Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 of 15 delegates

11 of 15 delegates

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=2649

Don't know which district # this is - anyone?

Z

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4 or 5
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

Does it have to be 50% for each district? Or 50% for all the districts combined?
    Stay focused on positive fund raising ideas.
    Remind folks to register and actually vote in the primaries. Their support is great, their vote is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgefisher View Post
    Does it have to be 50% for each district? Or 50% for all the districts combined?
    More than 50 percent in one district=3 national delegates for RP.
    More than 50 percent combined=an additional 20 delegates, unless someone gets more than 50 percent in the Feb 9th primary.

Right?

Today has nothing to do with the 50%. That has to do with the primary results on February 9th.

so can these 11 delegates "stack the deck" for the 3 national delegates from this district? As I understand it, when all the delegates gather at the state convention, each district of 15 delegates elects three national delegates from their district. So are we guaranteed 3 national delegates from Natchitoches?

Z

Quote Originally Posted by hueylong View Post
    Today has nothing to do with the 50%. That has to do with the primary results on February 9th.
    But don't the 15 delegates from each district get to choose 3 delegates to the national convention?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zad, not sure how the voting works for State convention to National convention. Don't know if it's by District, or Statewide.

I need to know which district this is lol

CAUTION: This is 1 of 5 caucus locations in the 4th Congressional District. It's great, 11 of 15 and all... but this is not a final result. It's like having say, 5 precincts...

In Jenn's Pineville location (same District), we got 4 of 15.

Fingers crossed.

So what does today decide? And what does Feb 9th decide. I appologize for my ignorance, but this is bloody confusing.
    Remind folks to register and actually vote in the primaries. Their support is great, their vote is what counts.

CAUTION: This is 1 of 5 caucus locations in the 4th Congressional District. It's great, 11 of 15 and all... but this is not a final result. It's like having say, 5 precincts...

In Jenn's Pineville location (same District), we got 4 of 15.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for linking those two. Still if it averages out to about 50% of the delegates. Amazing, yeah? You guys are awesome!!!

You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism."

- Ronald Reagan, 1964 speech supporting Barry Goldwater

So when they say 7th congressional district and we took 15 of 15...was that a precinct?

---I spoke with the field director for LA and he said that they are still counting and will have results posted on GOP website in the morning. He did say that in Natchitoches Ron Paul won 11 of the 15 Delegates. He also said that there was a really poor showing of people, and that there was only less than 100 people at some sites. We won’t know until tomorrow, but it looks very positive for Ron Paul.----
    Thats from the link

Around here, we are saying the supporters in Natchitoches are probably all Axxoms!
    (The Axxoms have a large family. I think I have met 7 brothers, one sister and their mom.)
    The Axxoms are Very well informed about what goes on in Louisiana politics.

I sure admire'em all.

Smile

So what does today decide? And what does Feb 9th decide. I appologize for my ignorance, but this is bloody confusing.

Today - Delegates from each district that go to the state convention.

No one at this point is FOR anyone - they're all uncommitted. (I.e. no ties to a candidate.)

The primary on the 9th - if no one gets 50% - it means nothing.

If someone gets 50% - someone secures 1/2 of the 44 delegates going on to the national convention.

So... 22 are lost to the person getting 50% or greater (like Romney in NV - but unlikely in LA)

If NO ONE gets 50% - none of the delegates are committed at all...

So the state convention on the... the...
    I had the date.
    I'll say the 19th - someone confirm (my mind's blanking)

All the delegates for for 44 delegates to become national delegates.
    If everyone(majority) at the state convention are Paul supporters, they can vote for other Paul supporters and get the 44 national delegates to be Ron Paul delegates - securing 44 national votes.

If not - we can still take 22 by voting at the state convention.

Make more sense now?
    Become a Revolutioni.st! Support the DIRIGIBLEST CANDIDATE! And stop the Slander!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow thank you for the break down.

Let me see if I got it now;
    Basically 44 delegates are decided today. They are technically uncommitted until the primaries. If someone wins 50% guaranteed 22 go to that winner. If no one wins >50% in the primaries then those delegates go to the national convention. The catch is if Ron Paul has the majority of delegates we can potentially force the remaining delegates to vote Ron Paul?

I think I almost got it lol. God I need a tech manual.

The 50% of delegates if someone gets 50% of the vote in the primary is ONLY for the 1st ballot at the convention.

wow this is confusing, but i feel like a system like this is best for RP

Quote Originally Posted by luvthedoc08 View Post
    wow this is confusing, but i feel like a system like this is best for RP
    Because he's the only candidate with an IQ high enough to actually understand it?

There's a rumor on another forum that RP has won EVERY SINGLE DELEGATE in Louisiana. Is this true? Anyone know yet?

What forum is that? I just don't think that's true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
    Because he's the only candidate with an IQ high enough to actually understand it?
    Credit where it is due: GRASSROOTS did this.

This coming from a person who can't say enough nice things about what the campaign staff did for us in Nevada.
    THE MESSAGE!!! STAY ON THE MESSAGE!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thank you guys for the explanation. Louisiana is near and dear to my heart. My best bud is from Baton Rouge and I proudly served on the USS Louisiana. Keep up the fine work folks.

I just came from the District 1 caucus.

This district is heavy on Republicans, so we expected it would be the toughest to win in.

I'm not sure about the numbers yet.. There are 3 locations in this district, and I only heard totals from two of them, and we had about 138 votes each from the 2 districts I k. The highest number was the local pro-life folks who were local politicians or well known, some got mid to high 200 votes. Our district organizer said we should get a few delegates out of it, so we will see. One of the folks who got a large number likes RP, so we hope he counts towards our camp.

Thank you guys for the explanation. Louisiana is near and dear to my heart. My best bud is from Baton Rouge and I proudly served on the USS Louisiana. Keep up the fine work folks.
    Louisiana has an abundance of military vets. I was a Navy Seabee for 7 years and have many friends that served during the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The rumor about winning every single delegate is false. We simply don't know yet, and as it stands now, it seems that we definitely didn't win every seat in District 1.

Awesome, if this is true! We only really need 8/15 in each district to win every national delegate.
    Pledge to buy Dr Paul's upcoming book (and read the preface!):

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

#4 on Amazon and climbing! Pre-order it here:

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast