Thread: DIGG--Barack Obama: A Hawk in Dove's Clothing--use to recruit Obama people

DIGG--Barack Obama: A Hawk in Dove's Clothing--use to recruit Obama people

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ba...ove_s_Clothing

Ask most Obama supporters what their candidate’s stance on war is and they will quickly spit out the line, “He was against this war from the beginning.” This may be true but the question is rarely asked why he was against the war from the beginning. The answer to the why question is not what most Obama supporters would believe it to be.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dugg
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

dugg
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

Either him or Hillary for the dem nomination....I prefer Obama by far.

I will do and say nothing that helps Hillary in any way, shape, or form.....Obama is BY FAR a better candidate than Hillary...
    "War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is, revolution is when you decide that for yourself."

BTW, try for one second to understand that the democrats have a seriously good chance of winning regardless of who the Republican nomination is.....what it equals is that to help Obama, is to push Hillary Clinton into the White House, and I am having no part of that.

I pray to god if the dems do win, and it is likely....Obama is the nomination and not Hillary....I buried it.

Obama was correct at the time 100%...hard to even argue it....speech by Obama 2002...

I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income, to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression.

That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

On Saddam Hussein

Now let me be clear: I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power.... The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors...and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars. So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president.
    Argue against that...he was right....your other choice for democrat nomination is Hillary Clinton....is there really a choice?? I am NOT going to try in any way to push Hillary above Obama...are you serious? You are asking us to help possibly push the most corrupt candidate running into office.
    Last edited by JohnnyWrath; 01-18-2008 at 01:30 AM.
    "War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is, revolution is when you decide that for yourself."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Argue against that...he was right....your other choice for democrat nomination is Hillary Clinton....is there really a choice??
    Did you even read the article, you are completely missing the point.

he can say what he wants about not being in for the war......he wasnt in congress at the time to vote....so as far as we know....he might of voted for the war if he was in congress....this is just his word with no backing on paper.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot_9876 View Post
    he can say what he wants about not being in for the war......he wasnt in congress at the time to vote....so as far as we know....he might of voted for the war if he was in congress....this is just his word with no backing on paper.....
    Yep! Pure campaign promises.

Ron Paul has the record to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot_9876 View Post
    Exactly!

If anybody feels like getting crucified, post this on dailykos.com

they are all the same!Will say anything to get your vote.
    the minute they get in the white house, bomb iran! overthrow Hugo Chavez!!
    Bringing in Supporters One at a time!
    Become a Precinct Captain! http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    dugg btw poll on that article's site site
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]

Quote Originally Posted by robert4rp08 View Post
    dugg btw poll on that article's site site
    bump for poll

Ron Paul was against the war since the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWrath View Post
    BTW, try for one second to understand that the democrats have a seriously good chance of winning regardless of who the Republican nomination is.....what it equals is that to help Obama, is to push Hillary Clinton into the White House, and I am having no part of that.

I pray to god if the dems do win, and it is likely....Obama is the nomination and not Hillary....I buried it.

Obama was correct at the time 100%...hard to even argue it....speech by Obama 2002...

Argue against that...he was right....your other choice for democrat nomination is Hillary Clinton....is there really a choice?? I am NOT going to try in any way to push Hillary above Obama...are you serious? You are asking us to help possibly push the most corrupt candidate running into office.
    Your post +1 Dugg! =)

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

I always thought, since the first announcement of Obama running, that he was a diversionary tactic from the Democrats to keep the scrutiny off Hillary. He's like a walking media goldmine and it's funny how they all try to dance around the black and Muslim subjects. Look, the guy is black and was raised Muslim in Indonesia. Period. The media has spent the majority of it's time on Ombama while Hillary is gathering unassailable momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    I always thought, since the first announcement of Obama running, that he was a diversionary tactic from the Democrats to keep the scrutiny off Hillary. He's like a walking media goldmine and it's funny how they all try to dance around the black and Muslim subjects. Look, the guy is black and was raised Muslim in Indonesia. Period. The media has spent the majority of it's time on Ombama while Hillary is gathering unassailable momentum.
    This may be true to some extent, but Obama is also getting the youth anti-war vote, a vote Ron Paul should be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    This may be true to some extent, but Obama is also getting the youth anti-war vote, a vote Ron Paul should be getting.
    Why? just curious. Many on here are open theocrats. 25% of 18-29 year olds are atheists. ... They are tolerant of other religions, but they prefer to not embrace a "Christian Nation" by any means. Many people on here think this is Ron Paul's stance, and that understanding has flooded the minds of most Obama supporters.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Question

Where would I go(online) to see Obama's voting record and how much money he has signed off on to give Bush for the war?
    "What to the Slave is the 4th of July." "No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own."
    -Frederick Douglass

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisajames96 View Post
    Where would I go(online) to see Obama's voting record and how much money he has signed off on to give Bush for the war?
    bump...does anyone know?
    "What to the Slave is the 4th of July." "No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own."
    -Frederick Douglass

Obama votes like the average <25year old.

http://votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

NV
    NV
    NV
    NV

This article did not impress me. It is nothing more than 1 persons opinion and if anything its a spin.
    We the people are taking back the government one voter at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by lisajames96 View Post
    bump...does anyone know?
    try here
    http://www.vote-smart.org/official_f...g_category.php