Thread: First Signs of Trouble (local news story about our signs)

First Signs of Trouble (local news story about our signs)

Well hey, they say any press is good press! Some of our local meetup (including, ahem, yours truly) go a little overboard on getting the word out about our guy. Hey with the MSM the way they are, we've GOT to do things a little differently. Anyway, we are communicating to all of our members that these signs need to stay on private property. I'm told by one of our members who has run for local public office before that putting signs on vacant property usually is no problem at all. Here in Bay county, you only have two places on the side of the road to put a sign... in the right of way (illegal), or on private property. There is no special zone in between.

Anyhow, at least our signs got in front of a LOT more people, thanks to our local paper (who's editor happens to be a Ron Paul supporter who spoke at our rally in November).

==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

The lesser of two evils (insert your choice here - Obama or McCain) IS STILL EVIL. Just say NO to evil!

Live Free (or else you really don't live).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good job!

With the MSM doing what they are doing, I don't see a problem with placing signs in "questionable" locations.

Lol, what a joke. They are just hating, put up more signs..

LOL! more more more signs!! this is a great way for FREE publicity

Quote Originally Posted by quantized View Post
    LOL! more more more signs!! this is a great way for FREE publicity
    Look, morons, this is not the type of publicity Ron Paul needs or wants. Before you put up signs, find out what the rules are in your city and follow them. The campaign gets fined for every sign that violates city regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter8008 View Post
    Look, morons, this is not the type of publicity Ron Paul needs or wants. Before you put up signs, find out what the rules are in your city and follow them. The campaign gets fined for every sign that violates city regulations.
    False. If this was the case lets go put rudy signs up all over the place so we can drain his bank account!

Love it!!!
    www.StandAndUnite.com
    Here's a very advanced, stealthy, yet simple way to spread the word of freedom, peace, prosperity and Dr. Paul!

"247 Gas Saving Tips to Help Save Gas, Pay Less for Gas & Get More Miles Per Gallon 24/7!"
    Affiliates earn 100% commissions for every $7 membership they refer!

"I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul
    FreeStateProject.org
    "I'm not only a friend, I'm also a member!" -- Alex Hunter

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guymontag View Post
    False. If this was the case lets go put rudy signs up all over the place so we can drain his bank account!
    I'm taking the middle path on this one guys lol.

I want to comply with the codes so as not to give Ron Paul a bad name. On the other hand, I'm willing to do a LOT of "gray area" things that will bring more name recognition (especially a day or two before the primary, hint hint).
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

The lesser of two evils (insert your choice here - Obama or McCain) IS STILL EVIL. Just say NO to evil!

True. The punks who are too selfish to consider the importance of public opinion are tanking this campaign.

It's ironic that a campaign with such a huge internet following engages in more spam than any campaign in history. I was in NH for two weeks and the locals hated our spamming. They showed it in the primary too.

Quote Originally Posted by phree View Post
    True. The punks who are too selfish to consider the importance of public opinion are tanking this campaign.

It's ironic that a campaign with such a huge internet following engages in more spam than any campaign in history. I was in NH for two weeks and the locals hated our spamming. They showed it in the primary too.
    THAT'S why I'm so torn! Can we depend on the MSM to promote Ron Paul like they promote John McCain? Please.

"Guerrilla Marketing" was a great book on marketing that I read many years ago. It is still applicable today. But it must be used with temperance. We can't just do anything we want. We have to appeal to a broad spectrum of people, and yet we have to have our message delivered to them or else all is in vain.

Take the middle path! Don't look too revolutionary. Look mainstream. But get the word out nonetheless, because the MSM won't do it for us. They give millions of dollars of publicity to the other guys, and exclude our guy. That is a crime in my opinion.

Time is short. Get the word out, but do it respectfully.
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

I really do not like the headline of the article.
    "Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. A few have, and others will continue to do so, but too many— both in and out of government—close their eyes." Ron Paul

Not false, moron. Here's just one example, that oh, by the way, includes the threat of jail time in addition to a fine:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...50108signs.htm

Here's another example:

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_ci...01005sign4.asp

and another:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A9_hLitt11578

Quote Originally Posted by silence is betrayal View Post
    I really do not like the headline of the article.
    Neither do I. But it is what it is.

And we are going to clean up our act in Bay County, but we are still going to be heard damn it! Our signs are going up and they will be seen. Especially just prior to primary day.
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

Not false, moron.
    No need for name calling.

United we stand, divided we fall.

I'm sick of Ron Paul people calling other Ron Paul people names. Just spit out your opinion and keep the name calling to a minimum, please???
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

Thumbs down

Not false, moron. Here's just one example, that oh, by the way, includes the threat of jail time in addition to a fine:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...50108signs.htm

Here's another example:

http://www.post-gazette.com/neigh_ci...01005sign4.asp

and another:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A9_hLitt11578
    Moron? Yes there are laws. Yes there are fines.

But please PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS THAT A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE'S NATIONWIDE CAMPAIGN WILL BE FINED FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE GRASS ROOTS IN ONE CITY OUT OF THE THOUSANDS OF CITIES IN AMERICA??? I mean calling me a moron and then linking some articles about a few LOCAL campaigns getting fined makes me want to run for fascist dictator of the world just so I can make it so you can never EVER be on the internet again. If you read the articles you linked you might have noticed that it was all local campaigns that admitted they did it. Again, we could put up Huckabee signs all over the world, annoy everyone and break his bank account with city fines. Get real you loser.

I think I'm going to spray paint WALMART on the side of SEARS tonight so my local walmart will have to pay to remove it and be charged with vandalism.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phree View Post

Yeah, this mentality is exactly what will bring us down too...people need to seriously lighten up. They'll be sorry down the road.

Moron?
    I'm sure he didn't mean to call you nor any other Ron Paul supporter a moron. Just the heat of the moment.

Let's all get along, shall we? We have a huge battle ahead of us to win.
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

Quote Originally Posted by beachmaster View Post
    I'm sure he didn't mean to call you nor any other Ron Paul supporter a moron. Just the heat of the moment.

Let's all get along, shall we? We have a huge battle ahead of us to win.
    Indeed! With that said I loved the signs and the article. And to the people who dont like it and say that its "hurting the movement", I'm sure you would have thought the Boston Tea Party was immature and hurtful of the movement as well. I just know a lot of people are working hard and I'm kinda burnt out on seeing all the whining and debating over what is right and wrong for the "movement". Good work yo.

Oh, COME. ON.....

I have seen illegal signs for YEARS in my district which block traffic views etc. Now we see this crap, with the ripped Ron Paul sign as a method of sending a visual message. Let's examine this a bit here, knowing what we know now about media consolidation and manipulation...

1) Article by Jeremy Morrison, whose other fine work includes "Electronic Billboards Okay". see: http://www.newsherald.com/headlines/...lay.php?id=348

2) News Herald is owned by Gannett Corporation.

Gannett Company (NYSE: GCI) is one of the largest and most influential media companies in the United States.

It is the leading U.S. newspaper publisher as measured by total daily circulation. Its assets include the national newspaper USA Today, and the weekly USA Weekend. The company also has significant broadcast television holdings, including over 20 TV stations.

Newsquest plc, a British subsidiary of Gannett, is the UK's second largest publisher of local and regional newspapers. Gannett also has operations in continental Europe and Asia.

The company was founded in 1906 by Frank Gannett as a newspaper business. It owns one-third equity in CareerBuilder, an online recuiting resource.

Craig Dubow is the current CEO of Gannett Company, Inc..

Gannett also holds a 25% interest in Topix.net, an automated online news aggregation service, which it acquired in March 2005. At the same time, Knight-Ridder and Tribune Company each acquired 25% of Topix.net.

Gannett had total sales of $7.38 billion in 2004.
    Contact Information
    Web Site: www.gannett.com
    Email: gcishare@info.gannett.com
    Telephone: 703.854.6000
    Address: 7950 Jones Branch Drive
    McLean VA 22107
    USA

No need for name calling.

United we stand, divided we fall.
    Fair enough. This is just the latest in a string of incidents where some in our midst don't think of the consequences their actions have on the campaign and I'm getting just a bit frustrated about it -- can you tell?

Actions speak far louder than words. You can say you support Ron Paul all you want, but if, in the name of help, you actually harm, then your actions speak for themselves . . .

Well hey, they say any press is good press! Some of our local meetup (including, ahem, yours truly) go a little overboard on getting the word out about our guy. Hey with the MSM the way they are, we've GOT to do things a little differently. Anyway, we are communicating to all of our members that these signs need to stay on private property. I'm told by one of our members who has run for local public office before that putting signs on vacant property usually is no problem at all. Here in Bay county, you only have two places on the side of the road to put a sign... in the right of way (illegal), or on private property. There is no special zone in between.

Anyhow, at least our signs got in front of a LOT more people, thanks to our local paper (who's editor happens to be a Ron Paul supporter who spoke at our rally in November).

Could we please see the rest of the article? - I was reading that...

thanks,

-n

News Herald is pwned by Gannett Inc. It is *not* a local newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by thehittgirl View Post
    Yeah, this mentality is exactly what will bring us down too...people need to seriously lighten up. They'll be sorry down the road.
    Lighten up about what? People that don't know how to behave in public wrecking the campaign of a hero?

I don't think I'll be "lightening up" about that anytime soon honey.
    Last edited by phree; 01-21-2008 at 08:43 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Could we please see the rest of the article? - I was reading that...

thanks,

-n
    You bet...

==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_Forever View Post
    News Herald is pwned by Gannett Inc. It is *not* a local newspaper.
    However, the editor, a local guy, actually IS a Ron Paul supporter. Let me find the op/ed piece where he shouts it from the rooftop. His column was the prior day's speech at our November 17th rally in the park.

I think he ok'd this story because it actually gives us some attention for the better. After all, they interviewed our guy and let him make a case for our side of the story. They didn't interview any Huckabee people to let them explain themselves, even though the article mentions that there are Huckabee signs too (not any I've seen.... I've seen a lot of Romney signs though, all of which I've seen are in violation of the codes). And the story makes clear that all do it. We were just lucky enough to get our signs seen by all the readers of the paper. Many people will just remember the visual, "Ron Paul, President", and not remember the story. Many might not read the story, just see the picture on the front page of the Local/State section. So over all, we here locally think it actually does us more good than harm.

Or maybe Gannet made him run the story, I don't know. Just don't flood him with negative emails ok? He definitely is on our side. I've spoken with him in person, and based on his columns that I read every Sunday, I told him he'd make a great VP for Ron Paul.
    Last edited by beachmaster; 01-20-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

dont put it on private property

it's that simple

I love how they do the story on Ron Paul signs and not Romney or McCain or Hackabee.

Keep putting the signs up ppl! This is just another attempt to smear.

Key paragraph is the second to the last one. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    dont put it on private property

it's that simple
    The article states that they were placed on a public right of way.