Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWAT Team Flashbangs 82 y.o. Man , Leave Him Without Medical Assistance After Breaking His Hip

SWAT Team Flashbangs 82 y.o. Man , Leave Him Without Medical Assistance After Breaking His Hip

More flashbang fun and games -- from toddlers in cribs to an old man sitting in his yard ...

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/291...xcessive-force

Elderly Georgetown man files federal lawsuit accusing SWAT officers of using excessive force

Posted: May 21, 2015 8:23 PM CST

An elderly Georgetown man says SWAT officers took him to the ground and broke his hip.

His attorney has filed a lawsuit in federal court against the city and county.

The 82-year-old man lives about five blocks away from the sheriff's office in downtown Georgetown.

He says sheriff's deputies and Georgetown police came to his home in full swat gear in late September to serve a search warrant regarding his nephew who had been staying with him.

Video shot by someone driving by that day shows Herman Crisp sitting in a chair on his lawn with a friend. He says when the officers arrived; they threw a flash-bang device at his home, knocking him out of his chair.

He says officers slammed him to the ground and handcuffed him. He says the force broke his hip. He says officers searched his home and before they left, helped him back inside, but didn't call paramedics. His family members say they found him the next day on the floor in his own feces.

“After they left I tried to get up then because I had to go to the bathroom and I couldn't go so I just crawled over here and laid on the floor right down there and my sister came and called the paramedics and they came in here," Crisp explained.

"The thing that concerns me about this is it looks to me like a conspiracy of silence. Things like this don't happen in a vacuum. There's nothing that we've been able to get that identifies the officers, that identifies the action that occurred. We have our client's information but I had to hire a private investigator just to get enough faxed to determine whether I should file a lawsuit or not. And I'm convinced that the facts are adequate to file this lawsuit and we'll find out now that we have some way to get accurate information," said Crisp's attorney, Boadus Spivey.

snip

We reached out to both the city and county but neither had heard of the lawsuit perhaps because it was filed today so neither could comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.aarp.org/health/condition...-survival.html

Of the 300,000 Americans 65 or older who fracture a hip each year, 20 to 30 percent will die within 12 months, and "many more will experience significant functional loss," according to a 2009 study published in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). Indeed, a year after fracturing a hip, 90 percent of those who needed no assistance climbing stairs before the fracture will not be able to climb five stairs; 66 percent won't be able to get on or off a toilet without help; 50 percent won't be able to raise themselves from a chair; 31 percent won't be able to get out of bed unassisted; and 20 percent won't be able to put on a pair of pants by themselves.

But what makes a hip fracture so deadly — and so debilitating?
    And how can a seemingly healthy person experience such a dramatic decline from what is essentially a broken bone?

The answers have
    less to do with the break itself
    than with the response to the break,

not just in the hours immediately following but also in the weeks and months post-injury.

He says officers searched his home and before they left, helped him back inside, but didn't call paramedics.

His family members say they found him the next day on the floor in his own feces.
    Last edited by presence; 05-23-2015 at 08:55 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Protected and served.

So, I guess we can assume they didn't arrest him for nothing (perhaps 'resisting arrest', if only to excuse their own unnecessary and gratuitous violence?) because if they did, their departments would have been liable for his medical bills?

Government and corporations certainly have something in common. You can directly sue the employees of neither for their negligent or downright malicious actions. If we could change just that, it would be a massive victory for every American.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Protected and served the $#@! out of you.
    fixed

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Whatever happened to simply walking up to people and talking to them? Sheesh. Everything has to look like some kind of action-adventure movie. Grow up, people.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

"The thing that concerns me about this is it looks to me like a conspiracy of silence. Things like this don't happen in a vacuum. There's nothing that we've been able to get that identifies the officers, that identifies the action that occurred. We have our client's information but I had to hire a private investigator just to get enough faxed to determine whether I should file a lawsuit or not. And I'm convinced that the facts are adequate to file this lawsuit and we'll find out now that we have some way to get accurate information," said Crisp's attorney, Boadus Spivey.

lol get used to it

He did this to himself.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NOT INTENTIONALLY MALEVOLENT
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Just a few "bad apples".

Nah...

Upon further reflection, I'm convinced this is just a random incident.

Most cops just want to doze quietly in their cruisers and munch donuts.

80,000 SWAT raids a year is just a liberal fabrication and distortion of the facts, obviously concocted from thin air, by people with nothing but blind hatred for cops.

Yeah, that's it.

An elderly Georgetown man says SWAT officers took him to the ground and broke his hip
    There's that curious grammar again.

If it was a mundane that tossed a grenade at, and then slammed an 82 y/o man to the ground and broke his hip, for no reason, it would be a "brutal and horrifying assault".

//
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-23-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nah...

Upon further reflection, I'm convinced this is just a random incident.

Most cops just want to doze quietly in their cruisers and munch donuts.

80,000 SWAT raids a year is just a liberal fabrication and distortion of the facts, obviously concocted from thin air, by people with nothing but blind hatred for cops.

Yeah, that's it.
    And don't forget that if it weren't for cops, we'd have gangs of vicious thugs roaming around and doing things like beating up old people, breaking their hips, and leaving them to lie in their own $#@! ...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And don't forget that if it weren't for cops, we'd have gangs of vicious thugs roaming around and doing things like beating up old people, breaking their hips, and leaving them to lie in their own $#@! ...
    God bless those boys in blue.

//
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-23-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    snatch

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Whatever happened to simply walking up to people and talking to them? Sheesh. Everything has to look like some kind of action-adventure movie. Grow up, people.
    Serious answer?

It went out the door with the new training and circular force continuum.

The default position now with cops, especially with SWAT raiders, is that any person in the home or on the property is a "hostile" to be neutralized.

Not saying this toward you, of course, but my position as a nut or "cop hater" has nothing to do with this fact.

That's what the situation is right now, it is why people and pets and homes are being destroyed on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Serious answer?

It went out the door with the new training and circular force continuum.

The default position now with cops, especially with SWAT raiders, is that any person in the home or on the property is a "hostile" to be neutralized.

Not saying this toward you, of course, but my position as a nut or "cop hater" has nothing to do with this fact.

That's what the situation is right now, it is why people and pets and homes are being destroyed on a daily basis.

Hey, occupying armies gonna act like occupying armies. The fact that they won't hire anyone with too high an IQ helps enormously with that.

All according to plan.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

“[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, I guess we can assume they didn't arrest him for nothing (perhaps 'resisting arrest', if only to excuse their own unnecessary and gratuitous violence?) because if they did, their departments would have been liable for his medical bills?

Government and corporations certainly have something in common. You can directly sue the employees of neither for their negligent or downright malicious actions. If we could change just that, it would be a massive victory for every American.
    That would help immensely. I wouldn't stop at cops, every politician, every bureaucrat, every public employee should risk everything they have accumulated or ever will. But they will never expose themselves to such risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    That would help immensely. I wouldn't stop at cops, every politician, every bureaucrat, every public employee should risk everything they have accumulated or ever will. But they will never expose themselves to such risk.
    Asking them to expose themselves to risk is a foolish endeavor, it is up to you and I to hold them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Pretending to care about peoples rights again?

You could be a part of a Lawful and peaceful revolution IF you were a sincere enough American to stand for unity around a prime constitutional right, that free speech has a purpose.

You won't even explain why you won't agree that free speech has the purpose of altering or abolishing government destructive to unalienable rights. I mean what sacrifice could that be?
    Last edited by Christopher A. Brown; 05-25-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post

You could be a part of a Lawful and peaceful revolution IF you were a sincere enough American to stand for unity around a prime constitutional right, that free speech has a purpose.

You won't even explain why you won't agree that free speech has the purpose of altering or abolishing government destructive to unalienable rights. I mean what sacrifice could that be?
    Oh shaddup will you please.

There will be no revolution of any kind until such as enough people can be convinced that things are much worse than they appear or are being told.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Brown View Post

amazing amazing...you're the only person i know who never gets angry or mad...

Should have had Life-Alert so that 911 could have been called for assistance. Oh, wait....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    amazing amazing...you're the only person i know who never gets angry or mad...
    Understanding a situation helps a lot. I do get pissed now and then and express it. A little of that is good, I'm human and don't mind showing it.

The covert agents manipulating, whether they know what they are or not, like to get angry attitude controlled exchanges going, so I mostly avoid it.

Understanding creates patience, it gets rid of fears and anger, it's compelling to others who appreciate reason. I could hardly be an effective advocate for the PURPOSE of free speech if I did not know and react to its natural effect.

It's purpose is to create understanding between people. From that can come unity. Unity is the only thing that will protect our futures. Dispelling dysfunction and the other effects of unreason are important to demonstrate to reinforce the perceived value of understanding.

The covert infiltration works to create and environment of animus against government to limit the reasonable, eventually possible dialog between the people and officials of government. So I do not participate in any part of that.

I think it can be well demonstrated that there are some very quality people in all levels of government, except for the very upper levels possibly. We need the lower levels help to purge the corruption from the top, and they need our help to get rid of their corrupt peers.

What I'm doing is working towards getting a dialog going between Americans that addresses the absolutes in natural law and constitutional law regarding the purpose of free speech and the functions it serves in all realms of our existence. Creating an understanding and acceptance of that is the mother of all understandings in a social structure, and politically the great motivator to create a visible majority that can democratically assert the timeless principals of the republic and finally create the informed consent required to actually have the constitutional republic concieved by the framers but only partially, and sadly, temporarily manifested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast