Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FREDHEADS: Compare Fred Thompson to Ron Paul here

Arrow FREDHEADS: Compare Fred Thompson to Ron Paul here

With Fred out of the race, Fredheads need an alternative. And they are certainly welcome here.

Fred Thompson on the issues: http://fred08.com/Principles/PrinciplesSummary.aspx

Ron Paul on the issues: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues

The two share the same "smaller government" platform. Please take the time to get to know Ron Paul a little better.
    Last edited by jrich4rpaul; 01-27-2008 at 03:43 AM.
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All Fredheads are welcome to join the Ron Paul community. We welcome you with opened arms!
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

We know you want a better America and so do we.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Both Ron Paul supporters and Fred Thompson supporters are VERY pro-2nd Amendment.

To be honest, I'm sad that Fred left the campaign. I was hoping he would have got more attention and that if Ron didn't make it, I'd have Fred as a backup candidate. He really is more of a small government kind of guy...I don't agree with him on a couple of issues.

I can't vote for McCain, Rudy or Huck. Doubtful I could ever vote for Mitt. Fred was my second choice.

I sure hope that Ron is Fred's fans' second choice. Based on their platforms, he should be.

Wellcome Fred supporters!
    Ron Paul is gaining momentum! Check out all the latest media reporting on Ron Paul at www.WhatTheySayAboutRonPaul.com. Add links to media you find, contact the editors, leave them your comments or just enjoy the news.

Let's go, let's go. We need a universal Fred Thompson conversion email. I'll get started on one tonight if no one else volunteers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The fact that I've never said anything negative about Fred Thompson shows that I see him as being closer to Ron Paul than he is to Rudy, Mitt , McCain and Huckabee.

Fred is a domestic conservative at heart. The problem he would have had tho is his foreign policy would have made it impossible to have a true conservative domestic policy.

I'd love to see "Fredheads" join us in the fight for true conservatism

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Truth View Post
    The fact that I've never said anything negative about Fred Thompson shows that I see him as being closer to Ron Paul than he is to Rudy, Mitt , McCain and Huckabee.

Fred is a domestic conservative at heart. The problem he would have had tho is his foreign policy would have made it impossible to have a true conservative domestic policy.

I'd love to see "Fredheads" join us in the fight for true conservatism
    qft
    Save Lives
    Save Money
    Save the Republic

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

I leaned back and forth between Thompson and Paul numerous times myself, before settling on Paul. I greatly respect Fred Thompson, and will be missing him in the presidential debates.

Thompson did do a good job attacking Huckabee at the last debate.

But Ron Paul did win the debate overall

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

When did he drop out? Did I miss something?
    Proud $2300 member
    (now working on husbands $2300)

Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    Hm actually, it hasn't been decided just yet.

As we have previously reported Fred Thomspon is in Tennessee visiting his 90 plus year old mother who is recovering from an illness

There will be no decisions today as Thompson mulls whether to carry on his bid for the presidency but he is expected to say something definitive tomorrow, probably first thing in the morning.

While no one in the campaign will be surprised if he withdraws they have no idea which way he will go and they do have some money if he should decide to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...070.xml&coll=2

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

His supporters should write him and try to sway him in to officially endorse Paul.

Welcome Fredheads

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump, anyone inviting these guys over here to have a look?

Who's our forum ambassador?

fred done official
    start the recruiting

Fred was the most I liked after Ron Paul. We share alot of good ideas and we need to welcome all Fred Thompson supporters here.
    *Liberty is worth it*

Fred Thompson is the only other candidate that even talks about returning power to the states.

Foreign Policy was the big difference, and considering Vietnam, Korea, and Now Iraq could of easily stumped for an actual declaration of war, Thompson's talk of obeying the constitution was likely just talk.

Not once did he question the authorization of force. If the GOP would of held out for an actual war resolution, the republicans would be in much better shape in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybekool View Post
    Fred was the most I liked after Ron Paul. We share alot of good ideas and we need to welcome all Fred Thompson supporters here.
    Agreed. Fred was my '2nd choice' if you will.

I do hope everything turns out OK with his mother.

Welcome FredHeads! We here at RPF also love gun rights, smaller government, lower taxes, & most of all AMERICA!!
    THE MESSAGE!!! STAY ON THE MESSAGE!!!

Scour Facebook and Myspace for FT groups.
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

Freds Out, now to tell my DAD!

haha the only one to vote for now is Ron Paul!!!

Yes Thompson was on my list of backup candidates as well. I liked that he was different.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could sent them letter signed by all the members that considered Fred their second candidate
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

There are multiple Thompson threads so I will repost this bit because this information might help to welcome Thompson supporters.

I will say this for Thompson: In the Fox debate without RP, Thompson actually dared to talk about reforming Social Security, and he actually mentioned reversing the huge mistake made decades ago that indexed the PRE-retirement "implicit rate of return" to wages rather than inflation (making SS unsustainable).

Not only was it an RP-like detail that cut to the heart of the entitlement problem, but the Fox moderator obviously had no idea what Thompson was talking about no matter how many times Thompson tried to re-explain it.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Let's go, let's go. We need a universal Fred Thompson conversion email. I'll get started on one tonight if no one else volunteers.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...64#post1041364
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Many think Thompson's voters will go to McCain -- maybe we should post the "vets against McCain" videos on their forums -- is this a good or bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by tamor View Post
    Many think Thompson's voters will go to McCain -- maybe we should post the "vets against McCain" videos on their forums -- is this a good or bad idea?
    Find any McCain attacks on Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by jrich4rpaul View Post
    With Fred soon to be out of the election, I think Fredheads need an alternative! And they are certainly welcome here.

Fred Thompson on the issues: http://www.fred08.com/Principles/Pri...ew=OnTheIssues

Ron Paul on the issues: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues

The two share the same "smaller government" platform. Please take the time to get to know Ron Paul a little better.
    Just in case they take down the Fred Thompson website, here is the text of "Fred Thompson on the issues"

National Security
    The first responsibility of government is to protect the American people, the homeland, and our way of life. Today we face the urgent threat of radical Islamic terrorists. Al Qaeda is committed to attacking us here at home, and wants to use weapons of mass destruction (WMD) to kill millions. We must never give them that opportunity. We must defeat the terrorists abroad, and that begins in Iraq and Afghanistan—the central fronts in this global war. We must show the world we have the will to fight and win. A weakened America - or an America that appears weaker - will only encourage further attacks. We must persevere. As Commander-in-Chief, the president must ensure the United States has the means to achieve victory. Presidential leadership requires talking to the American people about these stakes, mapping out a clear vision for success, and devising a comprehensive strategy for achieving it. I am committed to:

A larger, more capable, and more modern military that can defeat terrorists, deter adversaries, and defend the U.S. and our interests.
    A missile defense system that can protect the U.S. and our allies from long-range ballistic missiles.
    An enhanced intelligence community, with robust human-intelligence capabilities, focused on terrorism and proliferation.
    A robust approach to homeland security that will protect our nation from terrorists and WMD, regardless of where they come from.
    A strengthened system of global alliances to better combat terrorists, proliferators, and traditional threats to our interests.
    A judicial system that deals with the realities of terrorists and unlawful enemy combatants.

Federal Budget and Spending/Budgetary Reform
    In a few short years—not a generation from now—a fiscal tsunami that could imperil our security and economic prosperity will hit our nation and place an unfair burden of debt on our children and grandchildren. The tens of trillions of dollars in debt that will be accumulated over the next few decades will do immense harm to our economy. This burden is now estimated at $170,000 per person and $440,000 per family. Time is running out to address this looming crisis. We need market-based approaches to reform that guarantee benefits for those who need them and embrace personal responsibility and cost-effectiveness without raising taxes. Given the scope and urgency of this problem, and the burden it will place on our children, reform is not only an economic necessity, it is a moral imperative that requires action now. I am committed to:

Opening the government’s fiscal books on this looming crisis for all to see and understand.
    Working with individuals of all political persuasions to develop a comprehensive solution to the pending fiscal crisis.
    Leading and making the hard choices necessary, to include cutting wasteful government spending, to safeguard our security, promote our prosperity, and protect our children and grandchildren from fiscal calamity.

Tax Reform
    The U.S. tax code is broken and a burden on U.S. taxpayers and businesses, large and small. Today’s tax code is particularly hostile to savings and investment, and it shows. To make matters worse, its complexity is a drag on our productivity and economic growth. Moreover, taxpayers spend billions of dollars and untold hours each year filling out complicated tax returns, just so they can send more money to Washington, much of it for wasteful programs and the pet projects of special interests. We need lower taxes, and we need to let taxpayers keep more of their hard-earned dollars—they know best where and how to spend them. And we need to make the system simpler and fairer for all. To ensure America’s long term prosperity and economic security, I am committed to:

Fundamental tax reform built on the principles of simplicity, fairness, and growth.
    A new tax code that gets the government out of our citizens’ pocketbooks, while enhancing U.S. competitiveness abroad.
    Dissolution of the IRS as we know it.

Healthcare
    Americans have the best healthcare in the world. Some, however, choose not be insured; others cannot afford it. Every American should be able to get health insurance coverage that is affordable, fully accessible, and portable. Coverage should meet their individual needs and put them in control. Those who propose a one-size-fits-all Washington-controlled program ignore the cost, inefficiency, and inadequate care that such a system offers. Access to affordable, portable health care can be made available for all Americans without imposing new mandates or raising taxes. Current government programs must also be streamlined and improved so that those who truly need help can get the health care they need. I am committed to a healthcare system that:

Realigns programs and creates a system around individual consumers and patients by providing more information and more opportunities to choose affordable health care options that best meet their needs and those of their families.
    Improves the individual health of all Americans by shifting to a system that promotes cost-effective prevention, chronic-care management, and personal responsibility
    Modernizes delivery and administration of care by encouraging the widespread use of clinical best practices, medical information technology, and other innovations.
    Increases competition and consumer choice while streamlining regulations through free-market solutions that benefit individuals and reduce costs for employers.
    Promotes and speeds medical research and life-sciences innovation.

Government Effectiveness
    Our government is outdated, inefficient, and wasteful. It is often unable to perform even the most basic tasks our citizens expect. It is no longer enough just to want limited government; the American people deserve more effective government. Given today’s challenges, we cannot afford—and shouldn’t accept—anything less than a nimble, effective, and efficient government that is able to focus its resources on the important issues facing our country. It must be able act on behalf of the American people and our national interests in a timely manner. The key to competent government is strong, committed leadership from the top. The key to good government is good people who are well-managed and put the national interest first. I am committed to:

Attracting and rewarding the best Americans to serve in government and ensuring they have the authority and resources needed to get the job done.
    Fixing government accounting so tax dollars are properly spent and the American people know exactly what they are being spent on.
    Improving government performance by making agencies accountable for accomplishing their missions on time and within budget.
    Ensuring information technology systems are secure and that they give our government the capacity and effectiveness to get the job done.

Building Strong Families
    Strong families are the bedrock of our nation and our culture. They are built around the sanctity of life and the institution of marriage, which is the union of a man and a woman. To counter coarseness in today’s culture that oftentimes victimizes our children and undermines the traditional values parents want to instill, we must not only protect but strengthen the institutions of family and marriage. I am committed to:

Using the Presidency to encourage policies that promote a culture of life, strengthen the institution of marriage and traditional families, and advance freedom of religion.
    Returning authority to the levels of government closest to families and communities—the states—and then protecting states from further intrusion by the federal government, the judiciary, and other states.
    Combating the spread of obscenity over TV and other media by making sure parents can better exercise their responsibilities.

Immigration
    The United States is a nation of immigrants. Throughout our history, legal immigrants have brought energy, ideas, strength, and diversity to our country, our economy, and our culture. This must continue. But in the post-9/11 world, immigration is more of a national security issue. A government that cannot secure its borders and determine who may enter and who may not, abrogates a fundamental responsibility. I am committed to:

Securing our borders and enforcing immigration laws. Amnesty is not an option and the toleration of “sanctuary cities” must end.
    Reviewing our immigration laws and policies to ensure they advance our national interests.
    Uniting Americans by welcoming legal immigrants willing to learn English, assimilate into our communities, and become productive citizens.

Education
    A well-educated citizenry is vital to our security, our economy, and our democracy. Despite the tens of billions of dollars spent on education by Washington each year, and the hundreds of federal education programs now in place, our children are still falling behind, particularly in subjects crucial to the global economy in which we live. At a time when America is behind other developed countries in education excellence, the federal role in education is too intrusive and too bureaucratic, and has become part of the problem. State and local governments are closest to the parents, the kids, and the schools, and best situated to implement changes and innovations that best educate children. I am committed to:

Giving parents more choices in education and schools less bureaucracy.
    Reviewing federal programs for cost-effectiveness, reducing federal mandates, returning education money to the states, and empowering parents by promoting voucher programs, charter schools, and other innovations that enhance education excellence through competition and choice.
    Encouraging students and teachers to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and math—fields that are crucial to our security, competitiveness, and prosperity.
    Promoting transparency to assess performance, promote accountability, and share innovations in education at all levels.

Appointing Judges Faithful To Our Constitution
    Activist judges across the country seem intent on legislating from the bench to promote a culture of abortion, redefine marriage, and undermine families—in effect re-shaping the values of our entire society without the consent of the people. We need judges who recognize their role in our democracy is to interpret, not make, the law. I am committed to:

Appointing strict constructionist judges who will interpret the law, not impose their views on us by legislating from the bench.

Energy Security
    The energy challenges our nation faces today are real and significant. Our dependence on foreign sources of oil threatens our national security and puts our economic prosperity at risk. America must rise to the challenge and take the steps necessary to become more energy independent before this becomes a crisis. No one solution will solve the energy challenges we face; all ideas must be on the table. Greater energy security will enhance our ability to pursue our foreign policy and national security objectives. Increasing our energy independence and investing in alternative energy sources will also produce a healthier environment. And while we don’t know for certain how or why climate change is occurring, it makes sense to take reasonable steps to reduce CO2 emissions without harming our economy. Overall, I am committed to:

A balanced approach to energy security that increases domestic supplies, reduces demand for oil and gas, and promotes alternative fuels and other diverse energy sources.
    Investing in renewable and alternative fuels to promote greater energy independence and a cleaner environment.
    An energy policy that invests in the advanced technologies of tomorrow and places more emphasis on conservation and energy efficiency.
    Conducting research and development into technologies that improve the environment, especially the reduction of CO2 emissions.

Second Amendment
    I strongly support the Second Amendment of the Constitution, which protects an individual’s right to keep and bear arms. Gun control is touted as a major crime-control measure. But some of the places with the strictest gun-control laws also have high violent-crime rates. Disarming law-abiding citizens does not prevent crime. The answer to violent crime is smart, effective, and aggressive law enforcement. The real effect of these gun-control measures is to place onerous restrictions on law-abiding citizens who use firearms for such legal activities as self-defense, sport-shooting, hunting, and collecting. I am committed to:

Strictly enforcing existing laws and severely punishing violent criminals.
    Protecting the rights individual Americans enjoy under the Second Amendment.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast