Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IL-Massive property tax increases hit Chicago home squatters

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Swordy, the problems go waaaayyyyy deeper than you are willing to admit. You can blame lefties (for watching state run TV and not told the truth), you can blame righties (for watching state run TV and not told the truth), and even the immigrants with dirt floors who probably don't even watch MSFOXNBC. The fact is, the MIC/Bankers control every aspect of our lives, and the politicians in the WH who get bought off and allow it to happen.

There is no way in hell millions of people in this country who have mouths to feed are going to quit their jobs to slow or stop the MIC, it's contractors, manufacturing plants and programmers. The book of Revelations talks about nations coming to end, and soon enough, with or without my help, this nation will end.

We can make progress if people like you would stop trying to destroy everything on purpose, with GOD's help we will in spite of you.
    This Nation will end in GOD's own good time but we are responsible to make it as good as we can until he chooses the time to end it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Remember when PAF said he was leaving RPFs for good? Not a man of his word.
    He promised to leave the country too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What ever gave you that impression? My position has never changed. The only reason the welfare state has grown much worse is because the folks at the FED level use it as a political tool. The politicians and the MIC will look for and create any set of circumstances necessary to profit off the taxpayer.
    So you oppose open borders?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He promised to leave the country too.
    Under your new world order of statism it won't matter much where I go, the MIC will know exactly where I am. But yeah, I look forward to umbrellas in my drinks ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Under your new world order of statism it won't matter much where I go, the MIC will know exactly where I am. But yeah, I look forward to umbrellas in my drinks ;-)
    Under your open borders it wouldn't much matter if I stay here, you are inviting the world to come and impose communism on me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The NWO is globalist and in favor of open borders, just like you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So you oppose open borders?
    I detest Welfare in any and all forms. I believe in the right to travel freely as a God given (not Fed-given) right. I firmly believe in my signature which is the bed-rock of all others rights. I have been on this forum long enough for you to know that.

Why you guys keep trying to come at me for what this out of control government is doing to all of us I have no clue why.

Under your open borders it wouldn't much matter if I stay here, you are inviting the world to come and impose communism on me.
    Solution for you: Build a dome over your head and put a fence around it. Do it on your own dime. I'm sick of paying for your mistakes and the Fed's intentional ones. IE Welfare.

You said [in the image you just posted] you do not oppose open borders IF we end the Welfare State. Emphasis on the “IF” was yours.

So when did that change? Now you support open borders, but the welfare state has only grown much worse, with no end in sight.
    What ever gave you that impression? ...
    Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough. You said that in the image you posted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Solution for you: Build a dome over your head and put a fence around it. Do it on your own dime. I'm sick of paying for your mistakes and the Fed's intentional ones. IE Welfare.
    So your communist buddies can bomb it and throw me in the GULAG?

No thanks, take your fantasies with you and leave the country as you promised.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I detest Welfare in any and all forms. I believe in the right to travel freely as a God given (not Fed-given) right.
    There isn't a right to enter another Nation's territory without permission.

Why you guys keep trying to come at me for what this out of control government is doing to all of us I have no clue why.
    Because you are helping them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough. You said that in the image you posted.
    Rather than to advocate keeping Welfare/Incentives and closing the border, and in light of the MIC/DHS/TSA plan to implement biometric ID here in the make believe "Land of the Free Home of the Brave" (I have several threads on it) I am advocating that we get down to the root of the problem and call for an end to Welfare/Incentives.

I know that is not the populist attitude around this RPF, but somebody has to make a solid stand for freedom, liberty and fiscal responsibility.

You said you do not oppose open borders IF we end the Welfare State. Emphasis on the “IF” was yours.

So when did that change? Now you support open borders, but the welfare state has only grown much worse, with no end in sight.
    Rather than to advocate keeping Welfare/Incentives and closing the border, and in light of the MIC/DHS/TSA plan to implement biometric ID here in the make believe "Land of the Free Home of the Brave" (I have several threads on it) I am advocating that we get down to the root of the problem and call for an end to Welfare/Incentives.

I know that is not the populist attitude around this RPF, but somebody has to make a solid stand for freedom, liberty and fiscal responsibility.
    I don’t know that anyone here disagrees about ending the welfare state.

Your disagreements with people seem to center on immigration. Thus the logic of the statement in the image you posted would mean that you do not support open borders until the welfare state is ended. That has been a very common position among libertarians for a long time.

You are being evasive, so either you changed your mind, as many seem to have done, or you were just throwing that out there when you originally posted that (on the Daily Paul, I assume).

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How come I care about it, and I am the very textbook definition of a nationalist (even worse, a white nationalist)?

Chicago is just the opposite, the textbook definition of diversity and multi-culti Kum By Ya-ism.

How is importing millions more people like that, all looking to vote for more government, plush-bottom city jobs, handouts and reparations gonna make this situation better?
    If you work your ass off, pay mortgage, and property taxes, you owe reparations to those who don't. It's only fair.

I don’t know that anyone here disagrees about ending the welfare state.

Your disagreements with people seem to center on immigration. Thus the logic of the statement in the image you posted would mean that you do not support open borders until the welfare state is ended. That has been a very common position among libertarians for a long time.

You are being evasive, so either you changed your mind, as many seem to have done, or you were just throwing that out there when you originally posted that (on the Daily Paul, I assume).
    I am tired of explaining my solid position on this forum and having a few select others continuously twist and/or put words into my mouth, over and over again. For passers by visiting this forum, I do not want the wrong impression taken about me, since I am still politically active. That, I understand, comes with the territory.

I was very well grounded back before and into the Daily Paul days. Since those days, bills and information came to light, which enabled me to see the bigger picture of what this government is trying to do in order to grow itself and fund the special interest. Perhaps back in those days I had hoped to see a positive change in government, but since then have come to the conclusion that the government has grown so large and powerful, the only way to overcome it is for people en mass to come to a discovery, one of which Ron Paul and others, including me, are trying to do.

Government solutions to government created problems ALWAYS leads to growth of government.

the only way to overcome it is for people en mass to come to a discovery
    That will never happen, there will never be a New Soviet Anarchist Man, we have to make progress incrementally just like our enemies did and that means doing damage control by keeping out the invaders our enemies intend to use against us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A property tax increase or decrease should be voted solely by property owners

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    A property tax increase or decrease should be voted solely by property owners
    That's if you allow property taxes at all.

Local governments should have a bicameral legislature with one house voted on only by property owners and the other half by non-property owners.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no way in hell millions of people in this country who have mouths to feed are going to quit their jobs to slow or stop the MIC, it's contractors, manufacturing plants and programmers. The book of Revelations talks about nations coming to end, and soon enough, with or without my help, this nation will end.
    Ahhh, that's the insight into your line of thinking I had been looking for.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Ahhh, that's the insight into your line of thinking I had been looking for.
    Those who want to bring on the destruction instead of letting GOD take care of it are as bad as those that want to create a millennial paradise instead of waiting for GOD.
    And they are often one and the same.

Heaven save us from madmen with GOD complexes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    The book of Revelations talks about nations coming to end, and soon enough, with or without my help, this nation will end.
    If you truly wish to live out the rest of your life in hell, I can arrange that.
    You know as well as I do the end of America will not mean a better world, in any way.
    Deep down you know it is true.

But know that your damnation will see America continue on.
    With or without your help. Because your help does not count for anything.
    And America continuing on, will compound your agony. America will exist when you draw your last breath.
    I can assure you of that, because America has my help.
    In fact, everything you do in life is counterproductive to your aims.
    Because you actually have no clue what your aims are.

You think you do. But you have no idea what happiness is.
    Is it Pussy? Paper? Poetry?

No it's purpose.

All this time on this planet, and still no purpose.
    It isn't America keeping you from finding your purpose.
    It's laziness.

Politics can not keep a man from finding his purpose, only laziness can.
    Prison, can not keep a man from finding his purpose, only laziness can.
    Posting on these forums is leisure, disguised as purpose.

Are you changing anything by posting here? Do you really believe that?
    Resist me? Go ahead. Go ahead and try to tell me your are doing one iota of good by posting here.
    Let's hear your excuses for your laziness, and why you are here, typing out useless words, and not fulfilling your purpose.

A purpose, mind you, you clearly have not even started, in your entire life, except maybe one or two half-assed attempts, before you determined it was too hard or impossible.

(P.S. your purpose is clearly not politics, you suck at it)
    Last edited by UWDude; 07-11-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Wonder how many of Illinois's problems would go away if Cook County didn't exist.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Not home owners. None of us are home owners...just peasants squatting on the King's Land at the whim of the local liege-lord.
    But is this not exactly what you support? At least when it comes to immigration policy.

I'm glad you asked...maybe @Ender will take a look at this as well, since he likes to poke fun at my William Wallace avatar as well.

I don't know why though. Let's look briefly at William Wallace...what did he fight for? Cheap French goods? Hordes of Irish to work for potatoes to cut the grass at his castle?

No, he fought for a nation of his own, to overthrow foreign invaders in defense of his home and family.

He fought for a nation of Scots, for Scottish posterity, in a society run by Scots.

What is so out of line with Anti Federalism?
    å
    They believed the Constitution needed a Bill of Rights.
    They believed the Constitution created a presidency so powerful that it would become a monarchy.
    They believed the Constitution did too little with the courts and would create an out-of-control judiciary.
    They believed that the national government would be too far away from the people and thus unresponsive to the needs of localities.
    They believed the Constitution would abrogate, at least in part, the power of the states.

This government has done every one of those things, and failed in many other regards, just like the Anti Feds predicted, not the least of which, prevent and repel invasion, which the AoC at least was very clear on THAT point.

The Anti Feds were not opposed to state governments, they were opposed to an overpowering central government.

But even the greatest Anti Fed of them all, Patrick Henry, saw the power in unity when opposed to tyrants:

The distinctions between Virginians, Pennsylvanians, New Yorkers, and New Englanders are no more. I Am Not A Virginian, But An American!”
    ― Patrick Henry

He fought for the same reason William Wallace fought, for the same reason I fight, for freedom and for a place, a nation of my own, and my posterity.

So I don't see why my "handle" or avatar should be surprising.
    Dude- I was NOT making fun of you- I was reminding you- and everyone- of Wallace's importance & what he did.

And Wallace was not fighting "immigration". He was fighting the Empire of the day taking his country. Today's Empire is doing the same damn thing but if people resist, we call them communists /socialists & employ coups & total take-overs of their countries & resources. The Anti-Feds were right on. The same PTB have also ripped the original CONstitution to shreds while slowly enslaving the people so they accept it & think they are free.

Immigration is NOT the problem- it is a ruse to keep your eye off the mark. Ironic how everyone here talks continually about the Deep State etc but still blames them dirty immigrants on any problem. A perfect example is this thread- how property taxes are now the fault of immigrants.

It is not.

It is the fault of Americans believing everything they're taught & told & never coming to a full understanding of what true freedom really means and what their personal responsibility is in keeping it. It's so much easier to point the finger at someone who doesn't look like you & blame them.

Of course, hate & division is also part of this planned ruse. We see it all over this forum.

All the insults, name-calling, & finger-pointing at someone who doesn't agree on a subject, no matter how small or insignificant is mind-blowing. And every single issue goes back to immigration for a few of the biggest insulters. Creating division seems to be part of their ideology.

And, of course there will be the regulars jumping in to scream that I- and anyone who believes in true freedom are open-border advocates- and take the subject of this post right back to the hate & division category.

For the record- and zillionth time:

I believe in free travel but absolutely no incentives- people should be able to come & work or spend money, but NO free stuff or privileges, a reasonable path to citizenship, and REAL capitalism & free enterprise. End the WoD & WoT, bring the military home, and mind our own business.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Dude- I was NOT making fun of you- I was reminding you- and everyone- of Wallace's importance & what he did.

And Wallace was not fighting "immigration". He was fighting the Empire of the day taking his country. Today's Empire is doing the same damn thing but if people resist, we call them communists /socialists & employ coups & total take-overs of their countries & resources. The Anti-Feds were right on. The same PTB have also ripped the original CONstitution to shreds while slowly enslaving the people so they accept it & think they are free.
    I know...I just wanted to have you chime in here.

But the bottom line remains that Wallace fought to free Scotland from outside invaders, for the purpose of creating something the Scots had never had: a nation and home for themselves.

What we are seeing at the border right now is an invasion: a well organized attack, using people, armed with nothing but the ability to use our our sense of pity and "Christian" charity against us, to seize and occupy us.

If it were Welsh longbowmen or Panzer tanks rolling across the border, people would recognize the threat, and (almost) to a man respond, vigorously.

But it's not, and that is WHY the PTB use dirt poor peasants as the latest weapon.

Deadly effective and cheap as hell.

Immigration is NOT the problem- it is a ruse to keep your eye off the mark. Ironic how everyone here talks continually about the Deep State etc but still blames them dirty immigrants on any problem. A perfect example is this thread- how property taxes are now the fault of immigrants.
    I never said that. What I said was, the situation will not be improved by bringing millions more who support the ideas that that got us into this mess into the country.

And it will not. You know it as well as I do.

Exhibit A: California, where the Bolshevik Super Majorities, put into power by the migrant hordes that have started to vote have now approved "free" healthcare for illegal migrant invaders.

It is the fault of Americans believing everything they're taught & told & never coming to a full understanding of what true freedom really means and what their personal responsibility is in keeping it. It's so much easier to point the finger at someone who doesn't look like you & blame them.
    The two are separate issues. My understanding of the migrant invasion and my opposition to it take two forms, the one right now short term: cease all immigration from anywhere, so we can sort $#@! out. That junkie $#@! from Trashcanistan that killed all my brother riders up in NH looks just like me (a Caucasian of western European stock). I want him thrown the $#@! out of my country as well.

Of course, hate & division is also part of this planned ruse. We see it all over this forum.

All the insults, name-calling, & finger-pointing at someone who doesn't agree on a subject, no matter how small or insignificant is mind-blowing. And every single issue goes back to immigration for a few of the biggest insulters. Creating division seems to be part of their ideology.

And, of course there will be the regulars jumping in to scream that I- and anyone who believes in true freedom are open-border advocates- and take the subject of this post right back to the hate & division category.
    I don't see hate here, or at least not from me, directed towards other freedom folks like you.

I see plenty of hate directed at me from the New Bolsheviks.

That's why I have taken a defensive posture...I am not kidding, these people, were they to come into a great deal of power (which is just sitting there to be picked up, thanks to the expansion of the police state) would kill me.

For the record- and zillionth time:

I believe in free travel but absolutely no incentives- people should be able to come & work or spend money, but NO free stuff or privileges, a reasonable path to citizenship, and REAL capitalism & free enterprise. End the WoD & WoT, bring the military home, and mind our own business.
    And I reply, for the zillionth time:

You will NEVER achieve that if you continue to allow millions who are opposed those ideas into the country on top of the millions already here that are opposed to it.

All you're going to get, at best, is a failed narco state like Mexico with all its corruption, misery and a murder rate three times what ours is.

At worst, you'll get a Rwandan or Cambodian style genocide.

If the ship is sinking, you start the pumps AND patch the hole.

Both...not one or the other...to do that, or even worse, nothing at all, ensures you will sink.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    But is this not exactly what you support? At least when it comes to immigration policy.
    OK, I'll bite...tell me how.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we have to make progress incrementally
    Sounds reasonable
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I know...I just wanted to have you chime in here.

But the bottom line remains that Wallace fought to free Scotland from outside invaders, for the purpose of creating something the Scots had never had: a nation and home for themselves.

What we are seeing at the border right now is an invasion: a well organized attack, using people, armed with nothing but the ability to use our our sense of pity and "Christian" charity against us, to seize and occupy us.

If it were Welsh longbowmen or Panzer tanks rolling across the border, people would recognize the threat, and (almost) to a man respond, vigorously.

But it's not, and that is WHY the PTB use dirt poor peasants as the latest weapon.

Deadly effective and cheap as hell.

I never said that. What I said was, the situation will not be improved by bringing millions more who support the ideas that that got us into this mess into the country.

And it will not. You know it as well as I do.

Exhibit A: California, where the Bolshevik Super Majorities, put into power by the migrant hordes that have started to vote have now approved "free" healthcare for illegal migrant invaders.

The two are separate issues. My understanding of the migrant invasion and my opposition to it take two forms, the one right now short term: cease all immigration from anywhere, so we can sort $#@! out. That junkie $#@! from Trashcanistan that killed all my brother riders up in NH looks just like me (a Caucasian of western European stock). I want him thrown the $#@! out of my country as well.

I don't see hate here, or at least not from me, directed towards other freedom folks like you.

I see plenty of hate directed at me from the New Bolsheviks.

That's why I have taken a defensive posture...I am not kidding, these people, were they to come into a great deal of power (which is just sitting there to be picked up, thanks to the expansion of the police state) would kill me.

And I reply, for the zillionth time:

You will NEVER achieve that if you continue to allow millions who are opposed those ideas into the country on top of the millions already here that are opposed to it.

All you're going to get, at best, is a failed narco state like Mexico with all its corruption, misery and a murder rate three times what ours is.

At worst, you'll get a Rwandan or Cambodian style genocide.

If the ship is sinking, you start the pumps AND patch the hole.

Both...not one or the other...to do that, or even worse, nothing at all, ensures you will sink.
    Now THIS is a reasonable response. Thanks AF, & I do not include you with the haters- you are still one of my fav members.

I'm running out the door right now- will get back later with my POV.
    There is no spoon.

The politicians and the MIC will look for and create any set of circumstances necessary to profit off the taxpayer.
    Wise words there!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wonder how many of Illinois's problems would go away if Cook County didn't exist.
    You'd need to nix St.Clair, Jersey, Madison and Clinton counties too....

Then Illinois would be just fine..

95% of the land owners agree with this too.. (Acreage not $$)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast