Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerusalem 'Fallout' Updates....

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    deal was finalized this week... been in the works for more than 6 months..
    Turkey haggling over 'details'... wanted the hard-coded 'software'.. Russia said 'like hell' hahaha.
    delivery in 2018...
    That's pretty interesting

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lebanon

Lebanese FM proposes to move Palestinian embassy to Jerusalem
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...ssy-jerusalem/

“I submitted a memo to the government to establish a Lebanese embassy in Jerusalem, the capital of Palestine,” Bassil tweeted, as quoted by Naharnet.

“I raised with the Palestinian president the issue of exchanging land lots between Lebanon and Palestine to this end and he promised me to exert quick efforts to offer Lebanon a land lot in East Jerusalem,” Bassil continued.

“God willing, the Cabinet should take a decision today,” the FM went on to say.

Nour Samaha-
    ►Lebanon's Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil has made a formal request for the establishment of a Lebanese embassy in #Jerusalem, the capital of #Palestine, and has offered land in #Beirut for the establishment of a Palestinian embassy in Lebanon

Syrian arrested in Lebanon for collaborating with Israel
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...rating-israel/

“The apprehended man has been handed over to the competent judiciary,” the communique concluded.

The Lebanese security forces recently launched a nationwide campaign to crackdown on citizens and foreign nationals collaborating with Israel; this latest arrest comes just weeks after actor Ziad Itani was apprehended for similar charges.
    Bethlehem

Breaking: Intense clashes breakout between Israeli forces and Palestinians in Bethlehem
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...ans-bethlehem/

BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:25 P.M.) – Intense clashes broke out between the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) and Palestinian protesters in the historical city of Bethlehem, Friday, resulting in a heavy exchange of gunfire.

According to local reports, the clashes broke out after the Israeli Defense Forces attempted to break up a local demonstration that was taking place inside Bethlehem.
    Mass demonstrations carried out across the West Bank and Gaza
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...est-bank-gaza/

According to local reports, mass demonstrations were reported in the Gaza Strip and West Bank cities of Ramallah, Bethlehem, and Hebron.

Live Streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76q35QLy2AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2paRF8HFC0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iEKbYCPtsg

Lebanon

Lebanese FM proposes to move Palestinian embassy to Jerusalem
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...ssy-jerusalem/

“I submitted a memo to the government to establish a Lebanese embassy in Jerusalem, the capital of Palestine,” Bassil tweeted, as quoted by Naharnet.

“I raised with the Palestinian president the issue of exchanging land lots between Lebanon and Palestine to this end and he promised me to exert quick efforts to offer Lebanon a land lot in East Jerusalem,” Bassil continued.

“God willing, the Cabinet should take a decision today,” the FM went on to say.

Nour Samaha-
    ►Lebanon's Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil has made a formal request for the establishment of a Lebanese embassy in #Jerusalem, the capital of #Palestine, and has offered land in #Beirut for the establishment of a Palestinian embassy in Lebanon
    Hopefully they do that, and then hopefully nobody in Israel or America takes any notice at all, on account of it being irrational to think putting an embassy in Jerusalem hurts anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Hopefully they do that, and then hopefully nobody in Israel or America takes any notice at all, on account of it being irrational to think putting an embassy in Jerusalem hurts anyone.
    It would seem to be another neocon chessmove is (again) backfiring.
    Turkey announced.. now Lebanon...
    I expect more.
    Price of Palestinian owned Real Estate in E. Jerusalem just went up.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I just don't know what this all means, or where these countries are I've never had to concern myself with learning where Alleppo was until 2016. I don't see them rolling this back. The MIC is about to check mate and the blowback won't be pretty.
    Sorry, I was liking your little poem:

Why did Constantinople get the works?
    That's nobody's business but the Turks.
    And, quoting the wonderful Anthony Andrews as he played the greatest Scarlet Pimpernel ever.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Sorry, I was liking your little poem:

And, quoting the wonderful Anthony Andrews as he played the greatest Scarlet Pimpernel ever.
    nah this song stuck in my head for 20 years LOL

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    That's right.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Clinton, Bush, Obama, etc. saying Jerusalem is the Capital.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/509702...-barack-obama/

House and Senate passed a bill called the “Jerusalem Embassy Act,” which formally recognized the city as the country’s capital and called for the U.S. Embassy in Israel to be moved there from Tel Aviv by 1999. Support for the bill was overwhelming. It passed the Senate by a 93 to 5 vote, with four Republicans and one Democrat voting no. It passed the House 374 to 37, with 153 Democrats joining most of the new Republican majority that had swept into power in 1994.
    Last edited by Danke; 12-15-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Turkey announces it will open a Palestine embassy in East Jerusalem, the de facto capital of Palestine. It will keep its Israel embassy in Tel Aviv.

Regional powerhouse Turkey was the first Muslim-majority nation to forge diplomatic ties with Israel, in 1949 …

Lebanese Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil followed Turkey’s lead and informed Palestinian Authority … of Beirut’s willingness to establish a Lebanese embassy in East Jerusalem. …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

BBC Breaking News-Verified account @BBCBreaking

British diplomat Rebecca Dykes, who worked at UK embassy in Beirut, found murdered, police say

The Spectator Index
    @spectatorindex
    BREAKING: British diplomat Rebecca Dykes raped and murdered in Lebanon

Killer of British diplomat arrested outside of Beirut
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...utside-beirut/

BEIRUT, LEBANON (1:05 P.M.) – The Information Branch managed to apprehend the killer of British diplomat Rebecca Dykes.

Dykes was found dead along the Metn expressway on Saturday.

The killer is identified as taxi driver Tareq H; he also confessed to the crime.

In details, Tareq had picked up Dykes – a 30-year-old diplomat working the British Embassy in Lebanon – from Gemmayze on Friday night, and drove her along the Metn expressway, where he attempted to rape her before strangling and dumping her body along the road.

►Saudi King Salman, CIA chief Pompeo meet in Riyadh
    RT

UN mulls resolution to rescind US Jerusalem recognition
    http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/...m-recognition/

Conflict News
    BREAKING: United States vetoes UN resolution that would have required Trump to rescind declaration of Jerusalem as Israel capital. - @AP

Al Arabiya English
    BREAKING: Palestinian Authority president Mahmood Abbas: We will not accept that the United States as a mediator in the political process anymore

Pakistan

Thousands rally in Karachi in solidarity with Palestine

Lebanon

Lebanese President blasts Israel over repeated violations
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...ed-violations/

BEIRUT, LEBANON (5:50 P.M.) – Lebanese President Michel ‘Aoun held a meeting with the UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon Penille Dahler Kardel at his Ba’abda palace today.

During the meeting, the Lebanese President renewed his country’s commitment to implement UN Security Council Resolution 1701, despite repeated violations by Israel.

“Lebanon holds onto the UN resolutions and insists on their implementation, namely resolution 1701, while Israel is still persistent in its attacks on Lebanon,” Aoun stated.

“Up to this day, more than 11 000 breaches of the resolution have been registered,” he continued.

“Lebanon has always been in a position of self-defense in the face of Israel, in compliance with the UN Charter,” he concluded.

Hamas Is Arresting and Torturing Jihadis to Prevent War With Israel

http://www.newsweek.com/hamas-arresting-and-torturing-jihadis-prevent-war-israel-752108

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Indonesia labels calls for U.S. boycott over Jerusalem move 'misguided'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indonesia-labels-calls-u-boycott-over-jerusalem-move-115838907--finance.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    UN Security Council disavowed Trumps unilateral move on Jerusalem's status in violation of prior agreements by a vote of 14 to 1. US was the sole no vote and used its veto.

However the UN General Assembly will be holding a special meeting on the issue to do the same. The US has no veto power over the General Assembly. The General Assembly vote is expected to be overwhelming with possibly only 2 "no" votes - US and Israel. Israel's government is lobbying hard to find 1 or 2 extra "no" votes.

War-Psycho Nikki Haley threatens the rest of the world that she "will be taking names" of any nation that votes against what Washington commandeth.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-taking-names
    http://news.antiwar.com/2017/12/19/i...-on-jerusalem/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Trump Threatens To Cut Foreign Financial Aid Over Upcoming UN Jerusalem Vote

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-20/trump-threatens-cut-foreign-financial-aid-over-upcoming-un-jerusalem-vote

I hope we cut it ALL.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump Threatens To Cut Foreign Financial Aid Over Upcoming UN Jerusalem Vote

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-20/trump-threatens-cut-foreign-financial-aid-over-upcoming-un-jerusalem-vote

I hope we cut it ALL.
    sure... can't/wouldn't EVER argue.. but not for these reasons.

We have 2 separate issues: money being one... Palestine/Palestinians/E. Jerusalem the other.

The arrogance is overwhelming against world opinion/dissent.

Here is the epic speech conflating the two... aka 'We OWN you... How DARE you!"

Ironically...
    It's another 'blunder' by team neocon.
    You want to see dissent/resistance/defiance? a multi-polar 'world'?
    Then cut the gravytrain... you ain't seen NUTHIN yet. hahaha
    Last edited by goldenequity; 12-21-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Trump ‘Will Be Taught a Lesson’ For UN Threats Over Jerusalem Showdown, Turkey’s President Say

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley listens during a Security Council meeting concerning the situation in the Middle East involving Israel and Palestine. Reuters

In Blow to Trump and Netanyahu, UN Rejects U.S. Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's Capital

An overwhelming majority of 135 member states voted in favor of the resolution, with only 9 voting against and 35 abstaining

Noa Landau
    Dec 21, 2017 7:15 PM

South Africa's ruling party downgrades Israel embassy to liaison office in support of 'oppressed people of Palestine'

In a major diplomatic blow to Israel and U.S. President Donald Trump, the UN General Assembly passed a resolution rejecting the American recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, with 128 member states voting in favor of the resolution and a mere nine voting against it.

Speaking ahead of the vote, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu used strong words to bash the international body, calling it a "house of lies" and proclaiming that "the State of Israel rejects this vote outright" and that "Jerusalem is our capital, we will continue to build there and additional embassies will move to Jerusalem."

The General Assembly's emergency discussion was being held at the request of Turkey and Yemen, who turned to the UN after an Egyptian draft resolution was presented to the Security Council and was vetoed by the United States, although the other 14 member states voted in its favor.

Looks like Nimrata Haley's conveyed threat of "taking names" did not work:

UN Jerusalem vote: US 'will be taking names'

20 December 2017

The US says it "will be taking names" during a UN General Assembly vote on a resolution criticising its recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
    Permanent representative Nikki Haley warned member states that President Donald Trump had asked her to report on "who voted against us" on Thursday.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42424666

Amal Saad- @amalsaad_lb
    Trump's threat against US allies Turkey, Jordan, Egypt illustrates why
    Iran has long refused to align w/US.
    Independence & self-sufficiency aren't just ideological principles but strategic necessities;
    overthrow of Shah regime was a lesson in consequences of political dependency.

Yesterday...
    Egypt: Failed Assassination attempt
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/sns-bc...220-story.html

ISIS released a video that shows them directly striking a helicopter of Minister of Defence Sedky Sobhi and Minister of Interior Magdy Abdel-Ghaffar by using an ATGM

sure... can't/wouldn't EVER argue.. but not for these reasons.

We have 2 separate issues: money being one... Palestine/Palestinians/E. Jerusalem the other.

The arrogance is overwhelming against world opinion/dissent.

Here is the epic speech conflating the two... aka 'We OWN you... How DARE you!"

Ironically...
    It's another 'blunder' by team neocon.
    You want to see dissent/resistance/defiance? a multi-polar 'world'?
    Then cut the gravytrain... you ain't seen NUTHIN yet. hahaha
    I have my opinion about the Jerusalem move but I certainly don't support the Imperial attitude involved in the threat, however if it results in cutting foreign aid I find that to be a good outcome.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump ‘Will Be Taught a Lesson’ For UN Threats Over Jerusalem Showdown, Turkey’s President Say

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley listens during a Security Council meeting concerning the situation in the Middle East involving Israel and Palestine. Reuters

In Blow to Trump and Netanyahu, UN Rejects U.S. Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's Capital

An overwhelming majority of 135 member states voted in favor of the resolution, with only 9 voting against and 35 abstaining

Noa Landau
    Dec 21, 2017 7:15 PM

South Africa's ruling party downgrades Israel embassy to liaison office in support of 'oppressed people of Palestine'

In a major diplomatic blow to Israel and U.S. President Donald Trump, the UN General Assembly passed a resolution rejecting the American recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, with 128 member states voting in favor of the resolution and a mere nine voting against it.

Speaking ahead of the vote, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu used strong words to bash the international body, calling it a "house of lies" and proclaiming that "the State of Israel rejects this vote outright" and that "Jerusalem is our capital, we will continue to build there and additional embassies will move to Jerusalem."

The General Assembly's emergency discussion was being held at the request of Turkey and Yemen, who turned to the UN after an Egyptian draft resolution was presented to the Security Council and was vetoed by the United States, although the other 14 member states voted in its favor.

Looks like Nimrata Haley's conveyed threat of "taking names" did not work:

UN Jerusalem vote: US 'will be taking names'

20 December 2017

The US says it "will be taking names" during a UN General Assembly vote on a resolution criticising its recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
    Permanent representative Nikki Haley warned member states that President Donald Trump had asked her to report on "who voted against us" on Thursday.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42424666
    I await the end of foreign aid to the 135, if we don't do it we will lose all international influence and be a laughingstock. (that might not be such a bad outcome either)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump's U.N. ambassador, Nikki Haley, upped the ante further in a speech just before the vote. Not only was foreign aid in the crosshairs, but U.S. funding for the United Nations, too, she said. Haley said the United States would "remember this day" when it was singled out for exercising its sovereignty.
    "We will remember it when we are called upon to once again make the world's largest contribution to the United Nations," Haley said in the General Assembly.

Yet the ultimatums from Haley and Trump did not dissuade almost all the top recipients of the billions of dollars Washington gives each year to help with security, development and other needs.

And within hours of the U.N. vote, the Trump administration started gingerly backing away from its funding threats.
    In Washington, State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said cuts to countries that opposed the U.S. were not a foregone conclusion.
    "The president's foreign policy team has been empowered to explore various options going forward with other nations," Nauert said. "However, no decisions have been made."
    On U.N. funding, Haley's office suggested the Jerusalem vote alone would not lead the Trump administration to cut off the global organization. Under Trump, the U.S. has been conducting a broader review of United Nations funding and has already cut money to some specific U.N. agencies over abortion-related concerns.
    "We will use U.N. votes as one factor in our foreign relations," Haley's office, known as the U.S. Mission to the United Nations, said in a statement. "It's not going to be the only factor, or even necessarily the number one factor, but it will no longer be ignored."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-no-dec...192833894.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The United Nations human rights chief is to step down, suggesting that his re-election would involve ”lessening the independence and integrity of my voice” after his outspoken criticism of world powers – including the US.
    Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein said he would not seek a second four-year term as the High Commissioner for Human Rights, telling staff in an email: “To do so, in the current geopolitical context, might involve bending a knee in supplication”.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-human-...130606007.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pope recently said “world is at war and is preparing to go even more forcefully into war.”

For decades Satan’s Pope led Globalist cabal has waged war against “sovereign” USA.
    Pretext for war against "sovereign" USA now plainly established.
    The ‘starting gun’ for all out war on “sovereign” USA will soon be fired.
    The big bang of the ‘starting gun’ will be nuclear explosion in New York City.
    New Years Eve. Fireworks displays in NYCity and around the world.

End of current year. End of current world order.
    Start of NEW YEAR. Start of NEW WORLD ORDER.

“Sovereign” nations will cease to exist.

Following soon will be the Russian led invasion of Israel. Invaders end up annihilated.
    Following soon will be the public emergence of the supreme Beast of the Revelation.
    JFK
    “When the enemy comes in like a flood the Lord will lift up a standard” Isaiah 59:19
    “Those who wait on the Lord will be empowered” Isaiah 40:28-31

In Jesus is the place of safety.

Revelation 13->forward reveals soul saving blessing conveying
    information regarding our end of era scenario found nowhere else.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-votes-...172303970.html

www.mosquitonet.com/~prewett/

Last edited by John Prewett; 12-24-2017 at 11:14 PM.

There seems to be a domestic situation developing too, this could complicate problems already being faced by the First Son-in-law:

CNN Poll:
    Two-thirds of Americans: US shouldn't take sides on Israel-Arab conflict

Two-thirds: US shouldn't take sides on Israel-Arab conflict Only 36% of respondents to CNN survey favor moving US embassy to holy city; support for Trump recognizing Israel's capital split along party lines

Actor Ron Perlman drubs ‘peacemaking slumlord Jared Kushner’ for Jerusalem move — ‘not the United States’
    David Edwards
    21 Dec 2017

Sons of Anarchy actor Ron Perlman on Thursday blamed President Donald Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner for a divisive decision to declare Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner questioned over $1.15bn mortgage

Colin Powell About His Own U.N. Report: “I'm not reading this. This is bull$#@!"
    Jun 5, 2003
    US Secretary of State Colin Powell was under persistent pressure from the Pentagon and White House to include questionable intelligence in his report on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction he delivered at the United Nations last February, source: US News and World Report

Although this could be seen as a huge insult in some diplomatic quarters, this was a tough issue/crowd and hopefully Trump would not say "You're fired" to Nimrata "long face" Haley who lately has been compared to fake Iraq WMD preso fame disgraced Colin Powell.

Nikki Haley's New Best Friends at the UN

Seven countries voted with the U.S. and Israel over the status of Jerusalem, getting an invite to a “friendship” party from the UN ambassador. So who gets to go?

Let’s run through the “no” list, made of up of Guatemala, Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, and Togo.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...ations/549119/

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I await the end of foreign aid to the 135, if we don't do it we will lose all international influence and be a laughingstock. (that might not be such a bad outcome either)
    Why not cut all foreign aid? Does US taxpayers gain anything by leaving billions of dollars in aid flowing to any parasites?

"Guatemala, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau and Togo joined the United States and Israel in voting no.

Honduras’ vote against the motion comes after the United States signaled it would recognize president Juan Orlando Hernandez as the winner of an election the Organisation of America States said should be scrapped over fraud claims."

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Why not cut all foreign aid? Does US taxpayers gain anything by leaving billions of dollars in aid flowing to any parasites?
    I would, but Trump is hardly likely to, he may not cut aid to the "yes" voters.

I hope that he at least cuts these off.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

US may recognize Israel as Jewish state
    https://en.mehrnews.com/news/130537/...s-Jewish-state

Israel will submit an official letter of the withdrawal from @UNESCO by year-end
    Sputnik

EndGameShow
    Israeli cabinet to vote on bill that would permit expulsion of Palestinians from Jerusalem
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.830785

EndGameShow
    Israeli cabinet to vote on bill that would permit expulsion of Palestinians from Jerusalem
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.830785
    Any thoughts on that @Swordsmyth?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast