Thread: Presentation Outline Operation: Retirement Homes

Presentation Outline Operation: Retirement Homes

Call retirement homes in your area and talk to the activities coordinator and set up appointments to do a "presentation for a candidate". The people at these retirement homes will come to this in droves. They like political stuff.

Remember when you talk you are talking to senior citizens, you need to keep your rate of speech slower then usual. Practice speaking slower. I cannot emphasis that enough. You may get very excited talking about Ron Paul but you will lose them if you don’t keep your speech slower. Make sure you dress in slacks and a collared shirt or polo shirt. If you can, style your hair more traditionally. Do not go into conspiracy theory stuff. Even if it were true, it doesn’t matter. They have preset opinions about that ingrained in their minds from the media, so the minute you mention “conspiracy” they will shut you off.

Also, remember that you need to connect with the audience through eye contact. Start on one side of the room and give them each good eye contact and slowly sweep the audience as you go through your presentation. You want them to feel connected to you. Be relaxed and comfortable. Good body posture is crucial. Chest high and keep your hands out of your pockets. Use your hands to express yourself. Make sure you project your voice and are VERY LOUD. Some senior folks have deteriorating hearing and need you to speak up loudly. I cannot emphasis this enough. Speak loudly. You‘ll notice there is a lot of repetitiveness. It is absolutely necessary for this demographic.

You will also want to bring handouts that compare Ron Paul to other candidates.

Please let me know that you can help Ron Paul out with this vital task! Thanks! Also, you'll want to offer rides for primary day.

Introduction:
    Hi, my name is _. I’m from _ and I’m not getting paid to be here. I’m doing this because I care about our country and the direction it is heading. Whether it’s the social security crisis, our national security, our economy, our healthcare system, or illegal immigration, there are a lot of things that have me concerned. Who here is also concerned about our country? (Raise your hand and wait for them to)

Before we talk about these concerns we share for our country, let me introduce to you Ron Paul. He’s a father of 5 children, the husband of only one wife for 50 years, a grandfather of 18 grandchildren, a doctor, a congressman, an Air Force officer veteran, and an outstanding citizen. He was rated the Taxpayer’s Best Friend. John McCain called him “… the most honest man in Congress.” He is a champion of the Constitution and has never voted for a bill that violates it.

1st, we’re going to talk about social security. On Jan 1st of this year, the baby-boomers began collecting social security. And more are to come in these next few years. Also, on Jan 1st of 2011 they will begin collecting Medicare, which is estimated to be 2-3x as expensive as social security. This means that, 1st, there will be less taxpayers and, 2nd, there will be a higher tax burden. The government has used what you have paid into social security on other things so the money is not there anymore. What will the government have to do when there is not enough money to pay entitlement benefits? They will do one of 2 things. Either they will raise taxes, which will cause the economy to cycle down since people will have much less to spend. Or they will print more money. What happens to the price of everything when the government prints more money? (Wait a second to see if you get a response.) Yes, inflation. That means it will take more dollars to purchase everything you need, but you won’t get more dollars from the government then what they have designated for you. Inflation will increase by as much as 20% per year, but you will only get 2-3% inflation increases in benefits. And then on top of that you are taxed on your social security benefits.
    Who here would agree that this is a serious problem? (raise your hand)

Ron Paul believes that imposing any tax on Social Security benefits is unfair and immoral. In Congress, he introduced the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act, which repeals ALL taxes on Social Security benefits, to eliminate political theft of your income and raise your standard of living. Ron Paul believes that solvency is the key to keeping our promise to our seniors, and he has introduced the Social Security Preservation Act to ensure that money paid into the system is only used for Social Security. It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.

Excessive government spending has created the insolvency crisis in Social Security. We must significantly reduce spending so that our nation can keep its promise to our seniors.

Another concern that I have is our national security. We all remember the attacks of 9/11. There were a lot of people who died needlessly that day. It certainly made me upset to see such actions take place. Immediately after the attacks on 9/11, Ron Paul put forward legislation that would allow anyone to hunt down and capture those guilty for 9/11 and bring them to justice. However, now 7 years, later Osama bin Laden is still not captured.
    Who here would like to see him brought to justice? (raise your hand) At the same time we have spent over 1.6 trillion dollars in the Middle East alone. On top of that we have over 700 bases in over 130 different countries that we have to maintain and keep staffed. This is running us a cost of over 1 trillion dollars a year. At the same time our own bases at home are emptied and our own borders are left unguarded. This worries me greatly.

Now this is to the guys; let’s pretend that you had 130 younger sisters and brothers. (pause) That’s a big family! (smile) And, being a good brother, you wanted to protect and guard all of them. However, you spent so much time protecting all of them that you never had time to sleep, or eat, or do anything! And even then you couldn’t keep track of all of them. Now that you don’t get any sleep or don’t eat anything, suppose a bully came along and wanted to pick a fight with you. Would you be able to defend yourself? Absolutely not!

The United States has troops and bases in over 130 countries around the world. Having our troops spread thin around the world is leaving us wide open for an attack. In fact, we ARE under attack. Do you realize how many illegal immigrants cross our borders every day? We can’t take care of the rest of the world if we don’t take care of ourselves. In fact, we NEED to allow the rest of the world to take care of their own problems on their own. Otherwise they will ALWAYS be dependent on us.

Ron Paul’s plan would be to follow the plan of Ronald Reagan and the plan of our founders: no nation building; a humble foreign policy; a stronger national defense of our OWN country. We can’t afford to let our own borders go unguarded any longer.

“Peace through strength” is how Ronald Reagan put it.

We can have a much stronger national defense, and save over a trillion dollars a year by following Ron Paul’s plan. That money is needed back here at home to solve these problems with social security and the economy. And all those troops are needed back here at home to protect our own borders. Ron Paul is a veteran who served our country during the Cuban missile crisis. He knows the needs of our troops and understands what’s best for our nations security. Ronald Reagan said this of Ron Paul:

“Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.”

Another concern I have is with our healthcare system. Health care costs are very expensive. There is no question about that. And also the services are not as good. Most of you can probably remember when you had a family doctor who knew everyone in your family. That was someone you could count on and call at any time if you had any problems. Someone you could trust and you were familiar with.

The federal government decided long ago that it knew how to manage your health care better than you and replaced personal responsibility and accountability with a system that puts corporate interests first. Our free market health care system that was once the envy of the world became a federally-managed disaster. Few people realize that Congress forced HMOs on us. HMOs rose to prominence through federal legislation, incentives, and coercion. Now, the Food and Drug Administration's bias toward large pharmaceutical companies enlarges their power, limits treatment options, and drives consumers to seek Canadian medicines. Regulations from D.C. make it virtually impossible for small business owners to cover their employees. The unemployed often cannot afford insurance, meaning those who need basic medical attention overcrowd emergency rooms and drive up premiums.
    The federal government will not suddenly become efficient managers if universal health care is instituted. Government health care only means long waiting periods, lack of choice, poor quality, and frustration. Many Canadians, fed up with socialized medicine, come to the U.S. in order to obtain care. Socialized medicine will not magically work here.
    Health care should not be left up to HMOs, big drug companies, and government bureaucrats.

Ron Paul believes it is time to take back our health care. By removing federal regulations, encouraging competition, and presenting real choices, we can make our health care system the envy of the world once again. Ron Paul is a doctor who has delivered over 4,000 babies. I believe that if anyone would understand the health care system best, it would be a doctor who knows our health care inside and out.

Finally we have a chance to elect someone who is not the lesser of two evils. A Ronald Reagan of our day. Some people have said that he is not electable. They said that of Ronald Reagan too when he ran, and they were wrong.

In a blind straw poll Ron Paul beat Hillary, Obama, Romney, Giuliani, McCain, Huckabee and Thompson. This is someone who CAN beat Hillary and already has in the blind straw polls.

It’s time we unite as a country and vote based on our moral obligation to our country. When we can vote for the real deal, let it not be said that we chose an evil instead. We need Ron Paul as our president. We need our countries problems addressed with real solutions.

END
    Last edited by therealjjj77; 01-26-2008 at 08:54 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent !

I encourage you to continue with this extremely important task.

(I'm just using this spot to post it for a link so people aren't having to send the whole thing via 3 messages to the meetup organizers in meetup.com.)

Here are some fliers:

http://forums.hattiesburgamerican.co...ic.php?t=15585

http://ManOfCommonSense.com

Please post anymore if you find anymore. Thanks!

bump that one. Winning this election is about convincing older Republicans that aren't online. We've got the young vote, we've got the Internet vote, we older folks.

Can you guys recommend Ron Paul videos, specifically for older folks that would be good to add to a new DVD?

I'm trying to get one made that combines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STLR6tFP4S4 with back to back Ron Paul clips so that people can see just how similar they are. That would sell the older audience in a heart beat. I just can't seem to get anyone who will take up the task. We need it burnable to DVDs and in as small of a file as possible so it's internet transferable. This needs to be done ASAP. About 15 minutes is the ideal time length. Also, we need a page with instructions for burning it so we can just refer anyone to one page for presentation outline, flier print outs, and DVD burnable file instructions.

Found Some! Now just to get someone with some know how to make it in the smallest transferable file that can be converted into a DVD with instructions on doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmsP95Bl9pM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRcXfDt3ByI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVHJ...eature=related

This last one would need to take out the bush part at the beginning.
    Last edited by therealjjj77; 01-25-2008 at 01:23 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    man of all seasons would be great for the older set

If no one has mentioned it, I'd recommend dropping fliers through their doors ahead of time for those who have to plan their mobility in advance.

Another really good thing is when you ask a question and you raise you hand nod your head if they are "voting" yes, and shake it if it is no. I found out in sales to do this, and it usually works. If you want someone to answer yes, you nod. It is great.

Quote Originally Posted by therealjjj77 View Post
    Call retirement homes in your area and talk to the activities coordinator and set up appointments to do a "presentation for a candidate". The people at these retirement homes will come to this in droves. They like political stuff.

Remember when you talk you are talking to senior citizens, you need to keep your rate of speech slower then usual. Practice speaking slower. I cannot emphasis that enough. You may get very excited talking about Ron Paul but you will lose them if you don’t keep your speech slower. Make sure you dress in slacks and a collared shirt or polo shirt. If you can, style your hair more traditionally. Do not go into conspiracy theory stuff. Even if it were true, it doesn’t matter. They have preset opinions about that ingrained in their minds from the media, so the minute you mention “conspiracy” they will shut you off.

Also, remember that you need to connect with the audience through eye contact. Start on one side of the room and give them each good eye contact and slowly sweep the audience as you go through your presentation. You want them to feel connected to you. Be relaxed and comfortable. Good body posture is crucial. Chest high and keep your hands out of your pockets. Use your hands to express yourself. Make sure you project your voice and are VERY LOUD. Some senior folks have deteriorating hearing and need you to speak up loudly. I cannot emphasis this enough. Speak loudly. You‘ll notice there is a lot of repetitiveness. It is absolutely necessary for this demographic.

You will also want to bring handouts that compare Ron Paul to other candidates.

Please let me know that you can help Ron Paul out with this vital task! Thanks! Also, you'll want to offer rides for primary day.

Introduction:
    Hi, my name is _. I’m from _ and I’m not getting paid to be here. I’m doing this because I care about our country and the direction it is heading. Whether it’s the social security crisis, our national security, our economy, our healthcare system, or illegal immigration, there are a lot of things that have me concerned. Who here is also concerned about our country? (Raise your hand and wait for them to)

Before we talk about these concerns we share for our country, let me introduce to you Ron Paul. He’s a father of 5 children, the husband of only one wife for 50 years, a grandfather of 18 grandchildren, a doctor, a congressman, an Air Force officer veteran, and an outstanding citizen. He was rated the Taxpayer’s Best Friend. John McCain called him “… the most honest man in Congress.” He is a champion of the Constitution and has never voted for a bill that violates it.

1st, we’re going to talk about social security. On Jan 1st of this year, the baby-boomers began collecting social security. And more are to come in these next few years. Also, on Jan 1st of 2011 they will begin collecting Medicare, which is estimated to be 2-3x as expensive as social security. This means that, 1st, there will be less taxpayers and, 2nd, there will be a higher tax burden. The government has used what you have paid into social security on other things so the money is not there anymore. What will the government have to do when there is not enough money to pay entitlement benefits? They will do one of 2 things. Either they will raise taxes, which will cause the economy to cycle down since people will have much less to spend. Or they will print more money. What happens to the price of everything when the government prints more money? (Wait a second to see if you get a response.) Yes, inflation. That means it will take more dollars to purchase everything you need, but you won’t get more dollars from the government then what they have designated for you. Inflation will increase by as much as 20% per year, but you will only get 2-3% inflation increases in benefits. And then on top of that you are taxed on your social security benefits.
    Who here would agree that this is a serious problem? (raise your hand)

Ron Paul believes that imposing any tax on Social Security benefits is unfair and immoral. In Congress, he introduced the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act, which repeals ALL taxes on Social Security benefits, to eliminate political theft of your income and raise your standard of living. Ron Paul believes that solvency is the key to keeping our promise to our seniors, and he has introduced the Social Security Preservation Act to ensure that money paid into the system is only used for Social Security. It is fundamentally unfair to give benefits to anyone who has not paid into the system. The Social Security for Americans Only Act ends the drain on Social Security caused by illegal aliens seeking the fruits of your labor.

Excessive government spending has created the insolvency crisis in Social Security. We must significantly reduce spending so that our nation can keep its promise to our seniors.

Another concern that I have is our national security. We all remember the attacks of 9/11. There were a lot of people who died needlessly that day. It certainly made me upset to see such actions take place. Immediately after the attacks on 9/11, Ron Paul put forward legislation that would allow anyone to hunt down and capture those guilty for 9/11 and bring them to justice. However, now 7 years, later Osama bin Laden is still not captured.
    Who here would like to see him brought to justice? (raise your hand) At the same time we have spent over 1.6 trillion dollars in the Middle East alone. On top of that we have over 700 bases in over 130 different countries that we have to maintain and keep staffed. This is running us a cost of over 1 trillion dollars a year. At the same time our own bases at home are emptied and our own borders are left unguarded. This worries me greatly.

Now this is to the guys; let’s pretend that you had 130 younger sisters and brothers. (pause) That’s a big family! (smile) And, being a good brother, you wanted to protect and guard all of them. However, you spent so much time protecting all of them that you never had time to sleep, or eat, or do anything! And even then you couldn’t keep track of all of them. Now that you don’t get any sleep or don’t eat anything, suppose a bully came along and wanted to pick a fight with you. Would you be able to defend yourself? Absolutely not!

The United States has troops and bases in over 130 countries around the world. Having our troops spread thin around the world is leaving us wide open for an attack. In fact, we ARE under attack. Do you realize how many illegal immigrants cross our borders every day? We can’t take care of the rest of the world if we don’t take care of ourselves. In fact, we NEED to allow the rest of the world to take care of their own problems on their own. Otherwise they will ALWAYS be dependent on us.

Ron Paul’s plan would be to follow the plan of Ronald Reagan and the plan of our founders: no nation building; a humble foreign policy; a stronger national defense of our OWN country. We can’t afford to let our own borders go unguarded any longer.

