Thread: Are we being tested?

Smile Are we being tested?

I think Ron Paul is testing us...to see how badly we want the freedom he is promising.
    What better way to determine if the American people are competent and ready for a RP presidency, than to see if they have the determination to elect a President with very little help...It would be the ultimate show of the power of the PEOPLE....Just a random thought that inspired me LOL. Carry on.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i believe he is in a way testing us. the precinct captain program is an example. if ppl really

wanted freedom theyd go for it straight away. i hope you and all those in the forums have signed

up for it.

I most certainly have! Been a little slow getting a strategy together, but the La. campaign field manager is giving me slim jims and signs tomorrow, and I plan to start calling and canvassing this weekend. I have recruited a couple of people to the Precinct Leader program so far, and have started a group for Ron Paul on my campus so hopefully I won't have to go at it alone! We have 12 members in two days, so that's exciting for me, considering how small my town is. Our meetup group only has 10.

I think the Precinct Leader Program really could work...If we get enough support.

Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey70@yahoo.com View Post
    I most certainly have! Been a little slow getting a strategy together, but the La. campaign field manager is giving me slim jims and signs tomorrow, and I plan to start calling and canvassing this weekend. I have recruited a couple of people to the Precinct Leader program so far, and have started a group for Ron Paul on my campus so hopefully I won't have to go at it alone! We have 12 members in two days, so that's exciting for me, considering how small my town is. Our meetup group only has 10.

I think the Precinct Leader Program really could work...If we get enough support.
    great job!! lets hope this program really lifts off

folks with busy schedule, will not bother with precinct program. school, work, family adds enough stress

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    folks with busy schedule, will not bother with precinct program. school, work, family adds enough stress
    Which is why I've been telling everyone that people need to be given a lesser option... Tell them to just show the $#@! up for a day here and there when they can. They're scaring away tons of people by not telling people to just do that if the leader thing is too much. If I was given 100 lackeys to deal with I'd get them workin' inside of a morning.

I think part of the problem with the precinct captain training videos is they make it so complicated that it scares people away..

I turned around, made a 5 minute email (out of a 60+ minute video) and explained it clearly and precisely.

Seems to have instilled more confidence in my membership..

JDF

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well for one i am very busy. I am only 18, I just moved here I don't know anyone, and its too much for me to be a precient leader, it is too bad that I live in a small area I don' tthink we have a meetup.

The real problem is that it's not made prominent enough that:

YOU CAN DO NO HARM BY SIGNING UP
    YOU WILL NOT LOCK OTHERS OUT OF THE SLOT
    EVEN IF YOU INTEND TO ONLY COVER YOUR STREET, DO IT
    YOU IN NO WAY BECOME INDIVIDUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PRECINCT'S RESULTS

etc...

I don't know if it's still on the sign-up, but when I signed they had some 'Pledge' where you 'Pledge to deliver' your precinct for Ron Paul.

I hesitated a day before signing it, eventually figuring it was such a worthless pledge I don't mind if fate breaks it.

Yes this has scared me away aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rushmore View Post
    The real problem is that it's not made prominent enough that:

YOU CAN DO NO HARM BY SIGNING UP
    YOU WILL NOT LOCK OTHERS OUT OF THE SLOT
    EVEN IF YOU INTEND TO ONLY COVER YOUR STREET, DO IT
    YOU IN NO WAY BECOME INDIVIDUALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PRECINCT'S RESULTS

etc...

I don't know if it's still on the sign-up, but when I signed they had some 'Pledge' where you 'Pledge to deliver' your precinct for Ron Paul.

I hesitated a day before signing it, eventually figuring it was such a worthless pledge I don't mind if fate breaks it.
    QFT.

When I first went to the sight I thought signing up would lock someone else out, and I can't commit to canvassing everyone right now.

Scared me away. Until I read this thread and saw the "shy people can be precinct leaders too" thread.

both these should be sticked.

Quote Originally Posted by robskicks View Post
    wat is qft?
    "quoted for truth"

Quote Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
    Well for one i am very busy. I am only 18, I just moved here I don't know anyone, and its too much for me to be a precient leader, it is too bad that I live in a small area I don' tthink we have a meetup.
    Even if you don't want to be a precinct leader, you can still go door-to-door for RP. I just moved in to my place a few months ago and don't know anyone yet, but this works like a charm:

"Hi, I'm Abyss - I'm your neighbor from over on Maple Leaf Rd. and am volunteering for the Ron Paul for President campaign. Have you heard of Ron Paul?"

... And go from there. Helps if you can have a girl do some of the talking, especially if you're knocking on doors after sunset.
    </gov't>

Want to be a delegate? Go here: http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm

Detailed guide on becoming a delegate: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...567#post412567

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey70@yahoo.com View Post
    I think Ron Paul is testing us...to see how badly we want the freedom he is promising.
    What better way to determine if the American people are competent and ready for a RP presidency, than to see if they have the determination to elect a President with very little help...It would be the ultimate show of the power of the PEOPLE....Just a random thought that inspired me LOL. Carry on.
    Testing us?! are you kidding me... you act as if RP is God...

I'm not so sure it is a "test" of the grassroots dedication, but more of a measure to see if there are enough supporters out there who are willing to work directly with the campaign, rather than taking matters into their own hands.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !