Thread: from Lew Rockwell

from Lew Rockwell

January 23, 2008
    Ronald Reagan Wins Louisiana Caucus
    Posted by Nick Bradley at January 23, 2008 08:56 AM

According to the Shreveport Times, the Pro-Life/Pro-Family ticket won in all 7 districts last night. All non-Paul candidates pooled their delegates into a single delegate slate: Huck, Romney, Benito, McCain, Thompson. However, from what I've read at RonPaulForums, at least half of Paul's supporters had to cast "provisional ballots" because they registered jsut before the 30 November deadline.

And what about Reagan? Well, this is the handout for the Pro-Life/Pro-Family delegate slate; It has a photo of Ron and Nancy Reagan and says "win one for the gipper." This is a new low for the rest of the field, but it is what it is and I am not suprised one bit.

Non-Paul candidates also pooled their resources in Wyoming, where Paul was actually ahead on some of the first ballots, but supporters of the various neocon candidates pooled their support to win the county.

On the plus side:

1. The coalition delegate slate will be split 4 ways at the state convention, and Paul may have more than any one candidate.

2. Paul supposedly has most of the alternate delegate slots, most of which were uncontested. So if somebody doesn't show up or is ruled ineligible, a Paul delegate can step up.

3. If half of Paul's supporters did indeed cast provisional ballots, these results from the Shreveport times are utterly meaningless.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are half of Paul's ballots really provisional??? I find that hard to believe...

I'm just getting sick. I think I'm going to go outside and puke. The only true heir to the ideals of Ronald Reagan in this election is Ron Paul. All the other GOP candidates are sellouts to the Rockefeller/Ford/Nixon wing of the GOP that was finally defeated by Ronald Reagan in the '80s. If we have to start plastering Ronald Reagan's picture next to Ron Paul's picture on commercials, ads, flyers, etc., then I guess that is what we'll have to do. Two can play this game!
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

IF the provisionals are even counted.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

heres to hoping we have a ton of provisional ballots
    Help support Ron Paul Republicans running for Congress

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice View Post
    IF the provisionals are even counted.
    As long as the people who used them are legitimately registered before the deadline, they will be.

Which ballots were the "provisional" ones? I knew nothing about this, but I did register republican this past summer, and received a blue ballot last night.

The IGNORE feature has lowered my blood pressure by 20 points by eliminating garbage like this from my daily diet.

Are you a precinct captain?
    Go hand out some literature or do something else YOU can impact. Bitching about HQ here has ZERO value to Ron Paul's election. Write HQ if you don't like what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgraw_wv View Post
    [edit for quote]
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 01-23-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A supporter is entitled to vent. HQ doesn't pay attention to these boards and if they did, a little criticism shouldn't ruffle anyone's feathers given that this is a political campaign. (This sort of talk is expected to take place in every campaign from time to time.)
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTraveler View Post
    The IGNORE feature has lowered my blood pressure by 20 points by eliminating garbage like this from my daily diet.

Are you a precinct captain?
    Go hand out some literature or do something else YOU can impact. Bitching about HQ here has ZERO value to Ron Paul's election. Write HQ if you don't like what they're doing.
    Yo Dude!

I am a precinct capatian, I have already contacted many pages of voters from my List, I have gone canvasing 3 times in the last 4 days... And I have dontated to all money bombs...

If you want to suggest that it is ok to have us supporters out there busting our asses, just so the HQ can piss away a state because they aren't prepared, then edit my quote...

And now I ask you, in the last 72 hours... What have you done to help this campaign?

Oh yeah yesterday, I put up signs too...

The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"