Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under "brokered Convention" We Can Make It

Exclamation Under "brokered Convention" We Can Make It

With the idea of brokered convention it is conceivable that Ron Paul could make it to the end (November). With several of the republicans possibly dropping out due to financial reasons, and the constant struggle of winning delicates (Huckaboob in Iowa, McCwar in New Hampshire, Mitslick in Michigan, and with Ron Paul consistently in 3 & 4th place), it is feasible we could make it to the presidential campaign.

Brokered Convention: A brokered convention refers to a situation in United States politics where there are not enough delegates obtained during the presidential primary and caucus process for a single candidate to obtain a majority for the presidential nominating convention. Since no candidates receive enough votes on the first ballot to win the nomination, the convention is brokered through political horse-trading and multiple ballots.

We just have to continue the support at all costs! People are tired of the status quo and are willing to hear the message, we just need time and this is the time were looking for.

Please pass the idea of BROKERED CONVENTION around! We need to renew the support in the grassroots efforts. We’ve made it this far, but we can make it farther. Let people know, for the hope of the campaign, for the support of Ron Paul, and for the grassroots effort of the MLK Money bomb.

Brokered Convention is possible!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Question about brokered convention:
    To win will we have to then accept one of the MSM's frontrunners as our VP?
    That's the only thing that would make me fear for Dr Paul's safety, having a CFR guy as his VP

Looks like McCain is going to win in S.C. This might give him enough momentum to defeat Giuliani in Florida and then it's basically a 2 man race between McCain and Romney.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    Looks like McCain is going to win in S.C. This might give him enough momentum to defeat Giuliani in Florida and then it's basically a 2 man race between McCain and Romney.
    And us... at the brokered convention.
    Want to help Dr. Paul's campaign? Canvass! Learn how at http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/
    Want to coordinate your canvassing? Become a Precinct Leader! http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/
    Rough Draft: Final Notice of Fiscal Burden
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92802
    JPEG Graphic of Final Notice of Fiscal Burden http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96659

Someone said you had to come in first in a primary to even qualify to be in a brokered convention. I do not know much about it, but it may be true..

You must get the majority of delegates in five states (win five states) to even be CONSIDERED for the nomination.

Brokered or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobarra View Post
    And us... at the brokered convention.
    My point was that there likely won't be a brokered convention if McCain steamrolls through S.C. and Florida, setting him up nicely for Feb. 5th. If Huckabee wins, it's anybody's guess but Ron Paul needs to actually win something before you go crowning him the winner of a brokered convention.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

It is unlikely, but it is possible. So I suggest all RP supporters start showing some loyalty and respect to the GOP. It's up to you guys of course..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fmontez View Post
    It is unlikely, but it is possible. So I suggest all RP supporters start showing some loyalty and respect to the GOP. It's up to you guys of course..
    So I suggest to all GOP supporters start showing some loyalty and respect to the Ron Paul campaign and supporters. It's all up to you guys of course.

I think either way, were going to spin off as our own party... and the GOP will crumble away.

How are the rules for a brokered convention made?

Even if Ron Paul did win 5 states (AK and HI are real possibilities), could the GOP could change the rules and raise the requirement to 6 states?

I'm hearing a lot of negativity here??

I was firmly behind this strategy until last night when we learned of the GOP shenanigans in NV. I have lost total respect for my former party and want to run as far and fast as I possibly can to get away from them. They are the very face of crime and corruption. I just kept deluding myself that the Bushies were out of touch with the party. It is the party that is out of touch with humanity.

For those reasons, I respectfully disagree. I am ASHAMED to have ever hitched my wagon to the Republican party.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redcard View Post
    You must get the majority of delegates in five states (win five states) to even be CONSIDERED for the nomination.

Brokered or otherwise.
    Not many people realize this.

Lets just FOCUS ON THE GOAL NO PREDICTIONS JUST KEEP PLUGGING AWAY REMEMBER

WE MUST BREAK THE DAMM!!!

as I understand it the rules apply only to the 1st ballot; after that they can pick anyone, even someone not even a candidate. could be Condi, Jeb, Graham, Chaney. or Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    as I understand it the rules apply only to the 1st ballot; after that they can pick anyone, even someone not even a candidate.
    That is not correct.
    The rules "binding" delegates are set by the states: some do not bind their delegates at all, some bind them for the first number of votes (one, two or three), some bind until released.

In addition, as we have discussed on this forum in the National Convention subforum, there are eligibility requirements by the RNC that must be met in order to be nominated. One rule stipulates that one must win the majority of delegates in five states.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    That is not correct.
    The rules "binding" delegates are set by the states: some do not bind their delegates at all, some bind them for the first number of votes (one, two or three), some bind until released.

In addition, as we have discussed on this forum in the National Convention subforum, there are eligibility requirements by the RNC that must be met in order to be nominated. One rule stipulates that one must win the majority of delegates in five states.
    Is there a possibility that the applicable rules can be suspended or changed at the national convention???
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

Is that of the Voting delegates AT the convention? I mean say it goes to a third round and 3 states swing to a new candidate.... does that count? or is based on placing in primary/caucus?

a while back i reserved brokeredconvention.com
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Is that of the Voting delegates AT the convention? I mean say it goes to a third round and 3 states swing to a new candidate.... does that count? or is based on placing in primary/caucus?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=47114

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79554

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=47018
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

You people are so deluded. There is essentially NO CHANCE of Ron winning the GOP nomination, brokered convention or not. The GOP will never endorse a candidate who wants to be fiscally responsible and who doesn't want war.

Leaving the GOP is the best thing he could do. It will cause the GOP to realize that conservatives are PISSED at them, and it will cost them the Whitehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend View Post
    You people are so deluded. There is essentially NO CHANCE of Ron winning the GOP nomination, brokered convention or not. The GOP will never endorse a candidate who wants to be fiscally responsible and who doesn't want war.

Leaving the GOP is the best thing he could do. It will cause the GOP to realize that conservatives are PISSED at them, and it will cost them the Whitehouse.
    Wow your such a positive person... I'm glad you're on our side. Instead of thinking of solutions you're just pointing out the problem. I've always said this is the best way to solve the world's problems.

Want to make a big impact? Organize a peace festival.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...83#post1014183

We need to unite America.
    Please click my tattoo shop: Gulfport Tattoo so that my search rankings go up! Thank YOU!

Ahhh, the irony.
    -The first thing I hope the Ron Paul administration does is announce Fox News' exclusion from the White House press corps.

-To see one of the best reasons to vote for Ron Paul, click here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=29848

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend View Post

I agree with you 100%. Unless there is a possibility that Ron could be a kingmaker and insist on the VP slot with Romney (and only Romney... the others I could not support for various reasons). But that is incredibly unlikely. The odds on that are like winning the lottery, because so many factors would have to work out JUST RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantchange View Post
    Wow your such a positive person... I'm glad you're on our side. Instead of thinking of solutions you're just pointing out the problem. I've always said this is the best way to solve the world's problems.
    The guy is simply pointing out the truth. The GOP is headed down the drain right now, and they have treated Ron like a disease.

I think if Paul can keep up the momentum, and win 5 states, by the time RNC comes around things that are happening in the world will influence delegates to turning to him. The economy is going to get pretty bad. Also the people are beginning to awaken, granted, very slowly, but its happening. Keep spreading the message.

That is not correct.

So what happens when 4 candidates are so close that none of them get any simple majority of any state? No one gets to participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    So what happens when 4 candidates are so close that none of them get any simple majority of any state? No one gets to participate?
    States determine their rule for allocating delegates. Some states are winner-take-all by state (including DC, yes, I know, we're not a state). Others are winner-take-all by CD and AL.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79554

As you've seen already, Romney won nearly all of the WY, MI and NV delegates already. McCain won a majority in NH and SC. Most states, because of their rules, will give a majority of delegates to the winner.

While it's possible there could be a brokered convention, it's unlikely. It would be less likely that Dr. Paul could win one. At this rate, he would be ineligible to be nominated--unless we start pulling out some wins.
    digg.com/d315eji

If winning the whitehouse on the top of the ticket is our goal, then a brokered convention will always end negatively for us.

Do you really think the party would allow Ron to be their nominee unless they were forced too?

Ron will always been the odd man out in the convention. The neocons will gang up and prevent a libertarian takeover of the party.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast