Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation Maine

Operation Maine

hey,

Can we get a listing of some major newspapers in Maine, AND please list the top three concerns that exist in Maine among republicans..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Economy, War and Immigration, same as everyone else. Immigration takes a small backseat to the others as we do not see as much up here (but there is some).

Ron Paul can win Maine if there is enough effort put into the State. Maine always backs the "odd man out". Perot and Stockdale *beat* Bush and Quayle in '92 *and* Bush lives up here part time. Elected an Independent Governor before the current one. Mainers like voting out-of-the-box.

There are a lot of Ron Paul supporters up around here. I have always been disappointed in the lack of attention from the RP HQ. Nobody is paying the State any attention, it used to be "As Maine goes, so goes the Nation"

The Portland Press Herald, Bangor Daily News and some others: See the list here: http://www.mainepress.org/
    Last edited by Doctuh; 01-20-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Portland Press Herald is one of the biggest souther maine
    http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/home.html

Northern maine: Bangor Daily News
    http://www.bangordailynews.com/

central maine:
    http://www.sunjournal.com/

economy. Small business issues.
    Last edited by ItsTime; 01-20-2008 at 01:54 PM.

I think the war is major issue up here. Tons of hippies running around. I see war protests during the summer in the town i live in.

Economy will be a big issue as well. Tons of fishermen/lobstermen all over the coast and from what i hear the fishing the lobster has not been the best this season. Scallops have been about average. Trying to find a job in the winter is also a pain in the ass because a lot of the businesses close down until the terrorist...oppps i mean tourists come for vacation. My ol' was jobless for 3 months. She got lucky and beat out 5 others for a job that pays $9 and hour.

Immigration like every place else. I dont think they have migrated up here as much because it might be to cold for them (just an observation but i see a couple every now and then). But I am pretty confident that they are unwelcome up here more so then other states. People up here call me a flatlander cause im not from maine. I could only imagine what they call illegals.

who wants to be the Main coordinator getting some ads coordinated for Main and such?

We need some grassroots money, for sure. Let me know what I can do....

Radio ads would be good too...especially emphasizing the upcoming caucus and how people who want good jobs to come back to Maine should vote for Dr. Paul.

steve,
    why don't you head this up?

Can you get me a script for radio or find an ad, and perhaps we can start trying to push the grassroots there a bit... what do you think? What markets?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I would try to go balls to the wall grassroots, folks, while accepting materiel and literature from HQs throughout the state. HQ e-mail communication is good, but I gave up trying to get somebody on the horn to find out what the hours of operation were on Saturday to help out. Any 5-10 people from Maine interested interested in going in on 10-20% of the cost of a "village/town/city"-sized order of disc 2 from ronpauldvd.com with me and others please PM me with your e-mail address so we can coordinate and lump them into grassroots literature drops if the droppers want to accept them.

Also, does anybody think it would be a good idea to send out Ron Paul campaign videos like the short 10 minute one from RonPaulDVDBomb.com to Elks/Lions/Rotary/Mason/lodge meetings/clubs? A lot of those old guys get really political and love America and boy do they talk since many of them are retired. Could be an easy sell (if they have a DVD player at the lodge of course).
    Last edited by GadsdenFlag; 01-20-2008 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Update verbiage and clarification

I could write a beautiful script, but it wouldn't be effective without Dr. Paul's voice. So, I guess we need to do the next best thing and find somebody else's ad that has his voice in it. I am on dialup and it is very hard for me to download or listen to large files...

Anybody out there????

Hello????

stevemartin,

perhaps you can coordinate the Maine Meetups -- we need that 1st or 2nd...

Perhaps the meetups can find a nice plan of action ---

REMEMBER, IF you can coordinate we can set up a call4paul program for Maine - you get the chipin up and some volunteers for phone calls - we can contact 100,000's

let me know.

Well, I was at the grand opening of the Bangor HQ last night and brought back 100 signs for "the county" and got half of them up already (an 8-hour odyssey). I know Ken Lindell pretty well (the newly-announced state coordinator) and also his assistant, Sunny.

I will be able to work with them. They are nice people, and more competent (I think) than what we had in Michigan. No need to do parallel work up here, I don't believe.

Supposedly, we'll even be getting radio and TV up here.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am gathering quotes this morning for Ken Lindell for a media buy for the top 1/3 of the state. Radio (3 stations..6 total with repeaters) and WAGM-TV in Presque Isle.

I know down here in the southern 1/3 of the state we've had quite a bit of radio ads already (WHOM, WOKQ/WPKQ, WPOR, WUBB, WBLM to name a few) though most of these stations had signifigant signal coverage into NH (WHOM, WUBB and WOKQ/WPKQ especially)

Its good to know that there is going to be spots even wayyy up there in the county Maybe print up some "Moose for Ron Paul" stickers too...but in all seriousness, its great to see that the campaign knows that Maine doesn't end when you go past Freeport.

Let's carry the Arostook Country!

Kittery

I'm from Mass, but I think I'm going to head up to Kittery tomorrow to hand out some literature. (Maybe some Ron Paul Gun Rights slim jims at the Trading Post). I don't have many left, but every one could make a difference. If anybody's in the area, come down with whatever you have. I'll be there fairly early. Hope to see some of you there.

I live in Aroostook county. I doubt our caucus will have a very high turnout. I think we'll be able to take Central Aroostook county on Feb 2nd. I've never voted in the Maine caucus before, but I highly doubt there will be very many people there. There are absolutely 0 political signs up in my neck of the woods. I haven't seen one for any candidate Rep or Dem. I'll be bringing 4 or 5 people myself, and I have a friend who will be bringing some people. That might be enough to win it here.

Dont let the lack of signs fool you - the Romney people came out voting day here in Nevada and all tried to be delegates as well. Lets hpoe they do not carry through tough - we have our county convention next month.

Here in nevada I canvasssed so many precincts handing out slim jims, I was out every weekend. Boots on the ground Maine, I think thats what helped here in Nevada. And its easy - if you dont want to talk to people, at least leave slim jims on their doors - no other candidate does that either. People see that only Ron Paul cares to get info out.

Good luck Maine!

Quote Originally Posted by jenkoolkat View Post
    Dont let the lack of signs fool you - the Romney people came out voting day here in Nevada and all tried to be delegates as well. Lets hpoe they do not carry through tough - we have our county convention next month.

Good luck Maine!
    True about the signs. I actually haven't seen many from any candidate. But didnt Romney spend a lot of time and money in Nevada.

Here in Maine i have not seen or heard one commercial on TV or the Radio. Other than the few RP signs i saw my first other candidate sign and that was for Kunicich in Portland today and i live 2 hours from there. I doubt most people know the caucuses are right around the corner really.

When I went to Caucus training that was held in Belfast a few weeks ago i think there were about 18 people there. At least 12 of them were from our Meetup group. The other six were unknown.

I think Maine will be interesting. I am making zero predictions right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bkreigh View Post
    True about the signs. I actually haven't seen many from any candidate. But didnt Romney spend a lot of time and money in Nevada.

Here in Maine i have not seen or heard one commercial on TV or the Radio. Other than the few RP signs i saw my first other candidate sign and that was for Kunicich in Portland today and i live 2 hours from there. I doubt most people know the caucuses are right around the corner really.

When I went to Caucus training that was held in Belfast a few weeks ago i think there were about 18 people there. At least 12 of them were from our Meetup group. The other six were unknown.

I think Maine will be interesting. I am making zero predictions right now.
    I agree. I've been asking around to see if people know about the caucus on Feb 2nd. And I have yet to hear anyone say that they know about it. I don't think anyone really cares up here in the North, so I think we should do quite well in my area. Most people here are democrats anyway, even I was, until I changed to vote for RP this summer.

If you only had 18 people in Belfast, I'm sure we won't have that many more in Presque Isle. I'm guessing 25 or so.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by gagnonstudio View Post
    If you only had 18 people in Belfast, I'm sure we won't have that many more in Presque Isle. I'm guessing 25 or so.
    A few of those people drove from a hour away! We will see what happens. I think most people are more interested in the Super Bowl. Go Giants.

"We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I say to myself, That man is a Red, that man is a Communist. You never hear a real American talk like that" -- Frank "I Am The Law" Hague, Mayor of Jersey City 1917-1947

When I was home over winter break I heard only Ron Paul ads on the radio, and saw democratic ads on tv. Also, July 3rd, I managed to run into some other RP supporters putting up info downtown for the great RP overnighter. My dad is involved in a lot of the local politics and I know most of the people helping RP up there, he seems to think we'll do quite well up there.
    Last edited by Veritas Vos Liberabit; 10-25-2011 at 07:46 PM.

I am sure people would donate if someone up in Maine does the grunt work up there.

Well i heard a couple Ron Paul ads during Glen Beck and Rush. They guy that was driving is not a RP fan at all i stopped wasting my time with him. It will take him a couple more years to wake up. We brought up a few good issues. We mostly laughed at McCain. That is something we agree on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast