Page 147 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 6539

Thread: What are you listening to?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm PARODY

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thing so's I can get the feel for this sort of music. I'm trying my hand at composing in this style this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

STYX - Show Me The Way

I see no reason that I should be the only one to suffer. And yes, I will one day exact my revenge upon those who exposed me to this toxic waste, for it is a crime against humanity.

FTW.

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Dean Martin - Volare

My fav is we ain't ever getting older.

Many will not know this one. Danny Gatton was one of the greats. He could wring sounds out of a guitar that few others could manage.

Sadly, he shot himself in his barn in 1992 or thereabouts. His suicide had a lasting effect on me similar to that of Ian Curtiss in 1980. I just cannot grok why anyone with that kind of talent and skill would do such a thing. I can see why a no-account such as myself would - I have no talent of which to speak, but people like Gatton and Curtiss were able to do things I never could, no matter how much I may have wanted it. I understand being depressed... but I also understand how to get out of it, even when one doesn't want to. Go teach kids how to play. Find the talent and encourage it.

I'm going on. So sorry. Here is an example of Danny Gatton's great.

Here, he's on with Robert Gordon

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Goin' tonight! YAY! I plan on getting there a few hours early and tailgating. The Butt Lights at Verizon Amphitheater are 15.00 each and if we leave early enough we won't be sitting in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Heard this one today. This guy had such a smooth delivery.

Also heard this one today. Better be pretty good to pull off a Beatles composition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Going to Retro Futura at Chastain Friday night.

I've seen The English Beat a few times.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I made my infamous 7 layer dip and have my beer on ice. Unfortunately, it's suppose to rain BUT I'm ready. I packed a couple of ponchos. I swear, it's rained at every concert I've been to this summer. Chicago was the worst. It was a frog strangler that night.

Men Without Hats are suppose to be there, too.

As I mentioned before, I've seen The English Beat a few times. I love them. I love their music. It's my happy music. BUT their shows are bugging me. Last time I saw them (about 10 years ago at the Variety Playhouse), they sounded great, the music was amazing and fun, and Lynval Golding (The Specials) was touring with them. Awesomesauce, right? Not exactly. They talked more than they played. Not really telling cool stories, either. Just chatting with each other. They'ed play a song. Great, ya get up, dance, and get all excited and then...talking for 5 minutes. Then another 3 minute song...5 minute talking....3 minute song...it was hard to keep up the excitement which is what I like about their music. I was disappointed in that show and I wanted to love it. So last night, they opened with Mirror in the Bathroom (my favorite) and kept going like madmen. YAY!! I was having a blast dancing like a lunatic - even Mr A danced a bit. That's The English Beat I love BUT they ended with a crap song. Really? That's how you're going to end your set? I thought maybe they had a better song in mind and they were saving it for an encore (I was screaming for an encore) but nope, that was it. They got me all hyped up and left me hanging. *sigh* I wasn't the only one who felt that way, either. I still love them, though.

Modern English were fantastic. During what seemed like a 15 minute version of I Melt with You, Robbie Grey quipped, Buy our merchandise during a quiet part of the song. I didn't but it was cute. I think I Melt with You is one of the best pop songs ever. Or is it considered New Wave? I would say it's pop.

This is the way they performed it last night. Atlanta has better singers, though.

Men Without Hats cracked me up. They played Safety Dance three times. I guess they know what side of the bread their butter's on. They also did a great cover of S.O.S. (ABBA). I actually like their cover better than the original.

Enjoy.

Mr A was glad to see Annabella Lwin (Bow Wow Wow). He has a crush on her. She only sang a couple of songs but she great.

Of course, she sang...

Katrina (The waves broke up) was good. Honestly, the only song I ever knew of hers was Walking on Sunshine. She played it and after her set she was hanging out by the bathrooms drawing a crowd. I hugged her and thanked her for a fun show. I wish I'd had my camera but it looked like rain and I don't carry a purse. I just had a cooler and I didn't want to risk my phone getting wet.

The headliner was Howard Jones. I'm not really a fan. Mr Animal hates his music. Two songs into his set, Mr A noticed I finally quit dancing and asked if we could leave. Poor guy had a long day so I said sure.

Last edited by Suzanimal; 07-29-2017 at 06:32 AM. Reason: I can spell for shit this morning. Moar coffee...