Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Run for Congress

HOW TO: Run for Congress

we need to get as many people in congress as possible

http://ask.metafilter.com/28127/How-...n-for-Congress

any other resources post in this thread. I fyou plan on running join the Liberty independence Alliance and make a group for your congressional district. If we can get every district organized our power will be unstoppable.

http://LIbertyia.ning.com
    Alex Merced - A Champion of Freedom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HAYEKFORUMS.COM
    - Economics and Philosophy Discussion and Debate

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM
    - Libertarian Community and Discussion

Donate to Help Alex Merced promote Liberty Full Time

FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD LIKE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

good plan!
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

I agree - We need more Ron Pauls in Congress.

My only fear is opportunists that pick up on the rhetoric of RP and get elected by pretending to be like him but are no different than the scum that are already there.
    Go Farther Forward. Your source for self sufficient living. http://fartherforward.com

I doubt anyones is gonna really use RP rhetoric votes, it actually makes you job harder. It'll get you support among our troop of stalwarts but we're yet to prove to politicans that this rhetoric in it's PUREST form wins elections. We see politicans mixing and matching but not taking it in it's PURE form.

Plus to understand this rhetoric is to believe it. It's hard to understand this without it changing you to the core.

Anyways, I'll be running for congress in 2012, and if you want to help me out add me up

http://www.myspace.com/mercedforfreedom

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Someone needs to create a website that has a list of all RP like politicans on it.

Brent, I commend you run for congress, and love the website, Trevor Lyman did the RonPaul across america site, didn't he? he needs to update it

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMerced View Post
    Brent, I commend you run for congress, and love the website, Trevor Lyman did the RonPaul across america site, didn't he? he needs to update it
    I'm not sure who did the Ron Paul Across America site, I just helped Brent with his donation widget and Pimp both sites out.

Because this is where the revolution is headed.

There is a man running for Congress in North East Texas 4th district who is a Ron Paul supporter. His name is Kevin George (oh sheet, he has two first names) We are making arrangements to have him come to our next meetup and speak.

Just in case someone in my district reads this and is interested in more information here's the link to his web page http://www.kevingeorge.org

I would love to run after my studies in my major (computer science), minor (economics), and some political science.

Let's do this for America
    Help chipin to put a full page Ron Paul advertisement in my school's newspaper!

here

On a side note we do need a tutorial site on How to run for office.

Maybe we need a HQ of sorts with profiles of each Ron Paul Republican. this could help motivate others. The "well if he can do it i can do it".

Yes, the ron paul revolution MUST branch and continue after the elections. Now is the time to begin laying a base of support and a structure for people to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Drknows View Post
    On a side note we do need a tutorial site on How to run for office.

Maybe we need a HQ of sorts with profiles of each Ron Paul Republican.
    that's why I made this

http://libertyia.ning.com

profiles, forums, blogs, videos, photos

we can really organize if we use it

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Dr. Know, stay in touch, I'll ne you to widget for me in 2012

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Dr. Know, stay in touch, I'll ne you to widget for me in 2012
    haha ok

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    awesome, america, here I come!!!

http://www.myspace.com/MercedForFreedom

it's a pretty in your face myspace page

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Don't forget state congress! When we return proper power to the states, we need to make sure we uphold the same values locally.

I am running for Florida State House of Representatives, District 119.
    Florida -- Miami-Dade -- Florida City -- 951

I switched my major from History to Political Science so I could work with future Ron Paul Republican campaigns.

Speaking of which:

http://www.joinsanders.com/

Brent, a member of our forums, is raising funds for his campaign. If you have some extra cash, I'm sure he could use your help.

Actually, I'm not sure if you can donate to a congressional campaign outside your own....can someone check on that?

you can get involved in politics no matter what I major was Popular Culture Studies with a minor inmarketing

but I think I actually know more than most Poli Sci major, I took many poli sci classes and was in shock how one sided those classes are.

WHich makes since, that they wouldn't teach you how to shrink government cause that undermines the job market in Political Science.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

You can donate to campaigns outside your state. I have done so. Dr. Paul gets most of his money for his Congressional run outside the state of TX and so does many other members of Congress.

I Brought This Up Six Months Ago

Here are the threads, they actually start the same but I didn't like the title of the first one so I started a second one:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6433

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6464

The most important, and hardest, thing to do is to get your name on the ballot. Once that is done, you are officially a candidate and the media will cover you. You just have to constantly remind them that you really ARE a candidate.

If I had the internet, like we have it today, back in 1992, I think I could have won.

you can get involved in politics no matter what I major was Popular Culture Studies with a minor inmarketing

but I think I actually know more than most Poli Sci major, I took many poli sci classes and was in shock how one sided those classes are.

WHich makes since, that they wouldn't teach you how to shrink government cause that undermines the job market in Political Science.
    One of my professors (Poli Sci) brought up Ron Paul no less than 5 times during my last class.

Besides, I was already going History/Poli Sci. I just switched the two. Won't lose credit.

I think this should go to liberty forest... I wish I was 21 I would run and I could meet/help Dr.Paul
    -
    -
    -
    "If he's fifth, nothing, fourth then they only show the top three; third they make the story about a battle between two candidates; second, the coronate the glorious winner; first, they cut to some kidnapping or human interest story and MAYBE mention the fact of his win but qualify it with the fact that Michigan doesn't really matter, lost 1/2 R delegates and all D delegates, Dems influenced vote, RP takes marching orders from Muslims, or they don't report it at all." - free.alive

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPTXState View Post
    One of my professors (Poli Sci) brought up Ron Paul no less than 5 times during my last class.

Besides, I was already going History/Poli Sci. I just switched the two. Won't lose credit.
    that's cool, they still teach you many useful tools and a lot neccessary stuff, my point is that to people who didn't take poli sci don't let that be deturrent to getting involved.

I got nothing but respect for ya, in hindsight I see how what I said could be offensive, my bad.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

I Dropped Out Of High School

I dropped out of high school and was a delivery driver.

No one ever brought up the fact that I dropped out. So don't worry about what courses you are taking in college.

Quote Originally Posted by crink View Post
    I think this should go to liberty forest... I wish I was 21 I would run and I could meet/help Dr.Paul
    you gotta be 25

ill be running in ten years.
    see you then, alex merced

Quote Originally Posted by cien750hp View Post
    you gotta be 25

ill be running in ten years.
    see you then, alex merced
    Yeah, I'm 22 so I have to wait 2012

I could technically run in 2010, but I think I could use the extra two years to build a name up for myself.

HAYEKFORUMS.COM

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM

Yeah, I'm 22 so I have to wait 2012

I could technically run in 2010, but I think I could use the extra two years to build a name up for myself.
    you should try in 2010
    we need people in there as soon as we can
    even if you don't win you still spread the message more

I need to do some research into how to get this ball rolling but I'm definitely considering running for congress. I'm debating between federal and state house though. somehow I feel like state would be an easier win, but it seems like fed would allow for making a bigger difference.
    "In the beginning of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast