Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting Michigan into Perspective!!

Putting Michigan into Perspective!!

We did not have help from the National campaign!!
    We did not have T.V. ads!!
    We did not have Ron Paul in Michigan!!
    BUT...we beat Fred and Rudy COMBINED!!

This my friends is huge!! Imagine what an organized effort from the National campaign would have done!!
    This is why I have Faith in Nevada!!
    This is why as many of us should try and make it to Florida!!
    Keep on FIGHTING!! we reached over 55,000 people in Michigan!!
    That's over 80,000 people awakened so far in just 3 states!!
    This means we are waking up MILLIONS across the nation!!
    All on our own!! WE ARE WINNING!! Keep it up!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome. You are a breath of fresh air on the forum! Nevada Nevada Nevada Nevada Nevada!!!!!
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

Thanks for the encouragement
    Imagine thousands of Ron Paul supporters marching at the same time in every major city in the world! There are almost 100,000 meetup.com group members!
    The R[3VOL]UTION is just getting started. We have shown the media that we can raise more money in one day than any candidate in history. Now it is time to show them, in person, just how many people this movement unites!
    http://www.ronpaulgum.com
    http://www.ronpaulmarch.com
    -RIP Aaron Russo- http://www.infowars.com

Well put friend. Welcome.
    "I left a post, That I did."

To put things into perspective on a national scale (which I have yet to see the news media do yet, despite being quite fond of polls and statistics):

Current National Tally
    1. Mitt Romney = 443,139 (38.88 %)
    2. John McCain = 299,848 (26.31 %)
    3. Mike Huckabee = 207,308 (18.19 %)
    4. Ron Paul = 84,554 (7.42 %)
    5. Fred Thompson = 50,925 (4.46 %)
    6. Rudy Giuliani = 49,198 (4.31 %)
    7. Duncan Hunter = 4,567 (0.4 %)

= 1,139,539 Votes in total in 2 GOP Primaries & 1 Caucus

Ron Paul got more votes today in Michigan than Giuliani has received over the entire Primary/Caucus period so far.

I am going to be blunt and unpopular in this post because being politically correct is really the wrong thing to do here and now.

We are suffering humiliating defeats people.

Let me repeat that again, we are suffering HUMILIATING DEFEATS!

Yes, I know, we can justify this with a 10000000000000000000 different reasons,

BUT...

We are suffering HUMILIATING DEFEATS.

How can you NOT see that?

So, that is the problem, now what is the solution, what do we do?

Well, we can all pat ourselves on the back and console ourselves with the reality that we beat the "psychopath freedom is about authority fascist"
    and the "actor who wants to play president but is not really sure if he wants to audition very much", but does that really satisfy you?

I DON'T THINK SO!

You have to play to win, not to find the smoothest tissue to wipe your crying face with.

As I mentioned in my other post, if the grassroots and the national campaign do not wake up soon, this will be a footnote not a major turning point in American politics. Do you really think the establishment, will EVER allow an internet anti-establishment candidate to gain any traction in the future after the headaches of this election cycle?

I am serious.

People have got to make it their life mission to get Paul elected.

I mean they have go to go to EVERY SINGLE PRECINCT, and knock on every single door there is to knock on and introduce Paul to virtually every single American family.

Do you not realise people that these results show you clearly that most Americans have no clue who he is and if they do their heads are full of MSM's mislabelling, assumptions and slander?

Do something about it people and do it quickly, because if you do not, you will suffer at the hands of the next administration with all the sickening policies they are trying to implement and continue.
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 01-16-2008 at 03:43 AM.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

You are soooooo missing the POINT!!! THEEVILDETECTOR!!
    This is not just about winning the election!!
    This is about winning the hearts and minds of as many individuals as possible!!
    Ron Paul has given us all a reason to FIGHT and SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!
    Winning the nomination would be great!!
    but more importantly WE ARE WAKING UP AMERICA!! and when that happens things change inevitably!! MILLIONS of people are coming together for a purpose!!
    THIS IS AMAZING!!
    And when the election is over!! either we will have the best president ever!!
    or
    We will have a VERY loud voice of MILLIONS of AWAKENED Americans!!

FOR THIS WE FIGHT ON!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpauleddy View Post
    You are soooooo missing the POINT!!! THEEVILDETECTOR!!
    Am I now?

This is not just about winning the election!!
    I am well aware of tangential benefits.

This is about winning the hearts and minds of as many individuals as possible!!
    Getting elected President would be a good start.

Ron Paul has given us all a reason to FIGHT and SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!
    Yes he has.

Winning the nomination would be great!!
    Yes it would.

but more importantly WE ARE WAKING UP AMERICA!!
    How much America have we woken?

and when that happens things change inevitably!!
    I hope so.

MILLIONS of people are coming together for a purpose!!
    It might be millions, but we haven't had any statistics to back that so far.

* Note that I am not denying what you are saying.

THIS IS AMAZING!!
    The defeats?

And when the election is over!! either we will have the best president ever!!
    That would be great.

or
    We will have a VERY loud voice of MILLIONS of AWAKENED Americans!!

FOR THIS WE FIGHT ON!!!
    We already have a loud voice, but I fear it is being wasted BECAUSE at this time people are not focussing sufficiently on effective election winning strategies to a degree that is required to obtain at least a top 3 finish in a primary.

We need to (amongst other things):

Do massive door knocks.

Do massive advertising in local newspapers, local radio stations.

Focus on the local community with everything you got.

Go precinct by precinct, LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED.

Winning against MSM backed corporate globalist mouth pieces will require nothing less.
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 01-16-2008 at 03:08 AM.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

HUMILIATING DEFEATS??

I don't really think you understand what is going on in this country.

A very humble and knowledgable man decided to run for President with nothing more than a message. He had very little money, almost no national recognition and no way to spread his ideas. Yet somehow that message kept chugging along... The media blackout began almost immediately as word of the success spread. Redicule followed but the message kept chugging along... The spin begins and polls mean everything. Ron Paul is polling at less than 1% and so they say he unelectable yet the message chugs on. Millions of dollars seem to poor in spontaniously from around the country, marches begin to form, meetings begin to come in as hundreds of supports turn to thousands and thousands to hundreds of thousands... Ron Paul loses the first primary's but the message chugs on.

It is not about winning or losing. Over 80,000 people have spoken up and are ready for real change with over 95% of the country yet to go. This is a huge measure of the success of this campaign on all ends and the best has not even begun. Ron Paul is the hottest thing on the market, his name is gold but its his message thats priceless.

Freedom is not silenced by talking heads it is only forgotten by an apathetic population. Knowledge will free us just keep spreading it. It does you no good to blame or try to reason out why everything isn't happening at the pace and results you want. It will come when its time.

Ron Paul 08!
    Freedom for All!
    Taxes for None!

I don't feel humiliated at all. You may be quite young so you don't know how this process works but for a "fringe" candidate to be doing this well is nothing short of inspiring. We have had nothing but increases in support and we have just moved up a place. we are beating the establishment candidate and a tv and movie actor. We can't stop this massive momentum we have built up and we can't not donate on MLK day. We need to get another huge donation day and we will be front runners in no time. we have had bearly 1 - 2% of the country vote so far and you are already so negative it does a diservice to the campaign. Cheer up and get out that and wake people up instead of posting on here and wasting time.

A "President" is not the only path towards change!!

ASK GHANDI!!!
    ASK MLK!!

President or not the Ron Paul revolution will not die!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilDetector View Post
    I am going to be blunt and unpopular in this post because being politically correct is really the wrong thing to do here and now.

We are suffering humiliating defeats people.

Let me repeat that again, we are suffering HUMILIATING DEFEATS!

Yes, I know, we can justify this with a 10000000000000000000 different reasons,

BUT...

We are suffering HUMILIATING DEFEATS.

How can you NOT see that?

So, that is the problem, now what is the solution, what do we do?

Well, we can all pat ourselves on the back and console ourselves with the reality that we beat the "psychopath freedom is about authority fascist"
    and the "actor who wants to play president but is not really sure if he wants to audition very much", but does that really satisfy you?

I DON'T THINK SO!

You have to play to win, not to find the smoothest tissue to wipe your crying face with.

As I mentioned in my other post, if the grassroots and the national campaign do not wake up soon, this will be a footnote not a major turning point in American politics. Do you really think the establishment, will EVER allow an internet anti-establishment candidate to gain any traction in the future after the headaches of this election cycle?

I am serious.

People have got to make it their life mission to get Paul elected.

I mean they have go to go to EVERY SINGLE PRECINCT, and knock on every single door there is to knock on and introduce Paul to virtually every single American family.

Do you not realise people that these results show you clearly that most of american has no clue who he is and if they do their heads are full of MSM's mislabelling, assumptions and slander?

Do something about it people and do it quickly, because if you do not, you will suffer at the hands of the next administration with all the sickening policies they are trying to implement and continue.
    Humiliating defeats? Look. We all knew we didn't pick the glamor boy as our candidate. We all realize he's getting as much press as a 2.0 earthquake in Japan. We all know it's going to be a slog to get the nomination. But sometimes you've got to step back and look around at what's GOOD about what we've accomplished.

More sober action and renewed dedication is needed, but single-minded, rabidly obsessed missionaries make poor canvassers. You'd better learn to see the good in things if you're to convince people to vote for your guy. Sales is 80% attitude.

(and 68% of all statistics are made up on the spot)
    The War on Terror is an entitlement program!

It is the end of the beginning my friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbro View Post
    HUMILIATING DEFEATS??
    YES!

I don't really think you understand what is going on in this country.
    I think you have made a false statement above.

A very humble and knowledgable man decided to run for President with nothing more than a message.
    Yes.

He had very little money, almost no national recognition
    Yes.

and no way to spread his ideas.
    False.

Yet somehow that message kept chugging along... The media blackout began almost immediately as word of the success spread.
    It is not a blackout. It is bias.

Redicule followed but the message kept chugging along... The spin begins and polls mean everything.
    Polls are used by many parties for many reasons, they are not all bad.

Ron Paul is polling at less than 1% and so they say he unelectable yet the message chugs on.
    That is far too general and most likely incorrect as a result.

"They"?

Which poll <1%?

Millions of dollars seem to poor in spontaniously from around the country,
    GOOD!

marches begin to form,
    GOOD!

meetings begin to come in as hundreds of supports turn to thousands and thousands to hundreds of thousands...
    GOOD! KEEP GOING.

Ron Paul loses the first primary's but the message chugs on.
    Excellent.

It is not about winning or losing.
    At this time, believe me IT IS.

Over 80,000 people have spoken up and are ready for real change
    GOOD.

with over 95% of the country yet to go.
    Think about what I have been saying and then what you have said above, and maybe it will dwell upon you, that national HQ and the grassroots have got to step it up several orders of magnitude!

This is a huge measure of the success of this campaign on all ends
    It is a measure of around 5-8%

and the best has not even begun.
    I am glad you are optimistic, I will be too if his percentages begin to rise.

Ron Paul is the hottest thing on the market,
    The numbers do not show it.

Certainly his principles and records do, but those alone have never won elections.

his name is gold but its his message thats priceless.
    That is all very nice, you do not have to convince me you like the man.

Freedom is not silenced by talking heads it is only forgotten by an apathetic population.
    You do not need to preach to me, I have read and seen 100s of articles, videos etc.

Knowledge will free us just keep spreading it.
    This is precisely the point of my earlier posts.

It does you no good to blame or try to reason out why everything isn't happening at the pace and results you want.
    Oh yes it does!

It will come when its time.
    I do not believe in miracles friend.

Ron Paul 08!
    Freedom for All!
    Taxes for None!
    Very good marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arramond View Post
    I don't feel humiliated at all. You may be quite young so you don't know how this process works but for a "fringe" candidate to be doing this well is nothing short of inspiring. We have had nothing but increases in support and we have just moved up a place. we are beating the establishment candidate and a tv and movie actor. We can't stop this massive momentum we have built up and we can't not donate on MLK day. We need to get another huge donation day and we will be front runners in no time. we have had bearly 1 - 2% of the country vote so far and you are already so negative it does a diservice to the campaign. Cheer up and get out that and wake people up instead of posting on here and wasting time.
    Yay.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by all J's in IL for RP View Post
    Humiliating defeats? Look. We all knew we didn't pick the glamor boy as our candidate. We all realize he's getting as much press as a 2.0 earthquake in Japan. We all know it's going to be a slog to get the nomination. But sometimes you've got to step back and look around at what's GOOD about what we've accomplished.

More sober action and renewed dedication is needed, but single-minded, rabidly obsessed missionaries make poor canvassers. You'd better learn to see the good in things if you're to convince people to vote for your guy. Sales is 80% attitude.

I am saying whatever has been done so far or is being done at the moment is not enough to win the nomination. Getting nomination is vital, without it, Paul drops out. When Paul drops out, you have a bunch of frustrated voters without a voice, end of story.

So if he doesn't get nomination, these frustrated voters now have to form a political entity ?

So what do they form? A party?

They will not be the first to do so but third parties never get a break.

I do not know how to stress enough that winning this thing is very very important.

By the way, I am not talking about rabid missionaries, I am talking about hard working dedicated people who will go door knocking or pool resources to advertise locally and cover every precinct in the country so that Paul starts posting results in the top 3.
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 01-16-2008 at 03:32 AM.

I am saying whatever has been done so far or is being done at the moment is not enough to win the nomination. Getting nomination is vital, without it, Paul drops out. When Paul drops out, you have a bunch of frustrated voters without a voice, end of story.

So if he doesn't get nomination, these frustrated voters now have to form a political entity ?

I do not know how to stress enough that winning this things is very very important.

By the way, I am not talking about rabid missionaries, I am talking about hard working dedicated people who will go door knocking or pool resources to advertise locally.
    NO VOICE??

Look at what we did to expose FOX news!!
    We the People are the VOICE!!
    as long as we stick together!!

NO VOICE??

Look at what we did to expose FOX news!!
    We the People are the VOICE!!
    as long as we stick together!!
    Ok.

Picture this.

Paul DOES NOT get the Republican Nomination.
    Paul DOES NOT run Third Party.

Now what?

*silence*

EXACTLY.

You MUST get him NOMINATED, but the results so far offer no hope of that happening.

This is WHY I am saying the effort needs to step up rapidly.

We've got OUR MOST IMPORTANT FEEDBACK ( ie. primary result(s) ), now we NEED TO ACT ON THE FEEDBACK.

The FEEDBACK is telling us that whatever has been done SO FAR is nowhere near good enough to secure the nomination!!

I can't make my case any more obvious.
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 01-16-2008 at 03:41 AM.

I do not know how to stress enough that winning this thing is very very important.

By the way, I am not talking about rabid missionaries, I am talking about hard working dedicated people who will go door knocking or pool resources to advertise locally and cover every precinct in the country so that Paul starts posting results in the top 3.
    I'm with you on most of your points, guess I just reacted to the tone. Enthusiasm is something we need to focus, not throw water on. To bed with me!.
    The War on Terror is an entitlement program!

I'm with you on most of your points, guess I just reacted to the tone. Enthusiasm is something we need to focus, not throw water on. To bed with me!.
    I do not blame you for misunderstanding me, I decided to forget political correctness and just state bluntly what is on my mind because nothing is more important than doing everything possible (within constraint of law and ethics of course) to make Ron win.

Based on the results so far I refuse to believe that we can secure 1st, 2nd and 3rd finishes without a major ramp up of efforts, both at the local and state level of the grassroots and the HQ campaigns.

I do not believe in miracles, just hard work.

IMHO what people need to realise is that while the internet has done the vast bulk of the early foundational work (ie. spread the message and provide name recognition) for us for free and seemingly effortlessly, the internet alone simply CANNOT win an election and it is foolish and naive to think so although very understandable given the intensity of internet based support that Paul enjoys.

If Paul wins the nomination and then the presidency it will NOT be because the internet made him win, it will be because internet has awoken enough Americans who then went to campaign hard for him outdoors and through local media and started a chain reaction that was fast enough to make a large impact in the primary results so that the nomination looked like a very real possibility.

It is interesting to see that people have blasted me for trying to a) bring attention to the present and future meaning of the primary results released so far and b) show that without a big increase in effort these results will not miraculously improve all by themselves.
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 01-16-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Ok.

Picture this.

Paul DOES NOT get the Republican Nomination.
    Paul DOES NOT run Third Party.

Now what?

*silence*

EXACTLY.
    My problem with your posts is that you operate under the assumption that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination, our movement is over. I put a pretty lucrative career on hold to stump for Dr. Paul, I'm involved in my local meetups, I went to New Hampshire to canvass for 2 weeks, I'm a RP precinct captain, and hopefully a precinct chair in the Texas GOP, along with soon-to-be deputy voter registrar and as far up the delegate chain as I can get. All of this after being completely and utterly ignorant and apathetic of all things political, philosophical, or historical. Never voted in my life to date.

All that said, I do what I do for a dual-purposes. One is to get Ron Paul elected, the other is to acquaint new people with the philosophy of freedom. So if you remove the first, the second remains, as it is independent of any candidacy. For these ideals I will fight the rest of my natural life in some way or another. One thing I learned in New Hampshire, after knocking on hundreds of doors and distributing even more pocket-Constitutions and literature, is: you will never convert an indoctrinated sheep no matter what you say during your 5/10-minute window.

The glassy-eyed dupes to the barrage of propaganda will not wake up tomorrow, or next week. Its going to take a steady dose of logic and truth, plus some of the wisdom of the founding fathers to do that. Most of us took a long path to the beliefs we share in common by being in the same forum. Two years ago, I was out to pasture. Do what you can to get Ron Paul elected, but keep focus on the fact that ITS THE MESSAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by immanent12 View Post
    My problem with your posts is that you operate under the assumption that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination, our movement is over.
    I most certainly do NOT operate under that assumption.

I put a pretty lucrative career on hold to stump for Dr. Paul, I'm involved in my local meetups, I went to New Hampshire to canvass for 2 weeks, I'm a RP precinct captain, and hopefully a precinct chair in the Texas GOP, along with soon-to-be deputy voter registrar and as far up the delegate chain as I can get. All of this after being completely and utterly ignorant and apathetic of all things political, philosophical, or historical. Never voted in my life to date.
    This is fantastic.

All that said, I do what I do for a dual-purposes. One is to get Ron Paul elected, the other is to acquaint new people with the philosophy of freedom. So if you remove the first, the second remains, as it is independent of any candidacy.
    Of course.

For these ideals I will fight the rest of my natural life in some way or another.

One thing I learned in New Hampshire, after knocking on hundreds of doors and distributing even more pocket-Constitutions and literature, is: you will never convert an indoctrinated sheep no matter what you say during your 5/10-minute window.
    Meaning what exactly? Is there an implication being made about Paul's chances here?

The glassy-eyed dupes to the barrage of propaganda will not wake up tomorrow, or next week. Its going to take a steady dose of logic and truth, plus some of the wisdom of the founding fathers to do that.
    On what finances and systems and platforms do you plan to administer the "steady dose of logic and truth" to the masses?

Most of us took a long path to the beliefs we share in common by being in the same forum. Two years ago, I was out to pasture. Do what you can to get Ron Paul elected, but keep focus on the fact that ITS THE MESSAGE.
    What we need to focus on is that we are NOT doing enough to get Paul elected, IOW we are capable of much more.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This my friends is huge!! Imagine what an organized effort from the National campaign would have done!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
    I didn't know this. Does anyone know why RP did not appear or show ads in Michigan? I've been assuming that he's campaigning in each state as the primary nears, knowing that he'll work some states harder than others. Good performances in early states can create momentum heading into other states. Strange that he would ignore Michigan entirely.

Still, good to see a solid 4th finish and further proof that Rudy and Thompson are all but out.
    “The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” – Thomas Jefferson

++++++1
    “The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” – Thomas Jefferson

Nice thread

This is a good thread, what i'm getting out of it is both the importance of keeping a very positive attitude, especially when canvassing, and the need to up our performance. These things are not mutually exclusive and though we must recognize reality in the form of our not placing in the top 3, we should think about the positive side of what we've been doing (waking up america) as a way to keep up our hopes and keep looking forward. March on brothers.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
    Well said!
    We need to remain positive here people

PatriotG
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

Restore The Republic.Org

PokeTheEye.ORG

I do not blame you for misunderstanding me, I decided to forget political correctness and just state bluntly what is on my mind because nothing is more important than doing everything possible (within constraint of law and ethics of course) to make Ron win.

Based on the results so far I refuse to believe that we can secure 1st, 2nd and 3rd finishes without a major ramp up of efforts, both at the local and state level of the grassroots and the HQ campaigns.

I do not believe in miracles, just hard work.

IMHO what people need to realise is that while the internet has done the vast bulk of the early foundational work (ie. spread the message and provide name recognition) for us for free and seemingly effortlessly, the internet alone simply CANNOT win an election and it is foolish and naive to think so although very understandable given the intensity of internet based support that Paul enjoys.

If Paul wins the nomination and then the presidency it will NOT be because the internet made him win, it will be because internet has awoken enough Americans who then went to campaign hard for him outdoors and through local media and started a chain reaction that was fast enough to make a large impact in the primary results so that the nomination looked like a very real possibility.

It is interesting to see that people have blasted me for trying to a) bring attention to the present and future meaning of the primary results released so far and b) show that without a big increase in effort these results will not miraculously improve all by themselves.
    You did not set aside "political correctness" with this post, you set aside tactfulness. There's a difference. You aren't telling anyone here what they don't know already. You're just getting up in their faces like some old school gridiron half-time ass chewin'.

I haven't read anywhere in this thread or elsewhere in the forum that people are encouraging us to not work as hard, to not go door to door, to not do whatever it takes to win the nomination.

Your cries have the tone of "failures! all of you! Not get out and work hard!"

Others cry "Great work! Now get out and work hard!"

What they have in common is the call to stay as focused and active as possible. Where they divert is that one message is made to make us feel bad about ourselves while the other seeks to find the good in what we've done so we can feel good about ourselves going forward.

Your strategy is divisive. I suggest you reconsider. No one wants political correctness here just like no one wants to be insulted for finding the good in any outcome. It is not self-delusional. There is good happening all around us in this campaign. Save your challenges for the people who explicity say "we don't need to work hard anymore". Your logic breaks down when you assume that people who see positive progress where you see failure, in doing so, don't believe that we must continue to work as hard as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joenaab View Post
    You did not set aside "political correctness" with this post, you set aside tactfulness.
    I respect all Ron Paul's supporters, but I am not going to mince my words, when it comes to something so fundamentally important.

I want to communicate the truth as I see it, doing otherwise is a cowardly disservice.

If you are going to nitpick on tact, when I specifically stated that this isn't a PC message, you have missed the point I am making.

If you do not believe my message is effective, then you can do better. I did what I consider to be the right thing to do.

There's a difference.
    Non PC messages are hardly sweet and fluffy.

You aren't telling anyone here what they don't know already.
    I am sure many are aware that these results leave a lot of room for improvement.

You're just getting up in their faces like some old school gridiron half-time ass chewin'.
    Sometimes, this is how games get won. How morale gets brought back up.

The essense of my post is this:
    We can do better.
    We must do better.
    We have not even done 10% of what we are capable of.

Did you fail to see this?

I haven't read anywhere in this thread or elsewhere in the forum that people are encouraging us to not work as hard, to not go door to door, to not do whatever it takes to win the nomination.
    Good.

Your cries have the tone of "failures! all of you! Not get out and work hard!"
    Let me correct you right there.

"Results in the primaries are nowhere near where they need to be.
    Sorry, but it is what it is. We can and should do better."

I did not call or mean to imply that anyone is a failure.

Prior to the first primaries there was no way of knowing what to expect.

Now we know where we are at.

Others cry "Great work! Now get out and work hard!"
    Excellent.

What they have in common is the call to stay as focused and active as possible. Where they divert is that one message is made to make us feel bad about ourselves while the other seeks to find the good in what we've done so we can feel good about ourselves going forward.
    I'll be quite honest with you there is no time to feel bad or good about anything.

We just need to do the work that needs to be done.

The country is falling apart in every meaning of the word due to the abuse of power and corruption at the topmost levels.

For the above reasons this election is vital.

If Paul does not succeed, there will be plenty of feeling bad and some to spare, you can bet your last dollar on that (pun VERY much intended).

Your strategy is divisive.
    How?

I suggest you reconsider.
    Why? I am pointing out the ugly facts, the reality with all its warts if you will.

No one wants political correctness here just like no one wants to be insulted for finding the good in any outcome.
    Just who exactly am I insulting??? And how???

It is not self-delusional. There is good happening all around us in this campaign.
    Of course there is.

Save your challenges for the people who explicity say "we don't need to work hard anymore".
    I don't think I shall save my "challenges".

Your logic breaks down when you assume that people who see positive progress where you see failure, in doing so, don't believe that we must continue to work as hard as possible.
    We haven't made progress in the primaries so far, we have been coming last or 2nd last effectively. We have not broken into top 3 yet.

We need to do that (ie. break into top 3).

My point is that unless the effort is ramped up, it is unlikely to happen based on what has been seen to date.

Let me elaborate on the progress remark above.

"Progress" of the message has been great on the internet.
    "Progress" of the message has been slow in real life.

Which wins elections?
    Last edited by TheEvilDetector; 01-16-2008 at 06:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast