Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FREDHEADS: Compare Fred Thompson to Ron Paul here

My neighbor is a Fred supporter. Months ago I gave him a liberty card and he had to admit that he agreed with "98 percent of what Ron Paul stands for." (The war was the 2 percent). That said, anyone who thinks they are going to win over Fred Thompson supporters with "welcome threads" on a Ron Paul forum is kidding himself. And if Fred Thompson was REALLY your second choice then great. But I'm not sure how anyone can call Mr. CFR on again off again lobbyist "small government". Hey, I'd like to see Giuliani drop out and I'd be happy to get his voters (haven't run into any yet) but I'm not going to say something positive about Rudy that I don't believe. Fred's record on gun control seems to be a positive. His feigned ignorance of the NAU doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

Anyhow, this isn't something that's going to be accomplished on a web forum. If you know someone who's undecided, former Fred supporter or otherwise PLEASE DO NOT SEND THEM HERE! Send them to RonPaul2008.com to learn about the good doctor himself. This forum is for grassroots people so we can kick around ideas and then go out in the "real world" and DO something.

Regards,

John M. Drake
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Most Fred Heads are real conservatives and not Neocons and once they take the time to read up on Ron Paul we will be stronger. A real conservative Republican like Ron Paul can beat the Democrats.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DXDoug View Post
    Freds Out, now to tell my DAD!

haha the only one to vote for now is Ron Paul!!!

Already sent the invitation to my mom, dad and sister...who were all Fred Thompson supporters. Ron Paul will fight for their issues.

Ack, i'm really going to miss Fred in the debates.

He really pointed out flaws in the other candidates.

I loved him for that!

Ron Paul walks the walk of what Fred Thompson talked during his campaign.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Sweet. I go to lunch and return to this juicy desert.

Thanks Fred. I'm going to rent The Hunt for Red October in your honor

"I'm a politician, which means I'm a liar and a cheat. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops"...presidential aide from The Hunt for Red October

I agree, I think that if a lot of the genuine conservatives who were supporting Fred would take a long hard look at RP's record, he's would be their natural next choice

I liked Fred to and as far as my views on a political quiz he was in my top 3 candidates although i was already sticking with Dr. Paul atleast i had back ups but i will do whatever it takes to get Dr. Paul in the White House! Welcome Fredheads much Aloha

Quote Originally Posted by ddoggphx View Post
    To be honest, I'm sad that Fred left the campaign. I was hoping he would have got more attention and that if Ron didn't make it, I'd have Fred as a backup candidate. He really is more of a small government kind of guy...I don't agree with him on a couple of issues.
    Me too. My second choice is now "no choice".
    We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.

Darn, I was hoping for a Paul/Thompson ticket in November. Anyway.. Welcome Thomson supporters!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I kinda liked Fred but he sure was a disapointing candidate. I can't believe this thread made it this far with out the RPF equivent of Godwin's Law being brought up. Of course I'm talking about the CFR.

I'm screwed now because Fred was my backup plan. My second backup is taking my gold and guns and going into the mountains.

There went the last GOP candidate I might have voted for besides Ron Paul. If RP does not make it I guess it's third party for me.

This has got to be the most insane idea coming out of Ron Paul supporters. There's a sea of undecided voters out there to go after. Why waste your time with other candidates’supporters.
    Respect their choices and leave them alone. Like Ron Paul says “To each his own”.
    Plus, with the stock markets crashing around the world, people will be coming to Dr Paul for answers. Many economists agree with his ideas and more will follow as the whole world economy worsten.

Quote Originally Posted by riviera1992 View Post
    This has got to be the most insane idea coming out of Ron Paul supporters. There's a sea of undecided voters out there to go after. Why waste your time with other candidates’supporters.
    Respect their choices and leave them alone. Like Ron Paul says “To each his own”.
    Plus, with the stock markets crashing around the world, people will be coming to Dr Paul for answers. Many economists agree with his ideas and more will follow as the whole world economy worsten.
    um. Pay attention to current events dude!!
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Cool Taxes and Monetary Policy

Quote Originally Posted by riviera1992 View Post
    Anybody have some good links to economic and tax experts that support RP's abolishment of the IRS and Fed?

If any Fred supporters are actually reading this, my message is that RP and Fred are very similar on a lot of issues. I know a few people who joined my local RP group that used to be Fred supporters.

Now, also, please note that Ron Paul supporters are a very wide and diverse group--If you happen to observe behavior or attitudes which you don't agree with, don't worry. People won't think you are like them just because you support the same guy.
    'We must make the world safe for democracy'--Woodrow Wilson, 1917
    'We gotta make democracy safe for the world'--Walt Kelly, 1970

If you support open debates and would like to see the Presidential Debate Commission replaced or changed, click here.

Documentary: Debating the Role of Third Parties in the U.S

Fred was my second choice. Heck, I'd like him as a vice-president.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is what one person said on one of the fred thompson forums... he had maybe 350 posts

"the only other conservative in the race is that Paul Ron guy, should I endorse him? Will he nuke Iran?"

I agree, I wouldn't be opposed to Fred being VP. He was my second choice.

Fred had some of the best one liners in the debates.

To Romney: "You are becomming a good actor."

At least Fred talked about my signature.
    Ninth Amendment:
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoggphx View Post
    To be honest, I'm sad that Fred left the campaign. I was hoping he would have got more attention and that if Ron didn't make it, I'd have Fred as a backup candidate. He really is more of a small government kind of guy...I don't agree with him on a couple of issues.
    Although I was expecting his dropping as many did, but I believe it was too early to do so. And I think he was going to build momentum with the time but that was his choice anyway.

www.TaxHikeMike.com

Fred even said that Huckabee raises taxes like a liberal, and now the MSM is trying to say Huckabee is the alternative to Thompson!

Huckabee is anything BUT conservative. Let's make sure we spread this information.

Ron Paul is the only true conservative left.
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

As a disappointed Fredhead, thanks for the warm reception.

Ron Paul was my second choice because I liked Fred's foreign policy better, but other than that, it was obvious from the start that there were only two candidates who understood the proper role of the US government. Now with Fred out, Ron Paul will be the only one who is right on Federalism, constitutional protections, and who agrees with Reagan that the most frightening phrase in the English language is, "I'm here from the government, and I'm here to help."

When you look at the other candidates, you also see that they have spent years (if not most of their lives) grooming themselves for the White House. Once again, Fred and Ron Paul stand out as the two who got into the race for the good of the country rather than for personal gain. Fred was slandered (and sabotaged in Iowa) by rumors he was "lazy" and had no "fire in his belly." Ron Paul has been subject to character assassination over his newsletters and who his friends and supporters are. At this point, I feel that if the establishment hates Ron Paul, that is another reason to support him.

So now I'm going to talk to my friends and family members who also supported Fred, and try to get them to switch to Ron Paul. Maybe we can help to tip California's 3rd or 5th districts.

Quote Originally Posted by sacvaljc View Post

Ron Paul was my second choice because I liked Fred's foreign policy better, but other than that, it was obvious from the start that there were only two candidates who understood the proper role of the US government. Now with Fred out, Ron Paul will be the only one who is right on Federalism, constitutional protections, and who agrees with Reagan that the most frightening phrase in the English language is, "I'm here from the government, and I'm here to help."

When you look at the other candidates, you also see that they have spent years (if not most of their lives) grooming themselves for the White House. Once again, Fred and Ron Paul stand out as the two who got into the race for the good of the country rather than for personal gain. Fred was slandered (and sabotaged in Iowa) by rumors he was "lazy" and had no "fire in his belly." Ron Paul has been subject to character assassination over his newsletters and who his friends and supporters are. At this point, I feel that if the establishment hates Ron Paul, that is another reason to support him.

So now I'm going to talk to my friends and family members who also supported Fred, and try to get them to switch to Ron Paul. Maybe we can help to tip California's 3rd or 5th districts.
    Hey welcome!

Fred was my 2nd choice, for all the reasons you listed. Now were down to only one conservative, lets try to keep him in the game.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tamor View Post
    Many think Thompson's voters will go to McCain -- maybe we should post the "vets against McCain" videos on their forums -- is this a good or bad idea?
    As it is there are enough ex-Thompson supporters spreading the message that Paul is a good 2nd choice. Going to a Thompson forum as a newbie to push Paul is just going to annoy people and will probably backfire.

Welcome home, we're gonna need your help cleaning this government up.

Fred was my second choice. The only thing I really didn't like about him was his stance on the war. But I still would have rather had Fred than any other Republican candidate besides Ron Paul. Atleast he is straightforward. It just sucks that our only hope is hated so much by the people who have the most power in getting him elected.

Quote Originally Posted by sacvaljc View Post

Welcome! We all want the same thing. Minor disagreements about how to do it only cause disunity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast