Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: from todays Shreveport Times newspaper:

  1. #1

    Default from todays Shreveport Times newspaper:

    January 23, 2008
    Last edited by bgarrett; 01-26-2013 at 12:18 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    we got robbed
    Let's change the world.

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bp2519 View Post
    we got robbed
    No we got outsmarted, that is all.

    Next time set up two booths. A Ron Paul booth and then another that is "Pro-Life/Pro-Family" with nothing but RP delegates on the list.

  5. #4

    Default

    This whole LA thing is pretty upsetting. I'll wait a while to see how this plays out...and of course the rest of the election. The GOP is corrupt. Plain and simple. After this election, I'll bet they lose a lot of registered people. Including me.

  6. #5

    Default

    None of those were on the district 4 delegates list for RP

  7. #6

    Default

    bump

    A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner. A republic is two wolves and a lamb voting on whats for dinner but with laws that prohibit the wolves from eating the lamb ... and the lamb is armed.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    This whole LA thing is pretty upsetting. I'll wait a while to see how this plays out...and of course the rest of the election. The GOP is corrupt. Plain and simple. After this election, I'll bet they lose a lot of registered people. Including me.
    Come on though, you think if Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel were doing as well as Ron is, that the Democratic Party wouldn't be pulling out the same stops?

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    This whole LA thing is pretty upsetting. I'll wait a while to see how this plays out...and of course the rest of the election. The GOP is corrupt. Plain and simple. After this election, I'll bet they lose a lot of registered people. Including me.
    I feel the same way. I am a life long Republican, voted for Bush three times (once as Gov. and twice as President). I help local candidates run for office as Republicans. I am a precinct chairman of my local Republican Party and was planning to start a county wide Young Republicans group when my campaigning for RP was over. Now I feel like telling them they can go f' themselves they way they have been treating RP and us supporters.

    I still haven't decided. Is it better to keep fighting them inside the party or just let them sink themselves?

  10. #9

    Default

    If the provisional ballots haven't been counted yet, then how do they know the results for District 4? Are these just the results for non-provisional ballots?
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustancostine View Post
    I feel the same way. I am a life long Republican, voted for Bush three times (once as Gov. and twice as President). I help local candidates run for office as Republicans. I am a precinct chairman of my local Republican Party and was planning to start a county wide Young Republicans group when my campaigning for RP was over. Now I feel like telling them they can go f' themselves they way they have been treating RP and us supporters.

    I still haven't decided. Is it better to keep fighting them inside the party or just let them sink themselves?
    I say f' them. Let the party lose so horribly that they'll be begging for RP and his supporters to come give them a victory over the democrats.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manganese View Post
    I say f' them. Let the party lose so horribly that they'll be begging for RP and his supporters to come give them a victory over the democrats.
    No they won't. The R's and D's ultimately work for the same status-quo agenda. Both parties would team up against RP before any of them ever allowed him to make a rise.

    The 2 party system is a paradigm to keep us distracted and divided. I truely feel they would let the GOP tank before RP ever became president.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristyInLouisiana View Post
    None of those were on the district 4 delegates list for RP

    Ron Webb is one of our guys

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustancostine View Post
    I still haven't decided. Is it better to keep fighting them inside the party or just let them sink themselves?
    We're already in their house, and now they are just locking themselves in the bathroom.

  15. #14

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by bgarrett View Post
    Ron Webb is one of our guys
    I am sorry, you're right! I apologize, by the time I got darn there to the end I figured it was all their people.

  16. #15

    Default

    This is just one district, right? Im just amazed they got away with creating a slate that had no-one's name on it called 'pro-life/pro-family' .. thats a crock of shit. If each caucus was filled with ron paul people, how did they possibly not come back with a bunch of delegates, unless something very fishy is going on.

  17. #16

    Default

    This is like the Wyoming closed caucus. I am going to enjoy watching these bastards going down in the general election. The GOP is in self-destruct mode.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billyjoeallen View Post
    This is like the Wyoming closed caucus. I am going to enjoy watching these bastards going down in the general election. The GOP is in self-destruct mode.
    They're LITERALLY in self-destruct mode. It almost seems planned, don't it?

    They know they won't beat hillary or Obama in the general. They're playing to keep RP out at this point.

  19. #18

    Default

    [QUOTE=NoMoreApathy;1051723]They're LITERALLY in self-destruct mode. It almost seems planned, don't it?
    Last edited by bgarrett; 01-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Homer View Post
    If the provisional ballots haven't been counted yet, then how do they know the results for District 4? Are these just the results for non-provisional ballots?
    There may be fewer outstanding provisional votes than the margin of difference. Or more likely they are reporting unofficial totals.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

    "This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

    Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

  21. #20

    Default

    This is how MLK beat the establishment:

    By praticing non-violence he forced them to expose their evil to oppose him. This is what we are doing. Good Job, Louisiana! Keep up the good work.

    The world is beginning to see the corruption and rot in the GOP.

  22. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreApathy View Post
    No they won't. The R's and D's ultimately work for the same status-quo agenda. Both parties would team up against RP before any of them ever allowed him to make a rise.

    The 2 party system is a paradigm to keep us distracted and divided. I truely feel they would let the GOP tank before RP ever became president.
    exactly,
    the GOP is fighting RP because in the 2 party system the GOP HAS TO BE THE "WAR PARTY".

  23. #22
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,366
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Ya know, I'm getting to the point of hating christians--or whomever identifies themselves as 'pro-family.' These people have no ethics whatsoever.
    Mind you, this is coming from a devout Catholic...
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 01-23-2008 at 10:06 AM.





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •