Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: How to Beat the "He Can't Win Mentality"

  1. #1

    Default How to Beat the "He Can't Win Mentality"

    All of you are approaching this from the wrong angle. You're trying to use logic to explain irrational people. I've made this mistake several times and it has cost me horribly.

    To soundly beat the "he can't win problem" all you have to do is trick them into thinking he is winning. This is much easier done than you think. Remember, we're dealing with idiots here, so you don't have to present a logical argument. In fact a logical argument is virtually useless with these people. We simply need to create the perception everywhere that he is winning, and then he will be winning because everyone thinks he's winning.

    So here are my suggestions for how to trick many people into thinking Ron Paul is winning.

    1) Get signs up everywhere as much as possible. I don't mean in just the days before the election. I mean RIGHT NOW. If people see Ron Paul signs everywhere, and only Ron Paul signs, it will begin to convince them that he's more important and viable.

    2) Tell everyone that he's won the past 9 or 10 debates or however, many it has been. For those that don't watch them, this usually impresses.

    3)Talk about how much money he has raised. Make sure you say that he has raised more money than all the other Republican candidates in the 4th quarter.

    4)In a similar thread on the Michigan forum, jdmetz suggested we just tell the people in whatever state you are in that we're expecting Paul to win that state. The beauty of this is that after the primary that voter won't get another chance to vote.

    Just keep hammering these points home, and always talk in the language of winning, even if at times it may be slightly deceptive. The one thing we can't change is the previous primary results. If confronted with that, tell them that they only account for about 4% of the delegates so they don't really matter.

    If anyone has any other good ones please suggest them.
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

    Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

    Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Don't even say that. Don't even give them time to think with their sheeple logic. Just tell them that everyone on the block thinks he can win and is voting for Ron. Use sheeple logic, they are just followers. They will do what everyone else is doing.

  4. #3

    Default

    My standard reply is that the USA Hockey team couldnt win against the Soviets in 1980 either.
    "Money was money back then, it really bought something." - Alan Greenspan, June 5, 2003

  5. #4

    Default

    Turn it around. 4 more years of Mitt, Rudy, McCain protectionalism with a dash of socialism with further drive the offshore movement and damage the dollar. Fine then, kill your country...

    the www.hecantwin.com is a great idea, someone run with this, please. Trevor?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q1tVjhVMG8

    Ron Paul Revolution - theme song?

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
    Don't even say that. Don't even give them time to think with their sheeple logic. Just tell them that everyone on the block thinks he can win and is voting for Ron. Use sheeple logic, they are just followers. They will do what everyone else is doing.
    HAHAHAHAHA,

    seriously though, not a bad idea.

    "Yes, Mrs. UninformedAmerican, 75% of the people I just talked to on this block said they are voting for Ron Paul. You don't want to be left out do you? The Revolution is growing, you centainly don't want to be the last one in this neighborhood that decides to vote for Ron Paul. You should just decide you're voting for him right now!"
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

    Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

    Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

  7. #6

    Default

    I like the reply, He is the only anti-war republican. 70% of Americans disapprove of the war. He is the only Republican that would stand a chance in the national election.
    Stay focused on positive fund raising ideas.
    Remind folks to register and actually vote in the primaries. Their support is great, their vote is what counts.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Johnson View Post
    Turn it around. 4 more years of Mitt, Rudy, McCain protectionalism with a dash of socialism with further drive the offshore movement and damage the dollar. Fine then, kill your country...

    the www.hecantwin.com is a great idea, someone run with this, please. Trevor?
    Understanding your point requires too much thinking. Trust me just say he's winning. Try it the next person you tell about Ron Paul. I guarantee you, you'll be amazed how quickly they believe you.


    Have you ever just stooped and started staring at the sky? Many people passing by will start staring with you.
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

    Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

    Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgefisher View Post
    I like the reply, He is the only anti-war republican. 70% of Americans disapprove of the war. He is the only Republican that would stand a chance in the national election.
    Too logical, too much thinking.
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

    Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

    Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

  10. #9

    Default

    These are the people to carpool or get to pre-vote pizza parties so that the herd mentality works in RP's favor (for once).

    http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

  11. #10

    Default

    "If you agree with everything that Ron Paul has to say and vote against him- How do you expect to get what you want? You are voting AGAINST what you want!"
    Last edited by robert4rp08; 01-16-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

    "You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]

  12. #11

    Default

    I'm going to bump this from time to time because I believe it is one of the largest problems we are facing right now, and everyone needs to have a good strategy to combat it.
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

    Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

    Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

  13. #12

    Default

    A friend of mine said yesterday that "Ron Paul has no chance, he's done"

    I replied with "Someone with no chance wouldn't be getting more votes than Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani in the primaries"

    He replied, "That's true"
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

    - Ron Paul

    Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

  14. #13

    Default

    Another POW:

    "Ron Paul is slowly revolutionizing the republican party, and its all about participation to back him up."

    Actually this is RP's own point (that its about the message), and I realized that he is right

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyFromPhilly View Post
    My standard reply is that the USA Hockey team couldnt win against the Soviets in 1980 either.
    That's mine.

  16. #15

    Default

    Stop! Bumpin' Time!
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

    Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

    Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA,

    seriously though, not a bad idea.

    "Yes, Mrs. UninformedAmerican, 75% of the people I just talked to on this block said they are voting for Ron Paul. You don't want to be left out do you? The Revolution is growing, you centainly don't want to be the last one in this neighborhood that decides to vote for Ron Paul. You should just decide you're voting for him right now!"
    I've used this while canvasing and it works! All the other $#@! sounds like you are debating. DON'T DEBATE!! Sheeple can't think on their own.

  18. #17

    Default

    My phone bank line for people who say they're undecided is, "Yes, undecided is the runaway favorite." That's true, by the way. Then, "It's anyone's ball game. A candidate could easily come out of the blue." This in conversations with Republican registered known primary voters.

    "Just look at the issues and vote your conscience." Then the literature comes by mail a few days later, after that seed has had a chance to grow.

  19. #18

    Default

    I never let anybody tell me I am going to lose anything without a yard of lip letting them know I am going to win and i don't care what they think. I look anybody that tells me Ron cannot win right in the eye and tell them...We are going to win and get your country back for you.

    Best
    Randy

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrich4rpaul View Post
    I replied with "Someone with no chance wouldn't be getting more votes than Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani in the primaries"
    This is what's been working for me. I FINALLY got a commitment from my boss yesterday for Ron Paul by bringing up that he's been beating Fred in straw polls and primaries and that Fred is BROKE and Ron Paul has MILLIONS on hand. He remarked that THAT sure didn't sound like he couldn't win and is thinking about letting me put up a BIG Ron Paul sign in front of our office (on a main thoroughfare just east of Nashville)!!
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

    "When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

    Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrich4rpaul View Post
    A friend of mine said yesterday that "Ron Paul has no chance, he's done"

    I replied with "Someone with no chance wouldn't be getting more votes than Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani in the primaries"

    He replied, "That's true"
    No it isn't! Why I saw in the Wall Street Journal that Guiliani and Thompson both were the winners in Michigan! They didn't even mention Ron Paul!

    heh heh.

  22. #21

    Default

    Rob, you are, sadly, correct. Correct and brilliant.
    "The only justifiable purpose of political institutions is to ensure
    the unhindered development of the individual." Albert Einstein


    "When I grow up I wanna be a principal or a caterpillar." Ralph Wiggum

  23. #22

    Default

    This does work, I use this approach myself.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisholley View Post
    This does work, I use this approach myself.
    Hey Chris! I think I know from where you post!

    "A little less conversation?"

    Uhh, what exactly does work?

  25. #24

    Default

    I just used the "He's projected to finish first in our state" on my extended family. They were like "really?" and became excited about voting for him.

    Woot!

  26. #25

    Default

    Oh? Funny, I thought this was still a republic.

  27. #26

    Default

    Maybe he can't win the primary, but I hope he can because no other G.O.P. candidate can get enough crossover votes to win the general election.

  28. #27

    Default

    "If I had a ballot from everyone I've heard say, 'He can't win,' he would have already won."

  29. #28

    Default

    bump
    Last edited by dcdreamboat; 01-17-2008 at 04:34 PM.

  30. #29

    Default

    I like the "all your neighbors are voting for Ron Paul" idea. lol

    Simple and probably outrageously effective. People are sheep. Even here in the R3volution I see the sheep mentality. It is everywhere.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit, because he doesn't come over your property and break your windows. - Dave Hebel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://freedom4um.com/

  31. #30

    Default

    Rob, excellent list and suggestions. This is politics we are in people. Its win or lose. And we must do everything to win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Shooting shows the "Us vs. Them" mentality of the blue line.
    By phill4paul in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:14 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:31 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
  4. Help Fight America's "Lesser of Two Evils" Mentality
    By mkeller in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:10 PM
  5. How To Beat the "He Can't Win Mentality"
    By Rob in forum Michigan
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •