9. You may not vote on this poll
  • wait

3 33.33%
  • move on

6 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I wait or move on?

Question Should I wait or move on?

Monday I interviewed for a quite good job. The interviewer was very nice and seemed to like me and my qualifications and whatnot. But still no word yay or nay. :bang: Should I start applying and interviewing elsewhere in the meantime, y'all think? I've spotted some other impressive looking openings the last couple days, and I'm-a getting tired of waiting for an offer. :P #kurwa
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You already know the answer. You were probably gaslighted during the interview.

yes, apply to other jobs. why are you waiting? you can always turn down other jobs or interviews. the more you do, the more experience at it you'll get.
    ifn you need a job, there is no reason to limit yourself, that's loser thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yes, apply to other jobs. why are you waiting? you can always turn down other jobs or interviews. the more you do, the more experience at it you'll get.
    ifn you need a job, there is no reason to limit yourself, that's loser thinking.
    I agree, fill out as many as you can, you might end up going to ten of those before you actually get hired at one. Maybe a couple will call around the same time and you will have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Monday I interviewed for a quite good job. The interviewer was very nice and seemed to like me and my qualifications and whatnot. But still no word yay or nay. :bang: Should I start applying and interviewing elsewhere in the meantime, y'all think? I've spotted some other impressive looking openings the last couple days, and I'm-a getting tired of waiting for an offer. :P #kurwa
    Yes.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Keep your options open and apply to the other jobs, if the first one does finally get back with you it won't mean you can't take it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Just feeling indecisive about it, and I wanted to give these folks a decent chance at me. But I'm feeling pretty irked nao , thus I've already found several other similar places to apply. I reckon I'll have some applications out by the end of the night.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I always enjoyed interviewing. Back when American was great, I had some great interviews where we smoked and drank beer during the process.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just feeling indecisive about it, and I wanted to give these folks a decent chance at me. But I'm feeling pretty irked nao , thus I've already found several other similar places to apply. I reckon I'll have some applications out by the end of the night.
    If they snooze they loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Keep your options open and apply to the other jobs, if the first one does finally get back with you it won't mean you can't take it.

At the same time, going to an interview for a job you don't necessarily want and don't absolutely need can be fun times.

What if you get a 2nd offer, more money, but not as cool as the 1st? Then you go to the one you want and say, "Man, I really like you guys, but I got this other offer for 20% more." ---- Then the awesome job you want bumps it up a notch and you've got a bidding war

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Double-down on the interviews while you're on a hot streak.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 05-18-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I always enjoyed interviewing. Back when American was great, I had some great interviews where we smoked and drank beer during the process.
    Lol... I had a few of those myself. Had a job wrenching on big trucks one time where the soda machine had an unlabelled button that dispensed cold beer on the bosses tab.

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Lol... I had a few of those myself. Had a job wrenching on big trucks one time where the soda machine had an unlabelled button that dispensed cold beer on the bosses tab.
    yeah our free soda machine had a beer button on it until the insurance agent saw it.... I guess we should have left it unlabeled.

Depending on your state's welfare programs you generally only need to apply to 1-2 jobs per week to keep your welfare. So no reason to look for any other jobs for at least another week. Just relax, sit back, and pop open a cold one
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

yeah our free soda machine had a beer button on it until the insurance agent saw it.... I guess we should have left it unlabeled.
    Ours was unlabelled for quite awhile and then we put OUT on it.

Keep looking .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even when you think you are totally happy with your job you should always keep your options open.

When opportunity knocks you need to be ready to open that door.

Use analytical skills and a good dose of reality to determine the advantages and disadvantages of opportunities and make your decision. When you are gainfully employed and are valuable you can dictate suitable terms.

You should probably apply for other jobs.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I think you should give the place a courtesy follow-up call. That way they will know you are definitely interested. Squeaky wheel....
    Whenever I was on the interviewing side of things, it actually helped me make a decision. Because you know the people who are truly interested and you can narrow the field down a bit, that way. I think your chances are better, if you make a follow-up call. Just quick and to the point, thanking them for the interview, letting them know you are definitely interested. Short and sweet.

Move on. They were probably kinda creeped out.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Move on. They were probably kinda creeped out.
    You think he offered them hugz?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You think he offered them hugz?
    Probably during introductions at the beginning of the interview.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Keep applying. Even if the interview went really well, its not a guarantee the job is yours.

Other side is "do you have a job" or "does a job have you"?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Probably during introductions at the beginning of the interview.
    lol Nah, just handshake at the beginning and end.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Keep applying. Even if the interview went really well, its not a guarantee the job is yours.

Other side is "do you have a job" or "does a job have you"?
    iknorite? This day work is just going to be something to build capital and pay off bills/college debt. *Ideally* I want to start the business I wrote a business plan for in college.

iknorite? This day work is just going to be something to build capital and pay off bills/college debt. *Ideally* I want to start the business I wrote a business plan for in college.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    +rep I NEVER GIVE UP

Sad news-didn't get teh job cuz I can't work the late shift. #kurwa Fortunately, I've already got other stuff to apply to.

Got a bite toady. One of the places I applied to wrote back to myself and all the other applicants that made the cut. Just asked a few things like "can you work full time?" "Can you work evenings up until 6:00?" "What is the hourly rate you must make in order to consider this job?", etc. I feel pretty good about this 'un.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast