Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bette Midler joins "No More Sex" strike to protest AL abortion law

Exclamation Bette Midler joins "No More Sex" strike to protest AL abortion law

In case you were unaware of this:

Alyssa Milano@Alyssa_Milano

Our reproductive rights are being erased.

Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy.

JOIN ME by not having sex until we get bodily autonomy back.

I’m calling for a #SexStrike. Pass it on.

7:40 PM - 10 May 2019

Bette Midler joins in:

Bette Midler @BetteMidler

I hope the #womenofGeorgia stop having sex with men until these indignities are overturned.

7:02 AM - 11 May 2019
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-11-2019 at 11:19 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Danke needs to see this

NO
    PROB
    LAMO
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Does anyone want to bang Bet Midler?

No...?

Well then, her strike can be safely disregarded, can't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @Danke needs to see this
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Does anyone else notice the irony ? They practice abstinence to fight the pro-life cause.

Sounds like a winning strategy.
    "I am a bird"

No , i was not aware .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Does anyone want to bang Bet Midler?

No...?

Well then, her strike can be safely disregarded, can't it?
    Dammit! I was going to get in that... now what will I do with all this whiskey and these paper bags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

The thing is, the most prolife people I know are women.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    The thing is, the most prolife people I know are women.
    It really just depends on empathy and ignorance. I don't think many people are for it rather they sort of think of it not in terms of murder but stil they don't like it, especially late term. I think that in their mind they believe that its not a person just like some people kept believing smoking isn't harmful even though the people who smoked were clearly dying earlier. So for them they don't think its killing people, they just think its something abhorrenet that people are going to do because people are bad and they just create black markets for abortion if it becomes illegal.

My wife was vocally prochoice and I was on the line. When my oldest daughter was on the way, we both went pro-life. For us it goes to a very deep level. I was an atheist/agnostic at the time, but I could sense her spirit. If someone does not see the fetus as a person, I can understand them being pro-choice. If they do see the fetus as human and they are pro-choice, that strikes me as insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It really just depends on empathy and ignorance. I don't think many people are for it rather they sort of think of it not in terms of murder but stil they don't like it, especially late term. I think that in their mind they believe that its not a person just like some people kept believing smoking isn't harmful even though the people who smoked were clearly dying earlier. So for them they don't think its killing people, they just think its something abhorrenet that people are going to do because people are bad and they just create black markets for abortion if it becomes illegal.

I've seen soooooo many Pro Abortion lunatics admit that it is a baby, admit that the baby is a living human being, and still demand its blood, all in the name of their personal convenience.

The bulk of these filthy animals are evil, not ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I've seen soooooo many Pro Abortion lunatics admit that it is a baby, admit that the baby is a living human being, and still demand its blood, all in the name of their personal convenience.

no thats just tribalism unpersoning them. Its like the fake tv show on Robocop called "its not my problem". Lots of people don't consider people who are not in their tribe as people. They probably don't even think about it, its the human survival instinct, people who are not in your tribe are your competition. Subconsiously they don't even consider people outside of their tribe as people. Maybe they even think thats one less person they have to compete with.

A man created that fetus, give him an equal say in all matters concerning it.

$#@! a bunch of self entitled women! Or not.

In case you were unaware of this:

Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy.

Good, one less person getting pregnant so she can have an abortion.

Seems folks have forgotten what sex is for in the first place.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah I just don't see how they can think of the fetus as a person, and I mean like someone you have known for years, someone with an identiy, someone with their whole life ahead of them, I mean if they think its a person what is the difference to them if the baby is born or not, are they for retroactive abortions too?

Yeah I just don't see how they can think of the fetus as a person, and I mean like someone you have known for years, someone with an identiy, someone with their whole life ahead of them, I mean if they think its a person what is the difference to them if the baby is born or not, are they for retroactive abortions too?
    "People die from all kinds of things that I don't like; war, cancer, AIDS, hunger. What's the difference- it's only wrong to you because this benefits me, and goes against your invisible man in the sky cult teachings."

Push them hard enough... and you will hear variations of this, time and time again.

So is this boycott supposed to be practiced by people in AL or is it for all women? Also, I dunno if the tweet confirmed that Bette Midler is doing any boycotting rather it seems like its her trying to urge GA women to join to protest their new abortion laws.

For me, I am pro life because I mainly don't believe in a one size fits all way of doing things. I think some cases are different and sometimes it may be better for the parent and kid that he/she went back instead of coming to life. I remember a case of twin boys born blind and deaf. I think the parents wanted to abort the kids but for some reason couldn't. The children were so difficult to take care of that they drain their finances, led to their divorce and complete break down of their family. I think the father also committed suicide later on.

This is the extreme but I feel like parents with the woman holding the deciding vote should be the ones making the decision to go through an abortion and not the society or govt. I also think a fetus is a potential human being and that potential is fulfilled when he/she is able to escape the womb and take his/her first natural breath.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    So is this boycott supposed to be practiced by people in AL or is it for all women? Also, I dunno if the tweet confirmed that Bette Midler is doing any boycotting rather it seems like its her trying to urge GA women to join to protest their new abortion laws.

