Thread: We can win the senior vote

We can win the senior vote

I've collected some data from the exit polls and general election statistics.
    If we assume that most people are exposed to Ron Paul through the internet, we see some interesting things.
    The % of 65+ RP voters / % of 65+ internet users is actually higher than that of the mid 50 age group. This tells me that seniors are actually more receptive to the message, while -go figure- baby boomers are not.

Also, we already know that the 65+ group is the largest voting block. About 70% of them vote, versus about 40% of the 18-24 age group.

So we know that they are receptive to Ron Paul and they are the largest voting block. How do we get to them?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Barry Goldwater Jr.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    I've collected some data from the exit polls and general election statistics.
    If we assume that most people are exposed to Ron Paul through the internet, we see some interesting things.
    The % of 65+ RP voters / % of 65+ internet users is actually higher than that of the mid 50 age group. This tells me that seniors are actually more receptive to the message, while -go figure- baby boomers are not.

Also, we already know that the 65+ group is the largest voting block. About 70% of them vote, versus about 40% of the 18-24 age group.

So we know that they are receptive to Ron Paul and they are the largest voting block. How do we get to them?
    Social Security

Matthew Chapters 23 + 24

I've actually been meaning to print up fliers that say Barry Goldwater Jr. Endorses Republican Candidate Ron Paul for President in 2008 and put stacks of them in senior homes in my area..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pedersen View Post
    Social Security
    that is a big issue, but it's like illegal immigration and taxes... EVERY candidate says they are going to save social security, and it takes a little while to convince somebody that you're candidate has the best plan to do it...but it's certainly a positive issue that should be pushed..

Yeah, I was just reading AARPs issues for the election, and of course SS reform is right up there. I think we can get them on the issues, but how do we get TO them. They are not online.

I'm thinking sunday morning church services, canvassing the parking lots. Readers digest ads? I'd kill for an AARP endorsement!

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post

Churches, retirement homes, community events, American legion, Elks, VFW, Rotary Club, etc. RV Parks, RV clubs.

This group is highly likely to vote for who a friend, relative, or pastor tells them is good.

Bridge clubs are almost entirely this demographic now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also good - find out when your local family style restaurants have specials for the over 60 crowd. I guarantee they flock to those. Some grocery stores also have senior days when everyone with an AARP card gets special deals. Flier the heck out of their cars.

seniorsforronpaul

the seniors for ron paul site shows exactly what they want.

Anyone wants two sided slim jim flyer just let me know

Very professionally done and ready to be printed and handed out to every senior out there