Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSM: "Ron Paul to supporters: Donate now or campaign can't go on"

Exclamation MSM: "Ron Paul to supporters: Donate now or campaign can't go on"

The Hill - Ballot Box (The Hill's Campaign Blog)
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ign-cant-go-on
    Ron Paul to supporters: Donate now or campaign can't go on
    By Josh Lederman - 04/11/12 06:26 PM ET

A fundraising solicitation sent by Ron Paul on Wednesday painted a frank picture of the future of his campaign: Donate now, or he may have to call it quits.
    Paul has retreated from the public spotlight in recent weeks as Mitt Romney's hold over the Republican presidential nomination has grown tighter and tighter. He has scaled back his campaign-trail appearances and television interviews.

Yet unlike Rick Santorum, who dropped out of the race on Tuesday, Paul has given few previous indications that he may bow out.
    "I won't mince words," Paul said in an email to supporters Wednesday evening. "If we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on."

Paul said the goal of the money bomb is to reach $2.5 million by tax day on April 15, as part of his push for "taxpayer freedom." He said that although political elites have declared the race over, he had little intention of acquiescing and hoped to fight on.

"In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince," he wrote. "Well, I want to give them a little surprise. Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!"

Newt Gingrich, the other remaining Republican in the primary race, also emailed supporters announcing a goal of 12,000 donations by midnight on Wednesday. That email came amid reports that Gingrich's campaign debt is mounting and that a check his campaign wrote to the State of Utah for a ballot filing fee had bounced.

But Gingrich gave no indications in his email that his continued presence in the race depended on a fast infusion of cash.

"I am committed to being the voice for our shared conservative values all the way to the Convention in Tampa," Gingrich said.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ign-cant-go-on
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did anyone get this email? I didn't...
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

nvm
    Last edited by InTradePro; 04-11-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I got the email about an hour ago. Thousands of members on this forum alone, yet only 360 have pledged?!

InToWin2012.com
    Last edited by justatrey; 04-11-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Did anyone get this email? I didn't...
    I got this at 6:04pm EST tonight (a little over an hour ago):

Dear Jack,

With Rick Santorum suspending his campaign for President yesterday, the mainstream media and the political elites have declared the race for the Republican nomination over and done.

Oh sure, more than half of the country has yet to vote.

And never mind that the presumptive nominee is not even halfway to the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

I am not ready to fall in line with their plans. I am not going to allow them to write the story.

This story will be written by you and me over the next few months, just as it has been over the past few years.

In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince. Well, I want to give them a little surprise.

Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!

And what's the best way to do that? To have a HUGE Money Bomb this coming weekend.

Our goal is to raise at least $2.5 million on April 15.

That will show them we are still spoiling for a fight!

You see, we are in hand-to-hand combat across the country right now with the GOP establishment as we fight for every single delegate.

And with primaries left in California and my home state of Texas, our campaign has a lot in store for the establishment over the next few weeks.

But it starts right here, with our Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb this coming weekend.

If you believe I should stand and fight when others retreat...

If you believe our message, issues, and movement should go all the way to Tampa...

If you want our campaign to get the maximum number of delegates...

Well, then, it is vital you stand with me right now. You can pledge your contribution to the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb by clicking HERE.

I won't mince words - if we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on.

We cannot do this halfway. It's too important.

So please, pledge your contribution today. Pledge to fight with me over the coming weeks and months.

Promote the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb on Facebook and Twitter. Email and call every friend of Liberty you know.

I am counting on your support for our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb. This is no time for suspending campaigns or concession calls. This is the time for Patriots like you to continue our fight.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. With so many state conventions upcoming - where the real delegates will be selected - you and I must double down in our efforts to fight for Liberty.

I am ready and willing to fight to Tampa if you will stand beside me. You can show your support today by pledging to give to our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

"If we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on."
    I understand creating urgency but two things; this was not written by Ron Paul and it's bull$#@!. Seems we just had a moneybomb and it was alright. I'm hoping for more but this one will be alright too. The campaign doesn't end without 2.5 million, the ad buys are reduced.
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Here is the actual text of the fundraising email:

Dear Francisco,

With Rick Santorum suspending his campaign for President yesterday, the mainstream media and the political elites have declared the race for the Republican nomination over and done.

Oh sure, more than half of the country has yet to vote.

And never mind that the presumptive nominee is not even halfway to the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

I am not ready to fall in line with their plans. I am not going to allow them to write the story.

This story will be written by you and me over the next few months, just as it has been over the past few years.

In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince. Well, I want to give them a little surprise.

Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!

And what's the best way to do that? To have a HUGE Money Bomb this coming weekend.

Our goal is to raise at least $2.5 million on April 15.

That will show them we are still spoiling for a fight!

You see, we are in hand-to-hand combat across the country right now with the GOP establishment as we fight for every single delegate.

And with primaries left in California and my home state of Texas, our campaign has a lot in store for the establishment over the next few weeks.

But it starts right here, with our Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb this coming weekend.

If you believe I should stand and fight when others retreat...

If you believe our message, issues, and movement should go all the way to Tampa...

If you want our campaign to get the maximum number of delegates...

Well, then, it is vital you stand with me right now. You can pledge your contribution to the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb by clicking HERE.

I won't mince words - if we don't reach our $2.5 million goal, I am not sure our campaign can go on.

We cannot do this halfway. It's too important.

So please, pledge your contribution today. Pledge to fight with me over the coming weeks and months.

Promote the Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb on Facebook and Twitter. Email and call every friend of Liberty you know.

I am counting on your support for our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb. This is no time for suspending campaigns or concession calls. This is the time for Patriots like you to continue our fight.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. With so many state conventions upcoming - where the real delegates will be selected - you and I must double down in our efforts to fight for Liberty.

I am ready and willing to fight to Tampa if you will stand beside me. You can show your support today by pledging to give to our April 15 Taxpayer Freedom Money Bomb.

Just click HERE to pledge.

And I pledged even though I haven't pledged since teaparty and still have donated.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anewvoice View Post
    I understand creating urgency but two things; this was not written by Ron Paul and it's bull$#@!. Seems we just had a moneybomb and it was alright. I'm hoping for more but this one will be alright too. The campaign doesn't end without 2.5 million, the ad buys are reduced.
    LOL yea I can also tell this wasn't written by Dr. Paul, the p.s. thing is obviously the same approach (kind of like a TLDR note) that was used in one of the last Tate emails hahaha. Anyway it doesn't make the message any less important, they need money to go on and they need people to spread the word about the money bomb coming up, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by justatrey View Post
    I got the email about an hour ago. Thousands of members on this forum alone, yet only 360 have pledged?!

InToWin2012.com

I have to write a check to the IRS for $800. Why did they schedule a money bomb for April 15th? Makes it a bit difficult for some of us who are trying to scrape enough together to pay our taxes. THAT could be part of the reason not as many have pledged.

not everyone pledges and those on this forum regularly are less likely to need an email reminder.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I hate to be negative nancy, but I honestly wished the official campaign would just direct traffic to InToWin2012.com lol, we have a way better approach of doing viral marketing as opposed to the official site. Or have their web team do it right so we can be put out of business.
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.

The e-mails that are written with a lot of sentences starting with "You see," are definitely not written by Ron Paul. They are ghost written, probably by John Tate, and frankly they get irritating, especially when they constantly ask for more, more, more.

It's almost like threats or begging.

I donate whenever I can afford to. I have committed countless hours volunteering in multiple states. I think the emails could be a little more thankful. Ron Paul has the best grassroots anyone could hope for, and we would literally donate blood and spare organs to the campaign. Sometimes I feel like I've done just that.

I'm just sucked dry. I'll be donating something small for this moneybomb. People in better financial shape have already maxed out long ago. We've been giving all we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    not everyone pledges and those on this forum regularly are less likely to need an email reminder.
    Nice try as delusional spin...but there were MORE pledges that that for hte last money bomb...the one that failed miserably. And the same "forum members that didn't need a reminder" didn't need a reminder then.

Quote Originally Posted by IYM View Post
    So...now that you know it is not spin, do you have the integrity to admit you were wrong?

Naaahhh. Didn't think so. You have no integrity.
    Your value add is inspiring.

--Thomas Jefferson

Nice try as delusional spin...but there were MORE pledges that that for hte last money bomb...the one that failed miserably. And the same "forum members that didn't need a reminder" didn't need a reminder then.
    Ah, there it is, insults. Troll is a troll.

--Thomas Jefferson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huh? There wasn't even a pledge site in March that counted pledges. And why do you only have 4 posts?

Wow..talk about desperation. I guess that means the campaign is over next week since there is NO CHANCE the money-whipper-snapper gets even a THIRD of that. Well..of course he will leave it up on the page for 10 days if he has to..but there will still not be anywhere near even $1.5 million.

Ron Paul just told everyone he can't go on.
    FUD you, troll

Why exactly are you here?

amazing knowledge for a new poster, since I don't track where pledges were four days before the event, myself.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I have to write a check to the IRS for $800. Why did they schedule a money bomb for April 15th? Makes it a bit difficult for some of us who are trying to scrape enough together to pay our taxes. THAT could be part of the reason not as many have pledged.
    Because we had our own marketing genius on here for a few days who was very adamant about putting this on tax day and having a tax themed money bomb, which, in all honesty, wasn't too bad of an idea.

Funny thing is, ever since his idea got shot down, I haven't seen him on the forums, nor have I seen him promoting the current money bomb.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Because we had our own marketing genius on here for a few days who was very adamant about putting this on tax day and having a tax themed money bomb, which, in all honesty, wasn't too bad of an idea.

Funny thing is, ever since his idea got shot down, I haven't seen him on the forums, nor have I seen him promoting the current money bomb.
    joshnorris14

Many people on forums like to b.s. and brainstorm. Less people like to roll up their sleeves and do actual work. I'll do my usual tirade on Monday, this discussion can wait till then.
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Ads and public media events are going to have to do it now that there seem to be no more debates. We need something to catch attention, not necessarily a gimmic like the blimp (love the blimp) but something. Can people write articles about events they've been to and get some nice high res photos from Gage or something to submit to papers? They could be written carefully to avoid any bias or leaning towards Ron Paul: just the facts and some good crowd shots. Have some quotes from crowd control about how responsible everyone is. Mention Philly.
    In fact, Philadelphia would be a perfect place to get some media attention if there is the right kind of pre-event publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    joshnorris14

Many people on forums like to b.s. and brainstorm. Less people like to roll up their sleeves and do actual work. I'll do my usual tirade on Monday, this discussion can wait till then.
    Sounds right.

I didn't want to name names, but, there's no avoiding that. I was completely against the "Support Them Now" money bomb, but, guess what? I promoted it as much as I did the others!

Now, how are we doing with this current money bomb? Everything going smoothly thus far? I've been promoting it on Twitter and am making my pledge right now to donate Sunday/Monday night.

Oh, and "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to orenbus again."

but look, they're like, Ron Paul hasn't been in the spot light, he has but they're not there to shine the light so they ignore it! Yeah he needs money, but he won't quit if he doesn't get it. We'll give him the money anyway because that's what we do.

Thanks for this, I'll be writing about it tonight now.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Yeah I know, but pledges are really important imo for building excitement. If everyone who goes to the site sees that only a few are pledging, they'll get the impression that the money bomb is going to be small and will be less inclined to donate. If people see it taking off, I think they're more likely to want to join the fun and donate.

What's the big deal about getting an email or two anyway?
    www.intowin2012.com
    Last edited by justatrey; 04-11-2012 at 07:22 PM.

OP article is misleading. Ron hasn't retreated from the spotlight. That's BS - tell that to the 10s of thousands of people in Cali who attended his appearances in the last couple of weeks.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    OP article is misleading. Ron hasn't retreated from the spotlight. That's BS - tell that to the 10s of thousands of people in Cali who attended his appearances in the last couple of weeks.
    I posted a comment to that effect....

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Now, how are we doing with this current money bomb?
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Planning on sending another email to 13k+ users later tonight or tomorrow morning from InToWin2012.com

Going to cover the following:
    1. Contest extended to April 15th (multiple entries allowed)
    2. List of Current Entries (Videos and Avatars), recommend everyone use them to promote the money bomb (tell friends to do the same)
    3. Prizes Information
    4. Voting on Contest submissions to take place on April 15th (make sure friends go to site to log in to vote for their entry?)

What other important information regarding the Money Bomb or related MB activities do you guys recommend be included in this email?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.
    There's just not enough steam to it, and I'm not saying that against the theme or you, or anyone else, I simply think many people have lost interest or faith this far into it.

Oh, well. Let's keep promoting the snot out of this!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast