Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

VA shooter An FBI Asset - Heneghan Reports!

Jun 14, 2017

Tom Heneghan just reported to Stew Webb that James T. Hodgkinson has already been tied to FBI Division 5. There is also a Mossad overlay involved. Tom received this information from his sources in US Intelligence.

https://youtu.be/YyE0u3FReL4

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    There Will be More

Police and politicians seem baffled by the growing disenchantment with their class. They seem to expect people to behave toward them with respect and deference no matter what they do –
    Let us not forget the media presstitutes, propagandists and smug celebrities that are a part of this protected class......

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is my thoughts exactly-Rand has really badmouthed the Saudi's though by forcing the vote on the sale of weapons, he hasn't ever said such harsh words against them -ever. I think he see's the millions of starving people in Yemen and he doesn't approve of the arms deals.

That shooter could definitely qualify for one of those so called S.S.G's that infiltrate political movements. One could say that the Sanders movement had a lot to do with Clintons failure, I think Rand Paul would of done a lot better at getting anti war left votes and done better in the primaries if Sanders wasn't around either. The thing about Rand's Saudi vote is he forced that vote, Rand didn't force the Russia/Iran sanctions vote or anything.
    Rand is also famous for insisting when the "conservatives" want to prove themselves by cutting foreign aid, that they cut to all countries including Israel.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Just a reminder, leftists are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Just a reminder, leftists are the worst.
    How so? No harm is being wished on Scalise. I don't know if Scalise is bigoted, but he is certainly homophobic. He wants to take away the rights of gays and lesbians, while being saved by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    How so? No harm is being wished on Scalise. I don't know if Scalise is bigoted, but he is certainly homophobic. He wants to take away the rights of gays and lesbians, while being saved by them.

There is no evidence that he is either bigoted or homophobic. The chair of the Congressional Black Caucus (which actually is a bigoted group) vouched for Scalise. And what "rights" is Scalise for taking away? I guess you are talking about gay marriage. So what? Scalise has the same position Barack Obama had 5 years ago. How many leftists called Barack Obama homophobic? None. Glenn Beck was thoroughly denounced and booted off the air for calling Obama racist. Obama sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years. There is better case for calling Obama racist than Scalise for speaking at an event that David Duke attended 15 years ago.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what? Scalise has the same position Barack Obama had 5 years ago. How many leftists called Barack Obama homophobic? None.
    Ah, so because "leftists" are inconsistent, you must be inconsistent? I suppose one difference would be that Obama changed his viewpoint and endorsed gay marriage (and it was pretty much figured he took the position he did because of political reasons). Scalise has yet to do that.

Also, by my recollection, there were many left-wing groups and personalities calling out Obama's homophobia. Glenn Greenwald, Dave Rubin, etc.

Glenn Beck was thoroughly denounced and booted off the air for calling Obama racist. Obama sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years. There is better case for calling Obama racist than Scalise for speaking at an event that David Duke attended 15 years ago.
    Are we equating Jeremiah Wright to David Duke?

You must believe that Ron Paul is a racist, then, considering his newsletters.

Lastly, I think there is a big difference in the origins of Black-White and White-Black racism. The racism Blacks show towards Whites is based on distrust and real historical grievances. As far as I know, Black "supremacy" is virtually nonexistent; Black nationalism is only slightly more present. Most of what is perceived as "racism" towards Black is Black empowerment given the long history of being completely disempowered. Or, you can see it as an identitarian group like religious or nationality-based groups.

The racism Whites have towards Blacks is almost entirely based off of supremacist and nationalist leanings. Historically, when White people have gotten too crazy about how White they are, it's resulted in genocide, slavery, horrors, etc. The idea of White empowerment is silly given the fact that Whites have generally always been in power. White identity is similarly silly since White Americans don't exactly have a shared culture and history like Black Americans (notice how nobody complains about Irish-America, German-American, groups, etc. since they actually have some shared culture).

Ah, so because "leftists" are inconsistent, you must be inconsistent? I suppose one difference would be that Obama changed his viewpoint and endorsed gay marriage (and it was pretty much figured he took the position he did because of political reasons). Scalise has yet to do that.

Also, by my recollection, there were many left-wing groups and personalities calling out Obama's homophobia. Glenn Greenwald, Dave Rubin, etc.

Lastly, I think there is a big difference in the origins of Black-White and White-Black racism. The racism Blacks show towards Whites is based on distrust and real historical grievances. As far as I know, Black "supremacy" is virtually nonexistent; Black nationalism is only slightly more present. Most of what is perceived as "racism" towards Black is Black empowerment given the long history of being completely disempowered. Or, you can see it as an identitarian group like religious or nationality-based groups.

The racism Whites have towards Blacks is almost entirely based off of supremacist and nationalist leanings. Historically, when White people have gotten too crazy about how White they are, it's resulted in genocide, slavery, horrors, etc. The idea of White empowerment is silly given the fact that Whites have generally always been in power. White identity is similarly silly since White Americans don't exactly have a shared culture and history like Black Americans (notice how nobody complains about Irish-America, German-American, groups, etc. since they actually have some shared culture).
    The Irish were treated worse than the blacks. They were not considered white and were also hated because they were Catholics.
    There is no spoon.

Ah, so because "leftists" are inconsistent, you must be inconsistent?

I'm not inconsistent at all. Marriage isn't a right. I am for gay marriage but being against gay marriage isn't bigoted. I am pointing out that George Takei is representative of the leftist mentality. Greenwald and Rubin are not remotely representative of partisan leftists. Takei would never have such virulent hatred if Obama were in the same situation as Scalise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No.
    No. David Duke is clearly awful. But Jeremiah Wright is on a whole different level. And in Obama's situation where he had a close affiliation versus basically no affiliation from Scalise, Obama's involvement is infinitely worse.

No. That situation is complicated. Rothbard and Rockwell wrote the newsletters and I think Ron had a tough time saying no to people.

About 99.5% of time, something that black grievance mongers call racism is not racism. I don't distinguish between racism. I have no idea what disempowered or any of these buzzwords means. All that matters is equal treatment before the law. There is basically zero racism (at least in a meaningful way) in 2017 United States.

And the reality is if you want to hate someone for their political views and call names like racist or sexist or homophobic, it is very easy. Here, I'll do it. George Takei supports minimum wage laws and opposes school choice. Those views are more racist (using Takei's standard) than any views that Steve Scalise holds. Equal pay laws make pay more unequal by discouraging hiring of women. I guess anyone who supports them is sexist.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 06-18-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The Irish were treated worse than the blacks. They were not considered white and were also hated because they were Catholics.

The Irish weren't slaves, man.

I'm not inconsistent at all. Marriage isn't a right. I am for gay marriage but being against gay marriage isn't bigoted. I am pointing out that George Takei is representative of the leftist mentality. Greenwald and Rubin are not remotely representative of partisan leftists. Takei would never have such virulent hatred if Obama were in the same situation as Scalise.

Cenk Uygur is a prominent leftist who criticized Obama's homophobia. Rachel Maddow is another one.

Marriage isn't a right....interesting. So government can take away someone's right to marry?

No. David Duke is clearly awful. But Jeremiah Wright is on a whole different level. And in Obama's situation where he had a close affiliation versus basically no affiliation from Scalise, Obama's involvement is infinitely worse.

What did Wright say that makes you so angry? What did he say that was so racist that he was worse than Duke? I mean, the comments that returned him so much ire are not dissimilar from Ron Paul's statements.

No. That situation is complicated. Rothbard and Rockwell wrote the newsletters and I think Ron had a tough time saying no to people.

Ron is not a racist now. But, knowing him personally, he certainly had racist and identitarian viewpoints in the past. He's grown past it and moved on.

About 99.5% of time, something that black grievance mongers call racism is not racism. I don't distinguish between racism. I have no idea what disempowered or any of these buzzwords means. All that matters is equal treatment before the law. There is basically zero racism (at least in a meaningful way) in 2017 United States.

Right. Look at the drug wars. Look at the situation in Flint. Look at the studies that look at the biases we have against Black people (https://arstechnica.com/wp-content/u...isbodycams.pdf, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20363905). Look at the disparity in judicial treatment (http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/fi..._A.pdf#page=55). Hell, look at the studies on how White names get more callbacks than "Black" names (http://www.nber.org/papers/w9873.pdf).

Regarding your hand-waive of "buzzwords", you need to be able to look at things in context and nuance.

And the reality is if you want to hate someone for their political views and call names like racist or sexist or homophobic, it is very easy. Here, I'll do it.

Just because the word has been overused doesn't mean it should never be used. And while I agree that "racist" is thrown around way too liberally, and sexism fairly liberally, homophobic is often the correct word. Look at polls of American attitudes towards homosexuality. Many in Congress want to take away the rights of gays. Many politicians have said some disgusting things about the LGBT community.
    What you are doing is saying that because those words can be used wrongly, they are always used wrongly. Muddying the waters…too cowardly or politically correct to call bigots what they are.

George Takei supports minimum wage laws and opposes school choice. Those views are more racist (using Takei's standard) than any views that Steve Scalise holds. Equal pay laws make pay more unequal by discouraging hiring of women. I guess anyone who supports them is sexist.

There you go, twisting yourself into knots. Take is sexist and racist because a secondary or tertiary effect of a position he holds will make life worse for woman or Blacks? Yet, Scalise directly votes to hurt women/gays and he is not sexist or homophobic? Scalie wrote the marriage protection amendment. He voted against the VAWA. He voted against anti-gay hate crimes. He voted to end birthright citizenship and is very anti-amnesty.

The Irish weren't slaves, man.

Cenk Uygur is a prominent leftist who criticized Obama's homophobia. Rachel Maddow is another one.

Marriage isn't a right....interesting. So government can take away someone's right to marry
    Government licensed marriage is a privilege. But you have the right to contract and religious freedom to form any relationship you wish. The Government might come after you if the partner is of the opposite sex and less than a certain age though.

and yes, the Irish were slaves. Sometimes valued less than Africans and treated worse.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Government licensed marriage is a privilege. But you have the right to contract and religious freedom to form any relationship you wish. The Government might come after you if the partner is of the opposite sex and less than a certain age though.

and yes, the Irish were slaves. Sometimes valued less than Africans and treated worse.
    I'm against goonerment licensed marriage of homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. The goonerment should have NO PLACE in marriage or family at all.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Neither one of those people would criticize Obama as homophobic if he were fighting for his life after an assassination attempt. Cenk or one of the degenerates on his show might/would say the same thing about a Republican. I wouldn't be surprised if they said something nasty about Scalise.

Marriage isn't a right....interesting. So government can take away someone's right to marry?
    Marriage is a religious institution not a right. You have the right to make contracts. Given that the situation is complicated with inheritance taxes and income taxes, I support gay marriage as a practical measure. It isn't a right.

What did Wright say that makes you so angry?
    First thing that shows up on Google. Already infuriated. https://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/th...nt?oid=4757457

Right. Look at the drug wars. Hell, look at the studies on how White names get more callbacks than "Black" names (http://www.nber.org/papers/w9873.pdf).

The drug war is bad and has a racial outcome. Same is true for min laws, the gov't school monopoly, and incentiving single mothers with the welfare system.

Anyone who gives their kid a made up African sounding name is a bad parent. I would prejudge someone with a name like that. I know that person came from idiot parents so they would have to overcome that and demonstrate that they are different. A person with a name like Jamelle or Ta'Nisi has the potential to be an endless problem.

Regarding your hand-waive of "buzzwords", you need to be able to look at things in context and nuance.
    I don't do the whole balance of power of thing. That is something progressives do with Israel and the Palestinians. I only care about right and wrong. Asians have had no political power in the United States and have performed quite well.

There you go, twisting yourself into knots. Take is sexist and racist because a secondary or tertiary effect of a position he holds will make life worse for woman or Blacks? Yet, Scalise directly votes to hurt women/gays and he is not sexist or homophobic? Scalie wrote the marriage protection amendment. He voted against the VAWA. He voted against anti-gay hate crimes. He voted to end birthright citizenship and is very anti-amnesty.
    You used drug laws in the example of racism. Min wage laws are the same issue and same economic reasoning as drug laws. If I am holding Takei to his standard, when he passes away, people should say nasty things about him wanting to price black teens out of the labor force.

Your examples of bigotry are VAWA and being against hate crime legislation? Really??!!! What libertarian would ever support either one of those? Those are lay-up issues to oppose. I would judge somebody for supporting them. I don't support birthright citizenship. It creates horrible incentives. I do support anmesty with tons of qualifiers. But a person against amnesty isn't racist. There are very good reasons to oppose it.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 06-18-2017 at 11:04 AM.

That's because of the whole "consenting adults" thing. Let's not obfuscate.

Do you mean "indentured servants" or do you mean slaves?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I'm against goonerment licensed marriage of homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. The goonerment should have NO PLACE in marriage or family at all.
    This^^^

Nor should they question to whom or what I leave money to whom I empower with right of attorney.

That's because of the whole "consenting adults" thing. Let's not obfuscate.

Do you mean "indentured servants" or do you mean slaves?
    Lets not split hairs here with the whole "consenting adults" thing- My ancestor had to remove the MC from my last name because Irish people were thought of as people of lesser value.

Yeah,no shared common history at all.

Won't get an argument from me about that...when white people get pushed to that crazy stupid point, yeah, you pretty much need to leave the continent.

We all know, no other ethnic groups or cultures do that.

So why are the powers that be pushing us/them into that corner?
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-18-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Lets not split hairs here with the whole "consenting adults" thing- My ancestor had to remove the MC from my last name because Irish people were thought of as people of lesser value.
    Are you Duncan McKnikcers from the clan McKnikcers?

Neither one of those people would criticize Obama as homophobic if he were fighting for his life after an assassination attempt. Cenk or one of the degenerates on his show might/would say the same thing about a Republican. I wouldn't be surprised if they said something nasty about Scalise.
    Well, I don't have the counter-factual. I'm sure that both "sides" have politicized issues in the past.

Marriage is a religious institution not a right. You have the right to make contracts. Given that the situation is complicated with inheritance taxes and income taxes, I support gay marriage as a practical measure. It isn't a right.
    Scalise championed and vote for state support and recognition of straight marriage but not gay marriage. He denied equal protection under the law.

First thing that shows up on Google. Already infuriated. https://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/th...nt?oid=4757457
    What specifically in there makes you angry? What in there makes him worse than David Duke, who's called for Black genocide and repatriation?

The drug war is bad and has a racial outcome. Same is true for min laws, the gov't school monopoly, and incentiving single mothers with the welfare system.
    Except if you believe Ron Paul, the drug war had an intended racial outcome...Nixon's advisor said as much. Do you think Takei is intending sexist/racist outcomes with his proposals? Do you think Scalise somehow thinks that banning gay marriage (at the Federal level, no doubt) will somehow lead to more equality for gays?

Anyone who gives their kid a made up African sounding name is a bad parent. I would prejudge someone with a name like that.
    So names like Tyrone, Jamal, Bryan...all considered "black" names and resulted in lower callbacks. There have been studies where pictures were included and there were poorer callbacks for the Black applicants.

Think about the stupidity of your statement. Why would you think that a kid with silly name had a bad parent? Why would you think that mattered? Why wouldn't you look at actual achievement vs. your biases? Hell, what if the applicant is from Africa? Wouldn't the name make complete sense in that context.

I know that person came from idiot parents so they would have to overcome that and demonstrate that they are different. A person with a name like Jamelle or Ta'Nisi has the potential to be an endless problem.
    Can you explain the logic behind this? How can you be so certain of their parents' idiocy, and that it transferred on to the kid?

II only care about right and wrong.
    Yet you are quite willing to use nuance (see your defense of Scalise) to defend him.

Asians have had no political power in the United States and have performed quite well.
    That's true. That's because we immigrate the very best of the Asians (for the most part). They can overcome the biases against them. It doesn't hurt that they gravitate to states where the least biases will exist. For example, Asians had taken advantage of affirmative action for decades.

You used drug laws in the example of racism. Min wage laws are the same issue and same economic reasoning as drug laws. If I am holding Takei to his standard, when he passes away, people should say nasty things about him wanting to price black teens out of the labor force.
    Intent vs. actual effect. Plus, the evidence of the drug war causing disproportionate problems with the Black community are well documented. I haven't seen the same studies for minimum wage laws or school choice.

Your examples of bigotry are VAWA and being against hate crime legislation? Really??!!! What libertarian would ever support either one of those?
    Except Scalise isn't a libertarian; same with the vast majority of people who vote like him. The alt-righters on the internet, for example...do you think they are against the VAWA for principled reasons, or because they are genuinely sexist and want to return women to the kitchen?

I don't support birthright citizenship. It creates horrible incentives. I do support amnesty with tons of qualifiers. But a person against amnesty isn't racist. There are very good reasons to oppose it.
    You can defend those positions from a non-racist viewpoint, but also from a racist viewpoint. Donald Trump, for example, opposes birthright citizenship from a racist viewpoint. When you start twisting yourself up in knots, people make the sometimes unfair, and sometimes fair, assumption that you are just trying to hide your bigotry. For example, Scalise has called himself a strict constitutionalist and voted on issues based on that way, yet, he's against birthright citizenship despite the actual contents of the fourteenth amendment. People then look at his other views and think maybe there is something....

So having to change your name is equivalent to being slaves?

You can defend those positions from a non-racist viewpoint, but also from a racist viewpoint. Donald Trump, for example, opposes birthright citizenship from a racist viewpoint. When you start twisting yourself up in knots, people make the sometimes unfair, and sometimes fair, assumption that you are just trying to hide your bigotry. For example, Scalise has called himself a strict constitutionalist and voted on issues based on that way, yet, he's against birthright citizenship despite the actual contents of the fourteenth amendment. People then look at his other views and think maybe there is something....
    Which is precisely why I could not possibly care less anymore about being labeled bigot, racist, homophobe, xenophobe, sexist or any other hundreds of "-ists", "-phobes" or "-isms" flying around out there these days.

I could turn myself inside out otherwise, and still be labeled and dismissed as such.

I'm going to defend me and mine, and what I think is right, and devil take the hindmost.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's true. That's because we immigrate the very best of the Asians (for the most part). They can overcome the biases against them. It doesn't hurt that they gravitate to states where the least biases will exist. For example, Asians had taken advantage of affirmative action for decades.
    What manner of fascist thoughtcrime is this?

Are you suggesting that the hordes of other ethnic groups we are importing are NOT the very best and brightest of their respective groups?

Which is precisely why I could not possibly care less anymore about being labeled bigot, racist, homophobe, xenophobe, sexist or any other hundreds of "-ists", "-phobes" or "-isms" flying around out there these days.

I could turn myself inside out otherwise, and still be labeled and dismissed as such.

I'm going to defend me and mine, and what I think is right, and devil take the hindmost.
    Exactly. To hell with trying to make people that will always hate me for my color and gender, like me. Instead I shall fight them for every single scrap that I might have otherwise given them; because they sure aren't going to let any scraps go to me or mine if they are in charge.

Are you suggesting that the hordes of other ethnic groups we are importing are NOT the very best and brightest of their respective groups?
    And what SECRET method do we use to import "the very best of the Asians"? @Dr.No.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Course, this was, or looks like, an attack on the ruling class, which means they will hunker down behind even more security and take away more freedom from us.
    This is plausible, but it will be very interesting to see how this all shakes out with Trump at the helm. This issue may, in fact, serve as a proof-of-man if it becomes center-stage in a big way. If Congress goes all überphag on us, citing "muh safety" and all, as you suggest and Trump kowtows, then I would be strongly inclined to assess him the phony the "left" claims. If he takes them to the woodshed, I would be inclined to deem him far closer to genuine to his image/word, and benevolent toward our freedoms... at least far more so than any president we have had since maybe Coolidge.

The event was pretty terrible, but I see at least the potential for something very good to come of it.

Now, if Congress decides to pass legislation permitting them to keep and bear arms in DC, which IMO would be a right more, I am wondering whether the mood of the nation is such that there would be a lot of pressure to include all Americans in that deal, which would be more right.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    You can expect a new push for gun control after this...
    Perhaps, but the mood of both the nation and Congress is not likely to allow for it.

OTOH, that's never stopped Themme before, so...

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

This still doesn't change my mind this isn't enough to make me not hate cops who blindly follow orders and are cowards who don't go after bad cops out of fear of others turning against them. I am glad though that Rand Paul is alive and fighting for my liberty.

Without those cops, the event would have perhaps ended far worse than it did. This is not because they were noble and brave cops, but because they were the only guys with the ability to shoot back.

I am sure there is a lesson somewhere in all this. I am equally sure a very large proportion of the Congress will fail to learn or heed it.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    SNL skits should be a hoot this week.

showing repub members getting blown away will be a real laugh riot for peeps like Griffin and Colbert...
    SNL hasn't been a hoot since 1980.

Of course not. Asians in this country are almost entirely first-generation or second-generation immigrants. They imigrate via sponsership programs where they can find someone who will be willing to employ them in the USA. They tend to be overly educated compared to the average population of their home country; in fact, they tend to be over-educated with respect to the American population. They have the tools and ability to fight past any barriers that are put in place...on top of that, they tend to immigrate to places where those barriers will be the least.

Blacks and Hispanics don't have those advantages, and Blacks at least have stayed in areas (the South) where the highest barriers have been present.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast