Thread: Something to keep in mind with these results

Something to keep in mind with these results

Yeah, some of us were expecting a clean Ron Paul sweep and are somewhat disappointed. HOWEVER, realize that a 7% 4th-place showing looks like disappointment to us hardcore supporters, but it's an eye-opening success to much of the other 95% of the population.

After NH I got an e-mail from my stepmom congratulating (!) us with genuine astonishment. "He's right up there with Giuliani and Thompson," she said. To the brainwashed masses, told only that Ron Paul's a nutcase, a solid 4th or 5th place piques interest.

You never know when this thing is going to take off. Maybe never. But it could be at any time, and could be triggered by any number of events -- an unexpected endorsement, a severe downturn in the Dow or dollar, a semi-mysterious expansion of support a la Huckabee -- we just don't know. But this is the kind of campaign -- unprecedented -- where such lightning can strike.

46 states to go. We're in 4th place. Fight!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will never forget Thompson supporters attacking my myspace profile when Thompson first jumped in. They said Ron Paul would never get more than 3% of the vote. I get a lot of satisfaction seeing Ron Paul stomp Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Zydeco View Post
    You never know when this thing is going to take off
    When we get rid of the diebold machines and destroy the MSM.

Just all the more reason to keep it cool guys....any trashing of other candidates supporters will turn them away from us when they have to go elsewhere

nt
    Last edited by PlzPeopleWakeUp; 03-10-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Just all the more reason to keep it cool guys....any trashing of other candidates supporters will turn them away from us when they have to go elsewhere
    We have to trash the candidates themselves. Not the supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    Correct.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah, it puts us above the "fringe category" of 3%, especially since this 7 - 10% has been consistant. If Paul would just break into the double digits, there would be another 5% of those who want to pick someone who can win. There really is no reason to take him out of the debates.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfsmith View Post
    I will never forget Thompson supporters attacking my myspace profile when Thompson first jumped in. They said Ron Paul would never get more than 3% of the vote. I get a lot of satisfaction seeing Ron Paul stomp Thompson

I feel the exact same way. Mainly because the Thompson supporters on another forum I've been going to have been the most vicious, hateful and rude against Ron Paul and Paul supporters.
    "If God is just, I tremble for my country." - Thomas Jefferson

Numbers have increased every time so far

Another thing, which may or may not have to do with simply the voter turnout and population of the states is the actul number of votes Ron has received. From 11,000 in Iowa, to 18,000 in New Hampshire, to 29,000 so far today. While the percentages are important, the fact that there are over 58,000 people in these three states so far who believe in the message is promising. This is surely just the beginning.

Yeah, some of us were expecting a clean Ron Paul sweep and are somewhat disappointed. HOWEVER, realize that a 7% 4th-place showing looks like disappointment to us hardcore supporters, but it's an eye-opening success to much of the other 95% of the population.

After NH I got an e-mail from my stepmom congratulating (!) us with genuine astonishment. "He's right up there with Giuliani and Thompson," she said. To the brainwashed masses, told only that Ron Paul's a nutcase, a solid 4th or 5th place piques interest.

You never know when this thing is going to take off. Maybe never. But it could be at any time, and could be triggered by any number of events -- an unexpected endorsement, a severe downturn in the Dow or dollar, a semi-mysterious expansion of support a la Huckabee -- we just don't know. But this is the kind of campaign -- unprecedented -- where such lightning can strike.

Great paradigm shift here about the eye opening success. That's a good positive way to think about it.

46 states to go: Ron Paul for the Long Haul!

Quote Originally Posted by Curlz31 View Post
    When we get rid of the diebold machines and destroy the MSM.
    I monitored thed Deibolds. They were accurate. You couldn't see the actual votes, but they were sealed and put off into storage.

Exclamation Looking for some change

I think it is time for the campaign to talk this from grass roots to mainstream. We as supporters cannot do this alone. We have to continue to donate and hope the folks at HQ hire the right PR folks.I beleive that they could garner many times these numbers by buying time and paying full price for professional quality commercials. Other candidates are getting nicely produced commercials have they have less $$ then we do? They need to do this before we lose any steam and before the super tuesday. I hope that they have this planned because we cannot win this thing unless something changes. We have alot at stake here as a country and as Americans. Hope the campaign is miles ahead of me on this.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Excellent post. I'm with you 100%. And now, it's on to SC and NV. NV could be a great boost. I hope so.

Bosso

Quote Originally Posted by VRP08 View Post
    At least RP is on the pie!
    LOL

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.