Thread: About That Mitch McConnell/Ron Paul Lovefest

About That Mitch McConnell/Ron Paul Lovefest

Anyone surprised by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's appearance in a video lauding Rep. Ron Paul? It's hard to imagine an odder couple than the decidedly establishment McConnell and Paul, who once ran for president on the Libertarian Party's ticket.

In an interview Thursday, McConnell explained his appearance, and his working relationship with Sen. Rand Paul, the congressman's son and McConnell's Kentucky seatmate.

"If you think about it, I work with Rand virtually every day. I've gotten to know him well. We were deeply involved in his fall campaign in 2010. We have a good working relationship, and on issues where we agree -- and there are quite a few where we do -- we do stuff together," McConnell said.
    More at link:
    http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal...-that-mitc.php

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mitch McConnell was totally out of place in the video. It was just the GOP Establishment trying to interject themselves in order to try to show that they're somehow with us.

Mitch did everything in his power to defeat Rand in the Kentucky election... god damn vipers, all of them.

Someone in another post wrote "That video was like being raped then listening to the rapist thank you for your time."
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Mitch did everything in his power to defeat Rand in the Kentucky election... god damn vipers, all of them.

Someone in another post wrote "That video was like being raped then listening to the rapist thank you for your time."
    He did in the primary, but he was helpful in the general. Of course, he's still a viper, but just wanted to set the record straight.

jesse benton also helped Rand win that fall as a team player

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    They had Rand, Amash, Lee, DeMint, Duncan, Jones, and.....old Mitch. lol

Which one does not belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.