Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin Shot and Killed Female Cinematographer, Injured Director on Movie Set

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Inexperienced’ Armorer on Baldwin Set Raised Alarm Bells on Prior Film

I won a bet. I bet someone this was a case of identity over competence. Female and Hispanic, just what Hollywood likes to see on film credits. And airlines are engaging in the same thing when hiring pilots.

While identity is irrelevant, competence is extremely important.
    Who Hired an incompetent Armorer??

The Producer should be held accountable.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Who Hired an incompetent Armorer??

The Producer should be held accountable.
    Baldwin still ought to have been arrested. Aiming anything but a squirt gun or paintball gun at someone and pulling the trigger is wrong. He is at least as culpable as any driver who ever killed someone.

Proper use of guns as props is far too well established in the theater. Blanks are too well known to cause injury. This is a highly paid "professional" who misused the tools of his trade in a completely reckless and negligent manner.

And that's assuming the psycho didn't load that live round himself.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-25-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Baldwin still ought to have been arrested. Aiming anything but a squirt gun or paintball gun at someone and pulling the trigger is wrong. He is at least as culpable as any driver who ever killed someone.

Proper use of guns as props is far too well established in the theater. Blanks are too well known to cause injury. This is a highly paid "professional" who misused the tools of his trade in a completely reckless and negligent manner.

And that's assuming the psycho didn't load that live round himself.
    And I am Prohibited from owning Airsoft.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I won a bet. I bet someone this was a case of identity over competence. Female and Hispanic, just what Hollywood likes to see on film credits. And airlines are engaging in the same thing when hiring pilots.

While identity is irrelevant, competence is extremely important.
    LOL they basically did this to themselves

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    LOL they basically did this to themselves

He was handed a gun by that, and he pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger?

I rest my case for negligent manslaughter. Someone ought to check his privilege. If he wasn't Alec Baldwin, he'd still be in jail.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-25-2021 at 09:09 PM.

The gun was in Baldwin's hand. He aimed it. He pulled the trigger.

He's rabidly anti-gun, though, so it's no surprise that he's ignorant of and/or incompetent at basic gun-handling safety.

But the issues with the armorer's competence provide an excellent opportunity for Baldwin to attempt to absolve himself of any responsibility.

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...41957585338378

He was handed a gun by that, and he pointed it at someone and pulled the trigger?

I rest my case for negligent manslaughter. Someone ought to check his privilege. If he wasn't Alec Baldwin, he'd still be in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The gun was in Baldwin's hand. He aimed it. He pulled the trigger.

He's rabidly anti-gun, though, so it's no surprise that he's ignorant of and/or incompetent at basic gun-handling safety.

But the issues with the armorer's competence provide an excellent opportunity for Baldwin to attempt to absolve himself of any responsibility.

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...41957585338378
    Actually, she placed the guns on a table ready for use. The AD (assistant director) took them from the table and handed them to Baldwin. It is the responsibility of the AD to double check the guns before handing them to an actor.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Some accounts have said that someone(s) was live firing at the sight too, maybe for fun or practice? Doing shots of whiskey at the same time would make it more authentic.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Some accounts have said that someone(s) was live firing at the sight too, maybe for fun or practice? Doing shots of whiskey at the same time would make it more authentic.
    Having a bottle of whiskey with you, is mandatory, if you want your shooting practice to reflect how you could shoot in a real-life situation.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Do we know for a fact that this was caused by a live cartridge being loaded into the gun? Projectile blocking the barrel with a blank is excluded ? I mean, not that it would change anything.
    "I am a bird"

Having a bottle of whiskey with you, is mandatory, if you want your shooting practice to reflect how you could shoot in a real-life situation.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Do we know for a fact that this was caused by a live cartridge being loaded into the gun? Projectile blocking the barrel with a blank is excluded ? I mean, not that it would change anything.
    No idea. Stories say that the gun was “cold” and the AD shouted “cold gun”, meaning no live or blank rounds were supposed to be in it.

Baldwin was assured the prop firearm was a “cold gun” — meaning it did not contain ammunition — by the assistant director who handed it to him before he shot it, according to interviews in an affidavit released by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisad...lyna-hutchins/

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CNN just reported that the gun in question was used for target practice with live rounds the morning of the Baldwin shooting.

For what its worth..............

Conspiracy theorists be like: Alec Baldwin was clearly MK Ultra'd into killing that cinematographer.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    CNN just reported that the gun in question was used for target practice with live rounds the morning of the Baldwin shooting.

For what its worth..............
    I know nothing about protocol but I would think any production with any type of budget would ever allow a prop gun to be loaded with live ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I know nothing about protocol but I would think any production with any type of budget would ever allow a prop gun to be loaded with live ammo.
    Change that to "never" and that's true of semiautomatics. They have to have their recoil springs altered or they won't cycle properly with blanks. Once that's done, firing actual bullets is a terrible idea. But to a property master, a revolver is just a revolver.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-26-2021 at 03:26 PM.

That's true of semiautomatics. They have to have their recoil springs altered or they won't cycle properly with blanks. Once that's done, firing actual bullets is a terrible idea. But to a property master, a revolver is just a revolver.
    What would be the need to use a prop gun that is being used actively in the production of a movie for target practice? Also a terrible practice to now have a protocol to check a weapon and accept responsibility for it when taking possession of it.

What would be the need to use a prop gun that is being used actively in the production of a movie for target practice? Also a terrible practice to now have a protocol to check a weapon and accept responsibility for it when taking possession of it.
    Ultimately the blame imo rests on Alec Baldwin, when the weapon came into his possession it was his responsibility
    - Kim Kardashian

Ultimately the blame imo rests on Alec Baldwin, when the weapon came into his possession it was his responsibility
    I agree. Do you know if the family of the victim is requesting charges be made?

I agree. Do you know if the family of the victim is requesting charges be made?
    No clue, I certainly would pursue civil charges at least. As a member of the lizard clan, Alec Baldwin has deep pockets
    - Kim Kardashian

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No clue, I certainly would pursue civil charges at least. As a member of the lizard clan, Alec Baldwin has deep pockets
    He should be in deep shat. Why arrest someone that defends themself but not a person that points a gun at an innocent person and pulls the trigger? Was he supposed to be funny and pulling a joke?

Without jumping on the band wagon here... I alway check a firearm when handed to me even if I just watched someone check it...

I mean my habit is to ALWAYS check.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Without jumping on the band wagon here... I alway check a firearm when handed to me even if I just watched someone check it...

since about 8 years old.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    since about 8 years old.
    +1

You won't die from checking a firearm too many times... but you can die from not checking it enough times...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post

Yup.

Every. Single. Time.

I know re-enactors that use blanks or just powder and wadding depending on the firearm/era. When they participate in these re-enactments who do they point the gun at when firing? NOBODY.

With all the cameras on site where is the footage of the shooting and what prompted Alec Baldwin to point a gun and pull the trigger?

With all the cameras on site where is the footage of the shooting and what prompted Alec Baldwin to point a gun and pull the trigger?
    It was a female cinematographer, my guess is they were screwin'
    - Kim Kardashian

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The cameras traditionally don't roll between takes, as this was.

If the revolver is period correct, it is unlikely to break open so the cylinders can all be easily checked. It's more likely to have an ejector rod.

It was a female cinematographer, my guess is they were screwin'
    That would explain hiring such an inept armorer.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast