Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I Pledge Allegiance to the Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

I'm not a xenophobe and I target the tyrants and their willing tools.
    That's funny.

You're the guy who is fine with individuals having their ability to donate limited, but strenuously object to corporations being limited in their ability to bribe Congress in the name of "free speech".

Yes, you do target the tyrants and their tools--for your undying support.
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's funny.

You're the guy who is fine with individuals having their ability to donate limited, but strenuously object to corporations being limited in their ability to bribe Congress in the name of "free speech".

Yes, you do target the tyrants and their tools--for your undying support.
    More lies, I have never supported any limits on anyone's donations.

You have supported government control of political speech, you are one of the tyrants' tools.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, I see, so only if it is end you are in favor of.
    Yes, I generally favor things which I favor, and not things which I don't.

I'm odd that way.

Even if that nation is the only one that is free?
    Any policy might, under the right circumstances, be justified as a means (the end being liberty).

The nationalistic policies presently in vogue in the West are not so justified (i.e. they don't and won't advance liberty).

And nationalism can never be justified as an end (by a libertarian).

If one views nationalism as an end (as SwordStaffel does), one is not a libertarian.

Even if that nation is the only one that is free?
    None since Nimrod,, the first recorded example.

though this one may have been intended as such,,,,, it just ain't so.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    None since Nimrod,, the first recorded example.

though this one may have been intended as such,,,,, it just ain't so.
    It has been better than any other and that is worth preserving and trying to improve on.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

I'm odd that way.

Any policy might, under the right circumstances, be justified as a means (the end being liberty).

The nationalistic policies presently in vogue in the West are not so justified (i.e. they don't and won't advance liberty).

If one views nationalism as an end (as SwordStaffel does), one is not a libertarian.
    Nationalism as an end is easy to justify as a libertarian and I have done so before, globalism can't be justified at all.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm odd that way.
    No, not all...that's most people...they are favor of doing whatever it takes to advance their goals.

So, where else in the world are these words being used:

they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Nationalism as an end is easy to justify as a libertarian and I have done so before
    Despite your valiant, madly equivocating attempts, you haven't.

In your defense, though, no one can, because it's impossible.

Squares aren't circles.

You should just drop the pretense of being a libertarian (but I guess that cover is tactically useful for you).

Despite your valiant, madly equivocating attempts, you haven't.

In your defense, though, no one can, because it's impossible.

Squares aren't circles.

You should just drop the pretense of being a libertarian (but I guess that cover is tactically useful for you).
    LOL

Physician, heal thyself.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, not all...that's most people...they are favor of doing whatever it takes to advance their goals.
    As a libertarian, the options are pragmatism (ends justify means) or purism (i.e. uncompromising anarcho-capitalism).

You seem to be criticizing the former, and yet your own views run contrary to the latter.

So...?

So, where else in the world are these words being used:

they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
    Go read some foreign constitutions.

Lots of peoples pay lip service to such ideas, as we do here.

Go read some foreign constitutions.

Lots of peoples pay lip service to such ideas, as we do here.
    And none have actually served it as well as ours.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You don't post much but you have exposed your position a few times:

Ending incentives is not enough without active measures to secure the border

That was not the point, the point was that active measures are needed to control the border and immigration.

You also keep accusing me of being racist in neg reps for supporting immigration and border controls even though I make it quite clear that it isn't about race.
    I have exposed my position of wanting to end welfare? What?? You made the claim that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," so I'll ask you again: can you name any measures to secure the border that I oppose? I really thought this would be easier for you.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

And none have actually served it as well as ours.
    Untrue, the US is not the freest country in the world.

More to the point, to the extent it isn't free, that isn't a result of immigrants.

More to the point, to the extent it isn't free, that isn't a result of immigrants.
    Wrong.
    On both counts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    I have exposed my position of wanting to end welfare? What?? You made the claim that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," so I'll ask you again: can you name any measures to secure the border that I oppose? I really thought this would be easier for you.
    The point of the post about ending welfare was to claim that was the only thing we should do about illegals and you are ignoring the other things I quoted.

I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Because you have a right to be wrong and nobody else does?

No wonder you're wrong as often as the rest of us combined.

The point of the post about ending welfare was to claim that was the only thing we should do about illegals and you are ignoring the other things I quoted.
    Where did you see the word "only" in any of the posts you quoted???

Wrong. You lefties don't get to constantly defame us with impunity. The conservatives are fighting back; starting with me, right now.

You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because you have a right to be wrong and nobody else does?

No wonder you're wrong as often as the rest of us combined.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Where did you see the word "only" in any of the posts you quoted???

Wrong. You lefties don't get to constantly defame us with impunity. The conservatives are fighting back; starting with me, right now.

You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    I will accept that I might be wrong about your position if you stop calling me racist, I have always made it clear that it is not about race, it is about liberty culture.
    It would also help if you explained what active measures to secure the border you would support.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I will accept that I might be wrong about your position if you stop calling me racist, I have always made it clear that it is not about race, it is about liberty culture.
    No, it doesn't work that way. If I have misunderstood or misconstrued your positions, I'll have to fix that, but not right now because you don't get to change the subject. You made the claim that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," so you have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    It would also help if you explained what active measures to secure the border you would support.
    No, it doesn't work that way. YOU made a claim, YOU defend it. You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    Amash>Trump

No, it doesn't work that way. If I have misunderstood or misconstrued your positions, I'll have to fix that, but not right now because you don't get to change the subject. You made the claim that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," so you have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.

No, it doesn't work that way. YOU made a claim, YOU defend it. You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    I gave better reason for my opinion about your position than you ever did for your opinion of mine and I am offering to take your word for your position if you take my word for mine.

Deal?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I gave better reason for my opinion about your position than you ever did for your opinion of mine and I am offering to take your word for your position if you take my word for mine.

Deal?
    You gave literally zero reason for your defamation except that I oppose welfare. Let's try this again: You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    Amash>Trump

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quite right.

And the countries that are more free, have very rigid immigration controls in place.

Graph freedom based on indexes that you consider to be most important to judging a nation's freedom index.

Doesn't have to be MIT level work, just a rough outline.

USA Freedom Level 1920 to 2020
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

You gave literally zero reason for your defamation except that I oppose welfare. Let's try this again: You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious.
    I gave a better reason than that but it doesn't matter, you never gave any reason for calling me a racist.

Let's just drop the past and I will take your word about your position if you take my word for mine.

Deal or no deal?

I would also like to hear what your position is on active border security measures beyond ending welfare.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If that isn't clear enough by now, maybe you need glasses or your monitor hasn't been cleaned in ten years.
    "The Patriarch"

I gave a better reason than that but it doesn't matter, you never gave any reason for calling me a racist.

Let's just drop the past and I will take your word about your position if you take my word for mine.

Deal or no deal?

I would also like to hear what your position is on active border security measures beyond ending welfare.
    No, it doesn't work that way; you don't get to constantly defame us with impunity. The conservatives are fighting back; starting with me, right now. You don't get to change the subject, and you don't get to sweep it under the rug. You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious. An honest person who believed I oppose most measures to secure the border wouldn't just pretend to believe me, and an honest person who realized I don't oppose most measures to secure the border would apologize. What would a dishonest person do? Change the subject in order to not expose his defamation.

I would be more than happy to fix any wrong opinions I have about you, and I would be happy to discus more of my ideas about border security, but not till we deal with your defamation. Deal?
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If that isn't clear enough by now, maybe you need glasses or your monitor hasn't been cleaned in ten years.
    Is he trying to read in the dark, perhaps?

No, it doesn't work that way; you don't get to constantly defame us with impunity. The conservatives are fighting back; starting with me, right now. You don't get to change the subject, and you don't get to sweep it under the rug. You have three options: you can demonstrate that I "oppose most measures to secure the border," you can apologize for being wrong when you obviously didn't even try to understand what I have made clear, or you can just continue as though what you said was true and make it clear to everyone your purpose here is nefarious. An honest person who believed I oppose most measures to secure the border wouldn't just pretend to believe me, and an honest person who realized I don't oppose most measures to secure the border would apologize. What would a dishonest person do? Change the subject in order to not expose his defamation.

I would be more than happy to fix any wrong opinions I have about you, and I would be happy to discus more of my ideas about border security, but not till we deal with your defamation. Deal?
    I think we are talking past eachother so I will just say that I will accept your word about your position and withdraw my claim.
    We will see if you are big enough to do the same now.

I will not be the first to apologize however, you insulted me first and never apologized, if you apologize first then I will.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

As a member of no tribe, I do sometimes envy other's the experience.

We will see if you are big enough to do the same now.

I will not be the first to apologize however, you insulted me first and never apologized, if you apologize first then I will.
    We'll get to that; no changing the subject.

I think we are talking past eachother so I will just say that I will accept your word about your position and withdraw my claim.
    You can't just sweep your defamation under the rug. If you can so easily withdraw your claim and never even try to defend it, you obviously didn't really believe it, so why did you make such a hefty accusation if you didn't believe it?
    Amash>Trump

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast