Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul blimp needs $70000 by tomorrow!

Ron Paul blimp needs $70000 by tomorrow!

There is no doubt that the blimp has been worth several millions in advertising. It would be really sad to see this thing "deflate". I know we are on the very close to MLK day, But if anyone can give a portion of what they plan to donate, to the blimp now, We'll see another month of incredible return from the blimp advertising.

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/
    Last edited by spudea; 01-17-2008 at 04:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLuySLO9IQ8

I dare you to find a more unorthodox video about Ron Paul.

And what do they do if they don't get enough? Do they give it back? Do they keep flying for the time bought by the customers? Do they keep it for themselves?

gonna have to hit me up after MLK day

Todays is supposed to be a Money Bomb day, but RP only get a little over 10k!!!!

Give to Blimp AFTER you maxed out to RP please!

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    And what do they do if they don't get enough? Do they give it back? Do they keep flying for the time bought by the customers? Do they keep it for themselves?
    We'll keep the blimp flying for the full number of days it is funded for when/if the owner removes the option of renewing our contract. So if we have 3 days worth of money we will fly for 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mckarnin View Post
    We'll keep the blimp flying for the full number of days it is funded for when/if the owner removes the option of renewing our contract. So if we have 3 days worth of money we will fly for 3 days.

So it doesn't need 70,000 by tomorrow. It will fly for the time bought no matter what.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The blimp has not come anywhere near close to meeting expectations. There is virtually ZERO media coverage. We got more coverage leading up to it's launch than all the time it has now been in the air.

"Just come home"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    The blimp has not come anywhere near close to meeting expectations. There is virtually ZERO media coverage. We got more coverage leading up to it's launch than all the time it has now been in the air.

"Just come home"

Are you serious!?! The Blimp has gotten TONS of local coverage and has created a buzz wherever it's been. A couple of people even got baby blimps for their yards and THOSE got media coverage. One in Charlottesville, VA got a front page glossy photo on a local mag with a great story.

That local coverage is very valuable!

It is time to invest in ads targeting specific issues and candidates. The Blimp is not going to convert any voters, but ads will.
    Last edited by Benphranks; 01-23-2008 at 08:06 AM.

The blimp has created more name awareness in SC and Florida through TV coverage than the MSM gave him otherwise. It opens people up to hearing about his message when you canvass. It is a success that hasn't been measured until SC primaries are done. Let's not risk it.

I just put in $50, who will match me?

"Just come home"

Your being sarcastic right? Even Dr. Paul mentioned in an interview that they have received millions of dollars in free advertising from the Blimp...It has surpassed expectations if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benphranks View Post
    Umm, I really think it is time to put this money into specific ads targeting specific issues and candidates. The Blimp is not going to convert any voters, but ads will.
    Yeah, it's show time.

the blimp has got a lot of attention, but it cannot replace canvassing.

i will donate another 50-100 perhaps

Long time blimp supporter here. I think the blimp has run its course. I was on board for a long time and donated a lot of money to help fund it. But now, just like any other novelty, the media coverage for it is drying up and we have much bigger problems - like getting Ron Paul's message out.

We are way past the time of name recognition. That was for an earlier time in the campaign. Now we need to getting his message to all those who saw the blimp and are wondering - who is Ron Paul?

Unfortunately, the best way to do that is with lots of shoe leather (for those of you younger folks that is an old fashioned reference that means you have go out door to door). Although, I heard that ads in small papers helped a lot in Iowa as well.

In advertising you typically follow cycles. First you introduce the man. Then you repeat the name as often as possible. Then you explain who the man is and why they should care. We are at the last stage.

Who is Ron Paul? just will not change any voter's minds at this point. But talking to folks, canvassing becoming a Precinct Captain, that will.

Time to move on to the hard stuff. Though I really thank the blimp team for all they did when they did it.

Don't forget, MLK day is Monday. The rest of the candidates are BROKE. We can really win this thing with the biggest donation day yet! Paul is running out of money, but he still is a far way from broke. Don't just give, tell 50 people or more about it. Spread the word. This can be the turning point for us.

Everyone here seems to be ignoring the fact that Paul is on the rise! Fourth in Michigan? That is wonderful! It shows what will happen when the others don't spend money on states and they can't spend any money on Super Tuesday states because they are broke! We are not.

We can win this thing yet, but we need a huge MLK day!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaratogaForRonPaul View Post
    The blimp has created more name awareness in SC and Florida through TV coverage than the MSM gave him otherwise. It opens people up to hearing about his message when you canvass. It is a success that hasn't been measured until SC primaries are done. Let's not risk it.
    Good point, we'll see how that theory pans out this Saturday
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Long time blimp supporter here. I think the blimp has run its course. I was on board for a long time and donated a lot of money to help fund it. But now, just like any other novelty, the media coverage for it is drying up and we have much bigger problems - like getting Ron Paul's message out.
    Given the general media blackout, I don't see the blimp being covered by the MSM, which was its primary benefit in the early stages of awareness building. Now it is important to deliver specific messages to voters who want to understand Ron's thinking, which is why many are probably finding success in canvassing.
    Last edited by Benphranks; 01-23-2008 at 08:04 AM.

"Just come home"

Actually, the BLIMP was just on MSNBC about an hour ago.

I just bought some more time...

Every place the blimp has spent time it will have boosted Ron Paul's name recognition. All the coverage worth talking about is LOCAL, so if you're not in Florida, South Carolina, or other place the blimp has visited, and you've not been reading the blimp blog on a regular basis, you can't know the high degree of success they've been having.

Since primaries will continue for months ahead, there are many people who are not yet thinking of politics and still need to be reached.

The blimp and other name recognition strategies plow the field, canvassing and issue ads plant the seeds, and GOTV brings in the harvest. All are still needed.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

Quote Originally Posted by mdevour View Post
    Every place the blimp has spent time it will have boosted Ron Paul's name recognition.
    Mike D.
    A candidate blimp game that the blimp company posted a link to earlier, which was made by a TV station in SC, doesn't even have Ron Paul as one of the candidates you can fly a blimp for.

Blimp is a waste of money. More than half a million dollars spent. Imagine how many newspaper ads, canavssing materials, and TV commercials this could have bought.

I donated to the blimp, but it's time has come and gone. I think in hindsight it has not paid off, and we would have been better running powerful grassroots TV spots instead. I hope the remainder of the money is spent to actually get Ron's message out.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the total that Ron Paul's campaign has raised since New Years as of this moment:

$870,000. That isn't much right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mckarnin View Post

What is going on with the salaries for the blimp people?

Is the blimp attracting any new supporters? Anyone here that found out about Ron Paul because of the blimp?

Quote Originally Posted by Soccrmastr View Post
    Blimp is a waste of money. More than half a million dollars spent. Imagine how many newspaper ads, canavssing materials, and TV commercials this could have bought.
    I agree, and think people are stuck on this and don't want to let it go. People need to see and hear RP talk about his message and stances, and TV ads, etc reach TONS and TONS of people.

So, a small amount of media coverage on the blimp, but RP not talking to the people, etc. Does anyone seriously think the blimp is going to bring in votes compared to tons of TV ads, radio, and newspaper ads, etc.? Sorry, but logical thinking seems to have been thrown out the window.

People need to see him and know what he stands for!!!!! People have their TVs on all the time, their not driving around looking for a blimp!

how can the naysays watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKmNKd1UBk

and still think the blimp isn't worth funding?

The blimp is completely worth it. Not many people go home and google a politician's name because they saw a sign out there, they all expect the same.

With the blimp, however, this is totally different. People are excited when they see it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast