Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McCain will win the Presidency

I am voting for Dr. Paul. I will absolutely not vote for someone else.

If I have to I will write his name in. I think it is way too early to think about that yet though. He keeps gaining support, their is no front runner yet.

Dr. Paul is the only one that could beat any of the Dems.

The only choice is Dr. Paul or an internationalist / globalist / neocon.

Remember to donate, I am.

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

"Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country ... by knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them."
    ~Chief-Justice John Jay, 1777

U.S. Constitution

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSOL View Post
    Stick this thread, cause I just predicted the winner.

America is not ready for a minority leader. A sad truth. Too many 'old school' influences in the vote.

With Hillary and Obama being minorties, that leaves McCain. The democrats tried twice to beat this current adminstration and lost.

Think about that; is America realyl going to vote for a woman or a black man as its leader ?

(I have no problem's with it but acknowledge the majorty of this countries voters will)
    I guess you think this is a forum about picking the winner. This forum is about turning this country around so that people who sit around with their finger in the wind are proven wrong.

If we get around to making a prize for someone who can best take the pulse of the American electorate, and in the sad possibility that you are actually proven right, we will make sure to contact you for where to pick up your award.

/sarc

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HippyInASuit View Post
    You are wrong. The Republicans have been running dead horses for a reason. They are planning to lose. Hillary is the anointed one.
    CORRECT.the 2 party system is 1 party,and Ron Paul is fighting to hijack the right wing back

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    I guess you think this is a forum about picking the winner. This forum is about turning this country around so that people who sit around with their finger in the wind are proven wrong.

If we get around to making a prize for someone who can best take the pulse of the American electorate, and in the sad possibility that you are actually proven right, we will make sure to contact you for where to pick up your award.

/sarc
    Oh jesus

What is it exactly do you think the purpose of this thread was ? To stand up and say give me a brownie when the winner is elected ?

No.

The purpose was bringing to light the obvious.

Does it piss me off ? Yes. Does everyone here realize the possibility of the prediction ? Not by chance, but by the GOP plan.

I hope I am wrong. I want nothing but Ron Paul in office but you missed the point entirely.
    Video # 1
    -
    "Revolution was effected before the war commenced. The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people . . . . This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution."
    John Adams, 1818

Quote Originally Posted by TSOL View Post
    That's right. The Empire has chosen their man and that man is John McCain.

-

Obama is a black man. It ain't gonna happen. Too many southern states will suck that vote option away.

Hillary is a woman. Even with more women voters than men, women make up 60% of late deciders in voting. Late deciders. Not good.

Edwards, Mitt and Huckabee are merely blankets in the race. Mitt will get the Mormon vote and that's about it.

Paul, with the blatant lack of media coverage is the only candidate that will save our country for the people, but the Industrial Complex driven Empire won't have any of that. Lack of coverage leads to lack of exposure and recognition and there are simply too many voters who go with who the media tells them they should.

Ladies and Gentlemen ? Presindent John McCain and atleast another 4 years of the status qou.
    Just my opinion, but here are some areas that I differ on.

1. As for Obama, I think you're overestimating the importance of race to the American public, especially the south. I'm a southerner, and I'd have no problem voting for Obama (if he really was against the war, that is).

2. Same as above, with regard to Hillary. I don't think most people seriously take collectivist illusions like race or gender into account when making such a crucial decision as who to support for President.

3. I don't see McCain EVER winning the Republican nomination. He has the charisma of a wet shoe, nothing to distinguish his platform or message as unique in any way, and his illegal immigration stance is grist for the conservative border hawks' mill.
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 01-15-2008 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoutmaker View Post
    John McCain ALWAYS has the chance to say something stupid...and probably WILL. Like saying to Michigan voters that their lost jobs are not coming back....what a moron. He's just handing the state to Romney.

This would make it Huckabee, McCain, Romney having all won a contest, with Thompson a possibility in SC this could bode well for Gulianni's late strategy.

Let's not forget, unlike the Democratic primary process where every delegate is distributed based on percentage in each state, Republican have WINNER TAKES ALL states.

If Gulianni can pull of Florida, and then do well enough to keep the entire electorate guessing who will win, and then pull out wins in WINNER TAKE ALL New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, he could EASILY take this thing in a walk.

It is FAR too early to be making any predictions.
    Lost jobs are coming back to Michigan.

And McCain is dead.

The problem is, it's too late.

More people are on the government tit than are productive citizens.

They're going to vote against the policies that are working to bring those jobs back.

I predict McCain will not win the presidency , in any country.
    Do something Danke

Golden Oldies... One More TYME!!!

BuddyRey and WilliamC

both in this thread.

Sad.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well time to necro bump all the threads about McCain from 10 years ago.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2008 was when I quit making predictions. I optimistically believed Ron would win. I believed neocons weren't evil, just misguided and open to the truth. I thought Americans loved freedom. As 2008 wore on I realized I was very wrong.

Even funnier, I helped run some satire forums spoofing different candidates starting with Fred. We soon started others, but didn't do McCain until the tail end of the primaries because we really didn't think he had the chance. Then he pulled through. I still don't know if it was from fraud or if the GOP was that stupid or both. Back when the OP posted this I would have harped on him. Funny how things appear in retrospect.

This thread stands as a testament to just how bad people here are at predicting political outcomes.

Thread title didn't age well

Honestly I knew Obama was going to win as soon as he became the nominee.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12