Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There. 400K bills for everyone. An emotional surprise via mail.

There. 400K bills for everyone. An emotional surprise via mail.

What would you do if you received a bill of 400K in your mail?

That's the total every household should pay to pull the US out of debt. And, as promo suggested in another thread, this would be a powerful message that awakes emotions. And we know that emotions are way more important than facts in the current times. So, to sum it up:

1) Create a fake bill with 400K
    2) Add a page explaining that "We are bankrupt, you owe us" (or something along those lines)
    3) Explain a short and comprehensive list of points through which ron paul would address the issue.
    4) Send it to as many households as possible, and personally addressed to the household's owner/family name (make it personal!).

If this is well done, it could at least move the focus of the whole political discussion towards the economic troubles while portraying ron paul as the only one having real solutions to a huge problem. (The danger of associating ron paul to a bill has to be addressed).

Now, I live in switzerland and have no real idea on how a US bill looks (otherwise I would already have made a draft)... that's why I ask you all to support this idea. I think it has really really really big potential. What do you think?
    Last edited by Slist; 01-14-2008 at 11:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Yep, if that doesn't wake people up, nothing will... Hit them in their pockets, hit them hard

I'd like to add

5) make sure to supply valid sources on the 400K number (the US General Comptroller right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Promo View Post
    I'd like to add

5) make sure to supply valid sources on the 400K number (the US General Comptroller right?)
    Yeah, good idea

wow. this might not help with the campaign, but could help in general.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

Quote Originally Posted by micahnelson View Post
    wow. this might not help with the campaign, but could help in general.
    Agreed. See the link in my signature. A "bill" would be a good complimentary tool!

This revolution isn't a one time thing. We need to WAKE people up!!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

This could be most effective if sent in a month or two when most are expecting a tax refund check. Get some mock Government envelops made and a spoof treasury type letter.
    Always Remember:
    Freedom isn't free, no there's a hefty f***'n fee.

Keeping in line with Neo-Con policies criminals have started showing their support for local police by engaging them in deadly shootouts.

I am a proud Ron Paul Republican.

We will die on our feet before we live on our knees.

Anyone with artistic talent that can get a pdf or jpg "bill" worked up that people can print? Would work best if we can print addresses easily on the "bill" and use the window type envelopes.

Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

great Idea dude...How about making a paper bill and dropping it in all your neighbors' mailbox...a

Just saying how it would be to make the dispatch as three items:

1) The 400K bill (39847.29 or whatever is exact)
    2) A booklet explaining how true this is, and internet links (to govt/ news/ think-tank sites) where they can verify that themselves.
    3) And how brutal US govt can be to recollect that debt (practically a part of it though). Reminding the Economic crisis/ Gold seizure / Recent Sub-prime Mortgage crisis etc. etc.

(also indicating that Federal Reserve is Private enterprise )
    Last edited by rpfan2008; 01-14-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: minor addn
    you needn't open every door in the asylum to realize that you are in a madhouse

Current and ex Alex Jones listeners
    Where do you place this guy vis-a-vis AJ ? 1 2

Guest: Eustace Mullins

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Make a stupid bird logo and do what the government does, put "Department of Revenue".

Just don't say who's revenue department, just like they do. Also, give them 14 days to pay! Just like they do!

Remember. a "notice of lien" isn't a lien, and there is no lien actually filed, go look.

This would probably work best if we organized it and printed and mailed all the letters from one source. We could also get the bulk mailing rate which would make it cheaper and look more like the real thing.

Could we use the address list that was purchased for the letter-writing campaigns?
    Last edited by Mahkato; 01-14-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo

If someone would kindly volunteer to be project coordinator and start a chipin, we can start generating printing fees and postage fees.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by rpfan2008 View Post
    great Idea dude...How about making a paper bill and dropping it in all your neighbors' mailbox...a

Just saying how it would be to make the dispatch as three items:

1) The 400K bill (39847.29 or whatever is exact)
    2) A booklet explaining how true this is, and internet links (to govt/ news/ think-tank sites) where they can verify that themselves.
    3) And how brutal US govt can be to recollect that debt (practically a part of it though). Reminding the Economic crisis/ Gold seizure / Recent Sub-prime Mortgage crisis etc. etc.

(also indicating that Federal Reserve is Private enterprise )
    Be careful not to leave anything in the mailbox ... (it's illegal) ...

now, back to your regular programming ...
    Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage. –– Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ron Paul admirer since 2007 ...hubba hubba

www.JBS.org

^^^
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Slist View Post

That's the total every household should pay to pull the US out of debt. And, as promo suggested in another thread, this would be a so powerful message that awakes emotions. And we know that emotions are way more important than facts in the current times. So, to sum it up:

2) Add a page explaining that "We are bankrupt, you owe us" (or something along those lines)
    3) Explain a short and comprehensive list of points through which ron paul would address the issue.
    4) Send it to as many households as possible, and personally addressed to the household's owner/family name (make it personal!).

If this is well done, it could at least move the focus of the whole political discussion towards the economic troubles while portraying ron paul as the only one having real solutions to a huge problem. (The danger of associating ron paul to a bill has to be addressed).

Now, I live in switzerland and have no real idea on how a US bill looks (otherwise I would already have made a draft)... that's why I ask you all to support this idea. I think it has really really really big potential. What do you think?
    Use a version of Ron Paul monopoly money to emphasis the point:

Quote Originally Posted by princessredtights View Post
    Be careful not to leave anything in the mailbox ... (it's illegal) ...

now, back to your regular programming ...

Is it illegal in the US for "common" people (not a mailman) to drop letters and stuff in mailboxes? I didn't know that.. here in Switzerland we get so much spam that way.. I guess we should adopt a law or two from you after all

Is it illegal in the US for "common" people (not a mailman) to drop letters and stuff in mailboxes? I didn't know that.. here in Switzerland we get so much spam that way.. I guess we should adopt a law or two from you after all
    Our postal service is a monopoly and they "own" our mailboxes. That's why people can't put stuff in them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeFranklin View Post
    That made my day! I love the many subtle and not so subtle references...
    Back to the point: I won't create a chipin since I don't live in the US and would not expect anyone to send money to a foreigner. For the same reason, I simply cannot take coordination since someone on american soil is better suited. I could look into creating a simple webpage though, but this might take some days (although I would prefer someone with better skills than mine ).

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    If someone would kindly volunteer to be project coordinator and start a chipin, we can start generating printing fees and postage fees.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Slist View Post

That's the total every household should pay to pull the US out of debt. And, as promo suggested in another thread, this would be a so powerful message that awakes emotions. And we know that emotions are way more important than facts in the current times. So, to sum it up:

OMG...I had this exact thought on the way to work this morning! Seriously..that is freaky!! The only difference I had was to actually put a phone number where folks call in it say something like "press 2 if you think this was billed to you in error"..then Ron Paul's voice come on and say - "this is no accident, it is exactly the amount Congress has put your household in debt, etc etc".and end with saying..."oes your candidate offer any solutions? I have one - I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for President"

Quote Originally Posted by aymn27 View Post
    OMG...I had this exact thought on the way to work this morning! Seriously..that is freaky!! The only difference I had was to actually put a phone number where folks call in it say something like "press 2 if you think this was billed to you in error"..then Ron Paul's voice come on and say - "this is no accident, it is exactly the amount Congress has put your household in debt, etc etc".and end with saying..."Does your candidate offer any solutions? I have one - I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for President"
    Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aymn27 View Post
    OMG...I had this exact thought on the way to work this morning! Seriously..that is freaky!! The only difference I had was to actually put a phone number where folks call in it say something like "press 2 if you think this was billed to you in error"..then Ron Paul's voice come on and say - "this is no accident, it is exactly the amount Congress has put your household in debt, etc etc".and end with saying..."oes your candidate offer any solutions? I have one - I'm Ron Paul and I'm running for President"
    Eh eh, freaky indeed! And your alternative sounds even better!

I like the idea...

it would wake people up, and create a BIG media buzz, I think this should be done.

We need something to make America wake up and take notice. This sounds like a good idea.......But it needs to look very legit so people will open it and read it. It needs to look like a real bill from Uncle Sam.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    any pro graphics designers willing to take up the task?

Quote Originally Posted by bulloncoins View Post
    We need something to make America wake up and take notice. This sounds like a good idea.......But it needs to look very legit so people will open it and read it. It needs to look like a real bill from Uncle Sam.

I agree, is there any "template" or anyone who could scan a real-world copy of such a bill? Being a foreigner I really have no idea on how it looks like

As someone said before, we need:

- a logo with a bird
    - a generic but official sounding name

and we should get no legal hassles. If we use real logos or names, they could sue.

Quote Originally Posted by bulloncoins View Post
    This would run into legal problems; same as putting mail directly into a mailbox. Thats why I offered the Ron Paul monopoly money - took that into account.. even an assurance it isn't real money! lol

I agree, is there any "template" or anyone who could scan a real-world copy of such a bill? Being a foreigner I really have no idea on how it looks like
    Bad idea, that might break laws here. Have to be careful about doing things like that, especially if its for a protest too.

Quote Originally Posted by BeFranklin View Post
    Bad idea, that might break laws here. Have to be careful about doing things like that, especially if its for a protest too.
    Hell, if you send carnival colored junk mail to them it will go straight to the trash.....
    If it does not look like a bill, it will not get opened.

It would be another waste of time and money.

Grow a pair....the revolution is in trouble.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast