Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: LibertyRide - A Grassroots Journ3y

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Very well done.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you are an invaluable asset to the Freedom Movement!

Congratulations Michael!!!

Edit:

7/27/2009
    Receipt ID 6240348e78d89eb1
    Paid By: cowlesy
    For: LibertyRider - Onward
    Method: PayPal
    Total: $100.00

Beer and a steak donation for a job well done!
    Last edited by Cowlesy; 07-27-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    bump for the best thread in Liberty Forest
    +1

I love this thread. Great job, Michael!!!!
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Michael must have quite a sun tan congrats on finishing the trip!!

Congratulaions! What an amazing feat.

Amazing bro.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congrats and THANK YOU for all you have done!

Enjoy!
    Follow Liberty Maven on Twitter

Liberty Maven: A Google News Source, if you'd like to become a contributing author PM me for details.
    Ammo for Sale: Find IN STOCK Ammunition with the ammo search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Michael must have quite a sun tan congrats on finishing the trip!!
    He burned several of us to a crisp trying to tag along for a while. Yes, he has a hell of a tan! But mine's much better now, too.

Freedom to fascism. I'll bet Alcatraz ensured that the memory of the Statue of Liberty never looked better.

Well done, Michael. It's important that these sheriffs understand who their friends are, even if we have funny ways of showing it from time to time--both with law enforcement and with the troops overseas. I hope we can all live up to the example of dedication you have set for us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

“I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Well I guess I've just completed my last post on Liberty Rider for FreedomsPhoenix. And I'll tell ya, blogging your journey cross country was exhausting

Congrads Mike, that was one hell of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post

No celebration for finishing update I was hoping for one last one with a pic of you on Alcatraz Island

congrats!!
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

bump - just read the entire thread.

Incredibly awesome. May the messages of this trip reverberate across this land for a long time to come!

Mahoney baloney Luau, RonPaulHawaii!!!!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by disorderlyvision View Post
    No celebration for finishing update I was hoping for one last one with a pic of you on Alcatraz Island
    It ain't easy to digest... takes a bit of getting used to... not having any mileage in front of me... The stress relief (...will I make it?) is enormous... I just walked around the city all day yesterday, in a daze... In the end, the transition is anti-climatic. The value is in the journey...

Got back on the bike today, to visit the last sheriff's office of the trip. Was at city hall. The American flag was heisted from my rig... Everything else was fine...

Still digesting, will try to start writing tonight...

Thanks, everyone
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

presented without comment

"Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Awesome Job Michael, I look forward to whatever you're writing
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

bump for mostest 2009 awesomeness
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

michael thanks, as i told clay it goes for you to. you just won free room and board in the lovely colorado mtns in the garden of eden! just let me know when you want to comeout for a vacation
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

[h2]Journeys, and Destinations[/h2]
    July 29th, 2009

I have no idea where I am going to go with this post and look forward to seeing it as much as anyone…

First things first.

My thanks to Divine Providence, and for the many prayers of my family and friends. What got me safely across this country had very little to do with me, and everything to do with the above. I just kept pedaling, faithfully believing our cause as the correct moral path.

The satisfaction I feel is one I hope we all share. All of you, truly, have been with me the whole time. You shared my aches and frustrations, making them easier to bear. You made sure I was fed, sheltered, and hydrated, keeping me strong. You bought the materials I delivered, fulfilling my purpose. You all share in the experienced knowledge that daunting tasks can be accomplished, by teamwork, (coupled with dogged determination). My contribution was merely forcing the issue. I was coming, ready or not. - haha

So, what did I do? Did I pedal a bike from the Statue of Liberty to Alcatraz? Or did I water a withered tree? I set out to do the latter. The symbolism of the ride was just a means…

Jefferson once stated that the natural fertilizer of the tree of liberty is the blood of patriots and tyrants. Working towards a peaceful r3VOLution means I must fertilize that tree with my own blood, sweat, and tears. My greatest satisfaction is in you all who chose to join in, contributing your own precious lifeblood. Our mingled drops, freely and purposely given, make a very powerful mix.

So again I say, Mahalo Nui Loa! To God, Family, Country. Thank you for a safe passage.

A vast and beautiful country. From sea to shining sea. And I don’t mean the landscape, a country is only geographical in a narrow sense. What makes a country great is the people. In America that is you, and the countless folk I encountered on the way. We, The People. Kind, generous, fun-loving is the norm, not the exception. A polite word and an easy smile work wonders. It is harder to detect and bring out in the cities, but still there. I’ve had my best luck handing out fliers in cities with variations of the cry, “Propaganda, get yer propaganda here!” - lulz… Most everyone appreciates honesty, couple it with humor and you’ll be feeding their minds out of your hand… In the country I hardly needed to do much at all. People are naturally curious and being in a morally correct position gives us a genuineness that people crave. That is our strength

Every mind we touched has had a seed planted and at the end of the day, politics is a numbers game. What we have done on this ride is increase the odds in our favor. The numbers of people who want to be tyrants is minuscule. Most people just to be left alone. They don’t want to have to think much about geo-political issues. They just want to raise their children in the best possible environment. Many are too trusting, but very few are stupid. Many may seem drowsy, but very few are comatose. Some may be deluded, but none are hopelessly so. Miracles do happen.

I deeply planted some seeds in the mind of a Marxist in Upper Haight (Ashbury) yesterday. I said nothing when he first proclaimed that Obama was not going far enough and we needed full blown communism. I waited. We talked, and I railed on the kleptocracy masquerading as a duopoly. I railed on the globalist bankers and the corporations that fund both sides. Positions he had to agree with. Then I hit him with history. The fact that history is full of utopias gone horribly wrong, and was he willing to take the chance… I then talked of freedom. How it is the natural state of man, and how history shows it to be our most peaceful and prosperous state.

History vindicates our position. Simple as that.

So much of our position is simple common sense. That is why it is so important to get out and get the information to people. Help them educate themselves. As things get worse, more and more are rousting themselves and looking for answers. We need to have our answers available, everywhere. Now is the time. We have to be ready to engage the most unlikely prospects with respect and courage. We have to understand that even most of our “enemies” are ignorant of the role they are playing in their own downfall, and with the courage of conviction, stand our ground with polite respect. I took my leave from the Marxist after winning some crucial points. Know when to walk away and let the seeds sprout on their own… Have faith. It’s a numbers game…

Speaking of numbers, I’ve been seeding the bay area pretty good. Pitched a boatload of people on the ferry, literally.

Even got some spontaneous donations. That always gives me a boost, concrete evidence that I am earning my keep.

Surprisingly, according to the original google doc spreadsheet, I entered San Francisco precisely on schedule. hahahahhahhhahhhahhhahhhaha, (sorry…. chuckle…). and knew I wasn’t in Kansas anymore…

In fact, I was so on schedule that I had no time to dilly dally and pedaled off to meet my good friend Anthony Gregory,

and his sweetheart Nicole, who promptly swept me off my bike for a celebratory libation, while waiting for another old friend, Kris Shane, to come up from the airport. We wandered around a bit before going to Scomas for linner. It was the nicest place on the wharf, right there among the fishing boats. I was still dressed in road clothes…

but the staff never blinked and it was a great meal.

Afterwards, Anthony and Nicole had to go, so Kris and I were left to our own devices. Kris actually had to get back before long, so we decided to walk to the top of Telegraph Hill and check out the Coit Tower, which is a memorial to firefighters.The fog was rolling in so few Kodak Moments. We kept wandering. Found ourselves under a pyramid with a glowing top - haha

We parted at a BART stop, and I wandered on The Embarcadero up the Barbary Coast

and mused on what to say about a journey from

to

For certain I’ve pondered the walls of my destination and expect to convey some of my thoughts. Regardless, the greater journey remains far from over…

Continuing on, I board a train on the 31st for LA, where I will meet up with Sheriff Mack at a rally on 8/2. There I intend to discuss the effort to get his book to every sheriff in the nation and where we can help. The website will be changing around and I hope to post a section here where we can track progress. (I know that Oklahoma is keen, and ripe…) At the rally I will be meeting with them ubiquitous Phoenix r3V folk, who will be giving me a lift to my new home in Santa Fe, NM, where I will be part of the KokeshForCongress team and continuing the r3VOLution - Be a Part of It!!!

And as far as actual riding,… the next major ride is on the boards. As always, I’ll need help. Stay tuned…

heh...
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 07-29-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

haha love it. i want big sugary buds gotta love that banner mmmmm sugar now back to reading your post

awesome that your going to go help Adam Kokesh i hope my wife recovers soon enough so i can come to sante fe nm and bug/help you guys will make sure i bring my whole dj system so you guys can throw some type of fundraiser while i am there!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    [h2]Journeys, and Destinations[/h2]
    July 29th, 2009

I have no idea where I am going to go with this post and look forward to seeing it as much as anyone…

First things first.

My thanks to Divine Providence, and for the many prayers of my family and friends. What got me safely across this country had very little to do with me, and everything to do with the above. I just kept pedaling, faithfully believing our cause as the correct moral path.

The satisfaction I feel is one I hope we all share. All of you, truly, have been with me the whole time. You shared my aches and frustrations, making them easier to bear. You made sure I was fed, sheltered, and hydrated, keeping me strong. You bought the materials I delivered, fulfilling my purpose. You all share in the experienced knowledge that daunting tasks can be accomplished, by teamwork, (coupled with dogged determination). My contribution was merely forcing the issue. I was coming, ready or not. - haha

So, what did I do? Did I pedal a bike from the Statue of Liberty to Alcatraz? Or did I water a withered tree? I set out to do the latter. The symbolism of the ride was just a means…

Jefferson once stated that the natural fertilizer of the tree of liberty is the blood of patriots and tyrants. Working towards a peaceful r3VOLution means I must fertilize that tree with my own blood, sweat, and tears. My greatest satisfaction is in you all who chose to join in, contributing your own precious lifeblood. Our mingled drops, freely and purposely given, make a very powerful mix.

So again I say, Mahalo Nui Loa! To God, Family, Country. Thank you for a safe passage.

A vast and beautiful country. From sea to shining sea. And I don’t mean the landscape, a country is only geographical in a narrow sense. What makes a country great is the people. In America that is you, and the countless folk I encountered on the way. We, The People. Kind, generous, fun-loving is the norm, not the exception. A polite word and an easy smile work wonders. It is harder to detect and bring out in the cities, but still there. I’ve had my best luck handing out fliers in cities with variations of the cry, “Propaganda, get yer propaganda here!” - lulz… Most everyone appreciates honesty, couple it with humor and you’ll be feeding their minds out of your hand… In the country I hardly needed to do much at all. People are naturally curious and being in a morally correct position gives us a genuineness that people crave. That is our strength

Every mind we touched has had a seed planted and at the end of the day, politics is a numbers game. What we have done on this ride is increase the odds in our favor. The numbers of people who want to be tyrants is minuscule. Most people just to be left alone. They don’t want to have to think much about geo-political issues. They just want to raise their children in the best possible environment. Many are too trusting, but very few are stupid. Many may seem drowsy, but very few are comatose. Some may be deluded, but none are hopelessly so. Miracles do happen.

I deeply planted some seeds in the mind of a Marxist in Upper Haight (Ashbury) yesterday. I said nothing when he first proclaimed that Obama was not going far enough and we needed full blown communism. I waited. We talked, and I railed on the kleptocracy masquerading as a duopoly. I railed on the globalist bankers and the corporations that fund both sides. Positions he had to agree with. Then I hit him with history. The fact that history is full of utopias gone horribly wrong, and was he willing to take the chance… I then talked of freedom. How it is the natural state of man, and how history shows it to be our most peaceful and prosperous state.

So much of our position is simple common sense. That is why it is so important to get out and get the information to people. Help them educate themselves. As things get worse, more and more are rousting themselves and looking for answers. We need to have our answers available, everywhere. Now is the time. We have to be ready to engage the most unlikely prospects with respect and courage. We have to understand that even most of our “enemies” are ignorant of the role they are playing in their own downfall, and with the courage of conviction, stand our ground with polite respect. I took my leave from the Marxist after winning some crucial points. Know when to walk away and let the seeds sprout on their own… Have faith. It’s a numbers game…
    This my friend is the back cover of a future NYT best seller

Michael, your dad would be in awe and so very proud, as am I.

In addition, sincere thanks to all who encouraged and supported this journey, you were the answer to my prayers as he pedaled along.

Does kind of make one wonder why we have to work so hard (and none harder than you) to make such an easy sell...

Continuing on, I board a train on the 31st for LA, where I will meet up with Sheriff Mack at a rally on 8/2. There I intend to discuss the effort to get his book to every sheriff in the nation and where we can help.
    Do we have southern Californians with cameras willing to commit to committing this to video? Toooooooooooooooob!!!!

Wish someone had a vid of your conversation with the 'Upper Haight Marxist'. Sounds classic!

And as far as actual riding,… the next major ride is on the boards. As always, I’ll need help. Stay tuned…
    The Mother Road?! But the next time across the southwest, cross the Mojave by winter...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-30-2009 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

=)!
    Rules to gain ground for our efforts. Remember we are the role models for liberty don't abuse it.
    Constructive criticism
    No condescending tones
    Allow room for disagreement
    Be respectful
    It takes time
    Don't flip out when "bad" things happen
    Be forward looking and be part of the solution not just the reaction
    There is no perfect candidate
    Support freedom locally as well as nationally
    Don't worry about negatives said against us but instead worry about giving something positive to say.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast