Thread: Understand Ron Paul's Economics: MUST READ BOOK BY PAUL

Understand Ron Paul's Economics: MUST READ BOOK BY PAUL

Hey guys,

I just got Lew to upload Ron Paul's book on Mises and the Austrian school. PLEASE READ THIS and get it out to everyone you know! It's a very quick read and is really essential for the future regarding our understanding of economics. This book is many years old, but it's birthday on the internet is today! Post this around wherever you can! Read it and get informed about Ron Paul's understanding of economics, then impress your friends by being able to respond to questions about economics from the same perspective as RP.

http://www.mises.org/books/paulmises.pdf

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Andrew, you da man. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgreve View Post
    Hey guys,

I just got Lew to upload Ron Paul's book on Mises and the Austrian school. PLEASE READ THIS and get it out to everyone you know! It's a very quick read and is really essential for the future regarding our understanding of economics. This book is many years old, but it's birthday on the internet is today! Post this around wherever you can! Read it and get informed about Ron Paul's understanding of economics, then impress your friends by being able to respond to questions about economics from the same perspective as RP.

Here is a short writeup I just made that you should feel free to use when you're posting this around:

Understanding Paul's Economics

When people wake up to the reality of the economic problems created under the current system, they invariably ask themselves one question, "What are the alternatives?" The obvious response by many people these days is two words: Ron Paul. Many of us are familiar with Paul's favor of the free market over central planning. Well here is your chance to hear from Ron Paul himself, his views on the topic of the Austrian School of Economics and Ludwig von Mises, a prominent Austrian scholar.

I urge you to read this book, as it is essential to the dissemination of the economic philosophy underlying Paul's campaign. Regardless of the outcome of the election, the economic ideas advocated by Paul, as expressed in this short book, are vital to the establishment of a free society.

Educating ourselves and each other regarding true free market economics is an essential aspect of the information war because unless we understand what exactly the alternative to the current system is, we will remain in danger of repeating the same mistakes.

And now to the short, 24 page book:

Mises and the Austrian School: A Personal View by Ron Paul

Happy reading!

Thanks for the info, I always love a free ebook
    Never give up.

It's a hobby of mine to keep up with what is going on in our economy. The current state of voodoo economics will eventually be the ruin of us all. One of the many reasons I am for Ron Paul.

I've been searching for this book for a while now, thanks.

Its interesting how differently RP writes for a more intellectual audience. His reasons for endorsing the free market for moral and utilitarian reasons exactly mirror my own. Its a shame most of his weekly newsletters aren't this in-depth, but I can understand why he'd phrase his arguments differently in those.

Hey thanks a lot...i just down loaded it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I've been searching for this book for a while now, thanks.

Its interesting how differently RP writes for a more intellectual audience. His reasons for endorsing the free market for moral and utilitarian reasons exactly mirror my own. Its a shame most of his weekly newsletters aren't this in-depth, but I can understand why he'd phrase his arguments differently in those.
    I wish he would use this kind of language more often. I have seen almost all of his stuff and speeches, but I've never read any of his books like this. He is even more intelligent than I thought. Even if people didn't understand, they would probably realize how smart he was and be impressed.

Thanks Andrew! I have already bought 'The Case Against the Fed' but haven't got to it yet.
    "Masterful and arrogant wealth, created largely by Government protection of its profits, not content with its domination and influence within a single party, had sought to corrupt them both, and to that end had insinuated itself into the primaries, in order that no candidates might be nominated whose views were not in accord with theirs." (‘Colonel’ Edward Mandell House in 'Philip Dru: Administrator', circa 1912)

Excellent -- thanks for the link.

I've updated the Books section of the Ron Paul Library to include this free download instead of the older link where you had to buy the book.

FYI, the Books section in the library has all of Paul's books, four of which are free downloads.

Link: Ron Paul Library, Books
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

www.ronpaullibrary.org - More than 1,000 articles and speeches by Ron Paul

Wonderful! thank you RonPaulLibrary.

I was in Borders Bookstore yesterday (I know, but I needed a book right away) and out on display like deli meats I saw a couple Romney books (one for, one against I think - something about do we really want a mormon in the white house), a Ghouliani book with a horrible make up job on him on the cover, and an Obama book. Did not look hard enough for a Clinton book, but it was probably out on display somewhere.

Point being, we need to get a Ron Paul book in the book stores too. Free advertising.

Perhaps he could republish "Freedom Under Siege: The U.S. Constitution After 200 Years"

http://www.dailypaul.com/freedom-und...e-complete.pdf

with his smiling face on the cover. I think that is the most appropriate for his campaign, as it covers the most issues.

He has a newer book out than that. It's called, "A Foreign Policy of Freedom".

http://ronpaullibrary.org/books.php

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He has a newer book out than that. It's called, "A Foreign Policy of Freedom".

http://ronpaullibrary.org/books.php
    I know, but does it go over the borad range of issues like "Freedom Under Siege: The U.S. Constitution After 200 Years"

If it does, great. But we still need his smiling face on the cover. Face time. Recognition.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.