Thread: Of Obama, Oprah, and Ron on racism/groups

Post Of Obama, Oprah, and Ron on racism/groups

Hits it on the head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHRwAqxZ0g8

I dont like the new If you Google Ron Paul,
    cant get that song out of my head though

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    we can't assume she's endorsing him just because he's black.
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

I suspect it's because they're both based in Chicago. Chicago Democrats are always corrupt.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by james1906 View Post
    we can't assume she's endorsing him just because he's black.
    but you cant assume she isn't, she has never backed anyone else?

I can tell you I know many blacks that vote for him b/c he is part black just like many women vote for Hillary.

Its not good. There is no diligence in these decisions

Quote Originally Posted by rp08rp View Post
    Frankly, I think this is bull$#@!. I don't particularly like Oprah's politics, but Obama is her Senator. She thinks he's good and has chosen to support him. Why does it have to be because he's African-American?

Her support of him is not racist, but that video IS.

The truth of the matter is that there will just as many, if not more, people voting against him because they identify him as black (he's half-black/half-white but whatever) and because he has a arabic name with Hussein in the middle. That's the way people are.

I happen to think Oprah is entitled to back him even on basis of color. It's her choice, let's not thoughtcrime it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Frankly, I think this is bull$#@!. I don't particularly like Oprah's politics, but Obama is her Senator. She thinks he's good and has chosen to support him. Why does it have to be because he's African-American?

Disagree with you.
    Will Texans vote for Ron b/c he's from TX, is that a good reason?

You can't be so PC, would Oprah back Rod Blagojevich , the governor of IL if he ran?
    I highly doubt it.

Yet another horrible thread. Oprah can back whoever she likes. She's a TALK SHOW HOST, so stop hyperventilating and race-baiting.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing unusual about supporting your own race, its been going on for millenia.

Disagree with you.

You can't be so PC, would Oprah back Rod Blagojevich , the governor of IL if he ran?
    I highly doubt it.
    Not being PC. Just don't think there is an proof that she is promoting him because he is African-American. Even if she were, it's her right to support whomever she chooses to.

I don't really care who Oprah backs or why she backs them

People vote for politicians for various idiotic reasons. Whether it's based on race, where the candidate is from, which one is better looking, etc. Hell some people will vote for te politician's name that they see the most or who they think will win

Whether or not race influenced Oprah's decision, lets refrain from attacking others. We should be focusing on raising RP up, not bringing others down.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Yet another horrible thread. Oprah can back whoever she likes. She's a TALK SHOW HOST, so stop hyperventilating and race-baiting.
    well, I am not fully on board with this.

why? Oprah is an EXTREMELY popular public figure as denoted when she supports a "book" it becomes a BEST SELLER.

So, what you have is a public endorsement for NO OTHER reason that to "pander and get votes", else she would support him privately. There is ALWAYS an agenda.

See, the point is also -- you will not see any famous people come out FOR Ron Paul. I don't know, has Maher supported him or anyone else since that initial "wow, this guy is cool phase?"

I think there is a general directive to NOT show support for Ron, whereas that directive -- IN print and T.V is all FOR obama, Hillary or Giuliani..

Los Angeles times today had no Mention of Ron Paul and the article was about candidates butting heads on FOREIGN POLICY!!!!

So, to me.. she CAN support whomever she wants but I think a woman in her position should be a little more aware of the impact of said support.

On a side note, I read somewhere that OBAMAS books was sorta 'racist' -- can we get quotes on this for fodder "just in case".. others try to sling the "race stuff"

plenty of white people weren't into politics before ron paul, so are they only voting for him because he's white?

there's been plenty of black people who ran for president that oprah didn't come out and endorse. if anything, she could have endorsed him since many women find him attractive and women make up most of her audience. most women don't want to see pictures of ron paul shirtless on the beach.
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post

why? Oprah is an EXTREMELY popular public figure as denoted when she supports a "book" it becomes a BEST SELLER.

So, what you have is a public endorsement for NO OTHER reason that to "pander and get votes", else she would support him privately. There is ALWAYS an agenda.

See, the point is also -- you will not see any famous people come out FOR Ron Paul. I don't know, has Maher supported him or anyone else since that initial "wow, this guy is cool phase?"

I think there is a general directive to NOT show support for Ron, whereas that directive -- IN print and T.V is all FOR obama, Hillary or Giuliani..

Los Angeles times today had no Mention of Ron Paul and the article was about candidates butting heads on FOREIGN POLICY!!!!

So, to me.. she CAN support whomever she wants but I think a woman in her position should be a little more aware of the impact of said support.

On a side note, I read somewhere that OBAMAS books was sorta 'racist' -- can we get quotes on this for fodder "just in case".. others try to sling the "race stuff"

AGREED

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post

She's a citizen. She can support whoever she wants. The fact that she's a public figure doesn't change the fact that she has just as much right as you to support someone.

Robert Novak has had good things to say. Lew Rockwell. Barry Manilow gave him some cash monies. People are free to support whoever they want. This is a free country.

Yeah, well, of course that's the case. They have the highest name recognition and the best polling. That's just the way it goes.

It sure is a good thing so many people here sent all that hate mail when the L.A. Times ran an article on Ron Paul! We sure showed them!

/sarcasm

Bah. Forget that. If I was a celebrity, I'd still be just as passionate about my support for MY preferred candidate, and I wouldn't even think of considering the impact of said support.

Hahaha, what?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Some reasons...

Two reasons she might support him, both legitimate.

1) He's not just black. Whether you think he's inexperienced or not, Obama's fresh presence, brilliant oratory, and generally positive outlook has at attracted millions of voters (and donors), many more of them white than not.

2) He's black. You might think that race is an ugly form of collectivism as RP has said, but lots of people think race is real (white supremacists and everyday non-whites included). While some people abhor other races, many simply are proud to see them, after battling for decades, gain the same social standing as others have had over time. I think surely for Oprah there is a deep pride that a man who would have been a slave 150 years ago, who would have been enslaved with her, now has a legit chance of being president of the U.S. You can call that fallacious thinking (error by generalization), but I would bet that Oprah and many others see a category here that is entirely appropriate. After all, it wasn't exactly individualist thinking that brought 'black' slaves here by the hundreds and hundreds of thousands. Again, you can think that is false logic and that true equality won't be achieved until the idea of race is absent from at least politics, but I think Oprah would tell you that she'll consider forgetting about race, but not a day until she sees a dark-skinned man or a dark-skinned woman leading this country.
    Last edited by jorlowitz; 07-29-2007 at 04:32 PM.
    -"Ron Paul has no alarm clock, but instead wakes every morning to the call of freedom" -RonPaulFacts.com

Just look at Obama's MySpace page and see who the majority of the people that support him are.
    “We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.”

Quote Originally Posted by JPFromTally View Post
    Just look at Obama's MySpace page and see who the majority of the people that support him are.
    Looks like all races to me.

just like many women vote for Hillary.
    I know just as many women who would never vote for Hillary just because of the way she acted when her husband was cheating on her. My Mom hates Hillary Clinton's guts. Probably twice as much as any of you do.

Disagree with you.

I highly doubt it.
    They did for years. Which is why he kept getting re-elected.

If he had gotten the Presidential nomination? Absolutely. Chester Cheeto got the Texan vote because he is a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

Look at that, I found something I agree with LE on!

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Look at that, I found something I agree with LE on!
    ....and it's gone (she probably has changed her mind)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPFromTally View Post
    The communist race .