Thread: Ron Paul Campaign to Louisiana GOP: Count All the Votes

Ron Paul Campaign to Louisiana GOP: Count All the Votes

Hahaha, Ron tells them:

Press release:

Ron Paul Campaign to Louisiana GOP: Count All the Votes

State party blunders put caucus results in question

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton
    January 24, 2008 703-248-9115

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Today, the Ron Paul presidential campaign calls on the Republican Party of Louisiana to count all the ballots submitted in the state’s January 22 caucus.

“The failure of the Louisiana GOP to properly determine who was and wasn’t eligible to vote threw this entire process into disarray,” said Ron Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. “The party needs to correct this mistake by counting all the votes immediately, and releasing the results.”

Due to mistakes by the Louisiana GOP, hundreds of voters were forced to file provisional ballots, including nearly 500 that could change the outcome of the election. According to party officials, caucus locations relied on a voter list from November 1, 2007 despite the fact that under caucus rules, voters must have registered Republican by November 30, 2007.

In multiple instances, state-certified Ron Paul delegates that were on the ballot were forced to file a provisional ballot despite the fact they were pre-approved as delegates.

The Louisiana State GOP also changed the rules at the last minute to allow other candidates to file more delegates. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.
    Good to see some initiative on this from the campaign.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of the above is true.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I hope they're beginning to realize how ridiculous they look, dragging this out for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    All of the above is true.
    im wondering when the results will be announced? how long could it take to verify 600 damn ballots?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Very nice. I get the feeling we've arrived at that point in the campaign where the kid gloves come off and nobody better underestimate Dr. Paul anymore!
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    how long could it take to verify 600 damn ballots?
    I'm getting very suspicious now. They should have been done with this yesterday!
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Link for that?
    Save Lives
    Save Money
    Save the Republic

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got it in email. It should show up on the net soon. Try googling it.

The National Republican Committe will not find voter rolls issued before Dec 1 acceptable. Which means that this whole thing was set up from the start to throw the caucus. When the eligiblility date extended to Jan 12, then moved the caucus date from the 10th to the 22, they gave a technicality in the event of a Ron Paul win to negate the caucus. But then that's a two edged sword that won't do us any good.

I'm curious as to the extension from the Jan 10th to the 12th and who that specifically helped?

I was wondering if this would be brought up. Huey, Torchbearer and Jenn, whats your opinions on this?
    Stay focused on positive fund raising ideas.
    Remind folks to register and actually vote in the primaries. Their support is great, their vote is what counts.

The LAGOP is looking like a bunch of idiots
    PaulItForward.com - needs ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    The National Republican Committe will not find voter rolls issued before Dec 1 acceptable. Which means that this whole thing was set up from the start to throw the caucus. When the eligiblility date extended to Jan 12, then moved the caucus date from the 10th to the 22, they gave a technicality in the event of a Ron Paul win to negate the caucus. But then that's a two edged sword that won't do us any good.
    Has this ever happened before? What happens if the caucus is negated?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles1_tx View Post
    I'm curious as to the extension from the Jan 10th to the 12th and who that specifically helped?
    It helped them.
    Instead of sending in our qualifying forms individually, we sent them all to one person.. and had them all submitted at once.
    After we submitted our huge slate... they changed the dates to allow the other campaigns to try to catch up.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I thought our people got a copy of all the provisional ballots? Why hasn't anyone posted those results?
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Wow. I didn't know about the Jan date change. Just... wow. That is blatant.

Kudos to the official campaign!

it gets the message out there that it's not over yet. That's what we needed.

It helped them.
    Instead of sending in our qualifying forms individually, we sent them all to one person.. and had them all submitted at once.
    After we submitted our huge slate... they changed the dates to allow the other campaigns to try to catch up.
    Can I quote you on LRC about the slate submission? I'll link it to joinsanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponym_mi View Post
    I thought our people got a copy of all the provisional ballots? Why hasn't anyone posted those results?
    + ONE BILLION.

If the campaign has a copy of the ballots, they know how many votes are being held back, and what districts they are.

That information should be "leaked".

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    Can I quote you on LRC about the slate submission? I'll link it to joinsanders.
    yes.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    I'm just worried about what the CORRUPT STATE GOP organizations are saying to the STATE GOP org's on how to push their own top tier GOP candidates like Romney and McCain and EFFECTIVELY STIFFLE and SLOW the RON PAUL CAMPAIGN!

If this was SABOTAGE or INTENTIONAL DISORGANIZATION in NV & LA were happening to McAMNESTY or Mr SLICK... the media/MSM would be all of these STATE GOPs!
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    send me a link when you are done. please list my name Brent Sanders a.k.a. Torchbearer.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyUnbound View Post
    If the campaign has a copy of the ballots, they know how many votes are being held back, and what districts they are.
    Maybe that's the reason Ron said yesterday during some radio interview, that it's possible he won? I see no other reason why he would say that...
    W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie

send me a link when you are done. please list my name Brent Sanders a.k.a. Torchbearer.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/018876.html

You are the update to the press release.

I would never put up with this crap in my State. I would be raising hell now instead of later.

Also the official date for the caucus was Jan 10 as was shown for months on the National GOP site. I then get an email in Dec about the change in date to Jan 22, but it stayed the 10th on the GOP website for another week and a half. Not to mention the eligibility date that was later set to to Jan 10 was changed to the 12th.

What makes it even worse is that if the caucus is challenged, the National GOP will penalizes the state party by taking away delegates! Who does thet hurt? US!

I am beginning to wonder if we're going to get a "clean" result/tabulation at any of the caucses/primaries...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast