Thread: Google Censors Ron Paul search results

Google Censors Ron Paul search results

OUTRAGE!!!

I have been following Ron Paul's progress with great interest. Im not a Citizen of the United States, i live in Denmark, and even here, people talk about this new hope, across the sea... But im not getting to the point of this post, here it is:

Earlyer today i saw a discussion online about the amount of search results generated by Google, when typing in the names of the presidential candidates, including Ron Paul. Now that discussion listed 44 million+ results for Ron Paul, compared to Barack Obama's 2,3 million results.
    At that time i checked the results using google, and found them to be correct.

But then something strange started happening....

I did the search for Ron Paul again 2-3 hours later, wanting to see a rise in the number of results (well hopeing anyway..) but was SHOCKED to see that the number had gone DOWN to only 24,1 million results for Ron Paul.

Now this started me thinking- Did someone at google pick up on the discussion about Ron Pauls amazing internet success, illustrated so clearly by their own pride and joy, the google search engine, and decide to do something about it?

Currently the Ron Paul search on Google reveals 23,4 million results... and dropping....

Now, i dont have the skills, but i think some screenshots compiled to a YouTube video is in order to expose this latest attempt at altering reality, and censorship.

I have been unable to find the link for the original discussion i refer to, but its out there, so if anyone knows, please post it. I will keep looking also, but not right now

Matthew from DK.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just searched google for ron paul. 42 millions hits. Conspiracy averted!

I cant belive this

it seems like americans are living in communist china. So much of what we hear is being filtered through the media but I never thought I would see censorship on google. These huge corporations are controling our country and we need to fight back.

Ron and Paul are much more common words then Rudy Giuliani

I think google is trying to be more precise in narrowing results and bringing you information about Ron Paul as opposed to:

PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung), Austria - 20 minutes ago
    Kerry, Ron and Paul are all experienced leaders at MSA with diverse and broad backgrounds, and I look forward to working with each of them in their new ...

or

Morrison and MySpace Track Registered Sex Offenders
    Associated Content, CO - 2 hours ago
    ... written by Ron Sylvester, writer for The Wichita Eagle, MySpace agreed to turn over a list of sex offenders to Kansas Attorney General Paul Morrison. ...

Hmm, well i still get 23,4 million results. I sure do hope i am the only one getting this wierd result of a dropping number. If that is the case i stand corrected. Or perhaps this is only an issue on the danish/international sub-domains of Google.

I'm getting 45 million results.. but I think it is because Ron and Paul are such frequent names. Any page that has both of those terms in it will be in the results, regardless of whether they are actually talking about the Ron Paul we all know and love. However, the names Barack and Obama probably only appear together on a page actually about Barack Obama. That is why Paul has so many more google hits, for a more realistic search google "Ron Paul", that way the first and last names have to be together.

As far as experiencing different results, I would doubt google is censoring him. There datacenters are so huge it would be very hard for them to pick out Ron Paul articles to be removed. The changes you are experiencing are probably because it is in the process of updating, so sometimes when you search you will get old datacenter results and sometimes you will get the new ones which probably have more results. I believe its called the "google dance".

Numbers on Google are very dynamic. I doubt that it is a planned event against RP.

Yes, i see now that i jumped to conclusions.

I should have searched for: "Ron Paul" not simply: Ron Paul

And besides, its sounds very logical that shifting numbers can be due to updates, and old data being showed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Google fight has him at 21,100,000
    Obama is at 2,470,000
    http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...2=barack+obama

When I actually do a google search I get 2,360,000

Quote Originally Posted by the man with the plan View Post
    it seems like americans are living in communist china. So much of what we hear is being filtered through the media but I never thought I would see censorship on google. These huge corporations are controling our country and we need to fight back.
    People in China know full well their press is censored and what is shown is propaganda. The genius of the Amercian system is that people really don't even think they're being fed propaganda.
    "If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will Lose its freedom: and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too."

- William Somerset Maugham

Quote Originally Posted by cujothekitten View Post
    Google fight has him at 21,100,000
    Obama is at 2,470,000
    http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...2=barack+obama

When I actually do a google search I get 2,360,000
    When i Google-fight "Ron Paul" and "Barack Obama" Ron wins it, 2,3 million results vs. 2,06 million results

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...arack+obama%22

When you type the words ron paul into Google without quotes around them, you will pull up any website that contains both the words "ron" and "paul" but not necessarily "ron paul" as a phrase. So a page the mentions Ron Jeremy and Paul Wolfowitz would be included in the 47 million results.

To find out how many websites actually include the phrase "ron paul" you need to put quotes around your search.

So, ron paul without quotes brings up 47 million results.

"Ron Paul" with quotes brings up 2,460,000 sites.

"Barack Obama" with quotes brings up 2,130,000

So ... there are more websites mentioning "Ron Paul" than "Barack Obama."

There are 3,530,000 mentioned "Hillary Clinton" which isn't that much considering she's been in the public eye much longer than either of them.

Mitt Romney has 2,390,000

Keep in mind that Google uses hundreds of different servers that are being updated every day. As new sites are added they do not register on all servers at once. When you go to Google.com, you are served up one of their servers at random and therefore might have different results every time you search.

I just got 47,000,000.

Interestingly, when I typed in "Barack Osama" it takes me to O/b/a/m/a links.

Barack who?!
    "I pledge allegiance to my flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Religion divides humanity. Country enforces that division. Faith, nationalism and pride are the drugs of choice.

Google Video has re-imposed a crass censorship policy to intentionally stifle the growth of Alex Jones' Terror Storm documentary and prevent it from reaching tens of millions of people by covertly editing viewer statistics and blocking the film from entering its popular categories.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/...torm_again.htm

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

The average American does not realize what is being shoved down their throat. So much of the news is opinion and not fact. I watch fox news just to catch their propoganda bull$#@!. What is amazing to me is that most americans are blind to this media subjectivity, including my own parents who are avid fox news viewers. The younger generation has taken to the internet to get their news.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    When i Google-fight "Ron Paul" and "Barack Obama" Ron wins it, 2,3 million results vs. 2,06 million results

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...arack+obama%22
    Quotes make all the difference

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.