Thread: Need advice on how to tackle a very large precinct

Need advice on how to tackle a very large precinct

Hi there,

My precinct has almost 1200 registered republicans. My walking list is 24 pages long ... Not to complain, but I'm wondering if this is significantly larger than most.

Obviously I can't go to each and every door before Super Tuesday, and the stack of papers is just a bit overwhelming.

I definitely want face to face contact as much as possible, so from your experience so far, who on my list are the most likely supporters that I should target first (based on their conservative number rating and/or the symbols G,L,T,etc.) --- just in case I can't reach everyone.

I just want to make sure I have face-to-face contact with those people, then I'll try to drop off Lit on doors, then call for follow ups after that.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    thegr8drronpaul
    Precinct Captain - MC0971

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegr8drronpaul View Post
    I just want to make sure I have face-to-face contact with those people, then I'll try to drop off Lit on doors, then call for follow ups after that.
    Start knocking on doors and try to identify supporters, because if you find even one, they might cut your work in half! Drop lit as you're canvassing, even if no one is home.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Hey I've got 1518 registered voters (WA doesn't have partisan registration), so I'm gonna skip the really liberal ones (x>41).

That cuts it down to about 1300.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Right, I was just thinking if I could look at my worksheets and identify by their symbols who to go to first. Any way to interpret that data so that I knew where my best chances lie?
    thegr8drronpaul
    Precinct Captain - MC0971

Right, I was just thinking if I could look at my worksheets and identify by their symbols who to go to first. Any way to interpret that data so that I knew where my best chances lie?
    I think that they're all pretty easy, except the really liberal ones (pro-war too, but that doesn't have a code).
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

7200+ registered voters here. 155 pages long. Primary is Jan 30th in my county(Feb 5th for rest of state). No, I won't be getting finished before the primary, but I still intend to hit every house that I can with lit. I think for the most part I'm actually going to talk/reach more people on voting day when they are actually thinking about it. I've covered 171 houses so far and a couple of guys from the meetup group helped me out the first day so they covered probably another 150-250 houses. Hope to have the text document in my signature done by this weekend so I can hand it out to everyone I canvass.
    Want to help Dr. Paul's campaign? Canvass! Learn how at http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/
    Want to coordinate your canvassing? Become a Precinct Leader! http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/
    Rough Draft: Final Notice of Fiscal Burden
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=92802
    JPEG Graphic of Final Notice of Fiscal Burden http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=96659

This is why I wish they'd include the full voting history. When lists are that long it really helps to know the 5 or so people that voted Republican until Bush so you know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by jblosser View Post
    This is why I wish they'd include the full voting history. When lists are that long it really helps to know the 5 or so people that voted Republican until Bush so you know where to start.
    Just because someone voted for Bush wouldn''t exclude them...

I voted for Bush both times. So, by your rational, I wouldn't be worth talking to.. that's not good because I'm probably the biggest RP supporter in my precinct.
    "In the beginning of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
    - Mark Twain

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone is a possible Ron Paul vote untill they tell me otherwise. Republican, Dems, Registered voters, nonregistered but eligible voters. If they Will support Ron Paul they just might help get the message out. It's all about numbers, getting as many Ron Paul Voters into this database that we can as fast as we can. This could provide us with a way to show our numbers and dispute vote counts that don't look right. If we can get every Ron Paul voter into this system they can be contacted to see if they voted and would they sign an affidavit to verify that if neccasary. I look at it as Cast your vote for Ron Paul now to make sure your vote will count.

My precinct has almost 1200 registered republicans. My walking list is 24 pages long ... Not to complain, but I'm wondering if this is significantly larger than most.
    Wow, I was wondering how everyone elses list was. I signed up for precinct leader a few days ago and have been formulating how I was going to begin the attack....my list appears to be 65 pages and 3200 voters. I also seem to be the only one in the entire area. I tried to email a guy that signed up as well for a different precinct, but havent heard ANYTHING from him yet.

Looks like Im going to be hoofing a pretty large area.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-NC View Post
    Wow, I was wondering how everyone elses list was. I signed up for precinct leader a few days ago and have been formulating how I was going to begin the attack....my list appears to be 65 pages and 3200 voters. I also seem to be the only one in the entire area. I tried to email a guy that signed up as well for a different precinct, but havent heard ANYTHING from him yet.

Looks like Im going to be hoofing a pretty large area.
    You might want to target specific houses and just hit those, or.. hit those first and see if you can recruit some help.
    "In the beginning of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
    - Mark Twain

Contact any meetup or facebook Ron Paul groups in your area, ask them for help.

If there is a college in the area contact any Ron Paul supporters there for help.

I went to a meetup/facebook meeting last week, 2/3rds of the folks there were high school or college students ready and eager to DO SOMETHING!

Call HQ and see if there are any donors or volunteers in your precinct and if you can get their contact information.

And of course try to recruit help as you are canvassing yourself.

Either way, just do the best you can with the time you have, I wish HQ had started this program last June!

Thanks,

William Colley,
    Senatobia, MS Precinct Captain (SN2)
    ~1,600 names

Good idea ya'll. I definately plan on hitting the larger (subdivisions) first, and leave the ones on the back roads for later. Will definately plan on visiting the local community college and try to get some support from there as well. THANKS!

The churches on Sunday morning might be a good target. Last Sunday, another guy and I dropped off about 1500 pro-life slim jims to 13 church parking lots while they were in service. I went around the day before and got the times of the services, and made a plan of which ones to do at what time. We could have done at least twice as many, but ran out of slim jims, and could have used more people doing smaller areas.

The temperature was 15 BELOW zero when we started at 7:30 in the morning. Warmed up to about 5 below by the time we got done.

I figure the churches have a high number of possible supporters, since Ron is the only pro-life conservative in the bunch.
    --------------------------------------------
    First step to ending the income tax: end payroll tax withholding.
    Require each American to write a check to their state and federal governments every month.

RPinUptownChi

phone first is my recco, then when you do the walking its going to be a huge thing, try to get plastic to put the slim jims and literature inside so they are protected from the elements, and put them in people's doors...

DO NOT PUT ANYTHING IN ANYONE'S MAILBOX!

Hi there,

Obviously I can't go to each and every door before Super Tuesday, and the stack of papers is just a bit overwhelming.

I definitely want face to face contact as much as possible, so from your experience so far, who on my list are the most likely supporters that I should target first (based on their conservative number rating and/or the symbols G,L,T,etc.) --- just in case I can't reach everyone.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

As you find other Ron Paul supporters, ask for help. Divide the work up. Get 10-20 people carrying the load. And then do the next precinct. You want to recruit more people to help. That's the biggest thing you can do.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My original precient list had 16,000 registered voters on it. Once I knocked out the Greens and the Dems I had 1,300 Repub. names left on it. Unfortunatly the data was spread all over the city (the lists weren't broken down geographically at least in my city) including 7 offshore islands accessable only by ferry. But with help from my local meetup group its being tacked with door to door canvassing...even the islands (an expensive ride in the name of freedom but worth it, the island folks round here tend to be more independent and anti-establishment especially in politics)

So it can be done... just takes some work...and sometimes help from a few friends
    "We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I say to myself, That man is a Red, that man is a Communist. You never hear a real American talk like that" -- Frank "I Am The Law" Hague, Mayor of Jersey City 1917-1947