Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Stay On Topic: Delete Threads by Bigots

Exclamation Let's Stay On Topic: Delete Threads by Bigots

Threads like this one:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=93297

A bigot is a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. That is, exactly the opposite to what the message of liberty is.

Let's not allow these people to hijack our forums to spread a message that is completely opposed to this movement and what Dr. Paul stands for.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    move it to hot topics.... delete.... naaaaaah
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Here is an important point I think everyone should remember. This forum is privately owned, freedom of speech only applies to the government. If the owners of this sight want to ban users for saying the word banana then they can and have every right to throw you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilhaguru View Post
    Threads like this one:

A bigot is a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. That is, exactly the opposite to what the message of liberty is.

Let's not allow these people to hijack our forums to spread a message that is completely opposed to this movement and what Dr. Paul stands for.
    Agreed. For obvious reasons.

Threads like this one:

Actually, bigotry must be tolerated in a free society, but these forums are not public property so it's up to the moderator as to what stays and what goes.

Racism, on the other hand, is not compatable with a free society.

There is a difference, go to www.dictionary.com if you don't understand what it is.

Even though I am not a bigot, I will fight for a bigots right to free speech, because free speech is far more important that hurt feelings.

Yes this is a private forum but if they want to be an example for Ron Paul then freedom of speech should be protected to the utmost even when it offends. They do not have to do so. If they do not though people will tend to migrate to a place that they do.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?-Thomas Jefferson

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread.-Thomas Jefferson
    3p1c w1n

WilliamC, that's fair enough.

ThomasJ: These people have rights but this forum should not be used to spread someone else's ideas, especially one that is in complete contradiction to the message we are trying to spread. Discussing these ideas is completely fair game, but as this is a private forum, with a specific intent, and when someone undermines it in a serious way something needs to be done.

We have passive moderators and a lot of these comments end up being called on by members, which is good with me, but there's a fine line that if allowed to be crossed will result in anarchy and a complete undermining of our purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    Actually, bigotry must be tolerated in a free society, but these forums are not public property so it's up to the moderator as to what stays and what goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Yes this is a private forum but if they want to be an example for Ron Paul then freedom of speech should be protected to the utmost even when it offends. They do not have to do so. If they do not though people will tend to migrate to a place that they do.
    I think the best would be to strive for something in between these opinions. I don't think we want total freedom and no censorship, because it can lead to chaos.

In a real world community we wouldn't allow people to throw uncalled for insults around them without acting against it. We would neither allow them to stand and scream in the ears of others as they are having a discussion.

Even in a free society the minority will have to adjust to the manners of the majority, but I think that in this community the majority will listen to what the minority has to say, as long as it is brought forward in a civilised way.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WilliamC, that's fair enough.

ThomasJ: These people have rights but this forum should not be used to spread someone else's ideas, especially one that is in complete contradiction to the message we are trying to spread. Discussing these ideas is completely fair game, but as this is a private forum, with a specific intent, and when someone undermines it in a serious way something needs to be done.

We have passive moderators and a lot of these comments end up being called on by members, which is good with me, but there's a fine line that if allowed to be crossed will result in anarchy and a complete undermining of our purpose.
    This is why I said delete. Most of the time the Mods move this or that thread to Hot Topics. Which is fine.

I just do not believe in deleting for that sake. If the Hard Drives are full then by all means delete but to delete because it is not PC is wrong.

I know that we are trying to support Dr. Paul on this forum that is why I feel that freedom of speech should at all cost be protected. That is Dr. Paul mission, to protect our civil rights. How can we expect our government to be for individual freedom if our Freedom movement cannot allow that same freedom for people with which we disagree.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?-Thomas Jefferson

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread.-Thomas Jefferson
    3p1c w1n

racism is alive and well in america. just the victims have switched around a little bit, and the government is still pushing it on us.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Most people are bigots. Sorry to break the news to you OP. Blame the Big Man in the sky for making people the way he did. And bigotry comes in many degrees, shapes, and sizes. Far be it from YOU to decide what is and what is not bigotry or to ask the Mods to do that for you.

Geez....

What is this world coming to? People have an aversion to human nature that is truly disturbing, and that's what has gotten us into this mess. If only people could be programmed like little robots, or beat into conformity like dogs we'd all be happier and safer and blah blah blah. Like that old German expression, kick a puppy enough and he falls in love with your shoe.
    $250 in Nov 2007
    $250 in Jan 2008
    Ready for next Money Bomb!

I am pleased that people are using the correct terms and have learned the difference between a racist and a bigot. Archie Bunker was considered a bigot in his day where in modern history Imus is called a racist. There are racist no doubt but the term racist is used to destroy people that may just being demonstrating bigotry or prejudice. As I've stated before we all have prejudice, many people are bigoted but there is only a tiny percentage of the population that are truly racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Caravello View Post
    Most people are bigots. Sorry to break the news to you OP. Blame the Big Man in the sky for making people the way he did. And bigotry comes in many degrees, shapes, and sizes. Far be it from YOU to decide what is and what is not bigotry or to ask the Mods to do that for you.

Geez....

What is this world coming to? People have an aversion to human nature that is truly disturbing, and that's what has gotten us into this mess. If only people could be programmed like little robots, or beat into conformity like dogs we'd all be happier and safer and blah blah blah. Like that old German expression, kick a puppy enough and he falls in love with your shoe.
    +1

Obviously government censorship is bad. There are plenty of bigots here, and while I find many of their comments outright inflammatory and disgusting, they are free to make them.

BUT..

By the same account.. we will never win this election, or any others, when people are allowed to staple hateful propaganda onto a candidate who does not believe in that hateful propaganda. It's one thing to have a belief, but we're on the Ron Paul Forums. Our texts here, whether we think they should be or otherwise, DO have an effect on our candidate. If you want to be a hateful bigot, I'd recommend some other site. NOT because I'm trying to stifle your free speech or send you to some "Free Speech Zone," but because it makes it harder for us to win this election.

It's very simple. Do you want to win this election? If you do, you will stop hurting our candidate. It's not easy to sell Ron Paul on people when you have to discliam them on a lot of the supporters of the very candidate you're selling.

I don't know HOW many times I've heard "Well, I used the google on him and it was sponsored by the KKK" or "I read a blog written by someone supporting him that said Jews were never gassed." I don't mind people having their opinions, but those opinions are NOT the ones Ron Paul is running under. Please, have your opinions, but at the same time, recognize when the zealous preaching of your opinions MIGHT be detrimental.

Course, I'm working for the CIA, so what do I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    I am pleased that people are using the correct terms and have learned the difference between a racist and a bigot. Archie Bunker was considered a bigot in his day where in modern history Imus is called a racist. There are racist no doubt but the term racist is used to destroy people that may just being demonstrating bigotry or prejudice. As I've stated before we all have prejudice, many people are bigoted but there is only a tiny percentage of the population that are truly racist.

Bull. Most people are racist in that they prefer to be around people of their own race to others. To deny this is foolish. They may look for a variety of ways to express that, like "white flight" or "barrios" or "black inner city" but the results are the same. The different races tend to prefer the company of people like them. Which is re-affirming and comforting if you ask me, because it says that despite all the media sophistication and "education" (i.e. brainwashing) going on, people are still merely advanced animals with the same needs of all animals, to be around their own tribe or clan or pride for feelings of belonging, safety, and comfort. Thank God!
    $250 in Nov 2007
    $250 in Jan 2008

Talking

Mustache in Spanish is bigote. Delete all threads with avatars that contain mustaches.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bull. Most people are racist in that they prefer to be around people of their own race to others. To deny this is foolish. They may look for a variety of ways to express that, like "white flight" or "barrios" or "black inner city" but the results are the same. The different races tend to prefer the company of people like them. Which is re-affirming and comforting if you ask me, because it says that despite all the media sophistication and "education" (i.e. brainwashing) going on, people are still merely advanced animals with the same needs of all animals, to be around their own tribe or clan or pride for feelings of belonging, safety, and comfort. Thank God!
    Yes, and for most its a cultural issue. If you go to any middle class suburb, you will find neighbors of various races sprinkled in there, and there are no troubles.

I don't like it when threads are deleted either. I will post a reminder in the moderator forum.

Thanks.

We have been totally fucked by the machine

lol...what about threads that are bigotted against biggots? should we delete those biggoted threads too?
    “We are giving the world back to man, and man back to himself. Man shall no longer be vile, but noble. We shall not destroy his mind in return for an immortal soul. Without a free vigorous and creative mind, man is but an animal, and he will die like an animal, without any shred of a soul. We return man to his arts, his literature, his sciences, his independence to think and feel as an individual, not to be bound to dogma.”

Quote Originally Posted by JeffersonThomas View Post
    lol...what about threads that are bigotted against biggots? should we delete those biggoted threads too?
    YES! Bigots against Bigotry are the people who brought us PC. I'd rather have a racist sitting next to me than a PC freak.

Quote Originally Posted by fmontez View Post
    YES! Bigots against Bigotry are the people who brought us PC. I'd rather have a racist sitting next to me than a PC freak.
    Personal Computers? I really didn't know...the things I learn on the RP forums...
    “We are giving the world back to man, and man back to himself. Man shall no longer be vile, but noble. We shall not destroy his mind in return for an immortal soul. Without a free vigorous and creative mind, man is but an animal, and he will die like an animal, without any shred of a soul. We return man to his arts, his literature, his sciences, his independence to think and feel as an individual, not to be bound to dogma.”

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post

Racism, on the other hand, is not compatable with a free society.

There is a difference, go to www.dictionary.com if you don't understand what it is.

Even though I am not a bigot, I will fight for a bigots right to free speech, because free speech is far more important that hurt feelings.
    bigot

Obviously you don't know the definition of a racist. So let me help you out from dictionary.com

Racist: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Choosing to associate with people like yourself is no where close to being comparable to the belief that your race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Please understand the term is used by the race warmongers to destroy people's lives. If you think most people are this way you need to find a new crowd to hang out with.
    Last edited by JMann; 01-18-2008 at 02:58 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most people like to be around there own kind. Black people like to be around other blacks....whites, Indians, Mexcians, its all the same. Proud to be Native American Indian, proud to be a Mexican, Proud to be Black, Proud to be White.....Very natural....I read nothing negative into it at all. Hate is were the problem is....nothing wrong at all being proud of who you are and being around your own kind. Be proud of you heritage.....not ashamed.
    "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
    -- General Douglas MacArthur

When we all signed up on this forum there were rules and guidelines and a stated purpose for this forum. This is not a free for all. This is not a place to discuss knitting stitches, or fly fishing flies and how to tie them, etc. etc. etc.

This is a forum dedicated and devoted to supporting Ron Paul's run for Presidency. Were the mods not to take out unrelated stuff we would quickly get over run with off topic threads.

This is a totally private forum, we are all free to accept its rules or dislike them and leave. No one is forced to stay either.

Amazingly they provide this service to us at no fee at all. I say thank you RPF for all you have done for all of us and for giving us a place to discuss Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    Yes, and for most its a cultural issue. If you go to any middle class suburb, you will find neighbors of various races sprinkled in there, and there are no troubles.

yeah, b/c one race is dominant and the other races know they are the minority and try to thrive within that framework. It's when the races all get to be a decent size and compete with each other for "turf" and control that the problems arise, that their kids start fighting each other in schools along racial lines, etc. and why there are very very very few communities in the USA that are like 25% white, 25% black, 25% Asian, 25% hispanic. Multiracial communities like that are simply unworkable. It's hard enough to get different ethnicities and income classes and religions within the same race to get along that people realize that deep down if you thrown in the racial component that it breaks down even more.

And how much energy and time and resources and guilt are we Americans supposed to spend dealing with these things? Geez, what about not having to worry about race and just be left alone with people you want to be with and enjoy life. ....hmmm...enjoying life, what little time we have of it, what a concept... God forbid people actually be happy!!!!
    $250 in Nov 2007
    $250 in Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    Obviously you don't know the definition of a racist. So let me help you out from dictionary.com

Racist: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Choosing to associate with people like yourself is no where close to being comparable to the belief that your race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Please understand the term is used by the race warmongers to destroy people's lives. If you think most people are this way you need to find a new crowd to hang out with.
    So what happens when you feel your not superiour to different races at all? Its all in the way folks look at things. Your just different...obviously...Whats wrong with it then exactly?
    "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
    -- General Douglas MacArthur

Geez....

Read my reply #7. A little technicality that has been addressed.

My point is that racist remarks do not advance our purpose and therefore should not be tolerated in this board.

Racism is treasonous to liberty. People in this board love conspiracies, they love to say how much they have trolls that have infiltrated us trying to break us apart, but when it comes to racism it's all alright. Racism is trolling at it's worse, it's irrational, and it is a collectivist idea. Completely against what we believe in, and they are hijacking our message because we believe they have the right to what they believe, whether we like it or not.

We have to distance ourselves from them. Their ideas is NOT what we believe in, the exact opposite is. As Ron Paul said, "libertarians are incapable of racism". We find the idea of racism repugnant - we do not respect it, nor the racist scumbag - but we believe it is not a crime, just stupidity.

Read this article from Reason Magazine:

http://reason.com/blog/show/124467.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    So what happens when you feel your not superiour to different races at all? Its all in the way folks look at things. Your just different...obviously...Whats wrong with it then exactly?
    No it isn't. Words have meaning and definitions. You can't change the words to fit what you think it means. I don't personally know one person that feels like white people are genetically superior to others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast