Thread: Rumblings in Louisiana. Our first gold?

Rumblings in Louisiana. Our first gold?

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/disp...news_feat2.php

The biggest surprise to come out of Louisiana's GOP delegate process thus far involves Ron Paul, the Texas congressman mounting a quasi-libertarian campaign that has been defined by its grassroots organization. Dore says the Paul campaign dropped off a 'whole slate" of delegates about two weeks ago " a surprise showing that wasn't expected. If any controversy arises from the delegate process, it will be from Paul's camp. 'We're being watchful, though, because we want to make sure all of the delegates were registered Republicans before the Nov. 30 deadline," Dore says, adding there was a great deal of interest expressed by nonparty voters about switching to the GOP in support of Paul. 'We started contacting registrars of voters in 17 parishes yesterday about roughly 90 people, the vast majority of which were signed up for Ron Paul."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was on facebook from a guy that ran (and says he won) as a Ron Paul delegate in LA:

It seems that official reports will come out tomorrow. However--when I was leaving the caucus site at 8 (as it was shutting down) they were like 60% done counting the ballots from District 6. Two campaign staffers (one which iv worked with very closely) told me that we were winning. Not only that, we were winning in every district in Louisiana.

Huge. 105 delegates to the state convention. Of which, 44 will goto the RNC for Paul (unless someone gets a majority in the primary).

I wouldn't jump the gun - in Kenner, I saw many voters not interested in Paul, although I would predict a win if they were equally split (i hear they weren't).

I have heard it may come down to provisional voters, who were not officially in the rolls, meaning they recently registered republican, perhaps before the deadline, perhaps after.

also, i have heard that the local gop (we ran against the local establishment's slate mainly) could try to disqualify our delegates if gotten through investigating the party registration deadline, although i am fairly sure 95% of our delegate candidates met this requirement.

but who knows. i am quite optimistic right now.

Jumping the gun bigtime.
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

District 7 went 15 for 15 delegates and 15 for 15 Alternates for Paul.
    One Other district, Four I think (see RP warroom for details), went 11 for 15 for Paul

I know 7 had college downs in it...but there are only 7 congressional districts in LA...and we won TWO of them and don't know about the others.....

So at a minimum we did OK. I am guessing we did worse in the others than those two because I heard four had a college in it too.

COULD BE GOOD tho...we'll see.

You're probably right, "expect the worst, hope for the best," all that jazz. Still. that's the buzz on the facebook group from someone closely associated with the Louisiana campaign so I figured it was worth sharing.

I'm pretty sure that 15 of 15 in district 7 is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by acroso View Post
    District 7 went 15 for 15 delegates and 15 for 15 Alternates for Paul.
    One Other district, Four I think (see RP warroom for details), went 11 for 15 for Paul

I know 7 had college downs in it...but there are only 7 congressional districts in LA...and we won TWO of them and don't know about the others.....

So at a minimum we did OK. I am guessing we did worse in the others than those two because I heard four had a college in it too.

COULD BE GOOD tho...we'll see.
    I believe there is a University in every district....(not joking...LA is silly like that)...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure we didn't go 15 for 15 in District 7 delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by hueylong View Post
    I'm pretty sure we didn't go 15 for 15 in District 7 delegates.
    Also pretty sure this was incorrect. I don't think there were any official results last night, though I did have to leave at 9p CST to go to work.
    Pledge to buy Dr Paul's upcoming book (and read the preface!):

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

#4 on Amazon and climbing! Pre-order it here:

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

I ran as a delegate in dist 6. Where is his facebook link?