Thread: Rush Limbaugh mentions media blackout on Ron Paul

Rush Limbaugh mentions media blackout on Ron Paul

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...110.guest.html

CALLER: What record would you have for Romney to show us that? Because I tell you, truthfully I'm not a McCain supporter. So I'm not saying --

RUSH: Of course not, probably a Huckabee supporter.

CALLER: (laughter) Well, to tell you the truth I'd like to know more about Ron Paul, because I'm for as little government intervention as we can have.

RUSH: Enough said. Wherever you go here in this roster of candidates, you're going to be able to point out "not conservative, what he did there is not conservative." The one guy that has the least of that is Fred Thompson, that's what I've said, but Fred Thompson was right in there supporting McCain on McCain-Feingold. That's a red flag. I make my living with my mouth and what comes out of it, and that was a direct assault on what comes out of certain people's mouths around election times. Once you chip away successfully the First Amendment, it's easy to do it the next time, second time, third time, fourth time, and 50th time.

CALLER: Hm-hm. Well, maybe, when you get a chance, you could inform us a little more about Romney's record.

RUSH: Well, sure, I'd be happy to. People have been asking me to go down every one of these guy's records and do A-B -- that's not what I do here. I don't have Romney's record in front of me. Let me give you this. You mentioned McCain. I don't see the left-wing media propping up Romney like they are propping up McCain. I don't see them calling Romney a maverick, and the definition of a maverick is one who constantly goes against his party. McCain is a maverick, and he is loved and adored for that and he gets away with the straight talk stuff because, to them, the straight talk is ripping his own party, and ripping his own president, and it got him fawning press coverage. I haven't seen any of that said about any of these people. Well, maybe Huckabee to a certain extent but the press and the Drive-Bys are trying to destroy Romney; they're trying to destroy Fred Thompson; they're trying to destroy Rudy. If you look at who they're propping up, absent a list or a record of these guys, there are certain indications that you can get. The press is ignoring Ron Paul. That should also tell you something; they don't consider him to be a serious contender for the ultimate prize.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why do media pundits speak of themselves in the third person?

"The press is ignoring Ron Paul".

Well then, stop ignoring him, Mr Talking Head.
    "People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."

– George Orwell

The press is ignoring Ron Paul. That should also tell you something; they don't consider him to be a serious contender for the ultimate prize.

It tells me he is a treat to their very existence.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by UK4Paul View Post
    Why do media pundits speak of themselves in the third person?

"The press is ignoring Ron Paul".

Well then, stop ignoring him, Mr Talking Head.
    lol yeah Bill O'Reilly is famous for doing that. He gets like 3 times the ratings of any other cable news show, then goes into a rant about how "the mainstream media isn't covering this!"

Has Rush said anything about Romney forcing everyone to buy health insurance?

I'm so $#@!ing sick of this Romney love.

Americans don't have enough cars. I, Mitt Romney, have the solution. Henceforth everyone must buy a car by order of the law.

People are starving. I, Mitt Romney, have a solution. Henceforth everyone must buy food for themselves by order of the law.

$#@! all of you Romney lovers.

That was definitely a plug for RP by Rush...

"The press is ignoring Ron Paul."...warm "That should also tell you something;"...warmer "they don't consider him to be a serious contender for the ultimate prize."....ice cold

Once again, Rush picks up the ball only to drop it 2 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by evandi View Post

Americans don't have enough cars. I, Mitt Romney, have the solution. Henceforth everyone must buy a car by order of the law.

People are starving. I, Mitt Romney, have a solution. Henceforth everyone must buy food for themselves by order of the law.

I gotta say.. I posted a comment on the prank call his kid did. All I got back was, why do I want to lose the war?

I kept asking how we won? By occupying their land and stealing their oil? But getting to the point where we just dont shoot people anymore?

If we nuke Iran. It will set off WWIII.

Those are the stakes. Are we willing to do that for the protection of oil?
    Please click my tattoo shop: Gulfport Tattoo so that my search rankings go up! Thank YOU!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfbz View Post
    lol yeah Bill O'Reilly is famous for doing that. He gets like 3 times the ratings of any other cable news show, then goes into a rant about how "the mainstream media isn't covering this!"
    Hes an editorialist, he shouldn't be obliged to cover anyone if he doesn't want to. Thats up to the journalists.

Quote Originally Posted by HarbingerOfTruth View Post
    Hes an editorialist, he shouldn't be obliged to cover anyone if he doesn't want to. Thats up to the journalists.
    He's a spin artist and butt boy for his boss Murdock. He will do and say anything for the almighty buck.

Just sent Rush an email...

Come On Rush, You Know You Want To!

Greetings Rush,

I don't know what "they" have on you, but you so much want to talk about Ron
    Paul it's painfully clear that someone is stopping you from doing so.

Ron Paul is the only Conservative hope left for the Republican Party. You know
    it, I know it, most of your listeners know it. Thompson is dropping out. Who's
    left that even pretends to be Conservative out of the current crop of
    Presidential candidates?

Whatever it is "they" are holding over your head Rush, I hope you can overcome
    it and break the logjam of silence about the true Ron Paul, his ability to bring
    in 10's of thousands into the Republican Party, his ability to raise millions in
    contributions, and his 30 year faithful voting record to the Constitution. The
    markets are crashing, the dollar is falling, the American empire is coming
    unraveled. Our nation is sick, and needs a Doctor. Dr. Ron Paul for President.

Let it out Rush, you'll be a better man because of it.

great email william, if anyone has free time they should try and get past the Rush screener, apparently it isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    He's a spin artist and butt boy for his boss Murdock. He will do and say anything for the almighty buck.
    Rush doesn't work for Rupert Murdoch. He works for...

The Excellence in Broadcasting network, which is owned by...

Clear Channel Communications, which is owned by...

Bain Capital, LLC, which is owned by...

Mitt Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of '76 View Post
    Rush doesn't work for Rupert Murdoch. He works for...

The Excellence in Broadcasting network, which is owned by...

Clear Channel Communications, which is owned by...

Bain Capital, LLC, which is owned by...

Mitt Romney.
    But who is Mitt Romney owned by???
    If counterfeiting is a crime then it is time for the FED to be sentenced to DEATH!

Quote Originally Posted by Acidlump View Post
    The Shadow

Today Rush mentioned, about 10 days ago, his brother wrote a column supporting Fred Thompson and today Fred dropped out of the race. So he called his brother and asked him to write articles supporting John McCain and then Mike Huckabee.
    LukeNM

Gen. George Washington during the first American Revolution:
    "We can't guarantee victory, but we can deserve it."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mconder View Post
    The press is ignoring Ron Paul. That should also tell you something; they don't consider him to be a serious contender for the ultimate prize.

Ron Paul is a cookie?

Yes.

Right it means he is a threat. They don't want as few people to find out about him as possible. If they weren't worried about him they would openly report hom and just laugh. The fact they laugh but then remove his debate answers from re-airings and his name from 2nd place is evidence of ACTIVE avoidance of Ron Paul coverage, not just a passive lack of reporting.
    Last edited by Swmorgan77; 01-22-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evandi View Post

I lol'ed.
    An optimist is there to be hopeful when all have lost hope.

A pessimist is there to cast doubt when no one has any.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidlump View Post
    The love of money.
    Live Free or Die...

"I Killed The Bank!" -Andrew Jackson
    "I Killed The Bank Again!" -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by break4me View Post
    "The press is ignoring Ron Paul."...warm "That should also tell you something;"...warmer "they don't consider him to be a serious contender for the ultimate prize."....ice cold

Once again, Rush picks up the ball only to drop it 2 seconds later.
    I don't know, I think it was all positive. In context of the rest of the paragraph, Rush thinks that being anointed a serious candidate by the MSM is a bad thing.