Thread: free newspaper ads - stuff them yourself

free newspaper ads - stuff them yourself

I'm not if or how effective this may be, or if I broke any laws... but just in case...

In my dream...... I stopped by my local diner early this (Sunday) morning and opened up all of the free local newspaper boxes (those metal boxes that offer a free, usually local, newspapers) and stuffed a Ron Paul slimjim into the front cover/second page of each paper. Its a local paper that all of the old farts who go to the dinner pickup to read about the local (usually political) issues, which seem like a good target audiance. I dropped in slimjims (just over 25) but it might be cheaper if I just hit up the StapleMax and get black/white 2 sided photo copies made of the Ron Paul flyer and stuff those in - if enough of us stuff these flyers into our local free papers/auto shoppers/house shoppers/etc, it might just flood the public with the name, which get a few to figure out who/why they keep seeing the name everywhere.

Just a thought - trying to do my part.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Totally! I think the b&w homemade fliers are a much better usage of money considering that many might not care one way or the other and end up chucking them. The Slim Jims are nice looking I know and concur and help to fund the main HQ campaign but the grassroots fliers are better if we are limited on funds. Here in S.E. Idaho we have just a small handful of diehard Paulites and no actual central funding for anything. So B&W fliers are a much easier way for us to all go make up our own fliers and DIY them on our own.

Guerilla Tactics at their best!!!

I'm guilty of this myself

but DO NOT USE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN MATERIALS and have disclaimer on flyers stating it is not part of or affiliated with official campaign
    Last edited by RSLudlum; 01-26-2008 at 07:57 PM.