For me, I am pro life because I mainly don't believe in a one size fits all way of doing things. I think some cases are different and sometimes it may be better for the parent and kid that he/she went back instead of coming to life. I remember a case of twin boys born blind and deaf. I think the parents wanted to abort the kids but for some reason couldn't. The children were so difficult to take care of that they drain their finances, led to their divorce and complete break down of their family. I think the father also committed suicide later on.

This is the extreme but I feel like parents with the woman holding the deciding vote should be the ones making the decision to go through an abortion and not the society or govt. I also think a fetus is a potential human being and that potential is fulfilled when he/she is able to escape the womb and take his/her first natural breath.
    I've defended you in the past- I regret that now.

Go $#@! yourself.

I've defended you in the past- I regret that now.

Go $#@! yourself.
    I used to be just like you, I grew up very religious. I was an altar boy from age 6 - 16, was a member of Legion of St. Mary, prayed the rosary every night and dedicated my prayers to the souls of children lost to abortion. I get it but this is a stance that I have since changed my mind on, its not easy but I can understand how you feel the way you do.

The world is hard as it is, forcing children to grow up with parents that rejected them can be far worse than death. I rather let parents make that decision.

So, basically she's telling women to use sex as a bargaining tool? hmm. Interesting. I guess all women are whores in her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    So, basically she's telling women to use sex as a bargaining tool? hmm. Interesting. I guess all women are whores in her eyes.
    Yes, and those whores don't like it if they get pregnant while bargaining and can't kill the baby when they have an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I used to be just like you, I grew up very religious. I was an altar boy from age 6 - 16, was a member of Legion of St. Mary, prayed the rosary every night and dedicated my prayers to the souls of children lost to abortion. I get it but this is a stance that I have since changed my mind on, its not easy but I can understand how you feel the way you do.

The world is hard as it is, forcing children to grow up with parents that rejected them can be far worse than death. I rather let parents make that decision.
    I always just think of that scene from 300 where they throw the baby off the cliff because he has a blemish.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    That's what it looks like.

MGTOW

WAIT...

There is... SEX?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

So, I'm curious. Since when have women NOT used sex as a weapon, to manipulate men and get what they (the women) want from them (the men)?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Former Who's The Boss star Alyssa Milano called for a "sex strike" on Friday to protest Georgia's new "heartbeat" bill that Gov. Brian Kemp recently signed into law - banning abortions in the state at six weeks into pregnancy.

Critics of the bill have argued that many women don't know they're pregnant in the first six weeks, which is roughly when a heartbeat can be detected.
    In response, the feminist former actress turned activist tweeted: "Until women have legal control over our own bodies we just cannot risk pregnancy," adding "JOIN ME by not having sex until we get bodily autonomy back."
    Our reproductive rights are being erased.

I’m calling for a #SexStrike. Pass it on. pic.twitter.com/uOgN4FKwpg
    — Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) May 11, 2019
    As Fox News' Joseph Wulfsohn notes, "The idea is far from new. In ancient Greece, the playwright Aristophanes wrote "Lysistrata," in which the title character persuades other women to deny their husbands of sex until they end a war. More recently, director Spike Lee's 2015 film, "Chi-Raq," transferred the same idea to modern-day Chicago and gang violence."
    While feminists on Twitter supported Milano with #SexStrike and #Lystistrata2019 hashtags, Milano was widely mocked on both sides of the aisle.
    Conservative director and producer Robby Starbuck pointed out in a Tweet that Milano's campaign means that "Democrats get no sex, get even grumpier and more unhinged," while "Republicans keep having sex" and "get to laugh." Moreover "Less babies get murdered as long as they keep this up."
    This is the funniest thing I’ve seen all year you guys. Does Alyssa Milano understand her plan means:

• Democrats get no sex, get even grumpier and more unhinged
    • Republicans keep having sex
    • Republicans get to laugh
    • Less babies get murdered as long as they keep this up pic.twitter.com/8g9U28sYDc
    — Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) May 11, 2019
    Starbucks' sentiments were echoed as others mocked Milano.
    A #SexStrike goes some way toward rediscovering traditional sexual morality.

Just don’t call it “continence” or “chastity,” lest the liberals wise up to the fact that they’re promoting what their enemies have been preaching for, oh, 3,000 years or so.
    — Sohrab Ahmari (@SohrabAhmari) May 11, 2019
    tfw the libs own themselves so you don’t have to https://t.co/iJKA0XADi4
    — Alexandra DeSanctis (@xan_desanctis) May 11, 2019
    embracing chastity to own the social conservatives lmao
    — Peter J. Hasson (@peterjhasson) May 11, 2019
    Feminists becoming Mike Pence to own the cons.
    — Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) May 11, 2019
    Women who support the #SexStrike see sex as simply something they 'give' to men to gain something in return. They do not see sex as a mutual expression of love. In this case, they wish to exchange sex for abortion laws.

Logically, such women are no different than prostitutes.
    — RAMZPAUL (@ramzpaul) May 11, 2019

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ll-gets-mocked
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast