Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP Top Brass Discuss Strategies; What to Do About Paul and Returning to Core Values

GOP Top Brass Discuss Strategies; What to Do About Paul and Returning to Core Values

I was speaking to party insiders this weekend and was told that discussions reaching as high as Mike Duncan, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, were taking place on what to do about Ron Paul. I was told that the movement has had a profound affect on the party and is reshaping the current platform. Concessions must be made to the Ron Paul Republicans if the party is to thrive. They said they know the party will lose in the general election to the Democrats without Ron Paul supporters and irreparable damage to the party could last for decades.

To be brandished as losers does not sit well with the top brass in the party, and an incredible amount of resources are being wasted. They said that a return to core Republican values could go a long way in returning credibility to the party. I didn't ask what they meant by this but I know what they were thinking. I think they are beginning to see the writing on the wall, and I hope this is the beginning of a breakthrough for our party.
    Abolish the Privately Owned Federal Reserve Bank Corporation!
    How many more times are we going to let them screw up our economy?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I hope this is true... it sure seems like Huckabee is on board
    Peace, Prosperity, Paul.

my ass....they want to stay in Iraq for 100 years.

We're better off with Democrats at this point if not Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwise View Post
    I was speaking to party insiders this weekend and was told that discussions reaching as high as Mike Duncan, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, were taking place on what to do about Ron Paul. I was told that the movement has had a profound affect on the party and is reshaping the current platform. Concessions must be made to the Ron Paul Republicans if the party is to thrive. They said they know the party will lose in the general election to the Democrats without Ron Paul supporters and irreparable damage to the party could last for decades.

To be brandished as losers does not sit well with the top brass in the party, and an incredible amount of resources are being wasted. They said that a return to core Republican values could go a long way in returning credibility to the party. I didn't ask what they meant by this but I know what they were thinking. I think they are beginning to see the writing on the wall, and I hope this is the beginning of a breakthrough for our party.
    This could get pretty interesting.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonox View Post
    He has been very unabashed in his take over of Ron Paul's campaign positions. I would love to see the Republican Party make a large move back to it's Conservative traditions, it is on par with getting Ron Paul elected as President.

With that said, it's just so hard to trust most of those liars.

Remember folks, even should Ron Paul lose this race but return to Congress, he could be the most powerful Congressman on the Hill if we keep our support behind him. Never forget this. Never give up. This is just the beginning.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by acroso View Post

People in positions of power want to stay in power. The ideology comes from external pressure that makes people in positions of power believe they'd better get in line behind the external platform and issues in order to stay in power. The neo-conservatives, with their media dominance, have for a long while made this case the strongest. The leadership can see the writing on the wall, the neo-conservatives no longer need to use the Republicans as a vessel, but can return to their more comfortable Democratic clothes (sensing an easy Democratic victory).

That leaves the Republican leadership to bow to the next pressure group that offers them hope for continued power.

Quote Originally Posted by acroso View Post

Well we need liberty minded folks in the Democratic party too

Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    Sweetness

You mean they will tell us whatever they think we want to hear so we'll vote for them and then they'll just stay in Iraq for another 100 years? No Thanks.

hopefully this is a sign of the liberty and freedom to come

I hope you're right and that you're being honest.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” - Thomas Jefferson

The only concession I want from the GOP is to throw some support behind our man. That is the only way I will judge them as genuine in any sort of return to core values. What they don't realize is that their new wave of potential voters (us) is not going to be placated by smarmy doublespeak. We aren't idiots, and we aren't going to be led around. They are going to have to be genuine or we will see it for the hollow promise that it is. I don't know if being honest is something they are going to be able to bring themselves to do.

Would be nice to know we're stirring the pot up there though
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry, but if the Republican party is not the party that would nominate a man like Ron Paul, then I want no business with them. That means the Republican party and I would have very little in common, if such was the case, why would I support them? Because I like them more than the Democrats? That’s doesn’t sound like a good reason to me. I will stand by my principles. If it comes to it, I will register as a libertarian and devote my efforts to that party.

Free To Choose
    - The greatest video series defending capitalism in it's purest form. These videos were put out by Milton Friedman.

This has nothing with moving towards actual conservative/libertarian values. It has to do with using Ron Paul talking points to win elections. Basically, how do we get a Guiliani or Thompson to sound enough like Ron Paul that we can swing some of his voters and not lose the general in a landslide. I don't see how this is a good thing. It's not like they're going to embrace the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by melianthus View Post
    You mean they will tell us whatever they think we want to hear so we'll vote for them and then they'll just stay in Iraq for another 100 years? No Thanks.
    +1000

I call BS. They treat Ron like dirt, and mock him.

They won't get the message until Ron runs independent and brings them to their knees.

They need to renounce war-mongering before we will even listen to them.

I think they know Ron Paul Republicans will not compromise on their principles, and this is what scares them the most.

Even if any one of those five other clowns started imitating Ron Paul word-for-word, I wouldn't believe a word of it. Give me candidates with proven track records of fiscal responsibility, limiting the size & scope of federal government, and attention to the Constitution and then I'll start thinking of voting for them.
    WWJD - What Would Jefferson Do?

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Quote Originally Posted by Xonox View Post
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by angrydragon View Post
    I hope you're right and that you're being honest.
    My family has a long history of being involved in party politics, although I have never participated.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    evadmurd

Sounds like they realize, or at least coming to the realization, that without Ron Paul, there is no chance to beat the Hillary/Obama ticket. About time. I don't like the work "concessions". I want victory...even if it comes by writing Ron Paul on my ballot in November.

They aren't saying they will nominate him I reckon.
    They are simply beginning to realize they can't win without his supporters.
    We are that big now.

Question is, what will they do with their new found knowledge?

Wow, they're just now figuring it out?

I wonder how many people (like me) have answered the RNC's calls for $$$ with, "Sorry, I won't be contributing to you unless you start listening to Ron Paul. BTW, I've been giving all my $$$ to him..."

LOL>

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    They aren't saying they will nominate him I reckon.
    They are simply beginning to realize they can't win without his supporters.
    We are that big now.

Question is, what will they do with their new found knowledge?
    No kidding. They know how many votes Ron has really received, better than anyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwise View Post
    I think they know Ron Paul Republicans will not compromise on their principles, and this is what scares them the most.
    Do they realize that most informed Paul supporters WILL NOT support any of the sell outs and flip floppers on their ticket?
    Do they realize that even with the Ron Paul supporters, winning the Presidency will still be close, because of the damage done to the Party?

I would like to see the Republican Party reformed to be something to be proud of, but it has a long way to go. I am not seeing this in my area yet.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Wow, they're just now figuring it out?

I wonder how many people (like me) have answered the RNC's calls for $$$ with, "Sorry, I won't be contributing to you unless you start listening to Ron Paul. BTW, I've been giving all my $$$ to him..."

LOL>
    QFT, wonder if the NRA will ever come around?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast