Thread: from todays Shreveport Times newspaper:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

from todays Shreveport Times newspaper:

January 23, 2008
    Last edited by bgarrett; 01-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we got robbed
    Let's change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bp2519 View Post
    we got robbed
    No we got outsmarted, that is all.

Next time set up two booths. A Ron Paul booth and then another that is "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" with nothing but RP delegates on the list.

This whole LA thing is pretty upsetting. I'll wait a while to see how this plays out...and of course the rest of the election. The GOP is corrupt. Plain and simple. After this election, I'll bet they lose a lot of registered people. Including me.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    This whole LA thing is pretty upsetting. I'll wait a while to see how this plays out...and of course the rest of the election. The GOP is corrupt. Plain and simple. After this election, I'll bet they lose a lot of registered people. Including me.
    Come on though, you think if Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel were doing as well as Ron is, that the Democratic Party wouldn't be pulling out the same stops?

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    I feel the same way. I am a life long Republican, voted for Bush three times (once as Gov. and twice as President). I help local candidates run for office as Republicans. I am a precinct chairman of my local Republican Party and was planning to start a county wide Young Republicans group when my campaigning for RP was over. Now I feel like telling them they can go f' themselves they way they have been treating RP and us supporters.

I still haven't decided. Is it better to keep fighting them inside the party or just let them sink themselves?

If the provisional ballots haven't been counted yet, then how do they know the results for District 4? Are these just the results for non-provisional ballots?
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Homer View Post
    If the provisional ballots haven't been counted yet, then how do they know the results for District 4? Are these just the results for non-provisional ballots?
    There may be fewer outstanding provisional votes than the margin of difference. Or more likely they are reporting unofficial totals.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustancostine View Post
    I feel the same way. I am a life long Republican, voted for Bush three times (once as Gov. and twice as President). I help local candidates run for office as Republicans. I am a precinct chairman of my local Republican Party and was planning to start a county wide Young Republicans group when my campaigning for RP was over. Now I feel like telling them they can go f' themselves they way they have been treating RP and us supporters.

I still haven't decided. Is it better to keep fighting them inside the party or just let them sink themselves?
    I say f' them. Let the party lose so horribly that they'll be begging for RP and his supporters to come give them a victory over the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Manganese View Post
    I say f' them. Let the party lose so horribly that they'll be begging for RP and his supporters to come give them a victory over the democrats.
    No they won't. The R's and D's ultimately work for the same status-quo agenda. Both parties would team up against RP before any of them ever allowed him to make a rise.

The 2 party system is a paradigm to keep us distracted and divided. I truely feel they would let the GOP tank before RP ever became president.

This is just one district, right? Im just amazed they got away with creating a slate that had no-one's name on it called 'pro-life/pro-family' .. thats a crock of $#@!. If each caucus was filled with ron paul people, how did they possibly not come back with a bunch of delegates, unless something very fishy is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustancostine View Post
    We're already in their house, and now they are just locking themselves in the bathroom.

None of those were on the district 4 delegates list for RP

Quote Originally Posted by ChristyInLouisiana View Post
    None of those were on the district 4 delegates list for RP

Ron Webb is one of our guys

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bgarrett View Post
    Ron Webb is one of our guys
    I am sorry, you're right! I apologize, by the time I got darn there to the end I figured it was all their people.

bump

A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner. A republic is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner but with laws that prohibit the wolves from eating the lamb ... and the lamb is armed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is like the Wyoming closed caucus. I am going to enjoy watching these bastards going down in the general election. The GOP is in self-destruct mode.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoeallen View Post
    This is like the Wyoming closed caucus. I am going to enjoy watching these bastards going down in the general election. The GOP is in self-destruct mode.
    They're LITERALLY in self-destruct mode. It almost seems planned, don't it?

They know they won't beat hillary or Obama in the general. They're playing to keep RP out at this point.

[QUOTE=NoMoreApathy;1051723]They're LITERALLY in self-destruct mode. It almost seems planned, don't it?
    Last edited by bgarrett; 01-26-2013 at 01:19 PM.

This is how MLK beat the establishment:

By praticing non-violence he forced them to expose their evil to oppose him. This is what we are doing. Good Job, Louisiana! Keep up the good work.

The world is beginning to see the corruption and rot in the GOP.

Ya know, I'm getting to the point of hating christians--or whomever identifies themselves as 'pro-family.' These people have no ethics whatsoever.
    Mind you, this is coming from a devout Catholic...
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 01-23-2008 at 11:06 AM.