Thread: Where’s Ron Paul? – The Invisible, Winning Republican

Where’s Ron Paul? – The Invisible, Winning Republican

http://lawfuel.com/show-release.asp?ID=16773

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008

They call it “face time” in the media – the amount of exposure candidates get. Clinton, Obama, Giuliani all get plenty. In fact, most do. But for Dr Ron Paul, the GOP candidate with the bursting campaign funds may as well not exist as far as the mainstream media, at least, are concerned. Take yesterday’s reliably assumed second place in the Louisiana caucuses to Ron Paul, right behind John McCain.

The New York Times: Two main stories, one of Giuliani winning over Florida voters, another on Mitt Romney’s ill will

CNN: Its McCain courting veterans, Giuliani banking on Florida, Thompson dropping out.

Chicago Tribune: McCain, Romney in close race for Florida.

And so it goes. Ron Paul gets ignored by everyone except his growing band of supporters and funders. When Ron Paul came in second in the Nevada primary every major news media in the United States announced the front-runner as Mitt Romney.

The invisible doctor did not receive a mention.

It may have started when MSNBC reported that Ron Paul scored the highest positive votes in both Republican debates he attended, beating Romney, McCain and Giuliani. But there was no mention of these poll results in the major media.

The media, however, are now exposed to the new media from the Internet, which Ron Paul voted against regulating. It may be that increasingly powerful and influencial new media sources are what help tip the balance Ron Paul’s way – yet again and over the bodies of old media carcasses.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    http://lawfuel.com/show-release.asp?ID=16773

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008

They call it “face time” in the media – the amount of exposure candidates get. Clinton, Obama, Giuliani all get plenty. In fact, most do. But for Dr Ron Paul, the GOP candidate with the bursting campaign funds may as well not exist as far as the mainstream media, at least, are concerned. Take yesterday’s reliably assumed second place in the Louisiana caucuses to Ron Paul, right behind John McCain.

The New York Times: Two main stories, one of Giuliani winning over Florida voters, another on Mitt Romney’s ill will

CNN: Its McCain courting veterans, Giuliani banking on Florida, Thompson dropping out.

Chicago Tribune: McCain, Romney in close race for Florida.

And so it goes. Ron Paul gets ignored by everyone except his growing band of supporters and funders. When Ron Paul came in second in the Nevada primary every major news media in the United States announced the front-runner as Mitt Romney.

The invisible doctor did not receive a mention.

It may have started when MSNBC reported that Ron Paul scored the highest positive votes in both Republican debates he attended, beating Romney, McCain and Giuliani. But there was no mention of these poll results in the major media.

The media, however, are now exposed to the new media from the Internet, which Ron Paul voted against regulating. It may be that increasingly powerful and influencial new media sources are what help tip the balance Ron Paul’s way – yet again and over the bodies of old media carcasses.
    Up the interweb!

It's all the more reason that everyone has to get out canvassing. There's nothing like hearing about a candidate for the first time from a friendly, smiling neighbor. When I'm out for Ron Paul, I wear a suit. I live in a pretty professional community and it goes over well, once they realize I'm not selling anything. I tell them where I live and that I own a business in the community. It helps establish credibility, and I think it makes a good impression. I try to come across as friendly and professional. Pretty good responses so far.

Quote Originally Posted by colin1 View Post
    Up the interweb!

It's all the more reason that everyone has to get out canvassing. There's nothing like hearing about a candidate for the first time from a friendly, smiling neighbor. When I'm out for Ron Paul, I wear a suit. I live in a pretty professional community and it goes over well, once they realize I'm not selling anything. I tell them where I live and that I own a business in the community. It helps establish credibility, and I think it makes a good impression. I try to come across as friendly and professional. Pretty good responses so far.
    good job!

Quote Originally Posted by colin1 View Post
    Up the interweb!

+1
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

I believe Ron Paul's campaign took the media by surprise. The tactics they used to use, in the presence of a internet savy candidate, only serves to make the MSM look foolish. There is a huge story here, I wish someone (Link TV, BBC, etc.) would have the courage to cover. Fixing elections through face time donations by the main stream media, then saying they are covering the "most electable candidates" in light of the fact that anyone of the candidates they have been covering, had they not chosen to cover them, would have dropped from the race for president along time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    And so it goes. Ron Paul gets ignored by everyone except his growing band of supporters and funders.
    Part of the blame has to lie with Dr. Paul and the national campaign staff. He is certainly not operating on a level playing field - but with over $30million of fundraising, a large rabid base of supporters willing to do anything, a weak field of competitors and a likeable message & candidate - come on...

Generate your own media coverage!

Think outside the box.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

This morning on Supertalk Mississippi, which is a Fox News radio affiliate, there was a story about the upcoming Republican debates tonight. They were saying who would be there and said something like "even Ron Paul, in spite of a virtual media blackout, will be at the debate".

They came right out and acknowledged that there was a media blackout on Ron Paul!

This was a Fox Radio News story.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    This morning on Supertalk Mississippi, which is a Fox News radio affiliate, there was a story about the upcoming Republican debates tonight. They were saying who would be there and said something like "even Ron Paul, in spite of a virtual media blackout, will be at the debate".

They came right out and acknowledged that there was a media blackout on Ron Paul!

This was a Fox Radio News story.
    wow, that's big!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS4Pat View Post
    Part of the blame has to lie with Dr. Paul and the national campaign staff.
    Sad but true.
    http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine...agan.html#more
    digg.com/d315eji

Anyone know what happened in LA, BTW? I didn't even know they had a caucus. Someone was saying Dr. Paul won the most delegates?

I can't find a news story anywhere on it

Part of the blame has to lie with Dr. Paul and the national campaign staff. He is certainly not operating on a level playing field - but with over $30million of fundraising, a large rabid base of supporters willing to do anything, a weak field of competitors and a likeable message & candidate - come on...

Tend to agree - not much about the Federal Reserve talked about - Paul should have longer and simple explanations why Fed is not good for the average American, Fed issue is Paul unique point

also - looking at the more experienced campaigners among democrats - looks like winning the campaigns means also attacking competitors - which Paul does not do directly. McCain proposal - 100 years in Iraq - just point out the weaknesses of that 100 years in Iraq. For example - if Paul would calculate the costs of 100 years in Iraq for American taxpayer and present it to the public - etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Anyone know what happened in LA, BTW? I didn't even know they had a caucus. Someone was saying Dr. Paul won the most delegates?

I can't find a news story anywhere on it
    According to the LAgop.com website, they say preliminary results give Paul 2nd place, which means of course that it's not an important state and doesn't have any relevance to the national race so we'll just ignore it.