Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump: "Nancy Pelosi loves this country"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm skeptical to say the least, they have had plenty of opportunities to take the guns but they not only didn't but as I pointed out "Vatican controlled" Justices have even ruled in favor of gun rights.
    First, rulings for gun rights have never been the plain language of "shall not be infringed". It's always the "slow boiling of the frog" regulation, leading up to the consentual disarming. Unless a ruling is "shall not be infringed", it's not a ruling in favor of gun rights. It is a ruling in favor of regulating gun rights even if the surface appears to only merely confirm a form of regulation.

What is there agenda that is different from the Vatican's
    Good question. That would depend on what period of history you're talking about. It's not a linear topic.

In the first place I don't believe Trump is controlled by the Vatican and in the second Freemasonry infiltrated the Mormon church and was a major source of heresy.
    Aww come on. He appointed Jesuits to SCOTUS and is surrounded by Jesuit Bushies. He went to Fordham and Wharton FFS. It's well documented that Smith was a Freemason before he "found" the golden tablets and somehow the tablets contained ritualistic behavior that was remarkably similar to Freemason rituals that were in existence for hundreds of years prior. Missionaries even wear the black and white, signifying the black and white Freemason tresselboard!
    Last edited by devil21; 11-09-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    First, rulings for gun rights have never been the plain language of "shall not be infringed". It's always the "slow boiling of the frog" regulation, leading up to the consentual disarming. Unless a ruling is "shall not be infringed", it's not a ruling in favor of gun rights. It is a ruling in favor of regulating gun rights even if the surface appears to only merely confirm a form of regulation.
    Gun rights have been improving overall in recent decades.

Good question. That would depend on what period of history you're talking about. It's not a linear topic.
    Present and recent past.

Aww come on. He appointed Jesuits to SCOTUS and is surrounded by Jesuit Bushies. He went to Fordham and Wharton FFS.
    Guilt by association may hold some weight since we aren't in a court of law but his actions and and those of many of his associates outweigh it, not everyone with those connections is a Vatican pawn.

It's well documented that Smith was a Freemason before he "found" the golden tablets and somehow the tablets contained ritualistic behavior that was remarkably similar to Freemason rituals that were in existence for hundreds of years prior.
    Your information is inaccurate and the reason some rituals bear a resemblance is that the ancient masons copied and perverted them from the true faith.

I will not go any further with a debate on Mormonism here except to say that the Catholic Church is viewed as one of the greatest sources of corruption on the planet and throughout history.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gun rights have been improving overall in recent decades.

Present and recent past.

Guilt by association may hold some weight since we aren't in a court of law but his actions and and those of many of his associates outweigh it, not everyone with those connections is a Vatican pawn.

Your information is inaccurate and the reason some rituals bear a resemblance is that the ancient masons copied and perverted them from the true faith.

I will not go any further with a debate on Mormonism here except to say that the Catholic Church is viewed as one of the greatest sources of corruption on the planet and throughout history.
    Of course not. I said y'all don't like talking about it, didn't I? That leads to uncomfy stuff.

Ah well, back to the Don and Nancy lovefest thread, it is then. Nancy went to Jesuit schools too.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Of course not. I said y'all don't like talking about it, didn't I? That leads to uncomfy stuff.
    No, I simply don't want to derail this thread discussing inaccurate attacks against my religion with someone who is committed to believing them, this isn't the right forum for it and I'm not trying to convert you or anyone else here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Here comes the single payer.
    What on Earth would make you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2000
    We must have universal health care. Just imagine the improved quality of life for our society as a whole...The Canadian-style, single-payer system in which all payments for medical care are made to a single agency (as opposed to the large number of HMOs and insurance companies with their diverse rules, claim forms and deductibles) … helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2015
    Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say ...I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now...The government’s gonna pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump 2016
    A friend of mine was in Scotland recently. He got very, very sick. They took him by ambulance and he was there for four days. He was really in trouble, and they released him and he said, ‘Where do I pay?’ And they said, ‘There’s no charge' ...Not only that, he said it was like great doctors, great care. I mean, we could have a great system in this country.
    Funny as that would be, though, a big infrastructure boondoggle may be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Funny as that would be, though, a big infrastructure boondoggle may be more likely.
    I doubt it. The current political environment is that of two competing flavors of populism: Trumpian populism, and Democratic (as in related to the Democratic party, not to democracy) populism. These two groups of state-worshipers share the same core belief: government is improperly distributing its largesse. They disagree only on which group(s) of Americans is(are) the "correct" recipient(s) of welfare.

It would be challenging for the two parties to work together to enact bread and circuses, not because they don't want to implement them, but because they disagree as to their distribution. Their fundamental goal is to benefit their favored group. In this regard, single payer health insurance will benefit both Democratic and Republican welfare recipients, while placing a burden only on those who are willing to bear it (wealthy Democrats) and those who are unwilling but believe that they must bear it (wealthy Republicans). Infrastructure would be far more challenging, requiring a give-and-take exchange of worthless projects which will yield one side or the other some future political benefit. Given that Trumpian populists seem to get off on the exclusion or excommunication of the undesirable from the government's favored status, I don't think that the Republican party could politically endure any appearance that they agreed to the receipt of welfare by the unworthy. Essentially, the Trumpkin wants to expand welfare so long as that welfare is only given to the chosen; given the choice of compromise, they would rather that neither side receive welfare than to share with the undesirable.
    Last edited by TheCount; 11-09-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I doubt it. The current political environment is that of two competing flavors of populism: Trumpian populism, and Democratic (as in related to the Democratic party, not to democracy) populism. These two groups of state-worshipers share the same core belief: government is improperly distributing its largesse. They disagree only on which group(s) of Americans is(are) the "correct" recipient(s) of welfare.

It would be challenging for the two parties to work together to enact bread and circuses, not because they don't want to implement them, but because they disagree as to their distribution. Their fundamental goal is to benefit their favored group. In this regard, single payer health insurance will benefit both Democratic and Republican welfare recipients, while placing a burden only on those who are willing to bear it (wealthy Democrats) and those who are unwilling but believe that they must bear it (wealthy Republicans). Infrastructure would be far more challenging, requiring a give-and-take exchange of worthless projects which will yield one side or the other some future political benefit. Given that Trumpian populists seem to get off on the exclusion or excommunication of the undesirable from the government's favored status, I don't think that the Republican party could politically endure any appearance that they agreed to the receipt of welfare by the unworthy. Essentially, the Trumpkin wants to expand welfare so long as that welfare is only given to the chosen; given the choice of compromise, they would rather that neither side receive welfare than to share with the undesirable.
    Well said, and I certainly agree with the underlined, but I'm not convinced that infrastructure would be more difficult than single-player.

Both would involve some kind of compromise over the distribution of the loot.

There's also the non-trivial matter, in the case of single-payer, of the GOP having to do an embarrassing about face (even if only rhetorically).

What on Earth would make you think that?

From what I've heard, the planned infrastructure bill will be surprisingly light on federal funding and will instead be shouldered by the states and localities in the form of giant bond referendums and state spending financed by various tax and fee increases. My city just passed $200 million in bonds for various (Agenda 21/2030) infrastructure programs. The state has been floating the possibility of multi billion dollar bonds.

From what I've heard, the planned infrastructure bill will be surprisingly light on federal funding and will instead be shouldered by the states and localities in the form of giant bond referendums and state spending financed by various tax and fee increases. My city just passed $200 million in bonds for various (Agenda 21/2030) infrastructure programs. The state has been floating the possibility of multi billion dollar bonds.
    If they go that route, I wouldn't be surprised to see those state/local bonds guaranteed by the feds.

If they go that route, I wouldn't be surprised to see those state/local bonds guaranteed by the feds.
    Possible but I don't think they'd need to since the collateral for state and local bonds is the real estate and resources of the jurisdiction issuing the bond. IMF "aid" style.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was no accident or blunder that Donald Trump tweeted a congratulations to Nancy Pelosi and told Democrats that she should be the next speaker of the House. “She earned it,” the president declared.
    And how beautifully does that work out for Trump? In Nancy Pelosi, liberals are about to hand to the GOP the gift that just keeps giving. Pelosi is in many polls the least popular politician in America — she’s less popular than even Donald Trump. If the Democrats were a semi-sane party and not handcuffed to the identity politics that prevents them from ever firing any woman or minority no matter how big a liability, Pelosi would be the last person on earth they would pick to be speaker. Smart Democrats with whom I talk know that this is the case, but they can only half-whisper this truth.

Pelosi has already announced her first big new idea for Democrats. Drum roll, please. She wants to force Trump to release his tax returns. Now there’s an inspiring issue that will help make America great again. Next she wants to hamstring Trump with investigations, possibly initiate impeachment hearings, and unleash Maxine Waters of California as the incoming chairman of the powerful Financial Services Committee on the banking and investment industry. (Since Wall Street and many of the big banks showered Dems with money this cycle, it’s hard to feel sorry for them. What did they think were buying?)
    Maybe Pelosi will try to declare America a sanctuary country and shut down the border patrol. And perhaps her green allies will help her shut down all fossil-fuel development in America — thereby turning off the lights and putting many millions of workers out of jobs. You go, girl.
    In other words, Pelosi will give Americans a front-row seat into what “progressive” governance looks like up front and personal when the crazies are back running the show. It isn’t pretty, but it’s much better for voters to discover the madness of the modern Democratic party now than two years from now when the stakes will be so much larger. Trump finally has what he’s been missing since he vanquished Crooked Hillary two years ago: a foil.
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Donald Trump is the biggest winner in last week’s midterm elections.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vs-...174227756.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Here comes the single payer.
    lol, right. let the riots begin? all the crazy welfare folks will go nuts once the value of their food stamps hits a new low

Well said, and I certainly agree with the underlined, but I'm not convinced that infrastructure would be more difficult than single-player.
    Could be. I think that so long as they pitch it as a repeal-and-replace of Medicaid, they'd be benefiting from decades of past propaganda. See also: NAFTA.

There's also the non-trivial matter, in the case of single-payer, of the GOP having to do an embarrassing about face (even if only rhetorically).
    It wouldn't be the first or last time that they've had to do such a thing. The GOP is a post-policy and post-principle party and their take-away from the mid-term elections is that Trump is the sole factor affecting their electability, which will only strengthen the already existing cult of personality within the party.

My guess is that the Trumpkin sees Graham's about-face on the firing of Jeff Sessions as a positive and not a negative, as an example.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

The GOP is a post-policy and post-principle party
    ...something about Archimedes being able to move the world with a large enough PR team

I love it when President Trump trolls the democrats and the MSM. *Snickers*
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I love it when President Trump trolls the democrats and the MSM. *Snickers*
    Any thoughts on Trump saying he could deliver Pelosi the votes she needs to become Speaker?

Any thoughts on Trump saying he could deliver Pelosi the votes she needs to become Speaker?
    Yeah that's how he trolls. Sorry you haven't been able to pick up on it yet.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

TDS prevents one from understanding DJTvsg, that is his greatest advantage over his enemies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess he is a good troller, the best; I mean, he even trolled the Dems by supporting them for decades before joining the GOP.

I guess he is a good troller, the best; I mean, he even trolled the Dems by supporting them for decades before joining the GOP.
    And that should speak volumes to you--he obviously got wise to the democrats deception to switch parties. Lots of people have #WalkAway from the democratic party. Remember Ronald Reagan was a democrat that switched to the republicans.

And that should speak volumes to you--he obviously got wise to the democrats deception to switch parties. Lots of people have #WalkAway from the democratic party. Remember Ronald Reagan was a democrat that switched to the republicans.
    Or he switched parties for opportunistic reasons, didn't change his views, and won because the GOP is really the same as the Democrat Party...

Or he switched parties for opportunistic reasons, didn't change his views, and won because the GOP is really the same as the Democrat Party...
    You obviously haven't been paying close enough attention. The Democrats are more a thorn in his side than Kim Jung Un.

Is this the greatest reality show ever, or what?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I liked his old show better: no less stupid, but at least it was financed by advertisers rather than taxpayers.

Life is a great reality show.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Trump is not Jesuit. He is a billionaire real estate agent with a very popular reality television series.
    Coincidentally, while Trump was airing his reality show, Cesar Chavez was running a reality tv show called "Allo Presidente", except he would actually fire government officials, after publicly shaming them for inefficency or incompetence.

I happen to like Cesar Chavez. I happen to like Trump.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Trump is not Jesuit. He is a billionaire real estate agent with a very popular reality television series.
    Coincidentally, while Trump was airing his reality show, Cesar Chavez was running a reality tv show called "Allo Presidente", except he would actually fire government officials, after publicly shaming them for inefficency or incompetence.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, went to schools for ducks, hangs around other ducks, appoints other ducks to high offices and flies all the way to Rome to meet with the head duck....it's probably a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

You have Cesar Chavez confused with Hugo Chavez.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

You have Cesar Chavez confused with Hugo Chavez.
    He is also highly confused if he thinks Chavez was good for liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is a God-tier troll.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast