Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FREDHEADS: Compare Fred Thompson to Ron Paul here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow FREDHEADS: Compare Fred Thompson to Ron Paul here

With Fred out of the race, Fredheads need an alternative. And they are certainly welcome here.

Fred Thompson on the issues: http://fred08.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx

Ron Paul on the issues: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues

The two share the same "smaller government" platform. Please take the time to get to know Ron Paul a little better.
    Last edited by jrich4rpaul; 01-27-2008 at 03:43 AM.
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All Fredheads are welcome to join the Ron Paul community. We welcome you with opened arms!
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

We know you want a better America and so do we.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Both Ron Paul supporters and Fred Thompson supporters are VERY pro-2nd Amendment.

To be honest, I'm sad that Fred left the campaign. I was hoping he would have got more attention and that if Ron didn't make it, I'd have Fred as a backup candidate. He really is more of a small government kind of guy...I don't agree with him on a couple of issues.

I can't vote for McCain, Rudy or Huck. Doubtful I could ever vote for Mitt. Fred was my second choice.

I sure hope that Ron is Fred's fans' second choice. Based on their platforms, he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoggphx View Post
    To be honest, I'm sad that Fred left the campaign. I was hoping he would have got more attention and that if Ron didn't make it, I'd have Fred as a backup candidate. He really is more of a small government kind of guy...I don't agree with him on a couple of issues.
    Me too. My second choice is now "no choice".
    We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoggphx View Post
    Although I was expecting his dropping as many did, but I believe it was too early to do so. And I think he was going to build momentum with the time but that was his choice anyway.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wellcome Fred supporters!
    Ron Paul is gaining momentum! Check out all the latest media reporting on Ron Paul at www.WhatTheySayAboutRonPaul.com. Add links to media you find, contact the editors, leave them your comments or just enjoy the news.

Let's go, let's go. We need a universal Fred Thompson conversion email. I'll get started on one tonight if no one else volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Let's go, let's go. We need a universal Fred Thompson conversion email. I'll get started on one tonight if no one else volunteers.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...64#post1041364
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

The fact that I've never said anything negative about Fred Thompson shows that I see him as being closer to Ron Paul than he is to Rudy, Mitt , McCain and Huckabee.

Fred is a domestic conservative at heart. The problem he would have had tho is his foreign policy would have made it impossible to have a true conservative domestic policy.

I'd love to see "Fredheads" join us in the fight for true conservatism

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Truth View Post
    The fact that I've never said anything negative about Fred Thompson shows that I see him as being closer to Ron Paul than he is to Rudy, Mitt , McCain and Huckabee.

Fred is a domestic conservative at heart. The problem he would have had tho is his foreign policy would have made it impossible to have a true conservative domestic policy.

I'd love to see "Fredheads" join us in the fight for true conservatism
    qft
    Save Lives
    Save Money
    Save the Republic

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

If any Fred supporters are actually reading this, my message is that RP and Fred are very similar on a lot of issues. I know a few people who joined my local RP group that used to be Fred supporters.

Now, also, please note that Ron Paul supporters are a very wide and diverse group--If you happen to observe behavior or attitudes which you don't agree with, don't worry. People won't think you are like them just because you support the same guy.
    'We must make the world safe for democracy'--Woodrow Wilson, 1917
    'We gotta make democracy safe for the world'--Walt Kelly, 1970

If you support open debates and would like to see the Presidential Debate Commission replaced or changed, click here.

Documentary: Debating the Role of Third Parties in the U.S

I leaned back and forth between Thompson and Paul numerous times myself, before settling on Paul. I greatly respect Fred Thompson, and will be missing him in the presidential debates.

Thompson did do a good job attacking Huckabee at the last debate.

But Ron Paul did win the debate overall

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When did he drop out? Did I miss something?
    Proud $2300 member
    (now working on husbands $2300)

Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    Hm actually, it hasn't been decided just yet.

As we have previously reported Fred Thomspon is in Tennessee visiting his 90 plus year old mother who is recovering from an illness

There will be no decisions today as Thompson mulls whether to carry on his bid for the presidency but he is expected to say something definitive tomorrow, probably first thing in the morning.

While no one in the campaign will be surprised if he withdraws they have no idea which way he will go and they do have some money if he should decide to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...070.xml&coll=2

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

His supporters should write him and try to sway him in to officially endorse Paul.

Welcome Fredheads

bump, anyone inviting these guys over here to have a look?

Who's our forum ambassador?

Fred was the most I liked after Ron Paul. We share alot of good ideas and we need to welcome all Fred Thompson supporters here.
    *Liberty is worth it*

Fred Thompson is the only other candidate that even talks about returning power to the states.

Foreign Policy was the big difference, and considering Vietnam, Korea, and Now Iraq could of easily stumped for an actual declaration of war, Thompson's talk of obeying the constitution was likely just talk.

Not once did he question the authorization of force. If the GOP would of held out for an actual war resolution, the republicans would be in much better shape in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybekool View Post
    Fred was the most I liked after Ron Paul. We share alot of good ideas and we need to welcome all Fred Thompson supporters here.
    Agreed. Fred was my '2nd choice' if you will.

I do hope everything turns out OK with his mother.

Welcome FredHeads! We here at RPF also love gun rights, smaller government, lower taxes, & most of all AMERICA!!
    THE MESSAGE!!! STAY ON THE MESSAGE!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scour Facebook and Myspace for FT groups.
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

Yes Thompson was on my list of backup candidates as well. I liked that he was different.

Could sent them letter signed by all the members that considered Fred their second candidate
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

There are multiple Thompson threads so I will repost this bit because this information might help to welcome Thompson supporters.

I will say this for Thompson: In the Fox debate without RP, Thompson actually dared to talk about reforming Social Security, and he actually mentioned reversing the huge mistake made decades ago that indexed the PRE-retirement "implicit rate of return" to wages rather than inflation (making SS unsustainable).

Not only was it an RP-like detail that cut to the heart of the entitlement problem, but the Fox moderator obviously had no idea what Thompson was talking about no matter how many times Thompson tried to re-explain it.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Many think Thompson's voters will go to McCain -- maybe we should post the "vets against McCain" videos on their forums -- is this a good or bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by tamor View Post
    Many think Thompson's voters will go to McCain -- maybe we should post the "vets against McCain" videos on their forums -- is this a good or bad idea?
    Find any McCain attacks on Thompson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast