Thread: How Many of You Guys Prep? How?

How Many of You Guys Prep? How?

I don't mean hardcore doomsday scenario, bunker in the woods chit. Just common sense. Having more food stored than the average hand-to-mouth schmuck who after two weeks will be down to his last jar of spaghetti sauce for dinner. If there is anything Dr. Paul tells us it's that this economy is on thin ice, with debt and money-printing to finance foreign adventures, and anything could happen, really. Hopefully it won't, but it could.

I would think the average Pauler a little more cautious and forward looking, not like all the sheeple who think the Walmart will always be open, gas stations will always be open, and the government will always be there to rescue you in any natural, economic, or social downturn.

http://www.theprepperworldsummit.com/
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 06-12-2019 at 03:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm good .
    Do something Danke

The way I have prepped is to be completely out of debt, grow a garden and save seeds, I have 100 gallons of water stored ,have solar panels and add a new battery as I can afford it and add up graded inverters, have built a Geo-thermal greenhouse that is watered with rain water, spare well pump, and spare parts and tires for the motor cycle, car, and truck. that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    The way I have prepped is to be completely out of debt, grow a garden and save seeds, I have 100 gallons of water stored ,have solar panels and add a new battery as I can afford it and add up graded inverters, have built a Geo-thermal greenhouse that is watered with rain water, spare well pump, and spare parts and tires for the motor cycle, car, and truck. that's all...
    You can vegetables?

I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive.
    What happens when you run out of gas?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    What happens when you run out of gas?
    I'll just skin a buck, or run a trotline
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

You can vegetables?
    I mainly freeze and dehydrate. I do can tomatoes and pickles. I usually eat the frozen first.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The best way to be prepared is to sign up for a FEMA prepareathon.

https://www.ready.gov/prepareathon

Be sure to download the FEMA app. It's great!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I bet you can catch catfish from dusk til dawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I'm good .
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I bet you can catch catfish from dusk til dawn.
    Yes. My survival skills also include:

Ability to plow field all day long
    Make my own whiskey
    Saying grace
    Living off the land
    Make my own smoke
    Grow good ole tomatoes
    Grow homemade wine
    Saying ma'am

Yes. My survival skills also include:

Ability to plow field all day long
    Make my own whiskey
    Saying grace
    Living off the land
    Make my own smoke
    Grow good ole tomatoes
    Grow homemade wine
    Saying ma'am
    Ain't too many things this ol boy can't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The best way to be prepared is to sign up for a FEMA prepareathon.

Be sure to download the FEMA app. It's great!
    This is pretty amazing. Not important because the info is so good, FEMA only recommends 3 days worth of food, that a joke, I say 3 months minimum a year better. But the fact that it's coming from FEMA means it's no longer just conspiracy nut stuff to the average sheeple, they need to hear it from a source they can trust. The government! We should spread this link with the note that 3 days food is a joke, make it 3 months, and we might not have to kill each other over the rare prepper's stores. Three months gives society a breathing space to figure out who the sh!tbags are who didn't prep at all, and throw them out or be shot on sight invading prepped communities. Panic is the enemy. You can grow a potato crop in 10 weeks. Kale 50 days.

Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 06-12-2019 at 03:52 PM.

This is pretty amazing. Not important because the info is so good, FEMA only recommends 3 days worth of food, that a joke, I say 3 months minimum a year better. But the fact that it's coming from FEMA means it's no longer just conspiracy nut stuff to the average sheeple, they need to hear it from a source they can trust. The government! We should spread this link with the note that 3 days food is a joke, make it 3 months, and we might not have to kill each other over the rare prepper's stores. Three months gives society a breathing space to figure out who the sh!tbags are who didn't prep at all, and throw them out or be shot on sight invading prepped communities. Panic is the enemy. You can grow a potato crop in 10 weeks.

They say 3 days because the FEMA camps should be set up within 3-4 days after any major disaster.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

They say 3 days because the FEMA camps should be set up within 3-4 days after any major disaster.
    Is FEMA bringing me ammo & bourbon ?
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Is FEMA bringing me ammo & bourbon ?
    Whiskey maybe, can't guarantee bourbon . Definitely no on the ammo, unless you're one of the volunteers .
    - Kim Kardashian

Whiskey maybe, can't guarantee bourbon . Definitely no on the ammo, unless you're one of the volunteers .
    I am undecided , but if Fema does not have steaks , lobster , drawn butter , draft beer and ammo I might not invite them to my area .
    Do something Danke

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner