Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: NJ to ban smoking on all beaches (edit: maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't forget the chemically sweetened tea or softdrink that goes with their processed parts and GMO fries..
    I stay away from as many GMOs as I can, don't drink soda, and stay the HELL away from artificial sweeteners
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I probably should take up smoking so I can concentrate better on reducing that stress, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Sure, and have a shot of whiskey with it.

When I sort of tapered off partying I found that that cutting loose every once in a awhile actually did me some good. I don't even like the smell of weed any more, but would snort up some pills just to hang loose. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    When I sort of tapered off partying I found that that cutting loose every once in a awhile actually did me some good. I don't even like the smell of weed any more, but would snort up some pills just to hang loose. LOL.
    Yup, you have to cut loose once in a while...so true.
    "The Patriarch"

uh what
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Don't forget the chemically sweetened tea or softdrink that goes with their processed parts and GMO fries..
    My mother's favorite food story to tell was when she had my school friend's mother and my friend over for dinner. The friend's mother had quite the ample build. When she licked all the bowls and plates clean--the coffee was served. The woman reached in her purse and pulled out her very own low cal sweetener.

Okay, guess you had to be there for the visual to appreciate the story. :/

uh what
    Party on, Wayne.

Seriously though, America is one uptight country. Ever see the joggers who continue to pump their legs when the traffic light is red? Then, they look at their wristwatch to see what time it is.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-14-2014 at 07:43 PM.

uh what
    Mankind as a species has always sought to alter his consciousness, there's no difference today unless one has been heavily influenced by the social programmers...

Yup, you have to cut loose once in a while...so true.

Hmmm; maybe I'll go streak on the beach with a cigarette dangling from my mouth.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mankind as a species has always sought to alter his consciousness, there's no difference today unless one has been heavily influenced by the social programmers...
    Altering one's consciousness in today's control freak world probably just means looking at something nostalgic.

Hmmm; maybe I'll go streak on the beach with a cigarette dangling from my mouth.
    Tube Please or it didn't happen.

I'm glad I don't know what you look like. The mind is capable of some very strange things, it's probably a visual I can do without.
    "The Patriarch"

Altering one's consciousness in today's control freak world probably just means looking at something nostalgic.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Tube Please or it didn't happen.
    I will need a volunteer to film it.

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Thas-whut I be talkin' about!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    you should, my wife got me to go the first time and I've never enjoyed the beach clothed nearly as much ever since. let it all hang out.
    I agree. There is a lot practicality with less clothing. My feet got in much better shape when I started wearing shoes a lot less. Your feet breathe, they smell better, your nails don't get screwed up, etc. Really, the same idea can be applied to undergarments and things.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am going to go take some selfles. I will post them in a few minutes.

Saying secondhand smoke complications don't exist is just plain ignorant. I bear no shame in caring about my health.

I don't care if someone drinks alcohol in public, takes ecstasy, does speed, acid, sniffs cocaine. Just don't make me part of your bad habit.
    And what of all the complications from the things you mentioned? That is what animates the drug warriors: the "secondhand" problems that always get trotted out as reasons to continue the drug war.

I heat my home with wood.

Secondhand wood smoke is now being targeted as a carcinogen.

Are you going to ban me heating with with wood?

Leaving aside any chemical additives, any combustion of plant matter releases the same chemicals.

Are you prepared to ban any burning of wood anywhere?

Because that's coming.

Along with full prohibition on tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I am going to go take some selfles. I will post them in a few minutes.
    Sefles?

Waffles?

Truffles?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Because that's coming.

Along with full prohibition on tobacco.
    This is either the 3rd or 4th generation that's been spoon fed the media hype regarding tobacco...

I expect you're right on their next move..

Seriously though, America is one uptight country.
    God, no kidding.

Either some $#@! looking to fight you around every corner because they think you "dissed" them, hovering helicopter parents eying every strange person as potential molester or whinging, pansy ass, manboys, running off to report everything to Big Sister.

$#@! sakes, if you shoved a lump of coal up AmeriKa's collective ass, it would $#@! out a diamond.

This is either the 3rd or 4th generation that's been spoon fed the media hype regarding tobacco...

I expect you're right on their next move..
    Bet money on it.

Look for full prohibition in one of the usual suspects, NYC, DC, Boston, Chicago, San Fran first.

I never said I had a problem with tobacco, it's with all the additives they add into cigarettes. I'm surprised with all the outcry over the years of media putting words into RP's mouth RPF members are doing the same exact thing here.

- Edward R. Murrow

I'm glad I don't know what you look like. The mind is capable of some very strange things, it's probably a visual I can do without.
    I hope I'm not too God awful because I'm actually on the thin side. "Thin" is what everybody says, at least. I probably resemble the build of most people on the old TV shows from 50 years ago. Those people seem normal to me, but are considered thin by today's standards. Oh well.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! this potential law. I will smoke on beaches anyway.

I hope I'm not too God awful because I'm actually on the thin side. "Thin" is what everybody says, at least. I probably resemble the build of most people on the old TV shows from 50 years ago. Those people seem normal to me, but are considered thin by today's standards. Oh well.
    Just messin' with you. I'm a skinny guy too but I'm one of the few mid fifties guys I know who can still get out on a stretch plank and be comfortable pushing tools.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bet money on it.

Look for full prohibition in one of the usual suspects, NYC, DC, Boston, Chicago, San Fran first.
    Too late.

Citizens of San Francisco won't get to enjoy a cheery fire Christmas Day after Bay Area officials extended a burning ban originally issued Christmas Eve.

The Bay Area Air Quality Management District announced late Tuesday that Wednesday would be a "Winter Spare the Air" day, meaning the residents are forbidden to burn wood, manufactured fire logs or any other solid fuel indoors or outside.

According to KTVU, air quality officials said pollution was expected to hit unhealthy levels amid a high-pressure system. The Bay Area has not seen any rain recently, and the forecast for the middle of this week calls for dry, mild weather and light winds. Children, the elderly, and people with respiratory conditions are particularly vulnerable to health issues under those conditions, officials say.

"We want everyone to enjoy their holiday this week, but unfortunately, weather conditions are causing unhealthy, muddy air again," said Jack Broadbent, executive officer of the air quality district, according to KTVU.

He said it is "imperative" that people follow the rules.

It might seem unusual in some parts of the country, but for Bay Area residents, it is illegal to burn wood during these alerts -- which last 24 hours at a time. The only exemption is homes where fireplaces or stoves are the only heat source.

According to KTVU, those who violate the burning ban the first time must either pay a $100 ticket, or take a "wood smoke awareness class." Subsequent violations would result in fines of $500 or more.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...christmas-eve/
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

[QUOTE=mad cow;5565749]Too late.

We get burn bans here too, doesn't matter what time of year. Meh, I don't have a real problem with it. No rain and the $#@! builds up pretty thick, and if it's your only heat source you can still use it.

I don't agree with the fines, and you know they aren't passing out any warnings with that much money involved.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 06-14-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Pretty sure you can't smoke on the sidewalk or a park in Orange County, NC. Yep, this is North Carolina. You know, "Tobacco Road."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast