Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearing on Federal Reserve starting now on CSPAN

Treasury bills != $

Why does he refer to bonds if the quesiton was about the value of the dollar without the FED?

A gold backed dollar has nothing to do with treasuries.
    Last edited by Danan; 05-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Love it, Ron is signing books now and taking photos with people like a rockstar.
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfox View Post
    Love it, Ron is signing books now and taking photos with people like a rockstar.
    Klein got a picture!
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by smithtg View Post
    this alice rivilin - what a bunch of BS - "curtailing spending/borrowing now would inhibit the recovery" WHATEVER!
    It looked like Alice Rivilin sought out Dr. Paul to shake his hand and talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bb23 View Post
    How did it go?
    Two of the five experts said they would end the FED and that it has overall no positive impact on the economy.

So I'd say quite good.

What is with these false time constraints on these hearing by the way? It drives me crazy! It seems every Congressmen runs out of time and never gets to ask all their questions, or they get ask it, but then the witness has 10 seconds to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Danan View Post
    Two of the five experts said they would end the FED and that it has overall no positive impact on the economy.

So I'd say quite good.
    Awesome

So I'd say quite good.
    Prof. Taylor, who said he wouldn't end it, was pretty critical of them though. He was a good witness.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TUUUBBBBZZZZ!
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

So I'd say quite good.
    Which tells me that three out of five experts are either indoctrinated blind, stupid, or outright thieves. The Federal Reserve System is simply a counterfeiting ring of thieves. They are the reason for the business cycle, perpetual wars, $108 million drones to kill a "terrorist", six figure retirement income for privileged people while the mundane must just get by, homelessness, poverty, and despair. The Fed is the reason that people must pay for 6 years to own a car, 10 years to be educated, and 30 years to own a home. My grandson is not yet one year old and owes them a debt of $40k+. What is up with that? He didn't ask to be born into debt.

End the Fed this afternoon. If not this afternoon, then End them by tomorrow morning... at least by this coming Friday. Throw them in jail if they resist.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Here it is archive on CSpan

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/ReserveRef
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    And here is a tweet to retweet https://twitter.com/#!/TheLoneCoyote...07720323805184
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

thanks!
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

Quote Originally Posted by smithtg View Post
    ron giving the dems alot of air time
    Rope to hang themselves?

The following several post of mine are comments that came to mind as I watched the two video's in ClydeCoulter's post. I sort of rambled as things happened.

Here it is archive on CSpan

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/ReserveRef

Mr. Gray asked a question, "What can we do to put people back to work?"

A stable dollar worth working for would go a long way. Another would be to take the power of some to fire up the fiat money presses when ever they want to dictate their way. We don't profit by that much in scratching out a living. They are spending into our profits to the extent even very sound business models can't keep up. The way the economy is in a why bother working for a dollar someone else already spent.

It is imposable for the little guy to save in any form that was available forty years ago. The stock market only rises as a reflection of the devaluation of the dollar. Same with buying commodities such as gold, silver or any of the others. You may keep pace with inflation. Even though you barely keep pace that is all stripped away with capital gains taxes on false profits.

Banking is dead from both directions. They don't pay any interest to the depositor. Last time I looked it was .02 APR.

If you want to start a bank you can't compete with the counterfeiters who print it up an no risk to their capital. If the make a profit they hand out their bonuses. If they take a loss they pass it onto the taxpayers.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money. He said doing away with the capital gains taxes on things like gold a silver would be good start. (That would eliminate capital gains taxes on false profits and would once again give people a place to stay level with anything they wanted to pull inflation wise.) Another was allowing competition with using other currency's.

I may have gotten it wrong. I remember the video I saw it in. If you watch watch for the part where he says, " That way anyone that wanted to keep using the central bank notes could." It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.

Ron Paul leaves us all standing there looking down at our exposed fiats. Leads in at about 9:30. He welcomes everyone to go ahead and hang onto it at about 11:01

I think Rick Santelli liked having an ally on the show.

I think when someone drags the topic of the economy into a discussion about political parties he is leading you into the woods to show you a single tree. Stay back where you can see the entire forest. Don't cloud the issue.

Miss Maloney is talking about the economy like there is one. There is theirs and there is ours.

Sure the economist and their economy did well for themselves.

Us...not so much..

in fact we have been taken out and beaten senseless.

And what about the double standard. I make something and sell it for a buck, I'm required to pay capital gains taxes.

The government creates bonds out of thin air for the notes the central banks create out of thin air and they don't pay their taxes on it.

I heard a long time ago the IRS payed informants a 10% reward on the taxes they collect from the information. It would be up there.

As long as the central banks can create money for anyone they want you can't set a cap on the inflation rate.

Let me explain. The government uses the central bank like we do our credit cards. If it was our central bank we could keep the inflation rate at zero by not borrowing any money.

If we borrow to the extent we double the money supply we devalue all of the dollars by fifty percent. Everything has to inflate by double to account for it.

Doubling sounds like a lot? Look what we've done to ourselves.

In a world with sayings like, "He who has the gold makes the rules", we should have been more careful. We have given people that probably should have had no say with a dollar about 26 of them to every honest mans 1 real dollar. Is it any wonder we are in the shape we're in? Is it any wonder you can't do squat without some know-it-all that doesn't know anything always telling you how to do every aspect of your life?

I mean listen to these people in this one hearing they have come up with a way to take the sound out of the word "sound".

Barny Frank wants to keep using what we have left of our assets and what little we have in the way of lives as collateral for their grand new world order of things.

On to the second part.

The first guy Jeffrey Herbener kind of worried me but covered himself in the end.?

Second guy, Peter Klein seems solid.

He mentioned no one knows the "optimal supply of money". I would think that the optimal supply of money would be an amount in the system that kept the dollar stable and worth a dollar.

If you had a situation that a bunch of property was destroyed like in a war the supply would have to contract to match the stuff left. If you turned a ton of raw steel into a ton of sewing needles, I would think it would have to expand. I don't think you would have to account for every item. I think the markets could do that. The supply would be dictated by the markets and the trade value fluctuation of the dollar itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobSzumniak View Post
    Aww Ron looks so boss sitting up there with his glasses on!
    He looks even more like Magneto.

John Taylor is up and talking about the freedom of the central bank. Sure they should have their freedom but so should we from them.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All they have to do to stabilize the price of gasoline is quit printing money. When the double the supply the value of a dollar is cut in half and it takes twice as many.

The silver coins we used in the sixties will still buy a gallon of gas at sixties prices. It is part of a stable forgotten economy. The last time I filled up was at 4.25 or so. It came out 20 cents on the Silver and Gold is money calculator.

http://www.silverandgoldaremoney.com/

The coins will still buy a dollars worth of bread. They will still buy a dollars worth of all of the other commodities. I'd even venture services like labor at sixties prices. The only thing that will not is the monopoly dollar we have been stiffed with.

mo·nop·o·ly
       [muh-nop-uh-lee] Show IPA
    noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
    1.exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
    2.an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
    3.the exclusive possession or control of something.
    4.something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
    5.a company or group that has such control.

Bubbles bubbles bubbles.

Anyone consider the bond bubble.

And two percent inflation? When has that ever happened.

I'm not good with percentages like a bank might figure so I ran both these charts through a bank website that figures increase. They both came up 400%. I could of messed it up I guess. Still have they ever told you that stocks went up today because the value of the dollar decreased?

If you not seeing the match, knock off a couple of zero's on the DOW chart.

That Dr. Klein guy is alright.

Getting back to normal could be as easy as looking and seeing a stable economy has been cruising along fine and dandy, like I made a point of in the post with the 20 cent gas picture. Hidden in real things like real commodities. It has been right there all along waiting for us to regain our senses.

That was a great meeting. All and all everyone brought out the reality of where we are today. If I got Ron Paul right in the beginning this is just the beginning and will continue for a month with questions and answer between the group.

We could get somewhere.

We could regain the control of our government, our borders, and our military. God willing.

Rep. William Lacy Clay (D) is driving me up the wall. "At 8.1% unemployment, the economy's okay"/paraphrased. What nation is he in? Doesn't he realize this does not include all of the retirees, recently graduated college students, and homemakers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast