Thread: Huckabee's Gates of Hell

Huckabee's Gates of Hell

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/...s_war_of_words

from the transcript of the SC debate...

HUCKABEE: I'm going to trust that the president, with the information that he had and that those com-manders had, made the right decision. I think we need to make it very clear, not just to the Iranians, but to anybody, that if you think you're going to engage the United States military, be prepared not simply to have a battle. Be prepared, first, to put your sights on the American vessel. And then be prepared that the next things you see will be the gates of Hell, because that is exactly what you will see after that.

THOMPSON: Iran was clearly testing us. They took British hostages under similar circumstances and it proceeded ob-viously much past what happened to us, but they're testing our resolve. They know that they're dealing with a nation that's not going to put up with that sort of thing. But it's some insight as to the way that they're thinking.

GIULIANI: I think an incident like this reminds us that we shouldn't be lulled into some false sense of confidence about Iran. We have to be very focused on the fact that Iran should not be allowed to become a nuclear power. We should make it very, very clear that we're not going to allow that, and we should go to every country that we can think of to impose serious sanctions on Iran.

MCCAIN: But don't think that this wasn't a serious situation of the utmost seriousness in one of the most important waterways in the world, because of so much of the world's oil goes through there.

PAUL: I would certainly urge a lot more caution than I'm hearing here tonight. It reminds me of what happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. We went to war there, then, later on, found out there was a lot of false information.

So here we have -- let's put it in perspective. We have five small speedboats attacking the U.S. Navy with a Destroyer? They could take care of those speedboats in about five seconds. And here we're ready to start World War III over this?

And now, guess what, today, the Navy commander of the Fifth Fleet was on ABC and announced that, you know, that voice might not have come from those vessels. So what does that mean?Was there a rush to judgment on this, ready to go to war?

And you know there are people in this administration and in Washington, D.C., that are looking for the chance.They were so disappointed with the national estimate on intelligence. And they were disap-pointed that there's no attempt to build weapons in Iran since 2003.
    "Money was money back then, it really bought something." - Alan Greenspan, June 5, 2003

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Huckleberry Hound saying that all Muslims are going to hell? That seems like a bigoted statement to me.

New Huck Slogan

Mike Huckabee 2008 Where knowledge ends, religion begins.

His statement does not fit in with Christian theology whereas soldiers defending their country will see the gates of hell. We are invading their country, it just doesn't compute. When he made that statement, I knew it would alienate a lot of Christians. Not the wisest words for someone claiming to be an ordained minister!

GIULIANI: I think an incident like this reminds us that we shouldn't be lulled into some false sense of confidence about Iran. We have to be very focused on the fact that Iran should not be allowed to become a nuclear power. We should make it very, very clear that we're not going to allow that, and we should go to every country that we can think of to impose serious sanctions on Iran.
    isn't there a list of these so-called alleged countries somewhere?

Huckabee was just trying to fit in. It was a Fox debate after all.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    isn't there a list of these countries somewhere?
    Yeah, look on your map, cover up America, and theres your list.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    isn't there a list of these so-called alleged countries somewhere?
    That's the same thing I thought. "All the countries we can think of"... WTF does that even mean?
    Help convert the Republican Party from within

|------------|------------------|---------------|-----------------|-You are here----|-----------|
    Tyranny --> Revolution --> Freedom --> Prosperity --> Dependency ---> Tyranny

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just love that the news article I linked says that the voices heard on the tapes are from a well know radio prankster in the area.

RP is the only one to address the issue sensibly and the facts have proven him correct again.
    "Money was money back then, it really bought something." - Alan Greenspan, June 5, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by MayTheRonBeWithYou View Post
    Is Huckleberry Hound saying that all Muslims are going to hell? That seems like a bigoted statement to me.
    Evangelical Christianity has always believed and taught that everyone who does not trust in Jesus Christ is going to hell.

I do not know what Mike Huckabee believes, but if he does not believe that all Muslims are going to hell, he is out of step with evangelical Christianity.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand