Thread: What is the emergency in NH?

What is the emergency in NH?

Hi people,

Can someone _who knows_ what is going on in NH please explain it to us, as soon as it is safe to do so?

Background: there was an unconfirmed, unexplained report of *a problem* with the NH re-count that required an emergency call for people to bring cameras to a particular location in NH around 10:00PM EST Thursday night. There was chatter about keeping it a secret, and then the post appeared to have been deleted from dailypaul.

We just need solid information so people stop speculating.

Please only reply if you have new information, and you are sure that it is safe to do so!!

thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

thanks! tried searching for a related thread for awhile, but there are just so much happening on this site at one time its hard to find things.

January 28, 2008
    New Articles

N.H. Recount - Urgent Action Required PHONE CALLS NEEDED ASAP!!
    I was on the road from January 15-25th and fully expected the recount to be completed by the time I returned to Texas. On January 25, 2008, I spoke with a true American patriot named Eric, who has been on the ground since the beginning and has sacrificed a great deal for all of us. During our conversation, Eric informed me that the recount had been repeatedly delayed and there was a problem with the chain of custody with the ballots among other possible violations of the law. While listening to Eric as I was driving, had my rental vehicle been steam driven, I could have powered it the rest of the way home I was so incensed........
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd337.htm

Use free fax!

I used faxzero.com (FREE) to send the following to the GOV:

Governor Lynch,
    I have been closely following the republican primary hand-recount effort going on in New Hampshire. I am writing you today because I am quite alarmed at several developments that have called into question the integrity of the original election and subsequent recount.
    I will summarize my concerns as a bullet list:
    1. DELAY – The republican primary was conducted on 1/8/08, the recount was officially requested by Mr. Albert Howard two days later. It has now been three weeks since the primary. The recount should have been completed already, not just being started.
    2. FUNDS – While the democratic recount requested by Dennis Kucinich was started immediately, and was allowed to proceed as funds allowed, Mr. Howard was compelled to come up with the full amount of the recount estimate in 48 hours. Was this designed to discourage the recount from moving forward?
    3. TIMING – Even though Mr. Howard gave the required funds to recount the entire State to the Secretary of State in a timely manner, the democratic recount was started first, while only a small portion of the costs from Mr. Kucinich was delivered to the SOS. Was this designed to delay the recount until after “super Tuesday”? If two separate estimates were written by the SOS, then the counts should have proceeded concurrently.
    4. CHAIN OF CUSTODY – I’m sure your office is aware, but NH Election Law says that the State Police are to collect ballots from municipalities to be delivered to the SOS for a recount. However, as documented by Bev Harris from blackboxvoting.com, the ballots were transported by a pair called in jest “Butch & Hoppy” who appear to NOT be employed by the State Police.
    5. CHAIN OF CUSTODY again – Bev Harris has posted a video she made where the SOS is disturbingly dismissive of her questions why ballots were not vaulted but left in a “secured” room. In the video Bev also demonstrates that the custody seal used by the SOS can easily be taken off of ballot boxes and re-applied, leaving no evidence of tampering. This is obviously not an effective COC seal.
    6. EVIDENCE OF TAMPERING – Bev Harris has also posted several pictures of ballot boxes that she observed with a large slit cut into them, this obviously negates any confidence in the chain of custody, and by extension the primary election.

I ask your office to initiate two steps to remedy this situation:
    • Direct Secretary of State, William M. Gardner to complete the republican recount by close of business this Friday, 2/1. Any further delay will severely inhibit the ability of campaigns to adequately plan for “super Tuesday”
    • Direct the Attorney General of the State of New Hampshire to open an investigation into the breakdown of the proper chain of custody for paper ballots, focusing on the slits cut in boxes, unlawful transportation of the ballot boxes, and dubious security measures to protect the COC.
    Thank You very much for your consideration in this matter
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be."
    Thomas Jefferson

Then fired this one to the AG:
    To: Kelly Ayotte, Attorney General of the State of New Hampshire

I am writing to request that your office initiate in an investigation into the conduct of the office of the Secretary of State before and during the republican primary election re-count, paid for and initiated by Mr. Albert Howard.

It has come to my attention that the collection of the ballots and transportation of the ballots was not carried out by the State Police, as required by NH Election Law, but by two rather mysterious men, euphemistically referred to as “Butch and Hoppy”. These men do not appear to be direct employees of the State Police, they wear no uniform and offer no identification. This obviously calls into question the integrity of the ballot chain of custody.

I have also seen a video of Bev Harris, of www.blackboxvoting.org , apply then remove a SOS custody seal to a ballot box. The seal was easy to remove, akin to a post-it note, and left no indication that it was removed. This is a poor COC seal, and again it calls into question the chain of custody for the ballots.

In the same video of Bev Harris, it is shown that the ballots collected for the republican recount were not vaulted, as they were for the democratic recount, but left in a room. Secretary of State William M. Gardner appears in the video and though asked several times why there was a change in protocol for ballot storage, he just assured Bev Harris that they are secure. The question was not “are they secure” the question was “why they are not vaulted”. This lack of explanation by the SOS certainly does not inspire confidence in the integrity of New Hampshire elections.

There is also the matter of preferential treatment for the democratic recount, initiated by Dennis Kucinich. Mr. Kucinich was only required to post a portion of the recount fee, while Mr. Albert Howard was compelled to come up with the entire recount fee in very short time. Even though the costs to recount the entire State were delivered by Me. Howard, the partial democratic recount was conducted first. Was this an attempt to delay the republican recount?

I urge you to go to www.blackboxvoting.org and view the photos, blogs and videos of the experiences that Bev Harris has had while auditing the recount process in New Hampshire.

The integrity of your State hangs in the balance.
    Thank You for your consideration in this matter,
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jaybone View Post
    Then fired this one to the AG:
    To: Kelly Ayotte, Attorney General of the State of New Hampshire

I am writing to request that your office initiate in an investigation into the conduct of the office of the Secretary of State before and during the republican primary election re-count, paid for and initiated by Mr. Albert Howard.

It has come to my attention that the collection of the ballots and transportation of the ballots was not carried out by the State Police, as required by NH Election Law, but by two rather mysterious men, euphemistically referred to as “Butch and Hoppy”. These men do not appear to be direct employees of the State Police, they wear no uniform and offer no identification. This obviously calls into question the integrity of the ballot chain of custody.

I have also seen a video of Bev Harris, of www.blackboxvoting.org , apply then remove a SOS custody seal to a ballot box. The seal was easy to remove, akin to a post-it note, and left no indication that it was removed. This is a poor COC seal, and again it calls into question the chain of custody for the ballots.

In the same video of Bev Harris, it is shown that the ballots collected for the republican recount were not vaulted, as they were for the democratic recount, but left in a room. Secretary of State William M. Gardner appears in the video and though asked several times why there was a change in protocol for ballot storage, he just assured Bev Harris that they are secure. The question was not “are they secure” the question was “why they are not vaulted”. This lack of explanation by the SOS certainly does not inspire confidence in the integrity of New Hampshire elections.

There is also the matter of preferential treatment for the democratic recount, initiated by Dennis Kucinich. Mr. Kucinich was only required to post a portion of the recount fee, while Mr. Albert Howard was compelled to come up with the entire recount fee in very short time. Even though the costs to recount the entire State were delivered by Me. Howard, the partial democratic recount was conducted first. Was this an attempt to delay the republican recount?

I urge you to go to www.blackboxvoting.org and view the photos, blogs and videos of the experiences that Bev Harris has had while auditing the recount process in New Hampshire.

The integrity of your State hangs in the balance.
    Thank You for your consideration in this matter,

Excellent letter. I hope it helps and that the officials realise that we are watching their every move!

Thanks for informing us - keep up the good work for freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.