“Peace through strength” is how Ronald Reagan put it.

We can have a much stronger national defense, and save over a trillion dollars a year by following Ron Paul’s plan. That money is needed back here at home to solve these problems with social security and the economy. And all those troops are needed back here at home to protect our own borders. Ron Paul is a veteran who served our country during the Cuban missile crisis. He knows the needs of our troops and understands what’s best for our nations security. Ronald Reagan said this of Ron Paul:

“Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country.”

Another concern I have is with our healthcare system. Health care costs are very expensive. There is no question about that. And also the services are not as good. Most of you can probably remember when you had a family doctor who knew everyone in your family. That was someone you could count on and call at any time if you had any problems. Someone you could trust and you were familiar with.

The federal government decided long ago that it knew how to manage your health care better than you and replaced personal responsibility and accountability with a system that puts corporate interests first. Our free market health care system that was once the envy of the world became a federally-managed disaster. Few people realize that Congress forced HMOs on us. HMOs rose to prominence through federal legislation, incentives, and coercion. Now, the Food and Drug Administration's bias toward large pharmaceutical companies enlarges their power, limits treatment options, and drives consumers to seek Canadian medicines. Regulations from D.C. make it virtually impossible for small business owners to cover their employees. The unemployed often cannot afford insurance, meaning those who need basic medical attention overcrowd emergency rooms and drive up premiums.
    The federal government will not suddenly become efficient managers if universal health care is instituted. Government health care only means long waiting periods, lack of choice, poor quality, and frustration. Many Canadians, fed up with socialized medicine, come to the U.S. in order to obtain care. Socialized medicine will not magically work here.
    Health care should not be left up to HMOs, big drug companies, and government bureaucrats.

Ron Paul believes it is time to take back our health care. By removing federal regulations, encouraging competition, and presenting real choices, we can make our health care system the envy of the world once again. Ron Paul is a doctor who has delivered over 4,000 babies. I believe that if anyone would understand the health care system best, it would be a doctor who knows our health care inside and out.

Finally we have a chance to elect someone who is not the lesser of two evils. A Ronald Reagan of our day. Some people have said that he is not electable. They said that of Ronald Reagan too when he ran, and they were wrong.

In a blind straw poll Ron Paul beat Hillary, Obama, Romney, Giuliani, McCain, Huckabee and Thompson. This is someone who CAN beat Hillary and already has in the blind straw polls.

It’s time we unite as a country and vote based on our moral obligation to our country. When we can vote for the real deal, let it not be said that we chose an evil instead. We need Ron Paul as our president. We need our countries problems addressed with real solutions.

END
    This is some good information! I think we need to reach out to seniors and 55+ communities. Numerous 55+ communities have community centers that allow people to give presentations on social issues and politics.

Has anyone heard of any efforts being made for seniors for 2012?
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

bump
    "The message of freedom is what brings us together"
    -Ron Paul

*Bump
    -Ron Paul

BUMP! This is a great idea. I'm goin' send it out so some people

Make sure you update the part on OBL
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a fantastic idea . We should get someone to organize this. And I mean for real. Ron isnt running for his seat in congress... that means he could go 3rd party, thats if he looses the republican nod. So we should get this right. I would totally donate to someone who is organizing and researching this idea to get the elderly vote in .
    -Ron Paul

bump
    -Ron Paul

This could be rolled out quickly by YAL members across the country giving presentations on how the current state of politics affects seniors and their heirs. It would be great publicity for YAL, as it would be seen as the young helping the the old.
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 07-24-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

This is the only group where mentioning Ron's age is of some benefit. Mention that and that fact that he wants to restore the Old America, and we've got ourselves hundreds of grannies and granddads for Ron Paul.

bump. Also, maybe setting an activity at a Senor Center where they help in creating Ron Paul signs. All you would really need are the boards and markers and paint. Heck, bring a puppy and some children, and you just made a dozen voters!
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